The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Watching this video makes me think it gets easier, seeing how fast the enemies and bosses lose their health.

Yeah, it's like that with every game. NG+ scales to your current character's Soul Level/Blood Level and boosts the amount of Souls/Blood Echoes gained, while also increasing enemy damage and aggressiveness.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited January 2018

Few tips

• As soon as you can strum a couple chords, spend some time learning to play on a beat. Use toe-tapping or a metronome and stay at it. Rhythm is the most important part of learning how to play IMO.

• Don't worry if your fingers get sore, your skin will toughen up after a while and your muscles with get stronger.

• See about getting the guitar properly set up, if it isn't already. A lot of times, affordable string instruments arrive with the action set too high, which can make learning harder than it has to be. A guitar shop can set you up pretty inexpensively, if you ask.

• There's tons of tutorials on YouTube.

So I just bought a new Yamaha acoustic guitar yesterday and I've started learning how to play (been wanting to for a long time). Anyone have some advice for beginning guitar?

• Whoooa, wut if their is like.. no end.. just mor.. space :worried:

'Cos therez, like, nuthin' fer the light to reflect off of...???

• :worried: how would they procreate if they don't have weiners...?

Melton23 posted: »

Idk, why don’t plants have dicks if they are alive, just the way shit is ?

• (In memory of Laura)

Whoooa, wut if their is like.. no end.. just mor.. space

• trippyyy lol

Johro posted: »

(In memory of Laura)

• edited January 2018

Pollination???

Idk, I’m not a botanist, leave me alone ??
    Not gonna lie, there’s some quality discussion going on right now

how would they procreate if they don't have weiners...?

• Flowers are reproductive organs.

Idk, why don’t plants have dicks if they are alive, just the way shit is ?

• I feel like I’m getting too old for this forum.

• edited January 2018

When you try to get out of bed quickly, but your arm is numb.

• I actually got myself a new guitar last week. It's a Yamaha FS800. I plan to get lessons from my dad, as he's been doing guitar for the past 10 years. I kinda got the memo about my fingers becoming sore, haha. They were red when I woke up this morning.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Few tips * As soon as you can strum a couple chords, spend some time learning to play on a beat. Use toe-tapping or a metronome and st

• Let’s see. Waddawe got here, waddawe got here. Another pilot from Cartoon Network? Neat!

Really enjoyed the pilot for Tiggle Winks. I like the silly art style, the animation’s nice and smooth and the cat is absolutely adorable! I also enjoyed the dialogue and the randomness of it as well as the voice acting. If it does get green lit into an animated series I really hope it doesn’t go too overboard with its silliness and slapstick humour though. Hopefully they balance it out well enough.

• hehehe

Pollination??? Idk, I’m not a botanist, leave me alone ?? Not gonna lie, there’s some quality discussion going on right now

• But have you seen the Disney discussion on here tho? Lot of activity going on in there lol.

J-Master posted: »

I feel like I’m getting too old for this forum.

• Just to brighten up your day. This is adorable.

• The Ugandan knuckles one is adorable

AChicken posted: »

Just to brighten up your day. This is adorable.

• PSA: When cutting down trees, pay attention to the top because it will break off, and while you are looking at something else like an idiot, a giant fucking log will slap your shit, seemingly out of nowhere.

• Yikes! How hard did you get it (and how big was the log)?

PSA: When cutting down trees, pay attention to the top because it will break off, and while you are looking at something else like an idiot, a giant fucking log will slap your shit, seemingly out of nowhere.

• It's probably all skill based when it comes to that video. Depending on your skill level the game either gets tougher or easier with each cycle.

AronDracula posted: »

Watching this video makes me think it gets easier, seeing how fast the enemies and bosses lose their health.

• edited January 2018

Haven't been hit that hard since I played Football, but I'm fine. It could've been worse. Can't remember exactly how big it was, but it was decent sized. Not a dresser, but far from just a drore, you know?

Yikes! How hard did you get it (and how big was the log)?

• Hey, I just got around to watching Black Mirror. You recommended it to me a while back, and I've got to say that was maybe the best TV show recommendation anyone's given me.

I just finished the first season. I absolutely loved episode 2: "15 Million Merits". It was heartbreaking. At first I thought I was disappointed in the ending, but after thinking about it, that was probably the best way for it to end.

I didn't enjoy episode 3 as much. I found the concept of episode 1 very interesting, although it made me feel sick. Anyway, I can PM you if you want.

What episodes have you watched already? I'm a huge fan of Black Mirror, recently finished the last season, I'd gladly discuss it with you

• edited January 2018

We could cut the sleeves off our shirts and jam to some Van Hagar.

...I'm not really joking. Love the Red Rocker.

J-Master posted: »

I feel like I’m getting too old for this forum.

• "15 million merits" is also one of my favourites. Bing's speech was amazing. And I really aprecciate a fresh view on dystopia. I feel like most of modern TV shows don't touch this subject.

Have you only watched Season 1 yet?

Acheive250 posted: »

Hey, I just got around to watching Black Mirror. You recommended it to me a while back, and I've got to say that was maybe the best TV show

• So after a while, I decided to check the forums to see what is going on and the first thing I see is the entirely new comment section layout that I'll basically get used to after a while.

• No you won't. It's been like this for a few months now and I'm still not use to it.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

So after a while, I decided to check the forums to see what is going on and the first thing I see is the entirely new comment section layout that I'll basically get used to after a while.

• I mean probably not, cause I barely use the forums anymore, honestly. Who knows, though, I get used to things pretty fast, no matter what it is.

