The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited January 2018

Get Out is up there for me. (But they better put it in the right category this time, as the Golden Globes had it nomd for Best actor in a Comedy/Musical -- whaa?)
    I agree with Aron that Logan should be up there too (a superhero movie that's not a superhero movie, and actually has lots of depth and emotion to it, something the Academy loves) granted, I don't think it would win, but having it be nominated would be great.
    I kind of want Baby Driver there as well, I feel that it has a good chance in the Best Cinematography, and Film Editing categories.

...Uhhh that's all I can think of right now.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

90th Academy Awards are being announced soon so I’m wondering which movie do you think should win Movie of the Year? Top 3 that come to mind are Get Out, Wonder Woman, or Dunkirk. What do you think?

• I suddenly feel the urge to write a Shakespearean play called Henry of Wales or Bloody Harry about Prince Harry's evil schemes, including orchestrating the assassination of his mother, sabotaging the War in Afghanistan, and marrying Meghan Markle as a ploy to launch a coup in America. I must say, the more I think about it, the more I want to write it.

• Spent a bit of time looking it up. Doesn't seem too difficult to set up a basic game.

My pals Nick and Will are pretty knowledgeable with DnD. I could set you up in a DM with one of them and they could show give you some tips if ya want. Otherwise just Google it. I'm sure some nerd will help you out haha

• Damn, that sucks :/

Melton23 posted: »

Whenever I try to set something up with my friends they act like assholes, which then leads into a 6 vs 1 argument. I need better friends, all of mine are shit

• Yep. I've played all three.
    I liked them. The first is widely considered the best, the second was where the series really found console success(my least favourite, but for some, it was the first one they played), and the third is very polarizing. Some loved it, some hated it(it's different and "different" does that to fans).

The thing about Bioshock, is that if you enjoy the first hour or so, you'll enjoy the series. It's not a game that takes 6 hours before you know what the game is like.

Anyone here played the bioshoke series? After finishing tw3 I'm kinda wanting to play it but not sure yet...is it good?

• I've heard from my friends that Ludwig is the best boss in the series. I still haven't fought him so I have no opinions on him, but I'd be bummed if he sucked

AronDracula posted: »

OMG, the Ludwig boss fight in Bloodborne Old Hunters DLC is fucking bullshit, man. I hate animal type bosses in this whole goddamn game.

• My brother has minecraft story mode season 1, but what if he does that thing where you make your account from the game and signs up here? Would that mean that I would get banned for having 2 accounts? ? I doubt he will but I’m just curious

• Yeah, like he is now HARDER than any bosses in the main game.

I've heard from my friends that Ludwig is the best boss in the series. I still haven't fought him so I have no opinions on him, but I'd be bummed if he sucked

• Not if you're clearly two different people. The spirit of that rule is to help prevent breaking other rules. Back in the olden days we had two users from the same household and they didn't have any issues. I'm unsure how the moderating tools work on this new forum(some forums have an IP list and what usernames have used it), but like I said, when they know you're separate people, there won't be an issue.

My brother has minecraft story mode season 1, but what if he does that thing where you make your account from the game and signs up here? Would that mean that I would get banned for having 2 accounts? ? I doubt he will but I’m just curious

• edited January 2018

From the information I’ve gathered, it looks like they detect your IP address and determine whether it’s the same. Most likely. Just makes more sense, right? I like messing around and testing things like these

Johro posted: »

Not if you're clearly two different people. The spirit of that rule is to help prevent breaking other rules. Back in the olden days we had

• From the information I’ve gathered

Mods, keep an eye on this one. He's got a file!

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Yeah... a file

From the information I’ve gathered Mods, keep an eye on this one. He's got a file! Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it.

• edited January 2018

Just found out that Melton is actually a real name O_O mind. blown. ?

• The elevators at the hospital are running really slow today, no clue why. My grandmother wants me in the room at all times, which I sometimes have no control over.

I've jogged eight floors today for various reasons and my legs are BEGGING me to stop.

