The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited November 2017

(PC talk)
    Somehow I've come to the point where, not only is my storage dual drive(OS on SSD/mass on HDD), but now my media is as well. I have some PAL discs and don't have a region-free player, but I did have an extra media drive around. So now I have one drive on NTSC and one drive on PAL.
    Yes, my PC is huge.

• Since I’ve gotten into Mr. Robot, I’ve been thinking of buying the Telltale Mobile game thing, but I was wondering...

Do I need to be connected to the internet to play it? Or can I download it then play it offline?

Thank you.

• "Internet connection not required once downloaded."
    - From Google Play app store.
    Um... There are some interesting reviews regarding bugs. I'd check recent reviews before committing to see if they're fixed(easier to do from the app than the website).

Acheive250 posted: »

Since I’ve gotten into Mr. Robot, I’ve been thinking of buying the Telltale Mobile game thing, but I was wondering... Do I need to be connected to the internet to play it? Or can I download it then play it offline? Thank you.

• Shit

• edited November 2017

Alright. I'm going to ask.

What's with the dog videos? Not really complaining, I love dogs.

Heh. Nice alt.

...Before anyone says anything: I'm on staycation and no, I don't have anything better to do. Watching TV, playing games, and just hanging out.

lupinb0y posted: »

Shit Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/aQ8s5JV.gifv

• I find them on my adventures through the front page of Reddit and I want to share them :P

Johro posted: »

Alright. I'm going to ask. What's with the dog videos? Not really complaining, I love dogs. Heh. Nice alt. ...Before anyone says

• great so now work calls me in to work tomorrow so much for having a lie in

• It's lucky you get a day's notice when you're called into work. I usually get two hours at the most. So I've gotten used to wearing my uniform even at home.

• i once got a 30 minutes notice for work once i live about 10-20 minutes away because someone decided to not bother their ass because it was their last day

It's lucky you get a day's notice when you're called into work. I usually get two hours at the most. So I've gotten used to wearing my uniform even at home.

• It's National Pickle Day today, so I watched Pickle Rick. Pretty fitting.

• edited November 2017

Well, tonight I'm going to break my streak(?) of not completing a Telltale game since The Walking Dead season 1. I'm going to finish Batman season 1. I'm in the mood.

You know... When you play episodes back to back, the episode recaps are a tad annoying. Oh, not because they're there, but because wording changes. THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY SAID!!!!

• edited November 2017

Apparently Tales from the Borderlands is free for Xbox Gold subscribers this month. If you haven't played this game yet... WHY

• What do you think of Telltale's take on the Batman mythos?

Well, tonight I'm going to break my streak(?) of not completing a Telltale game since The Walking Dead season 1. I'm going to finish Batman

• edited November 2017

Of the fixed mythos, it's fine. I'll even say it's pretty good. I religiously followed the 90's cartoon, the 80's-90's comics and the New 52 comics, so I have a strong opinion of who the characters should be. With that, only really Zsasz bothered me. He is a man, whom even in his lucid moments, you know something is terribly wrong with him. That didn't convey really well in the game. His motivations did and were handled well though.

The villain, whom they drastically altered, was never really an interesting character until recently. I was fine with that change too.

As for the choices... Ehhh. I feel some of the options had a bit too much fan service and exactly how many people did you have the option of revealing yourself to? 3? 4? That was a bit crazy. I didn't hate them though as there were very clearly some Batman fans(beyond the Nolan universe) involved with the game. There was almost always an option I agreed with(as to what my idea of Batman would do/say).

Overall, I'd say I liked it.

What do you think of Telltale's take on the Batman mythos?

• edited November 2017

HugsNotDrugs

We also have the basic plot of Deadpool 2: After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

• edited November 2017

OH YES.
    [grr giphy is being evil. Can't post the required "it's happening" gif]

Edit: To anyone enjoying the strange marketing of this film, there's more! Deadpool himself has Guest-edited a recent issue of Good Housekeeping -- giving anyone interested tips on making the Holiday Season better:

HugsNotDrugs We also have the basic plot of Deadpool 2: After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade

• Clementine hat signed by Robert Kirkman

This came in the mail today.

• We will never get a good Star Wars game ever again if EA owns it forever. Lucas did a terrible mistake.

EA made Reddit history today by having the most downvoted comment of all time on Reddit with over 250K downvotes. On the Battlefront subr

• I have a question: Have you watched Logan? I'm not a huge fan of X-Men but the trailers got me into this movie and I loved it.

HugsNotDrugs We also have the basic plot of Deadpool 2: After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade

• It's not looking too good. Star Wars games were best as linear RPGs and that's... Not the direction EA likes to go. Short of lightning in a bottle that gives us another Alien Isolation scenario(a game that the publisher didn't care too much about until it was hyped by fans), the only other foreseeable outcome would be if they gave Bioware KOTOR 3 with free rein(two words EA forgot a few years ago).

AronDracula posted: »

We will never get a good Star Wars game ever again if EA owns it forever. Lucas did a terrible mistake.

• I have not watched Logan, nor any of the X-Men movies.

I have a question: Have you watched Logan? I'm not a huge fan of X-Men but the trailers got me into this movie and I loved it.

• Well that's pretty freakin' awesome!

• Hey that's really cool! What was this for if I may ask?

• Well that's insanely cool.
    "We're sorry this took so long to ship, so to make up for it we got Robert Kirkman himself sign the hat." That's really nice.

• Having cheesecake and wine.

Not because I'm highbrow, but because I happened to be drinking wine and eating a piece of cheesecake. Love cheesecake.

• Watched Justice League today. It's uhh... fine I guess. It isn't certainly nowhere near as bad as Suicide Squad but it's nowhere near as good as Wonder Woman. I'd say it's just above BvS and that's not saying much at all.

