The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Did you keep the burger or take a picture as evidence?

It’s my first night back at college, and I go to get dinner at my school’s student center. Now the food at my school isn’t great to begin wi

• Me when I go on Facebook and see grown men talking shit about an 11 year old girl for being able to box.

• Oh god...

What movie was it?

Melton23 posted: »

Was just watching a movie and during a sex scene I saw the camera man in the mirror. Yay. Continuity. I’m dead inside

• I kept it and plan on showing it to them.

lupinb0y posted: »

Did you keep the burger or take a picture as evidence?

• edited March 2018

Apparently someone tried to log into my Google account and now I'm pretty fucking scared about it. I changed my passsword and made this 2-Step Verification, but I'm still concerned about my data. I scanned my computer with the antivirus twice, but it didn't find anything. I have no idea what to do. Should I delete my google account or change my Email adress and delete the old one?

• You've done plenty. People "try" things all the time. That doesn't mean they got in and did or saw anything. It was probably an automatic scanner trying simple ways to access an account (like if someone chose "password" for their password), and if the simple ways didn't work, it just went on to the next account.

bruzdaa posted: »

Apparently someone tried to log into my Google account and now I'm pretty fucking scared about it. I changed my passsword and made this 2-St

• Me when my friend is telling me about another friends sex life.

• You ever seen birdemic 2? That one

Acheive250 posted: »

Oh god... What movie was it?

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited March 2018

ENROLL IN COLLEGE! We've got...

Insanely high tuition!

Underpaid adjuncts instead of professors!

Diarrhea Roulette at the cafe!

It’s my first night back at college, and I go to get dinner at my school’s student center. Now the food at my school isn’t great to begin wi

• the real question is why were you watching birdemic 2 in the first place

Melton23 posted: »

You ever seen birdemic 2? That one

• To have some giggles

the real question is why were you watching birdemic 2 in the first place

• JUST HANGING OUT!

HANGING OUT!

HANGING OUT WITH THE FAMILY!

HAVING OURSELVES A PAAAARTAY!

~clap~

the real question is why were you watching birdemic 2 in the first place

• edited March 2018

We've also approved the construction of a several million dollar new dining hall AND residence hall that you will never get to use since you will long be graduated by the time they start construction. We decided to do that instead of using it on improving the quality of the food, fixing other services that we have cut back on, and other areas that would greatly impact the educational experience of our students.

By the way, this actually was just approved by my school. Needless to say that when this was announced, a lot of people were not very happy, saying the money should go to improving the quality of the food, not just relocating the shitty food to a new building. And besides, the current building it's in is fine, it's one of the best buildings on campus.

Diarrhea roulette is hilarious though, major props to you on that.

BigBlindMax posted: »

ENROLL IN COLLEGE! We've got... Insanely high tuition! Underpaid adjuncts instead of professors! Diarrhea Roulette at the cafe!

• i've done nothing but watch that 70s show and go to work for 5 days straight somebody help me

• edited March 2018

Heard that one of my "friends" called me a dickhead and said that he didn't want to talk to me anymore...

THANK FUCK FOR THAT.

HOLY SHIT this motherfucker is a toxic 21 year old man child that I've been meaning to cut off from my life like a malignant tumour. He just helped me finish the job!

I'm FRRREEEEEEEEE!

• edited March 2018

So apparently Drew Karpyshyn leave Bioware again (rip Star wars : The Old Republic) and he's working on an episodic game,i don't know what to think about that..
    "He will now work with the new Fogbank Entertainment studio owned by FoxNext Games".

• edited March 2018

Well, that's a relief. I can honestly say that this situation was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. Once again thank you for calming me down.

WarpSpeed posted: »

You've done plenty. People "try" things all the time. That doesn't mean they got in and did or saw anything. It was probably an automatic

• I accidentally watched the entire second season of One Day at a Time without watching the first season.

FUCK.

• Why People Stopped Watching The Walking Dead I kinda saw this on Looper(A YouTube channel)and they put what I feel and said a few months ago that I knew that The Walking Dead on AMC was losing viewers and I kinda feel why I think Telltale is doing a Final Season The Walking Dead A Telltale Series. Because I think they read writing on the wall and I feel like that's what is happening.

I kinda felt tune out after Season 7 and I haven't watched the series since then.

• edited March 2018

Typo

• You know, I watched those Stephen Hawking-Jackass memes to make me feel better. They worked. Thanks for showing us the power of perseverance man. I'll always love your Simpsons appearances and hearing your voice.

