Rhys or Jesse? Which Was The Better "Underdog Protagonist?"

edited February 2018 in General Chat

They're both underdogs who worked their way up from being ordinary people to adventurers, who do you think was the better protagonist?

STRAWPOLL HERE

http://www.strawpoll.me/15011343

Comments

• Without fucking question Rhys.

• I gotta say Rhys. I can’t really call Jesse an underdog. He/she was an underdog at Episode 1 Season 1 but by Episode 4, she/he has become an influential figure and well known hero and he/she remained so in Season 2.

Whereas Rhys stayed as an underdog during the whole story. Even when he became a CEO, he never lost that underdog characteristic.

• Rhys without a doubt. Despite being an employee of an oppressive and warmongering corporation, he was about as goofy and lovable as any underdog protagonist.

• Of course Rhys. This is an unfair comparision.

• edited February 2018

Jesse doesn't even compare to Rhys. Like, at all.

Jesse has basically no character. Jesse is meant to be the player, so Jesse was designed to have any kind of personality, really. But Rhys is his own character with his own views and opinions, and the player is just guiding him.

• Is this even a question?

• Rhys wins hands down for me. First he has a great sounding voice (It's Troy Baker come on) but he's also a well rounded character. You get to be an asshole or you get to be the good guy. He has great sarcastic remarks/humour and is generally well written character. Jessie and the Microsoft game no just cant get into sorry.

• Agreed, love his character. #RhysIsTheUnderdogProtagonistForTheWin o:)

J-Master posted: »

Rhys without a doubt. Despite being an employee of an oppressive and warmongering corporation, he was about as goofy and lovable as any underdog protagonist.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.