The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Thank you for mentioning that. Even though it was for a different region to mine, therefore a different sale, it made me decide to walk-down to my local PlayStation Store, say "Hi" to my favorite sales clerk (to which they don't reply back but I'm cool with that, they're probably just shy), and check out what sales they have on at the moment.

I noticed that TWAU is on sale and I'm seriously contemplating buying it. I'll have to wait until I'm at someone's house who would also be kind enough to let me use their internet to download it though, but I can live with the knowledge that I own-- err, well, are licensed to play this game!

Why have I made this post so unnecessarily long and tedious?! :(

Okay, here's the short version: Oh yah thanks for mentioning it imma think of buying TWAU maybe idk who cares rlly lol

AChicken posted: »

Playstation Store has a Telltale Sale. From Strong Bad to Batman TEW, it's on sale...

• Why have I made this post so unnecessarily long and tedious?! :(

yOuR pOsT iS nOt TeDiOuS iS aMaZiNg

• Aw, really? That's a shame. It's one of my favorite films of all time, I think it's brilliant. I'm genuinely really sorry you had such an "okay" experience with the film, but I understand your POV.

AronDracula posted: »

Because of Dead Space games, I watched John Carpenter's The Thing. I was expecting some great horror since many consider it to be one of the best Sci-Fi horror movies but it turned to be just an okay movie in my point of view.

• I might be one of the weirdest people in the world cause I don't love a lot of movies people are considering masterpieces like The Dark Knight trilogy, The Shining, Alien (Loved Aliens more), Jaws, Forrest Gump etc.

Aw, really? That's a shame. It's one of my favorite films of all time, I think it's brilliant. I'm genuinely really sorry you had such an "okay" experience with the film, but I understand your POV.

• Nah, you're not weird. I know how you feel. I prefer Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time despite the overwhelming majority loving OoT more. I think it's just a personal preferences thing you know?

I might be one of the weirdest people in the world cause I don't love a lot of movies people are considering masterpieces like The Dark Knight trilogy, The Shining, Alien (Loved Aliens more), Jaws, Forrest Gump etc.

• Do it.

Do it.

Thank you for mentioning that. Even though it was for a different region to mine, therefore a different sale, it made me decide to walk-down

• edited April 2018

^
    What this guy said. For real.
    If you haven't played TWAU, you haven't played Telltale's most badass game.
    EDIT: Oh wait wait wait, I just realised you haven't played very many Telltale games at all. Sorry for seeming a bit rude then. No worries if you haven't played it, or any of them for that matter. But seriously you should. At least for this one.

@Psychokinesis

Acheive250 posted: »

Do it. Do it.

• Ha haa never!!

WarpSpeed posted: »

Tired of pizza?

• I'm still really ill.
    My girlfriend made me play games with her a couple times, but other than that, I haven't even been gaming. Just lying around, feeling awful. Not fishing for sympathy, I just wanted to say something and don't have anything else to mention.

• What? Oh, I didn't think you were rude. I'll be purchasing TWAU then...

I've (pretty much) played Mc:SM S1 (including Adventure DLC), TWD Seasons 1 & 2 (+400 Days DLC). I've played Ep1 of TftB, GoT and I think BttF:TG. I've watched someone play a couple of episodes of ANF and TftB. Does that count as many or not? I don't know. It doesn't feel like it to me, especially since I can't remember it all that well. So much has happened since I played those games, it's all a blurry mess.

AChicken posted: »

^ What this guy said. For real. If you haven't played TWAU, you haven't played Telltale's most badass game. EDIT: Oh wait wait wait, I j

• Okay guy, imma do what you said. For real.

Acheive250 posted: »

Do it. Do it.

• I actually can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious...? Or seriously sarcastic? (Or none of those things?)

MegaXD posted: »

Why have I made this post so unnecessarily long and tedious?! yOuR pOsT iS nOt TeDiOuS iS aMaZiNg

• Worth seeing a doctor now?

