The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• As someone whom has worked in a low-income part of my city for over a decade...

...At least it was IN the toilet.

• Yes...

Be the better man. Be extremely kind and respectful when you leave, like "Thank you for everything, may your future be a bright and happy one.".

If they've been trying to make your life miserable when you lived there, this'll piss them off more than actually doing anything wrong.

lupinb0y posted: »

So I moved into my new apartment the other day and I was thinking to myself, "Man, I kinda miss the noise of living in the dorm. It feels so

• edited April 2018

The thing is they're not bad people. They're not trying to make as much noise as possible to rile me up. They're just stupendously oblivious to the fact that other people live in the same building.

EDIT

Nevermind fuck these people I hope the guy who keeps whistling chokes on his damn tongue and the people who keep yelling get smokers voice.

Acheive250 posted: »

Yes... Be the better man. Be extremely kind and respectful when you leave, like "Thank you for everything, may your future be a bright an

• I should rewatch the greatest gangster movie of all time.

Sharktale.

• It’s funny cos that movie reminds me of gta San Andreas. It’s just too gangster

I should rewatch the greatest gangster movie of all time. Sharktale.

• by my luck this has already been posted. Yeah it probably has. Too bad I can't find it.

The Walking Dead section is so big (and 70% of it right now is speculation threads, hate threads, and question threads) so I don't know where to post small news bits like this.

• Is it bad that I’ve started to flirt with those bots on the PS4 that try to take ur credit card information? I actually got one of them to send nudes once.

• ...Not really? As long as you never give them the credit card in question then it just means you're wasting their time, and any amount of time with them is some that isn't used on someone more gullible.

Melton23 posted: »

Is it bad that I’ve started to flirt with those bots on the PS4 that try to take ur credit card information? I actually got one of them to send nudes once.

• Those news with Spider-Man PS4 just keep coming and I'm losing my patience. I want to buy that game ASAP!!!

• Sad thing is that it's news, news, news, all through the month of April.

Once we move into May, no more... not for a while.
    Luckily we've gotten a lot of details of what to expect after so long in radio silence. Doesn't make September feel any closer though.

AronDracula posted: »

Those news with Spider-Man PS4 just keep coming and I'm losing my patience. I want to buy that game ASAP!!!

• Unsure how I feel about the reveal-everything-final-trailer for Jurassic World 2.

So we started this franchise with a genuinely good movie. It was then followed up by two dumb films and then two silly films. I guess it's better now?

While JP2 & JP3 thought they were being good, they were just full of bad decisions and writing. JW & JW2(judging by the trailer) are just movies that a 10 year old fan would think are great, but are ridiculous.

At least they learned from the JP3 backlash... The King doesn't lose.

• I feel like the only one who loved Lost World: Jurassic Park. Sure it has some plot holes like why would people think it would be a good idea to take care of a baby dinosaur, that would definitely piss off its parents, T-Rex drinking water from a pool, nobody notices their friends being killed by raptors behind etc. but It has a lot of memorable moments and it's watchable.

JP3, however, can go fuck itself.

Johro posted: »

Unsure how I feel about the reveal-everything-final-trailer for Jurassic World 2. So we started this franchise with a genuinely good movi

• if she breathe.

she a thot.

Melton23 posted: »

Is it bad that I’ve started to flirt with those bots on the PS4 that try to take ur credit card information? I actually got one of them to send nudes once.

• Serious Sam 4 is confirmed to be in development.

Serious Sam is one of the first games I've played in my life but I never finished it because, believe it or not, it was one of the worst nightmares of my childhood because of the monsters designs, especially that suicidal bomber that screams AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This game is like DOOM but you're supposed to be "serious" about it, know what I mean?

• That's great.
    They're always fun games to kill time with.
    Wait. Looking at the teaser, are they actually going to repeat a game genre?
    We'll see, I guess.

Serious Sam 4 is confirmed to be in development. Serious Sam is one of the first games I've played in my life but I never finished it bec

• Everyone’s going nuts over the new God of War while I’m just sitting here thinking the game looks boring as tar and derivative as fan fiction.

• Don't think it's been shared here yet, but there's this recent piece from Jared Emerson-Johnson about how the Orchestral theme of TFTB was made for the release of Episode 5.

Right over here.

• I love you. IVE BEEN FUCKING SEARCHING FOR YEARS ABOUT ANY TINY DETAIL ABOUT THIS EFFING GAME! Now my heart can ease...thanks really.

Serious Sam 4 is confirmed to be in development. Serious Sam is one of the first games I've played in my life but I never finished it bec

• today I had my physics test and I think I did well, I studied 2 weeks and I'm exhausted. I slept all day and missed my gym class. Now I'm going to have to stay up all night to do an biology and history project.

• edited April 2018

Hope I get this right...

I knew it! You get these awesome animal gifs from /r/aww, don't you?!
    (Not that that's a problem. It's just a great place to get heartwarming stuff.)

