The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited June 2018

We'd prefer you focus on discussing the topic instead of trying to turn it into something about "SJW"s please. Thanks.

Okay sorry but it is pushing it in the movie which I hope they don't at all. I am tired of that. But anyway anyone looking forward to this movie? My gf is and so am I.

where Disney Princesses kinda push a agenda driven discussion. You know SJW one,which I hope this movie doesn't at all. Other mods a

• You guys got any good movies to see this year? I got nothing! I only watched Deadpool 2 and Watch Infinity War twice this year. So I really don't have any good movies to watch anymore. So I mean you guys got anything? I feel like Hollywood is really dying for a hit just like Jurassic World in 2015 where literally it gained 1.3 billion dollars.

• So I made a entire list of a movie franchise that I just posted on my Mythology movies that we want to see in Hollywood. So if you guys seem like it good take a look,okay. I don't why Hollywood doesn't do these movies? They are that good!

• edited June 2018

I'm not really looking forward to it.
    Looks like the Emoji Movie, but slightly better. Emphasis on slightly.

The reason I feel this way is that they seem to be drifting -- no, speeding -- away from the video-game-centric plot and world of the first movie. In that movie, it was fun to see Disney poking fun at a concept that hasn't gotten many great hits at the box office. It was really well made, and there was still tons they could have done with it (the first movie mostly focused on the world of a racing game/"Mario Kart"-alike). Given that we've already got a movie about the "internet personified" this year (even though it sucked) I don't think I want another. Not yet.

This movie is just... poking fun at the internet. Disney's going all meta and poking fun at themselves.
    That Princess scene looks to be good, but man does it make me uncomfortable that they have to break the fourth wall so much with this movie.
    Real websites/companies, a whole plotline dedicated to a 'Disney website'. It just feels so off from what the original intended. At least that had a good blend of original concepts/games and small nods to other real-life ones.

Eh, sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit bummed about where this movie is suddenly going.

strwar3 posted: »

Ralph Breaks the Internet:Wreck It Ralph 2 Official Trailer well I hope this good but I saw a scene (The Disney Princess scene)where Disney

• edited June 2018

I think this is my first comment in this discussion. I had bookmarked it a while back in case I ever wanted to jump in and chat so I think now would be a good time to do so.
    I hope everyone is doing fantastic and is having a wonderful day!

• edited June 2018

it’s not pushing anything dude, people nowadays see controversial topics in every little scene and complain about something that’s not even there instead of enjoying the movie or whatever

We'd prefer you focus on discussing the topic instead of trying to turn it into something about "SJW"s please. Thanks. Okay sorry bu

• On a different note, I'm quite excited for the Lego Movie 2. Turns out we'll get a trailer tomorrow, but if this poster is anything to go by, it's following the original's intent.
    Either way, it's Lego. Meaning: literally everything and anything can be made out of it. No world-shifts for this one.

It seems to be going with the off-brand Lego invasion (as DUPLO was featured at the end of the last one).

AChicken posted: »

I'm not really looking forward to it. Looks like the Emoji Movie, but slightly better. Emphasis on slightly. The reason I feel this way

• edited June 2018

On a much more different note, I got my Level 1 (G1) Driver's License today (er, yesterday by now).

My Dad let me practice in local, empty parking lots for a bit tonight. It's a weird experience, going from passenger to driver. It'll take a lot of getting used to. Windows, blind spots, mirrors galore. I'm just trying to get a handle on the pedals, positioning of the feet, and spatial awareness of the car.

Excited, but also pretty worried. I don't really have a need for driving. Public Transit works out 90% of the time for me. The one useful thing about this I look forward to is that I'll finally have a good, valid form of ID that isn't a passport. Oh yeah, and I'll be cool with the friends. They've had their Licenses for about 2 years now. I never really got around to getting one.

• Congrats. I found the learner's test to be 1000% more difficult than the road test.
    I still only have my G2. I haven't found it worth it to pay yet again for the full thing(long explanation short, for those whom don't know, the difference between a G2 and a full licence is basically just 0 blood alcohol).

On a much more different note, I got my Level 1 (G1) Driver's License today (er, yesterday by now). My Dad let me practice in local, empt

• Thanks! You've actually posted here before, as early as last September. (Page 4180)

I think this is my first comment in this discussion. I had bookmarked it a while back in case I ever wanted to jump in and chat so I think now would be a good time to do so. I hope everyone is doing fantastic and is having a wonderful day!