Johro posted: »

I'm still really ill. My girlfriend made me play games with her a couple times, but other than that, I haven't even been gaming. Just lyin

• edited April 2018

SEPTEMBER 7TH, 2018

• Webs attach to buildings. (whoa)
    • Alternate costumes. (suits unlock new abilities confirmed)
    • No microtransactions.
    • Gadget wheel.
    • Game spans a couple of weeks.
    • Fast travel using the subway.
    • Playable Mary Jane. (how the hell is this gonna work)
    • Crafting system.
    • Photo mode.

I think I got all the important stuff.
    Edit: This released an hour ago as well:

• pretty sure I'm wasting my time by being in these forums, and I feel like giving up, but I'm trying to hold onto my strength because other people need it.

• edited April 2018

How so?
    Wasting your time with what?

• Because of the news Insomniac gave us this week about Spider-Man PS4, it made me download Spider-Man Web of Shadows in my PC. It works but the dialogue audio is fucked up. How come it isn't on Steam?

• There's some problem with Marvel properties and Steam. Most games never get there. It took forever(okay, 10 years) before they finally put Ultimate Alliance on Steam and that ended up being a terrible port version instead of the original PC version. Very few Marvel games get Steam releases.

Because of the news Insomniac gave us this week about Spider-Man PS4, it made me download Spider-Man Web of Shadows in my PC. It works but the dialogue audio is fucked up. How come it isn't on Steam?

• Now that gives me another reason why the new Spider-Man is exclusive to PS4.

There's some problem with Marvel properties and Steam. Most games never get there. It took forever(okay, 10 years) before they finally put

• Holy shit guys it's happening.

• i DoN't KnOw BuT i LoVe WrItInG lIkE tHiS

I actually can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious...? Or seriously sarcastic? (Or none of those things?)

• Man, I hate the fact that it's going to be released in September, I wanted to get it before I move to college. I'm soo on fire.

Webs attach to buildings. (whoa)

Which is definitely good news cause other than Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man, there are no other games that have web swinging attached to buildings.

Alternate costumes. (suits unlock new abilities confirmed)

The more content it gets, the better. I hope it will have symbiote suit.

No microtransactions.

Yeah, fuck you, EA.

Fast travel using the subway.

Meh, as long as the swinging is well designed, I could care less about fast travel but it's not a bad idea.

Playable Mary Jane. (how the hell is this gonna work)

She will probably be the most useful Mary Jane of all the Spider-Man universes. We're also going to play as Miles Morales, dunno if as Spider or just human.

Photo mode.

Something like The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 or just use Peter's phone? There is a screenshot which shows Spidey taking a selfie from top of a building.

OMG, I never realized he also played the prince in Prince of Persia SoT, that was one of the best games of my childhood.

SEPTEMBER 7TH, 2018 * Webs attach to buildings. (whoa) * Alternate costumes. (suits unlock new abilities confirmed) * No microtrans

• For those interested, we made a PAX Panel Event Discussion for the Walking Dead Final Season PAX Panel tomorrow.

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/119468/the-walking-dead-the-final-season-pax-event-discussion-thread-links-to-telltale-pax-streams

• It's been a long and agonizing 6 years, but finally, my New Jersey Devils are back in the playoffs. Big win tonight against the Maple Leafs clinches us a spot, now we're just fighting for a higher seed and home ice advantage. Greatly surprised by how well this team played, no one expected them to be this good this fast. Rookies like Nico Hischier have been great, our backup goalie Keith Kinkaid has the most wins among NHL goalies since February, and to top it off, an MVP worthy season from Taylor Hall. Let's go Jersey, time to show everyone who's boss.

