The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I finished watching the first season of Stranger Things. It's such a great show. Can't wait to watch season 2!

• I wonder if we can talk about Mythology on here?

• I finished watching the first season of Stranger Things. It's such a great show. Can't wait to watch season 2

I watched the whole season one a long time ago, and watched the first ep of season 2, but I almost slept watching this episode, I stopped watching the series, lost the interest. I know my opinion is really unpopular because everyone loves Stranger things, the first season was really good, but the second season is boring, especially that girl, Max, such an annoying character. (MY OPINION)

• edited February 2018

I can see it having it's moments. I pretty much only play for the laughs, too. The pizza game was funny for me because most the other employees were just trolls throwing pizzas in the floor and setting the place on fire by shoving themselves in the ovens. I kept having to clean up after them and telling the manager to fire them (ban them). And trying to work the supply delivery is glitchy as shit :lol:.

There's also another game called Lost in the Jurassic. If you know how to glitch the game, you can ride a T-rex and have it kill other players by walking over them. :joy:
    I don't know how you can top that

Woah, here's my comment, finally :joy:

Melton23 posted: »

Was playing this role playing game where I was fighting someone and none of us would accept the terms and die. Remember being a kid and play

• Game company Hangar 13 just laid off a large percentage of their staff.
    https://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-hit-mafia-iii-developer-hangar-13-1823047167

• edited February 2018

The reason I want to talk about Mythology is this reason right here. I want to know if Hollywood can do a Medusa movie? Like why not?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2018

Mythology talk should be fine; I don't see anything about that being controversial.

(I actually did answer your wall post yesterday, but I think you missed it)

strwar3 posted: »

The reason I want to talk about Mythology is this reason right here. I want to know if Hollywood can do a Medusa movie? Like why not?

• OK thanks but still what's your opinion on a Medusa movie? She is misunderstood and if I remember from watching a YouTube channel about her. She was beautiful and she was raped by Poseidon and cursed by Athena. I kinda felt that if Disney(I don't want Disney idiotic hands on this cause you know? Disney!)can make Maleficent where she was misunderstood(I think cause I watched Sleeping Beauty I remember she was a villain)and made her a hero and rewrite history in that universe.

So I would be down with it.

Mythology talk should be fine; I don't see anything about that being controversial. (I actually did answer your wall post yesterday, but I think you missed it)

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2018

I don't really have any strong opinions either way. I mean, I guess it would break up the monotony of Marvel and Star Wars dominating the theaters.

OK thanks but still what's your opinion on a Medusa movie? She is misunderstood and if I remember from watching a YouTube channel about her.

• edited February 2018

Well I'm pretty sure Hollywood do it and I want to know if others think the same.

• *******HELP******
    Hi Guys, I'm just looking for help with deciding if this is worth the money for my children to play!

So, my 8 year old niece has been asking for a while about getting Minecraft. We bough her the $7 app on the Google play store but she said there isn't much for her to do. I know nothing about it, I was a WoW player for a while and currently play LoL but this is totally different and doesn't appeal to me. I'm not sure if she will like it once she realizes what it is, I don't want to spend $30 on basic Minecraft until I fully understand what I'm getting into. If someone ends up actually reading this and replying to me I have a few questions and would love any feedback that you feel I should know "player to player" ;)
    -Is the community trash?
    -What is the "Togetherness" thing about?
    -Is it mainly just building your own shit with tiny squares?
    -Is there something with a questline?
    -What is appealing to you about playing Minecraft?
    -Can it be played on multiple devices?

---------------------------------------I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this and reply,
    -Nub.

• -Is it mainly just building your own shit with tiny squares?

Yes most, but you also fight different monsters, create your own farm to grow food and take care of animals. You also make different things like tools, food and more, and do a lot of other stuff. Basically you try to survive.

-Is there something with a questline?

No. But you can kinda do your own quest like, going to fight the ender dragon, or a quest to find diamonds. It's more of a using your imagination thing.

-What is appealing to you about playing Minecraft?

I guess the ability to create your own world is the appealing part to me.

That's all the help I can give you, hope it helps.

