The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Happy best month of the year: December!

• Unless you're in retail.

Happy best month of the year: December!

• edited December 2017

In a giving mood. Anybody interested in a Steam copy of Alien: Isolation(rated M)?
    It's a rather difficult stealth game. Please only reply if seriously interested.

Installing Wolf Among Us. There. Are you people happy now?! Huh?!
    See how I like it.

• From EAs last lawsuit i think it maybe that disney will move to someone else apparently they were angry at the pay to win situation

AronDracula posted: »

Hell, their latest IP was going to be a linear story-driven Star Wars game and now it became another Star Wars 1313 situation. Disney should fire EA from making Star Wars games and give the license to a trustworthy company.

• I had snow yesterday in the uk which is unusual didnt amount to much

• Oh yes The Cringe Awards is back,baby! Get ready for the most cringeworthy(expect the real moments of being a gamer and fan of gaming in general)moments in gaming history. I only look forward to announcements and that is it.

Oh, I just forgot that The Cringe Awards is close. I'll watch the stream just for announcements, we all know which is going to win the GOTY.

• Unwanted/unpopular opinion: If you have babies or little children, you should NOT be riding the bus.

• edited December 2017

Installing Wolf Among Us. There. Are you people happy now?! Huh?!
    See how I like it.

I like it. I like it...
    More than TWD

For those wondering, no, I haven't really changed my stance on the direction I would like the games to go. I've just sort of accepted that this is what we have right now and admit that I do enjoy some of the stories. That said, I'd still lose my shit if they announced another old school adventure game.

• And Here's one that goes into the multiplayer.

Finally

• Random thought:
    I love this forum and chatting with everyone. Cause I know if I have a shitty day, I can come here and get a genuine laugh : )

• Note: If you’re going to try your hardest to throw the “garbage” out, people will always want to throw it back in.

• Two episodes of Wolf left. So far, I'm digging it. I prefer this IP to TWD. I do. The world is much more interesting. I'll finish it in the morning.

• Go for TFTB, GoT and Batman after that if you haven't played them yet. Can't say much about guardians since I haven't played it yet. Not much to be said about minecraft. Also I agree that TWD is pretty overrated. I enjoyed S1 a lot but the IP itself is pretty boring (I say this as someone who reads the comics) and doesn't offer much room for interesting stories.

Johro posted: »

Two episodes of Wolf left. So far, I'm digging it. I prefer this IP to TWD. I do. The world is much more interesting. I'll finish it in the morning.

• So apparently the worst of the storm missed Melbourne today. We only got a bit of light rain down here for most of the day and a few people are calling the storm warnings BS at this point. Considering I was expected to lose power at some point I guess we've gotten lucky.

On a more positive note, the Australian Senate passed a marriage equality bill and it goes to the House of Representatives for debate this coming week.

• Glad you're enjoying it. Now you probably understand why the fans were craving for second season for so long. :P
    ᵀᵃᶫᵉˢ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ᴮᵒʳᵈᵉʳᶫᵃᶰᵈˢ ᶰᵉˣᵗ﹖

Two episodes of Wolf left. So far, I'm digging it. I prefer this IP to TWD. I do. The world is much more interesting. I'll finish it in the morning.

• edited December 2017

When you finish it, post a comment on what you liked and didn't like about it in Telltale's feedback request thread. They're trying to figure out how they should approach season 2 next year.
    https://telltale.com/community/discussion/117938/season-1-discussion-talk-with-some-of-the-wolf-season-2-team-reflect-on-s1-and-give-feedback-etc

• When you get to it, check out Tales from the Borderlands too! :)

• edited December 2017

Will do. I chose to do Wolf first because I have an issue with Borderlands. Not the IP itself, but with Gearbox. I wanted to go through something else first and try to go in with a blank slate.

Last line of episode 4(choice dependent): "Dead or alive, you're coming with me"...So someone's seen Robocop on the writing staff.

When you get to it, check out Tales from the Borderlands too!

• I'm getting over a sore cough that's been driving me crazy as of late.

On the plus side, I wake up in the morning sounding like Batman for the day.

• Like who exactly? Like Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck or Kevin Conroy?

RichWalk23 posted: »

I'm getting over a sore cough that's been driving me crazy as of late. On the plus side, I wake up in the morning sounding like Batman for the day.

• I sounded very deep, so I'm probably closer to Christian Bale and Ben Affleck's Batman voice.

Like who exactly? Like Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck or Kevin Conroy?

• Not sure if this is news or not but I didn't know this before.
    Apparently, Laura Bailey has been cast to voice Anna in the Last of Us Part II.
    The Last of Us Part II IMDB
    Flash backs confirmed?

• Who hasn’t seen Robocop? It’s a classic.

Will do. I chose to do Wolf first because I have an issue with Borderlands. Not the IP itself, but with Gearbox. I wanted to go through s

J-Master posted: »

Who hasn’t seen Robocop? It’s a classic.