No you won't. It's been like this for a few months now and I'm still not use to it.

• edited January 2018

Well, they're making another shooter set in the Alien universe.

The bad news: Announced(so 3-5 years from now). It will be made by a new developer working with a new studio.

The good news: Since it's a developer that has yet to release a (non-mobile)game, they won't have a hidden agenda about it.

• Yeah, I’ve only seen season one.

And yes, Bing’s speech was absolutely amazing.

Get ready, rant starting...

Something that I really loved about the speech was that what he said was just as relevant to the real world and most of our lives as it was to the story of the episode.

Something that I was thinking as I was watching this episode was that this is probably the only show that could convey the concept of this episode in a truely depressing and heartbreaking way. If any other show tried this it’d probably seem too silly to be taken seriously.

What was happening in the episode was very much what is already happening in our world. I really like stories that take a current but kind-of hidden problem in or world and push it to extremes to open our eyes about it.

SPOLER ALERT!

When Bing was making the speech, I was thinking that this would spark a sort of revolution, everyone would come together to break out of the system they’re all trapped in. That they would get Abbi out... So when the credits first started rollin I felt fairly disappointed. But then, thinking about it, I don’t think there’s a better ending for it. This ending shows that there is no escape. They were supposedly meant to win the contest to escape, but even after Bing ‘escaped’ he was still forced to live in a box. Repeating the same things day after day for the rest of his life.

Okay, I’m stopping here. Sorry about that. RANT OVER

"15 million merits" is also one of my favourites. Bing's speech was amazing. And I really aprecciate a fresh view on dystopia. I feel like most of modern TV shows don't touch this subject. Have you only watched Season 1 yet?

• A shooter? Would a slow, horror game like Isolation not work better?

Well, they're making another shooter set in the Alien universe. The bad news: Announced(so 3-5 years from now). It will be made by a ne

• They'll keep going back to shooters as long as the market is good. As good as Isolation was, the sales didn't reflect that. It's an established IP that had a couple successful shooters and has inspired some of the best that have ever been made. It's prime for sales, they just need to make it as good as the others have been. If they can tap that CoD/Battlefield market, it will already have a great chance at being the best selling game of the year.

Acheive250 posted: »

A shooter? Would a slow, horror game like Isolation not work better?

• I want it to be something like the FEAR trilogy. I heard it's a scary FPS franchise.

Well, they're making another shooter set in the Alien universe. The bad news: Announced(so 3-5 years from now). It will be made by a ne

• I'll be perfectly honest here.
    I'm a little weary of the obsession with female characters in Telltale games on this forum.

• What, that's nonsense. When has this forum ever obsessed over female characters...other than Avesta, Catwoman, Harley, Petra, Clementine, Kate, Eleanor, Jane, Carley, Lilly, Christa, Snow White, Sasha, Fiona, Gwen, Talia, Vicki Vale, and Bloody Mary. You're being ridiculous.

I'll be perfectly honest here. I'm a little weary of the obsession with female characters in Telltale games on this forum.

• You're right. I forgot that John, Bigby AND Lee have all had fair sized followings. Whew. Glad I was just being delusional.

• Another day, another unhealthy and quick lunch

• After the backlash of Star Wars Battlefront 2 Microtransactions and Loot Boxes, Konami still thinks it's a good idea to add microtransactions in Metal Gear Survive. God, I hope that game flops.

• I'm not surprised. I don't think they'll stop testing the waters for quite a while. Mega-publishers may understand the industry and answer to investors/board members, but they mostly do not understand the various fanbases each genre has. The one thing we, as fans, learned from the B2 debacle is how out of touch the higher ups actually are. They really couldn't understand how one genre of games is okay with MTs and how another considers it sacrilegious. EA apologized, but you could tell that they really didn't understand. I guarantee EA is not alone.

There will be a growing period. Look at multiplayer and DLC. Both of those went through serious growing pains. For a period of time, most AAA titles had these(not at the same time, mind you), and it took experimenting before they realised that certain types of games are ripe for certain additions and some aren't. We just have to continue to put our feet down at where the line should be.

AronDracula posted: »

After the backlash of Star Wars Battlefront 2 Microtransactions and Loot Boxes, Konami still thinks it's a good idea to add microtransactions in Metal Gear Survive. God, I hope that game flops.

• I've come to believe that since games are getting far more expensive than they were say, 10 years ago with all these improved features and celebrity actors is that publishing companies see microtransactions as a way to ensure profit stays up, against the actual developer's opinions. Maybe the AAA $60 game just isn't profitable enough for some executives anymore, and DLC is a way get some more cash. It's a shame. I'm sure we're going to get to a future where AAA games are more expensive just in general, maybe $65. And to be honest, I think that's more preferable to ludicrous microtransactions (cosmetic stuff is fine, I guess). Of course, this is just my thesis.

I'm not surprised. I don't think they'll stop testing the waters for quite a while. Mega-publishers may understand the industry and answer

• I'm sure we're going to get to a future where AAA games are more expensive just in general, maybe $65.

When I was a young teen, console games were about $50-$100 and this was in the early 90's. Maybe games do need to increase in price. That cost, plus inflation wont happen because people could only afford 2-3 games a year then and there are 100 times more purchase choices. Nobody liked it, but it's better then how things are going now. Currently, "complete" games cost about $70-$80. It could be time that becomes the norm. If an $80-$100 price tag is what it takes to keep the Battlefronts and Mass Effects "pure", perhaps it's a pill we swallow.

I've come to believe that since games are getting far more expensive than they were say, 10 years ago with all these improved features and c

Sign in to comment in this discussion.