• Oh right my mistake :lol: thank you for letting me know :smile:

WarpSpeed posted: »

Thanks! You've actually posted here before, as early as last September. (Page 4180)

• edited June 2018

Yup. It's looking good.

Edit: We're also getting an Into the Spider-Verse trailer tomorrow!

Seriously someone tell me how to embed these. Usually, you just post the link, but it just doesn't work for me anymore.
    Thanks, Blind!

On a different note, I'm quite excited for the Lego Movie 2. Turns out we'll get a trailer tomorrow, but if this poster is anything to go by

• Seriously someone tell me how to embed these. Usually you just post the link, but it just doesn't work for me anymore.

Make sure you copy/paste the non-mobile version of a link for embeds to work.

Yup. It's looking good. Edit: We're also getting an Into the Spider-Verse trailer tomorrow! https://www.twitter.com/chrizmillr/stat

• Does it make a difference if the tweet has a video/gif in it? I tried messing with it yesterday to see if I could get it to work, and it still only came up as a link after I switched to the non-mobile version.

Seriously someone tell me how to embed these. Usually you just post the link, but it just doesn't work for me anymore. Make sure you copy/paste the non-mobile version of a link for embeds to work.

• I think on Twitter's end, some embeds can still not embed properly as a glitch even if you copy/paste the URL correctly. Ozzy observed this a few times whenever people tried to post/embed Tweets.

Does it make a difference if the tweet has a video/gif in it? I tried messing with it yesterday to see if I could get it to work, and it still only came up as a link after I switched to the non-mobile version.

• Kelly Marie Tran Erases Instagram Following Last Jedi Harassment
    Awwwww ??????? listen guys I HATED the Last Jedi,but come on don't blame the actress who won the contest to be on Star Wars set. I mean I kinda blame the people who made the script awful for her and her character. I blame those people and the people who harassed her? Fuck Those People!

• I love yachts.... I want a yacht.

• I'd recommend watching some less mainstream films. They don't fall into the trap of the generic big budget hollywood formula and opt of a more subtle approach. Some of my favorite films in the 2010s have been that. This year I saw Isle of Dogs which was brilliant, Under the Silver Lake comes out the 22nd of this month and it looks fantastic. If you want some older ones, last year I saw Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name, both of which were amazing films.

Typically if you're looking for good movies coming up I recommend a lot of A24's films. There seems to be very little studio interference so directors and screenwriters can actually create their vision for a film. The Florida Project, Killing of a Sacred Deer, The Disaster Artist, stuff like that.

You guys got any good movies to see this year? I got nothing! I only watched Deadpool 2 and Watch Infinity War twice this year. So I really

• The broom kid is being harassed as well apparently. Sad to see that people haven't learned from what happened with Jake Lloyd.

Kelly Marie Tran Erases Instagram Following Last Jedi Harassment Awwwww ??????? listen guys I HATED the Last Jedi,but come on don't blame t

• edited June 2018

Promo art for Avengers 4 was leaked and it's awesome but contains some minor spoilers (character roster and costume changes). But if you've caught up with all the movies you should be fine.

• edited June 2018

My damn tax accountant fucked up my tax return (the guy didn't include some details which had me owing way more in taxes than there should be). Then when I came back to fix it, I find out almost a week later they haven't even sent in the amendment yet and I've since received a letter from the taxation office for an overdue tax debt including the amount before the amendment.

Jesus Christ.

• The broom kid is being harassed as well apparently

I don't know who the Broom Kid is exactly,but I hope he is okay. Not mention I have been hearing rumors on Reddit and Twitter lately saying Kelly Marie Tran might not be able to play her character in ep9 next year. Which kinda is a blow to her happiness and fandom of a Star Wars fan,but God man!! What Assholes Did This To Her?

lupinb0y posted: »

The broom kid is being harassed as well apparently. Sad to see that people haven't learned from what happened with Jake Lloyd.

• Ho!y Shit!!!

My damn tax accountant fucked up my tax return (the guy didn't include some details which had me owing way more in taxes than there should b

• I love you.

Coincidentally, today was my last shift until next friday.

• I love you.

Oh, that reminds me of those posts you use to make that gave the impression that you had some kind of infatuation with the forum. Uhhh... unless I interpreted them wrong? That was quite a while a go now...

Johro posted: »

I love you. Coincidentally, today was my last shift until next friday.

• edited June 2018

I kinda forgot that playing in the rain makes you susceptible to catching a cold! Oops...

