The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Uhh 72% isn't that sucky.

strwar3 posted: »

Solo getting mixed reactions on Rotten Tomatoes and now? It's at 72% lol I said this before and I will say it again just like RedLetterMedia? I predicted it!!! This movie is gonna suck BIGLY!!

• Give it time. It may go down even more

AChicken posted: »

Uhh 72% isn't that sucky.

• Although Rise of the Tombraider is good, the BioShock series wins by a mile for me.

Great stories, gameplay, lore, characters, and three games in one.

Opinions on these games? I've been thinking of picking one of them up soon since they are on sale for the next week. * Rise of the Tomb

• Ohhh, I really wanted to watch it, but I didn't get a chance.

Not sure if it's still playing down here.

Has anyone here watched Isle Of Dogs? I was absolutely mesmerized by this beauty. I'm a huge fan of stop motion animation and Wes Anderson i

• Trying to coax a developer into releasing a game soundtrack while enduring a crushing sense of déjà vu.

• @Melton23 literally got a sledgehammer and destroyed the fourth numbered wall in business class because he literally lost his mind. :D

Please explain.

• So you don't swallow your food? It just gets chewed into oblivion?

lupinb0y posted: »

Me when I eat

• Since when does 72% mean big suckage?

Solo getting mixed reactions on Rotten Tomatoes and now? It's at 72% lol I said this before and I will say it again just like RedLetterMedia? I predicted it!!! This movie is gonna suck BIGLY!!

• I was talking to one of my friends while writing an essay on one of the computers and they shout fuck out of nowhere, the entire class hears it obviously, and the teacher calls him out on it and for whatever reason I tell him that kids are watching this show and point out into space like there’s a camera there.

Please explain.

• Haha, that's actually really funny. :D

Melton23 posted: »

I was talking to one of my friends while writing an essay on one of the computers and they shout fuck out of nowhere, the entire class hears

• Yep, I did the right thing not going to theaters to see it. I don't even care about spoilers.

Also, Jeremy Jahns didn't seem to like it, he said we are not going to remember it in T Minus, One Day (Yeah, already forgot).

• edited May 2018

This is coming from the same guy who thinks that something is bad if it doesn't have a large chinese audience.

Since when does 72% mean big suckage?

• edited May 2018

That feel when a 7/10 is now considered trash instead of just average.

• Well with those additional details in mind, in case you haven't decided by the time I'm posting this:

•Rise of the Tomb Raider - If you enjoyed Tomb Raider 2013's gameplay you should enjoy this one's more, seeing as they refined and the tomb raiding is indeed better. As for the story, it's... ehh, it has its moments and some nice set pieces, and it was enough to make me want to see it through to its end. This is my opinion of course, yours may vary. Still, with Shadow of the Tomb Raider releasing later this year it might be worth looking into.

•Bioshock The Collection - Well, as for your questions, I would say it is a pretty good value for those 3 games you're getting. If you like FPS's with some RPG-ish type of elements and some horror more so in 1's case, then you should enjoy it. Plus the stories are pretty darn good.

•Burnout Paradise Remastered - It's still the same fun game from back in '08 with all the DLC, however I heard of thers being some nasty bugs in this version, and at least as of April it still wasn't completely fixed.

All three are great games imo, just that because Burnout has more issues that potentially haven't been fixed, I would go with Rise or Bishock. From there it becomes trickier imo, since Rise would help set you up for the upcoming sequel, but Bioshock is a great 3 in 1 package. Which one gave me the most personal enjoyment, maybe the Bioshock trilogy as a whole, even if I have some issues with Infinite's gameplay design and even some issues with the story.

Opinions on these games? I've been thinking of picking one of them up soon since they are on sale for the next week. * Rise of the Tomb

• Well, Shenmue 3 got delayed.

https://www.deepsilver.com/en/shenmue-iii-release-window/

Deep Silver today announce that their upcoming release Shenmue III has been moved and will now release in 2019.

The extra time will be used to polish the quality of the game even further, to the high standards it deserves and release the product in the best possible timeframe.

• ZOMBIELAND 2 CONFIRMED, BABY!!!!
    https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a20708352/zombieland-2/

This just came out of nowhere. Zombieland is my personal favorite zombie movie of all time. I loved the combination between horror and comedy and the cast was incredible. I've been wanting a sequel for a long time but better late than never, I guess. I just can't wait for it.

• edited May 2018

Thanks.
    No, I haven't decided yet but the general concencus here seems to be for Bioshock and I agree (best price/value deal).

I'm in no rush to go out and get any of these, so I'm just leaving it open for now. I'll decide by sometime this weekend.

MichaelBP posted: »

Well with those additional details in mind, in case you haven't decided by the time I'm posting this: •Rise of the Tomb Raider - If you e

• So for the past day my laptop here has been stuck in airplane mode, meaning it can't (or won't) connect to the internet. I just fixed it.

I tried everything the internet would tell me: update the drivers, uncheck the box that makes it turn on to save power, whatever...
    It turns out there was just a simple switch!! There's a key on the keyboard, one single key that locks airplane mode on for when you need it. When this is on, it turns off all internet stuff, and locks it into airplane mode, and you can't turn on the WiFi. But this key doesn't look like an airplane. It looks like a radio tower!

Turns out the only way to get it off and WiFi back on is to touch the key again!
    Why did they put this nuisance of a key right near the backspace, brightness, and Del keys??! It freaked me out last night when it turned on by itself, but it was me all along!

• Ah, well then...

I was talking to one of my friends while writing an essay on one of the computers and they shout fuck out of nowhere, the entire class hears

• edited May 2018

Ugh, I can’t believe I’m doing this, but I have to.