NubPwner posted: »

*******HELP****** Hi Guys, I'm just looking for help with deciding if this is worth the money for my children to play! So, my 8 year old

• Yeah, that's depressing. I didn't like Mafia III either, but this still sucks. Like with the Telltale layoffs, they are getting support to find new jobs though. So, that's promising.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Game company Hangar 13 just laid off a large percentage of their staff. https://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-hit-mafia-iii-developer-hangar-13-1823047167

• So. How is everyone?

• edited February 2018

This just in!

Shirtless Tonga guy from the last two Olympic games finished his event, Men's 15km Free Ski. He didn't even finish last! Third last by time, fifth last overall.

Take that, you two guys whom finished behind him. You trained how long to be beaten by shirtless Tonga guy?

Seriously, congratulations and great effort, Pita Taufatofua.

• I didn’t like Mafia III

Lol it was yours and a couple other peoples recommendations that got me to buy it :p

Johro posted: »

Yeah, that's depressing. I didn't like Mafia III either, but this still sucks. Like with the Telltale layoffs, they are getting support to find new jobs though. So, that's promising.

• I really liked the first few hours... then the story and gameplay let me down. The story just wasn't as strong at drawing you in like the previous two games. It didn't feel like a Mafia game after a while. Sorry :p

lupinb0y posted: »

I didn’t like Mafia III Lol it was yours and a couple other peoples recommendations that got me to buy it

• edited February 2018

I apologise to the people of the forum for how I've behaved the last two weeks. Must be annoying as hell.

Basically all I've done is complain and vent. It's just a phase, I'll get over it.

• You're venting in the appropriate thread and you're doing so in a respectful matter. You're not going around posting on every topic saying "AAhh woe is me!!" and calling everyone names and acting like "Oh, you're having a good day? Well I never have a [insert swear word of preference here] good day so I'm'na make your day hell [insert derogatory name here]!"

In my opinion, there's nothing you need to apologize for. I don't think anyone should expect anyone to be peachy and optimistic about life every day, 'cause let's face it, life can be hard,

Acheive250 posted: »

I apologise to the people of the forum for how I've behaved the last two weeks. Must be annoying as hell. Basically all I've done is complain and vent. It's just a phase, I'll get over it.

• It's fine. I haven't been in the greatest place lately either. Life can be a real kick in the pants.

Acheive250 posted: »

I apologise to the people of the forum for how I've behaved the last two weeks. Must be annoying as hell. Basically all I've done is complain and vent. It's just a phase, I'll get over it.

• Minecraft is basically a sandbox game where you make anything you want. There are two main modes: creative and survival.

In creative mode, you have unlimited access to all of the building materials so you can create anything unrestricted.

In survival mode, you have to 'mine' for resources to be able to 'craft' with them. For example: if you want to build house made of wood, you'll have to first find and collect the wood by breaking a tree. You also have a health and hunger meter and there are monsters that come out at night so you have to work on building a house for protection, growing a farm for food & resources, building weapons for defense etc.

It can be very educational too, some things you can learn from Minecraft include (but is not limited to): managing resources, problem-solving, maths, even literacy.

At the same time though, some kids just like to line up villages with TNT's and blow them up or pour lava onto pigs and watch them burn. That sounds really awful, but it's very cartoony and there is no blood. But if they spend a majority of their time exploring worlds and creating cities then I'd say they're still learning.

With the PC version, there are lots of third-party mods available for it, so that gives the game even more replayability. But like with anything you download from the internet, they have the potential to be inappropriate for children or infect your PC with malware etc. so you should probably watch over that.

I can't say how the online community is like though as I've only played console editions of Minecraft where you need to be friends with people before you can play with them (hint: no friends). You might want to keep on eye on them, as like with any online community, there can be some real creeps and bullies lurking around.

I guess the best question to ask yourself is: Are your children, or your niece, very creative? Do they like drawing, making crafts, singing, making stories, role-playing, playing with LEGO etc.? If so, then they would most likely really enjoy Minecraft.

I speak only from my experience with the console editions, I've never played the PC version, but I would expect it to be quite similar.

Results may vary. Batteries not included. Please consult your doctor before taking any advice. Terms and conditions may apply.

