The Pre-Order Bonus Is Screwing Over PC Players

Ok - Let's start positive

The new trailer for TFS is really great! In fact, PS4 and XBOX players will get all 19 episodes of Telltale's TWD for free in the form of TWD: Collection.

Sadly, PC platforms like Steam and GOG never got the collection.

Here is what Telltale said about PC pre order bonuses

PC players, if you pre-order on Steam, GOG, GamersGate, or the Humble Store, you'll receive 10% off the full retail price. Win10 pre-orders through the Microsoft Store will unlock season one of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. Just make sure you pre-order before August 14 because all these offers end once the game releases. Again, pre-orders start Friday.

So Telltale is giving us $2 off in exchange for 19 Telltale Episodes?

Why don't us PC players get something notable?
I was hoping to get ANF as a pre order bonus. :(
Will there be a Telltale Humble Bundle soon? That way I can catch up with the few games I don't own

Comments

• edited June 2018

Yeah, I think it mostly screws over anyone who bought the collection in the past 8 months. There goes your 50 dollars plus the 20 you'll have to spend on Season 4.
    Personally, I just think they should stick to the basics of a pre-order. A bonus avatar, wallpaper, etc.
    Giving out your previous games at no extra charge really sucks to those who bought it recently.

I'll bet there's a Humble Bundle sale soon though. They usually like to discount Telltale stuff.

PC has sales all the dang time, so you'd probably be able to purchase the series individually for a smaller price at some point soon.

• I saw a comment earlier saying if you're going to pre order and you already have the collection, just sell the collection for a price. I forgot who said this so don't give me the credit.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, I think it mostly screws over anyone who bought the collection in the past 8 months. There goes your 50 dollars plus the 20 you'll hav

• edited June 2018

Its a weird deal but its a way better way of getting the new comer crowd instead of making the game focused for new players.

I think the deal doesnt make too much sense for it to be on consoles but not PC. My best guess is because PC is probably where Telltale games sell the most and go on sale the most so more people probably already have all the seasons and have already bought a more reduced price before? I mean even in general console players have probably already played the other games if they plan on picking up season 4.

To put it simply, I think the crowd that is actually going to be playing the collection from the pre-order is already gonna be a really small percent, so I dont think its the absolute worst thing ever. It is just a little weird its console only.

• To put it simply, I think the crowd that is actually going to be playing the collection from the pre-order is already gonna be a really small percent, so I dont think its the absolute worst thing ever. It is just a little weird its console only.

I attribute that to just the "updated" collection not existing on PC, so they don't only have one file to distribute if that makes sense.

That, and unlike console games, PC games go on sale more often and for much steeper discounts (think Steam Holiday sales, Humble Bundles, etc, that consoles lack).

Poogers555 posted: »

Its a weird deal but its a way better way of getting the new comer crowd instead of making the game focused for new players. I think the

• Well, to those who bought it digitally... they're screwed.

Still, it'd be hard to sell the Collection now to get the same dollar amount back. You'd still be at a loss.

protocol115 posted: »

I saw a comment earlier saying if you're going to pre order and you already have the collection, just sell the collection for a price. I forgot who said this so don't give me the credit.

• Touche. I bought it digitally so I'm screwed.

AChicken posted: »

Well, to those who bought it digitally... they're screwed. Still, it'd be hard to sell the Collection now to get the same dollar amount back. You'd still be at a loss.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.