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/HBGrPap.gifv

• Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream-- AAAARGH A WATERFALL!! ka-boom

• I had a fainting spell on the early hours of the morning after leaving my bedroom for a few moments.

I was developing hay fever all day with my eyelids still swollen as of now, and had also been getting rashes all around my body because of some kind of allergic reaction to the dust from tearing cardboard boxes. Next thing I knew after getting out of bed in the middle of the night was that I started to burn up badly, and then I felt heavier and heavier until I was lying on the floor unconscious for a few seconds, and then I woke up gasping for air.

Felt a little scary, actually. Never had anything like this happen to me before. I'm just grateful it wasn't a heart attack.

• Yep, I pretty much get all these gifs from /r/aww.

The adorableness must be shared!

AChicken posted: »

Hope I get this right... I knew it! You get these awesome animal gifs from /r/aww, don't you?! (Not that that's a problem. It's just a great place to get heartwarming stuff.)

• Woah, that does sound scary. That must feel awful. I hope it clears up soon.

In my opinion though, it sounds kinda serious to me. Do you have anyone else living with you that can help you, should it get worse?

RichWalk23 posted: »

I had a fainting spell on the early hours of the morning after leaving my bedroom for a few moments. I was developing hay fever all day w

• Time to see a doctor if you haven't already. Don't drive if you think you might faint on the trip.

I had a fainting spell on the early hours of the morning after leaving my bedroom for a few moments. I was developing hay fever all day w

• FIVE DAYS.ONLY FIVE DAYS.

I'm still mad he didn't wake up from the coma (because let's be honest that's fucking stupid)
    but i'm willing to have another season in coma if this good.

• Just finished making a PP presentation regarding the economic impacts of lockouts and strikes on professional sports. What do you think, is Money by Pink Floyd a good fit for background music?

• @Psychokinesis , @WarpSpeed:
    Thank you for your concerns, I'm feeling much better now. I've been to the doctor, and thankfully it was nothing serious. Heart rate and blood pressure are normal, and I haven't felt lightheaded or weak since.

The swelling in my eyelids have also gone down, and the rash around my arms and fingers are not as bad either. I guess my body just got too hot for me to handle after having hay fever, on top of last night being rather warm as well.

• god of war out today and I can’t buy it haha

• edited April 2018

Wow today really sucks Avicii died,and my aunt died,fuck today..

• I'm glad that you're feeling better and that you got it checked out and it wasn't serious. And I appreciate you giving us an update that you didn't die. :)

@Psychokinesis , @WarpSpeed: Thank you for your concerns, I'm feeling much better now. I've been to the doctor, and thankfully it was noth

• Riddler and Joker aren't masters of martial arts, or boxers. They are skinny humans without super powers. Batman keeps punching them, hits them in a face multiple times. Effect; Riddler escapes (ep.1), Joker never stops laughing (ep.5). I know Bruce doesn't want to kill anyone but in this job it's important to end the fight quick. He's too weak or his enemies too tough.

• edited April 2018

If the US school security system was as secure as the battlefront forums then world peace would just be instantly achieved. Stupid place won’t even let you in even when you complete the steps ? i’ve actually lost the will to live.

• Oh God I'm going to be 22 soon.

WHYYYYY???!!!

• edited April 2018

Do you have a phobia for palindromes?

If not, you're too young to be upset. I'm 34 and I'm not even upset about it. Sure, I'm not where I thought I'd be by this point in my life, but there's still a LONG way to go.

Oh God I'm going to be 22 soon. WHYYYYY???!!!

• Oh God I'm 22.

WHYYYYY???!!!

• Because on this exact day, 22 years ago, you were pushed out of a woman's womb and entered into the world, and thus, it is a day for celebration and acknowledgement of this fact.

Oh God I'm 22. WHYYYYY???!!!

• edited April 2018

Video essays need to die a slow and painful death. One video click away and you're in a rabbit-hole of suggested video essays, all in the same negative and boring tone "The day The Simpsons died" or "Why ... isn't in movies anymore".
    You don't need to do much research in order to find out that most of these sorts of channels follow this exact method in all of their videos; This ranges to a multitude of industries with the creators sometimes changing the titles a bit, accompanied with its nice presentation to click-bait you some more.
    It's lazy way to make money and degrading for the actual creators .
    Nerdwriter does this thing where he tries to come across as natural as possible by 'forgetting' a person who made the quote that he remembers exactly "I think it was ... who said..". In the film video-essays especially each objective analysis by a channel is seen as fact by those that watch these videos, ruining all subjectivity from viewers imaginations, ultimately losing its power as a artform. Those with their own indivual idea of a subject have their opinion tarnished by these channels, who sway you as coming from experience due to reading unrelated types of literature and posting them as reference proving they're right, again this could go into many industries. There are videos on other threads showing that Telltale has become a victim of this too, again these have little to no substance and are very damaging.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.