• edited December 2017

Telltale will never know just how much I enjoyed that line being there.
    ...and watch Robocop.

Apparently, there's some guy on Twitter and Reddit talking about all these horrible EA "secrets" that he has inside knowledge of(I haven't looked into it, so I have no idea whom this guy is). It took a (very recently)former employee to speak out and say the guy is full of it. There's no doubt that EA loves money and that a lot of their ideas are toxic to the traditional video game community, but we don't need people flat out lying just to get votes and followers.

I did install TFTB(I normally dislike monograms, but I can't call it "Tales" or "Borderlands" because of Monkey Island and... Borderlands), but it'll wait until another day. Gonna play me some ESO for a bit.

• edited December 2017

I can't believe it. I just had a dream about the Final season of TWD.

It began with some monologue from Clementine. I don't remember exactly what she said, but it was something about being alone. I was in first person of someone running through the woods while it was semi dark outside. Could've been early morning or in the evening. I was sure the person was Clementine because the sounds of them breathing sounded like her. She was upset for some reason or maybe scared? It cuts to her with a small group of people. I think 2. I couldn't see Clementine because everything was still happening in first person perspective of her. While the monologue continued, Clem was keeping watch over the group while they slept when she started hearing groaning from what sounded like a herd coming from the woods that surrounded them. She woke them up, got packed up, and started trying to book it out of there. Clementine ran through the woods till they got to a field illuminated by moonlight. She stopped and turned around to make sure her group was still with her, but they were nowhere to be seen. She kept walking through the field and found a wolf next to the edge of stream, and she followed it while the monologue began to talk about how she compared to the wolf. "Independant, without fear". She tried to cross the stream to catch up with it. She started to see more wolves while the monologue said, "But with a pack, you are stronger". One of the wolves began to charge in her direction. And she had to jump back into the water to avoid fighting it. Then the game's title card showed. After the title card, it cuts to Javier in third person in Richmond, walking down the street and talking to some woman. I think it was an advisor of some sort. I was about to get the first dialogue decision when I woke up.

Fuck, I wanted to stay in the dream. :rage:

• Holy shh-- it's been confirmed?!?

Acheive250 posted: »

Not sure if this is news or not but I didn't know this before. Apparently, Laura Bailey has been cast to voice Anna in the Last of Us Part II. The Last of Us Part II IMDB Flash backs confirmed?

• I forgot where, but Nolan North said at some point that he will play a character in the sequel that isn't David, the cannibal leader. Maybe he will play another villain or a supporting character.

Acheive250 posted: »

Not sure if this is news or not but I didn't know this before. Apparently, Laura Bailey has been cast to voice Anna in the Last of Us Part II. The Last of Us Part II IMDB Flash backs confirmed?

• I decided to play CRISIS CORE Final Fantasy VII again. I'm determined to actually finish it this time.
    It's the first and only Final Fantasy game I've ever played. (Kingdom Hearts doesn't count, does it?)
    It's funny 'cause when I first played it, I hated it. I've never been a big fan of RPG's. (Although I really enjoyed Fire Emblem, but I played that much later.) It wasn't until I was going to sell it that I decided to give it one more go and I actually enjoyed it.
    I wonder if CRISIS CORE is much different to the other Final Fantasy games and if I might enjoy them? Not that I can afford to buy any games at the moment...

• edited December 2017

ZoominGames didn't seem to like GOTG: Telltale Series. It was on their top 10 most disappointing games of the year. [1:36]

• That's one of their bonus channel?

ZoominGames didn't seem to like GOTG: Telltale Series. It was on their top 10 most disappointing games of the year. [1:36]

• Whoops, wrong channel. I fixed it.

That's one of their bonus channel?

• Marvel's Avengers Infinity War trailer, not only it became the most viewed video of their channel but became the most viewed trailer on youtube since IT 2017 official trailer, earning 80,000,000 views in a week.

• edited December 2017

Ridley Scott mentioned that he wants to focus less on Xenomorphs in future Alien movies and more on AI. Are you fucking serious Scott? What is the point of calling the future movies Alien if they don't even focus on Xenomorphs? Did you forget why people watch these movies?

• WTF Steelers???

• WTF Steelers??

Edit: Hot damn, they won. Good thing the Bengals caught rabies and decided to give us lots of free penalty yardage!

• edited December 2017

[Large Audible Sigh]

Let the waiting begin. I assure you I'd pay for this, but not 50$. Either way it's too good to be locked behind a pre-order.

• So I found this article today (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5140165/Detroit-Human-video-game-branded-repulsive.html) and I was thinking of starting a thread discussing it but I'm not really sure what the rule is now for discussion/debate threads. What do you guys think about starting a thread like this?

• I think it should be fine. It's an article about a video game and it's not anything really political. I say do it.

So I found this article today (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5140165/Detroit-Human-video-game-branded-repulsive.html) and I was th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.