*******HELP****** Hi Guys, I'm just looking for help with deciding if this is worth the money for my children to play! So, my 8 year old

• i see no reason to not get minecraft im 21 and enjoy it i got the ps3 ps4 and vita editions the community can be trolls and basic idiots but there are good people who play like any other game you can play on your own or with friends its not all abou building stuff its also about surviving by gathering food and trading with villagers amd other players there is sort of a questline to defeat the enderdragon but you could also make your own quests if you wanted to i find it appealing because ots a game that you can play how you want and can be relaxing

• Finally caught up with and finished The Good Place. Goddammit I love this show. IT’S SO FUCKING GOOD.

• Lol. I was using a TTS reader in fast mode when it read the last part. :lol:

Minecraft is basically a sandbox game where you make anything you want. There are two main modes: creative and survival. In creative mode

• i try not to give him attention or talk about how bad he is publicly anymore. him and his brother are just not people i want to associate with or talk about anymore. it's just not worth the anger if they're gonna keep doing it and getting away with it honestly.

Melton23 posted: »

I hate Jake Paul. Does anybody else hate Jake Paul? I just want him to fall over and break his toe, I swear. Uugghhh

• I bet they could pull it off if they got a good writer and a good fantasy director, so long as the story remains historically accurate to what actually happened in the stories about her. Although this is Hollywood so the chances of them doing a well made and respectful movie about anything in mythology is really fucking low.

• edited February 2018

I feel like Medusa is wayyyy misunderstood and hey why not rewrite history about her? Like what if someone saves her before that(I can't remember who it was who try to cut her head off)that warrior trys to kill her.

Like if Hollywood could rewrite history of Maleficent? Then why not this one? I mean there's videos on Mythology on YouTube and I really like it. I feel Medusa is a victim not a monster.

Like I see her has defending herself from people trying to hurt her.

I bet they could pull it off if they got a good writer and a good fantasy director, so long as the story remains historically accurate to wh

• Btw? Hades is total badass in Mythology. I like him!

• So it's been confirmed that Zack Snyder was actually fired from directing Justice League movie, he didn't step away because of his daughter's death.

• He lost his daughter? Poor guy.

AronDracula posted: »

So it's been confirmed that Zack Snyder was actually fired from directing Justice League movie, he didn't step away because of his daughter's death.

• Yeah, regardless of the movies he directed like Batman V Superman, he didn't deserve to see his daughter commit suicide. It's so fucked up.

DabigRG posted: »

He lost his daughter? Poor guy.

• I don't see why him making a subpar movie needs to be mentioned alongside his daughter's suicide but you're right that he never deserved to have that happen to him.

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, regardless of the movies he directed like Batman V Superman, he didn't deserve to see his daughter commit suicide. It's so fucked up.

• where's all the F17 hype at? am i missing something?

• F17 is a dead meme I guess

hemfbg posted: »

where's all the F17 hype at? am i missing something?

• Black Panther is easily one of the best MCU films out there. Great cast, interesting world, cool action, and just lots of fun. Highly recommend.

• Dude, the F17 hype doesn't start until F17.

Prepare for threads in its honour later today.

hemfbg posted: »

where's all the F17 hype at? am i missing something?

• edited February 2018

I've heard from some great writers that it's really good. It's great for the culture dynamic it portrays(*circles the rule*). I don't watch superhero movies anymore, but it sounds like I should watch it.

J-Master posted: »

Black Panther is easily one of the best MCU films out there. Great cast, interesting world, cool action, and just lots of fun. Highly recommend.

• I don’t think it’s a classic but it’s solid for what it is.

Johro posted: »

I've heard from some great writers that it's really good. It's great for the culture dynamic it portrays(*circles the rule*). I don't watch superhero movies anymore, but it sounds like I should watch it.

• edited February 2018

Looks like I'm going to have to play Speed Dating For Ghosts because of Ben Gelinas. Have to support your own! Sounds interesting. We'll see how this goes.

Edit: I completed one play-through with one date. It's a game of straight dialogue trees(not surprising for a game made by a writer)... about mostly death(humourous and serious). It's a fun cute little game. I approve.

• it is f17 where i live tho

I thought the forum would be ablaze with hype, but I suppose now that TWAU S2 is confirmed we have no reason to become irrationally excited (and later on, extremely disappointed).

AChicken posted: »

Dude, the F17 hype doesn't start until F17. Prepare for threads in its honour later today.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.