Yanny or Laurel, what do you hear?

I’ve listened to this like 15 times, all I hear is Laurel. I’ve tried to hear Yanny and all I get is Laurel, no doubt in my mind.

• I can't believe i'm doing this either.

I hear Laurel.

Ugh, I can’t believe I’m doing this, but I have to. Yanny or Laurel, what do you hear? I’ve listened to this like 15 times, all I hear is Laurel. I’ve tried to hear Yanny and all I get is Laurel, no doubt in my mind.

• edited May 2018

I'm more sensitive to higher frequency sounds. Electronic hums have plagued my life.
    So... While I don't hear "Yanny", I do hear the "Y"s very clearly(and not "L"s). More like "Yoh-wee".

• Its definetly Yanny for me.

Ugh, I can’t believe I’m doing this, but I have to. Yanny or Laurel, what do you hear? I’ve listened to this like 15 times, all I hear is Laurel. I’ve tried to hear Yanny and all I get is Laurel, no doubt in my mind.

• I heard Yanny at first, but I've since heard Laurel

• edited May 2018

I’m bearing Yanny, but it’s coming out like Yarey but I’m assuming it does that for everyone

• It's all down to the frequency of the sound file and how well your ears pick up on that frequency.

In my experience, I've heard Laurel at mid-high pitch, but when it's low pitch, it sounds more like Yanny.

• Both at the same time, a lower-pitched Laurel and a higher-pitched Yanny, as if it's a duet.

• edited May 2018

...I hear Laurel. Only at a higher frequency can I hear Yanny, and I can't hear any syllable of Yanny at the normal freq.

Oh, wait, no, I hear a song coming on!

Hopefully, this makes the trend a little more bearable.

• Decided to buy TWD Collection on PS4. I know it got...mixed reviews, to say the least, but I really wanted the series on my PS4. I have all three on my Xbox One, minus Michonne. I’ll probably regret it down the line, but that’s my future self’s problem.

• edited May 2018

This weekend there's an open beta for the upcoming arcade racing-but-with-no-races game OnRush.

I was hesitant on getting this game from what was shown and told to us by the Devs -- originally this game looked like the spiritual successor to Motorstorm -- but as I mentioned above, there's no racing in this game. It's car combat, tricks, and competitive gamemodes.

I like what I've played so far, but it doesn't warrant the 60$ US/80$CAD price tag in my opinion. I'd go for it at 30$ US/40$ CAD. Sorry.
    Granted, this is just a taste of the full game, but I don't think there'll be enough to satisfy the price. We'll see what reviews have to say.

• edited May 2018

Just got back from Deadpool 2...

• At cinemas waiting for Deadpool 2 to start. So excited!!!

This is supposed to be funny, but it seems so factual at the same time.

• Why do old people need to get involved in trends now?

...I hear Laurel. Only at a higher frequency can I hear Yanny, and I can't hear any syllable of Yanny at the normal freq. Oh, wait, no, I hear a song coming on! Hopefully, this makes the trend a little more bearable.

• Black Ops 4 Reveal Angry Rant With Angry Joe. No Single Player Campaign!?!? Only Battle Royale.

Lol like this New COD game is already looking bad! I am putting my money on Battlefield V. I have a feeling it will be a WW2 game with Single Player Campaign and WW2 ultiplayer with Tanks, Airplanes,and Jeeps,and I think they will let's play the Japanese,Soviets,British,Americans(our guys)and I think we will play the Germans too.

• edited May 2018

So, I've decided on Bioshock and I bought it. Haven't played it yet, but I am eager to.

Despite the fact that my heart kept telling me "Burnout!!", I thought why not try something I haven't touched before, and clearly missed out on. Hope I enjoy it, you insistent lot! (I mean, really... the one I had on my mind -- the "safe" choice -- wasn't at the top of anyone's list! :p hehe)

I'll get to my personal picks at some point. (probably Burnout next if it's on sale again soon, I've been craving a really good racing game, despite the glitches.)

• edited May 2018

I’m known for my brutal honesty so I’m coming out and saying that if you play video games, watch movies or watch TV shows not to be entertained, which is the sole purpose movies are created, but to delve deep straight away and analyse everything you can find, look out for character development, refer to characters by their actor’s name or focus too much on BTS then you may be a part of the “We Are The Most Boring Human Beings To Ever Exist Squad”. Obviously you can still do this stuff, I’m guilty of it too, but when it’s literally the only way you can play or watch something then you have some major problems. ?

• it be like that. too many folks tryna downplay how good a 7/10 really is

lupinb0y posted: »

That feel when a 7/10 is now considered trash instead of just average.

• edited May 2018

Watched Deadpool 2 today. It was really fun! Funny, a more interesting story (at least to me), surprisingly heartfelt and even kinda emotional. Domino is a great addition to the movie and she gets a great scene showcasing her powers. All the X-Force are just great in general. There are also a ton of surprises that I absolutely loved.

However, there are a few repetitive jokes and events from the first movie that make it here. Also the kid seems to be a 50/50 in terms of likeability. I thought he was alright though and think he did a good job. Cable is pretty good as well but he's a bit one note.

If you enjoyed the first one then you'll definitely like this.

• Worst thing about it is that people will still buy this garbage. I hope it flop at sales but I doubt it. Call of Duty has never been good since Black Ops 2 (They say).

Black Ops 4 Reveal Angry Rant With Angry Joe. No Single Player Campaign!?!? Only Battle Royale. Lol like this New COD game is already loo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.