• I want the old red and green jerseys back. Hall has indeed had a fantastic second half to the season.
    You're welcome - Edmonton

It's been a long and agonizing 6 years, but finally, my New Jersey Devils are back in the playoffs. Big win tonight against the Maple Leafs

• Oh God no, I hate those red and green jerseys, their current red and black pattern is so much better. But yes, thank you for Hall.

I want the old red and green jerseys back. Hall has indeed had a fantastic second half to the season. You're welcome - Edmonton

• I can see your point. When they wore the throwback versions, they looked pretty ugly. I guess the original version is just "classic" to me. It's what I grew up with Stastny, Lemieux, Daneyko, Muller, Shanahan...

Oh God no, I hate those red and green jerseys, their current red and black pattern is so much better. But yes, thank you for Hall.

• edited April 2018

Most of the spider-man games were on steam at one point they were just all removed after activision's license ran out.

Edit: Sorry wrong quote. I meant this one:

There's some problem with Marvel properties and Steam. Most games never get there. It took forever(okay, 10 years) before they finally put Ultimate Alliance on Steam and that ended up being a terrible port version instead of the original PC version. Very few Marvel games get Steam releases.

I'm still really ill. My girlfriend made me play games with her a couple times, but other than that, I haven't even been gaming. Just lyin

• Why do you feel like giving up?

pretty sure I'm wasting my time by being in these forums, and I feel like giving up, but I'm trying to hold onto my strength because other people need it.

• That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing. Woah, the release date is pretty soon too. I'm... actually... kind of... feeling... excited for this... I think. It's strange.

Y'know what? That reminds me of something: A wise dragon once told me, "Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes."

iFoRias posted: »

Holy shit guys it's happening.

• I recently bought Far Cry 5 and I’m very into it. It’s different from the other games, which I enjoy. The concept and plot is great. I always enjoy any media that involves a cult taking over a town/city. And Joesph Seed is now one of my favorite video game villains of all time. He’s up there with Handsome Jack in my book (who’s one of my favorite villains of all time).

• edited April 2018

For those of you who know of Jackbox Games or any of their classic trivia games...

The Prodigal Son returns this Fall... Finally.

dont ask i dont know. ask these guys instead! :D

• fAiR eNoUgH :D

i DoN't KnOw BuT i LoVe WrItInG lIkE tHiS

• I found a fidget spinner arcade game. Just let that soak in

• edited April 2018

I think this might be the best time to mention this. Surrounding all the critical appraise of Batman's second season I still haven't finished a single episode, namely because it was a timed demo i played but also because the combat system put me off. I know its quite odd to say that especially since the combat is insignificant to the story, but the majority of the action scenes being scripted QTE (from what I've seen) swayed me away. I know ANF did the same thing but its a real crutch for me. I distinctly remember the somewhat amount of freedom I had in Ep1 of TWAU where you fight The Woodsman. The amount of selectables and button prompts succeeded the QTE's of recent games by far, at least for me for a immersive standpoint. Does it improve along the way, or is there a better way to convince me to just stick with it?

• edited April 2018

I’d love to know how Disney went from having one of their first animations being where Mickey Mouse is trying to rape Minnie Mouse to social justice and feminism. I’d genuinely like an answer, please let me know if you can.

• I've heard the Final Season of TWD will have non scripted fights and the zombies will be more dangerous,i miss the different options like in the first season of The Wolf Among Us too.

I hope they bring that back for the second season,until then i'm afraid we just have to stick with it.

I think this might be the best time to mention this. Surrounding all the critical appraise of Batman's second season I still haven't finishe

• where in the hell is Mickey trying to rape Minnie

Melton23 posted: »

I’d love to know how Disney went from having one of their first animations being where Mickey Mouse is trying to rape Minnie Mouse to social justice and feminism. I’d genuinely like an answer, please let me know if you can.

• 4:20 onwards you can see the innuendo. Mickey trying to pin Minnie down against her own will and all that.

where in the hell is Mickey trying to rape Minnie

• Me going into the Walking Dead section after the PAX reveal.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.