The editing is really bad, the CGI is absolutely awful in most places, Cyborg looks like crumpled up aluminium foil, Flashes costume is messily designed and just looks really shit, Batman's character is a complete 180 from BvS to the point where he's pretty snarky and wisecracks quite a bit, most of the fight scenes are nothing to write home about, Aquaman and Cyborg aren't particularly well developed, conflict between the heroes at one point in the movie feels VERY forced, Stephenwolf is a terrible villain and the plot in general isn't that great.

However, Wonder Woman is really fantastic especially in her opening scene near the beginning of the movie, the first 10-20 minutes of the movie is really great in general which gave me high hopes for the movie, the character interactions are pretty funny at times, I honestly think this movie has the Superman that we should have gotten because he actually fucking smiles in this, I think Flash is pretty alright in this (funny and charismatic) but I've heard people call him extremely annoying, and I thought the first after credits scene was pretty neat (nothing important to the plot but just a cool character interaction scene that I liked).

Overall it was just really mediocre. It's not terrible but not really good. It's an "eh".

• Fun Fact: Wonder Woman was directed by a woman who had it figured out while other DCEU movies were directed by men with no smart brains LOL.

Watched Justice League today. It's uhh... fine I guess. It isn't certainly nowhere near as bad as Suicide Squad but it's nowhere near as goo

• If you liked the R rating of Deadpool and loved The Last of Us, I would recommend this movie.

I have not watched Logan, nor any of the X-Men movies.

• Damn, look at this heartless score.

• edited November 2017

Do you think DC should have introduced these other characters (Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash) before this movie? [What I mean is: Did they try to explain and characterise these new movie members too much?]
    I haven't seen it yet, I don't want to, and I have this horrible feeling of DC trying to jump on the "Superhero Team-up" bandwagon way too early.

Watched Justice League today. It's uhh... fine I guess. It isn't certainly nowhere near as bad as Suicide Squad but it's nowhere near as goo

• so apparently final fantasy xv has a multiplayer dlc out today havent got the chance to play it yet but im kinda worried that it seems rushed considering the release dates of the previous dlc was months apart guess ill try it later

• Shit like this is why I hate Metacritic now. This used to be the place for honest opinion, now it's where people go to down or up vote... just because. I haven't played BF2, but I highly doubt it belongs with the other games that share it's rating. Unless you're Nintendo, Metacritic users hate you. Sad.

Damn, look at this heartless score.

• edited November 2017

Shit like this is why I hate Metacritic now. This used to be the place for honest opinion, now it's where people go to down or up vote... just because. I haven't played BF2, but I highly doubt it belongs with the other games that share it's rating. Unless you're Nintendo, Metacritic users hate you. Sad.

Yeah, I hate seeing a few terrible low-scored reviews in good games, fuck those assholes. I wonder how many people who gave Battlefront 2 a 0/10 score bought the game.

Shit like this is why I hate Metacritic now. This used to be the place for honest opinion, now it's where people go to down or up vote... j

• @Psychokinesis said:
    Well that's pretty freakin' awesome!

Thank you! It is. I still haven't assimilated how much this thing is worth.

@lupinb0y said:
    Hey that's really cool! What was this for if I may ask?

Thanks! And, sure.

Around June, Skybound hosted a Twitch stream for A New Frontier's EP4 and EP5; they announced they had some hats to give away, and they tossed out a trivia question at chat, about a variant comic cover or something like that. I was lucky enough to be the first to type and send the answer. So I won the Clem hat! But around Septemeber, they told me the hat allegedly "must've gotten lost" in traffic, and it still hadn't made it here—I'm pretty sure they just forgot to send it though—and that they'd ship another one.

After some six months of wait and countless amounts of pegging Skybound PR on Twitch PMs, I had long accepted that they wouldn't send me shit. Surprisingly, they did. Even more surprisingly, it had Kirkman's signature.

@AChicken said:
    Well that's insanely cool. "We're sorry this took so long to ship, so to make up for it we got Robert Kirkman himself sign the hat." That's really nice.

I know right? It's crazy. I'm kinda glad it took this long.

AChicken posted: »

Well that's insanely cool. "We're sorry this took so long to ship, so to make up for it we got Robert Kirkman himself sign the hat." That's really nice.

• Good things come to those hat wait...

Sorry :D

@Psychokinesis said: Well that's pretty freakin' awesome! Thank you! It is. I still haven't assimilated how much this thing is wo

• Good things come to those hat wait...

Good things come to those hat wait... Sorry

• Maybe: Kirkman comes to those who wait?

Good things come to those hat wait... Sorry

• I mean they kinda introduced them in BvS when Bruce looks into Luthor's files (even if it was really dumb). But if you were unaware about these characters before the movie they pretty much explain what they do as soon as they come on screen.

It's very obvious that DC are trying to play catch-up with Marvel. The movie in general is lighter in tone and characters are surprisingly quippy (especially Batman weirdly enough). They even started doing after credits scenes despite Christopher Nolan saying that DC won't be doing them because "a real movie wouldn't do that."

AChicken posted: »

Do you think DC should have introduced these other characters (Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash) before this movie? [What I mean is: Did they try to e

• edited November 2017

This is old news, so you may have already seen it, but for those who have not:
    Stranger Things fans! How are you doing? Enjoying season 2?
    In the days leading up to season 2, Netflix's promotion for it was big. So big, there's this cool IRL thing involved.
    Those in New York, LA, or in other large cities in North America (I don't know the specifics), you may have seen this ad:

Of course, this is for the secret lab in the show. Take note of the phone number 1-888-355-8703 in the corner, and call it. Insight into "the company" and full little tidbits about the new season. It's nothing new if you've already seen it, but as a little preview beforehand, it's cool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.