• I just love people when I drink alcohol1.

You probably aren't mistaken as I know exactly what you're referring to. Unfortunately, I remember EVERYTHING after this state ceases. While, I have very rarely done things that I regret(only minor, thankfully), I do get "loose lip syndrome" and I enjoy company... So yes, I love you all.

1This tends not to be the case for most. Alcohol isn't great...Especially if something serious happens while intoxicated. I couldn't imagine being drunk and getting a call from a hospital or something. :/ That's my PSA.

I love you. Oh, that reminds me of those posts you use to make that gave the impression that you had some kind of infatuation with the forum. Uhhh... unless I interpreted them wrong? That was quite a while a go now...

• Oh, you were drunk? I was thinking it was some intelligent joke that I lacked the ability to comprehend... ?

Sometimes I have days where I feel like I love everyone and appreciate everything, and I don't even drink alcohol. ? I don't usually express it though. I think I'm just weird.

Johro posted: »

I just love people when I drink alcohol1. You probably aren't mistaken as I know exactly what you're referring to. Unfortunately, I reme

• edited June 2018

I think that's normal. Well, normal for someone whom worries what others think, anyway.
    Alcohol doesn't change how I think... It just lets go of the inhibition of me worrying what other would say when I speak my mind. I'm a peculiar creature. myself. I'm rather anti-social and tend to be a jerk to others, but I really do appreciate those in my little circle and even those whom proactively speak to me... as, if I were to do it to them, it would be extremely meaningful. So I appreciate it, even if it is nothing/meaningless to them.

Oh, you were drunk? I was thinking it was some intelligent joke that I lacked the ability to comprehend... ? Sometimes I have days where

• edited June 2018

Just came back from a public screening which included a documentary I was the head editor of. It had one of the loudest applause's (tooting my own horn) and I'm really happy with how everything turned out! :)

• Totally worth it though, right?

I kinda forgot that playing in the rain makes you susceptible to catching a cold! Oops...

• Haha, yes, totally! I'd do it again! :D

Acheive250 posted: »

Totally worth it though, right?

• Jesus. Jack just beat me to death with a frikken shovel while I was trying to use the frikken hatch key on the frikken hatch. Damn.

(Free cookie for anyone who knows what game I was playing)

• edited June 2018

Resident Evil 7.

NOW WHERE'S MY COOKIE?!

Acheive250 posted: »

Jesus. Jack just beat me to death with a frikken shovel while I was trying to use the frikken hatch key on the frikken hatch. Damn. (Free cookie for anyone who knows what game I was playing)

• edited June 2018

ATTENTION! Any people from NYC here? I just need to know how hard it is to get to a Broadway show. I looked at their website and it seems as easy as buying a cinema ticket. Is that true? My summer camp actually organizes a trip to Broadway, but they picked Aladdin and with due respect, that's not what I'd like to see. So I'm thinking about going there on my own. Thanks for any tips.

Also, is Boston worth a visit?

• New Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse trailer is out.

It looks goddamn amazing! Spectacular even! I cannot wait for this movie!

• edited June 2018

I know a guy from New York and he tells me that it’s a pain in the ass to get just about anywhere in the city, too much traffic and stuff. The metro is apparently the best way to travel so depending where the stops are then it’ll either be easy or hard to get where you need to go.

ATTENTION! Any people from NYC here? I just need to know how hard it is to get to a Broadway show. I looked at their website and it seems as

• AWESOME!
    Looks really stylish, and I love it!

One thing I'm not so pleased about is the animation style. The choppyness (choppiness? choppy-ness?) is very off putting.
    It's probably better with a continuous view on it, but man, my eyes think something is wrong.

New Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse trailer is out. It looks goddamn amazing! Spectacular even! I cannot wait for this movie!

• I've been reading some of the reviews for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and I am so excited for this opening pre-credits sequence. I've seen bits of it in trailers and I think I have a general idea of what happens, but man, it sounds awesome. Some of the reviews, (like IGN's at 8.4) were very positive, and others were like 2 stars. I hope the movie is better than Solo, which I thought was fine (i.e. not good, not terrible, a movie, not quite memorable). Got to wait a few weeks for it though.

• edited June 2018

Oh shit I forgot that movie was gonna start soon! Damn it! I guess I am gonna have to wait to see it too.

I've been reading some of the reviews for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and I am so excited for this opening pre-credits sequence. I've se

Sign in to comment in this discussion.