• I miss Stephen Hawking!! ????? A great mind of humanity!

You know, I watched those Stephen Hawking-Jackass memes to make me feel better. They worked. Thanks for showing us the power of perseverance man. I'll always love your Simpsons appearances and hearing your voice.

• Doing a bit better, so I think I'm back.
    Man, it's been a very long time since I've been so far gone.

• Isn't there a word, or a phrase that describes when a person asks a question disguised as a statement?

• A rhetorical question?

PHub07 posted: »

Isn't there a word, or a phrase that describes when a person asks a question disguised as a statement?

• For anyone who is interested in a horror themed visual novel, I would recommend looking into Shin Hayarigami:

It is thanks to YouTuber GG Gab that I had discovered the visual novel, and now that there is an official English release on iOS/Android, I've considered purchasing it.

So far the translation seems reasonable enough, though will a few oddities every now and then, which should hopefully be patched in the future.

• Nah that isn't it. Lol maybe there isn't a name for it. Can't really phrase it good enough to google it either. This is annoying.

I would say its mostly something nosey or rude to do. Its a form of manipulation by getting you to provide the person making a statement with information they would also get by asking a question. They wouldn't directly ask the question because it might seem weird or rude though so instead purposely try to get you to give it up without "technically asking". Wow love how that suddenly makes no sense even though its really not that complicated...

Just a simple example would be. Walking up to someone and being like oh hell yeah I got an A+! The idea being you hope they then answer with what they got. That example isn't rude but its the same logic.

A rhetorical question?

• Based off this site, it's delivery makes it a Declarative Sentence, but it's intention is of a Indirect Question.

I would call it an Declarative Indirect Questioning Statement

Or DIQS for short. (LOL)

Wikipedia says that it's a type of Indirect Speech act.

PHub07 posted: »

Nah that isn't it. Lol maybe there isn't a name for it. Can't really phrase it good enough to google it either. This is annoying. I would

• Or DIQS for short. (LOL)

Yeah, don't say that out loud.

Based off this site, it's delivery makes it a Declarative Sentence, but it's intention is of a Indirect Question. I would call it an Decl

• Actually, "Declarative" and "Statement" are kind of redundant (which should actually be "sentence", I just thought it sounded weird), So the D doesn't have to be there to get the same thing. Crisis averted, in that sense.

Acheive250 posted: »

Or DIQS for short. (LOL) Yeah, don't say that out loud.

• For any fellow Sonic Mania fans here, Sega just announced a Sonic Mania Plus add-on, with new playable characters from an obscure retro Sonic spinoff title. I'm stoked to see what they do with the new content.

• edited March 2018

How up are you on your Canadiana?

Mickey, 2-4, 60.

Canadians know what I'm talking about.

I, also, didn't realise just how boring I am before Instagram. This revelation is actually almost a year old now, but revisiting, I posted a few things my first week, then found out I just do the same shit in the same places over and over. It's been pretty barren since.

• The entire University of Virginia men’s basketball team and the coaching staff should be expelled/fired.

I mean my gosh UMBC is just kicking their ass. 16 seed against #1!

• edited March 2018

1st time in history a 16 seed best the 1 seed. I’m not even a college sports fan, but that’s still exciting. On a side note, I’m pretty sure everyone’s bracket just got fucked tonight.

The entire University of Virginia men’s basketball team and the coaching staff should be expelled/fired. I mean my gosh UMBC is just kicking their ass. 16 seed against #1!

• How do you make your text smaller?

• edited March 2018

<small> Text here </small> could do it

But look at the color

<font size = 2> Text here </font> should get you a size difference.

But setting size to one (or zero) gets you smallest size

You could get even smaller words a few months ago, but that's been patched :'(

How do you make your text smaller?

• Hope all of you guys are having a nice St. Patrick's Day. I certainly am, woke up at about 11:30 AM in true spirit of the holiday.

• Oh
    cool!
    Thank
    you
    very
    much.
    Cool.
    You
    are
    cool.
    COOL.

(Okay. Am I spelling "cool" right? I've seen it so much that it looks weird now.)

Text here could do it But look at the color Text here sho

• edited March 2018

My vacation coincides with spring break... but I'm not doing anything

Are we having fun yet?

• okay so the new episode of dragon ball super was fuckin nutso and god tier nice job naoki tate you supervise a good animation team.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.