• mind. blown

Aren't you sure your mind isn't meltin', Melton?

i couldn't resist. you cannot defeat me.

Just found out that Melton is actually a real name O_O mind. blown. ?

Much funny very wow

AChicken posted: »

mind. blown Aren't you sure your mind isn't meltin', Melton? i couldn't resist. you cannot defeat me.

• Had a lot of problems trying to sleep recently. I feel like crap

• edited January 2018

Random thought:
    Pete Postlethwaite was way too good for what (Jurassic Park)The Lost World was.

Had a lot of problems trying to sleep recently. I feel like crap

I had insomnia for a long time. I am sorry. I hope you sleep well again soon.

• I had this last night, I tried to go to bed at 10-10:30 because recently I am not feeling good and I couldn't, it was awful. I started thinking about so many things and stayed up till 3 am. If this happens this night again I will be forced to take a sleeping pill... :s

• Agreed great film,my G-pa loved it too

Logan is the one that I personally think should take the cake, coming from someone who was never such a fan of X-Men.

• edited January 2018

Star Trek Discovery mid-season.Re:view I got question? Does anybody think the oriville and star trek discovery are what mike interpreted them has Oriville the warm-hearting yet somehow just stupid in way and Star Trek Discovery becoming more about action and boring. Also I didn't like how Star Trek Discovery became a action backed TV show(which in reality Star Trek fans hate a LOT)I'm not a Star Trek fan or anything like that.

But,I think I remembered Star Trek was more a adventure and exploration show rather than a Action and War!!! " I am going to stab you in the fuckin face!!" Like WTF!! This show isn't really a Star Trek show at all. Like I said before I'm not a Star Trek and I don't understand Star Trek universe that much.But to those who understand Star Trek universe. I mean I only watched like 4 episodes of that Star Trek Discovery and I really tried to watch more.But,I couldn't at all.

• Thanks. I doubt I will have my sleep any time soon but I hope it will come one day

Random thought: Pete Postlethwaite was way too good for what (Jurassic Park)The Lost World was. Had a lot of problems trying to sleep

• edited January 2018

Old stuff (by a few days), but I like it.

• anyone else played ps vr i got one for christmas and am loving it the only downside is my room is small and job simulator is quite hard to play when there is a wall in front of where you want to go but re7 is quite good on vr and ps vr worlds (the space part in that game made me feel ill) is quite good mainly the london heist

• I still haven't watched Star Trek Discovery, even though I could, already being a CBS All Access subscriber. To be fair, I haven't watched any of the Orville, either.

Star Trek traditionally has told an interesting story, often with an underlying lesson, and was light-hearted enough to never take itself too seriously. My understanding is that neither of the new shows works like that.

strwar3 posted: »

Star Trek Discovery mid-season.Re:view I got question? Does anybody think the oriville and star trek discovery are what mike interpreted the

• I think Thor ragnarok or the last jedi and I know I'm gonna get alot of hate for that. But I don't think they will win cause they're not werid and that's all that win is werid crap

Dunkirk or Get Out absolutely deserve to win.

• Today is my birthday. :smile:

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2018

Happy Birthday! =)

Today is my birthday.

• Happy birthday! Have a great one!

Today is my birthday.

• Happy birthday!

Today is my birthday.

• Happy birthday :) I got banned for my birthday. No mods, I am never going to live that down ?

Today is my birthday.

• Happy Birthday!

• ...A nail file.

Yeah... a file

• Ima lay off the pedophile joke I was gonna make. You can see where it was going though

...A nail file.

• Happy Birthday, AronDracula! :)

Today is my birthday.

• Thank you, mate. :wink:

RichWalk23 posted: »

Happy Birthday, AronDracula!

• Erm, I didn't say happy birthday so I don't deserve that thanks.
    But Happy birthday!

Thank you @Psychokinesis @Blind Sniper @Cocoa2736 @Johro @AChicken @Melton23

• Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday.

• Has anyone here had LASIK? I'm getting mine in a month and I'm terrified.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.