TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• It's all good, fam

patrickrc95 posted: »

Well, either way it still counts as spam according to the Mod. Sorry btw.

• edited June 2018

About this spam train...

Please don't bring back the Garcia's

Except Javi, Javi coming back in an ending would actually be kinda dope

• Yea. I'd be fine with a little Cameo of sorts.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

About this spam train... Please don't bring back the Garcia's Except Javi, Javi coming back in an ending would actually be kinda dope

• Except Javi

Don't even bring him back lol. A small reference to his being would be more than enough of him in TFS

About this spam train... Please don't bring back the Garcia's Except Javi, Javi coming back in an ending would actually be kinda dope

• C'mon. A s2 wellington style ending where you return to Javi's place (I forget what it's called lmao) would be welcome to me.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Except Javi Don't even bring him back lol. A small reference to his being would be more than enough of him in TFS

• Richmond. There would be a choice involved I would imagine.

C'mon. A s2 wellington style ending where you return to Javi's place (I forget what it's called lmao) would be welcome to me.

• I'd rather have Clementine and AJ trip over a pebble and die, rather than meet Javi again, let alone return to Richmond. I don't wanna be reminded of.....?* shudders *

C'mon. A s2 wellington style ending where you return to Javi's place (I forget what it's called lmao) would be welcome to me.

• I would only be ok with the Garcias returning if we got to kill them

• I'm disappointed that we only get four episodes as opposed to the usual five, but hopefully that means we get longer episodes in general.

• edited June 2018

My cousin is 4 years old and still sounds like he only just found his voice, squeaky, grammar all over the place and stuff, yet AJ for some reason sounds like he is a focken freshman at high school. (Also if Javier is dead when I buy this season I’m going on a huge rant so look out for that)

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

My cousin is 4 years old and still sounds like he only just found his voice, squeaky, grammar all over the place and stuff

Maybe your cousin has.......silly brain syndrome? please don't take offense to this.

Melton23 posted: »

My cousin is 4 years old and still sounds like he only just found his voice, squeaky, grammar all over the place and stuff, yet AJ for some

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Melissa will be at E3 along with Kent and James from the dev team (they'll be taking turns - can't take too many people away from working on the game!). We'll talk a little bit more then about the new look, unscripted combat, etc. etc.

• Will there be more characters reveals or concept art at E3? o:)

Melissa will be at E3 along with Kent and James from the dev team (they'll be taking turns - can't take too many people away from working on the game!). We'll talk a little bit more then about the new look, unscripted combat, etc. etc.

No more reveals or concept art, but there will be some E3-exclusive footage of the game running in-engine. It looks so good, guys.

Will there be more characters reveals or concept art at E3?

• Yay! :) I know you can’t say anything about the first Episode, but can we expect to see more new characters not including Marlon, Rosie, Violet, Louis and Ten?

No more reveals or concept art, but there will be some E3-exclusive footage of the game running in-engine. It looks so good, guys.

• edited June 2018

Exclusive as in not shown on stream? : /

• edited June 2018

E3-exclusive footage

Okay, is that footage exclusive to the physical attendees or just footage of the engine you'll show off at various E3 streams?

Edit: Okay, read your reply below @mostlypoptarts! Thanks!

Shown on the stream! Just not posted anywhere after.

Exclusive as in not shown on stream? : /

• Sunday? As in this weekend? Telltale will be doing interviews starting on Sunday? And what timezone are these events in? Just want to make sure so that I can tune in and watch the interviews and the gameplay

• I hope we can see that demo, that was shown at PAX East Exclusive o:)

• Yes, this weekend! Several companies promote games or hold press conferences, interviews, etc in the couple days leading up to E3 (which is next Tuesday to next Thursday)!

Sunday? As in this weekend? Telltale will be doing interviews starting on Sunday? And what timezone are these events in? Just want to make sure so that I can tune in and watch the interviews and the gameplay

• Thank you so much for the info!

Yes, this weekend! Several companies promote games or hold press conferences, interviews, etc in the couple days leading up to E3 (which is next Tuesday to next Thursday)!

• Haven't been on the forums for a while until today and wanna catch up. Is there a summary thread with all the information we know regarding characters and plot so far? Like is there speculation/confirmation about Clem and AJ's ages? Thanks yall

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Also to add to what Blind Sniper said all the times are in pacific time.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pt

Thank you so much for the info!

• Much appreciated! There are quite a few people I know who will certainly be grateful for this. Thank you!

OzzyUK posted: »

Also to add to what Blind Sniper said all the times are in pacific time. https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pt

• My brothers were the same and so was I. Our voices were squeaky as hell, 4 year olds are not supposed to sound like they are 8

My cousin is 4 years old and still sounds like he only just found his voice, squeaky, grammar all over the place and stuff Maybe your cousin has.......silly brain syndrome? please don't take offense to this.

• @mostlypoptarts Is The Final Season for newcomers or for returning players that have played all of the series? I’m asking this because A New Frontier was for newcomers and most reviews were negative because previous Seasons hardly mattered in A New Frontier. I really hope this last Season is for returning players and past choices from previous Seasons will effect this last one.

• ANF is practically non-canon. TFS is for returning players.

@mostlypoptarts Is The Final Season for newcomers or for returning players that have played all of the series? I’m asking this because A New

• ANF is practically non-canon.

I don’t think that’s entirely correct but I wish it was.

ANF is practically non-canon. TFS is for returning players.

• It is/isn't because while it was the next entry to the series after S2, it didn't pick up after S2. ANF was it's own game that didn't tie into the first and second Walking Dead games.

ANF is practically non-canon. I don’t think that’s entirely correct but I wish it was.

• It's named "The FINAL season" of course it's not meant for new players.

@mostlypoptarts Is The Final Season for newcomers or for returning players that have played all of the series? I’m asking this because A New

edited June 2018

Season 1➡️ Season 2 ➡️(A New Frontier) The Final Season

Nothing in ANF contributed to the progression of the series overall. If ANF never happened, TFS could've picked up right where Season 2 left off, without anything being left out. Season 2 ends where Clementine is with AJ and TFS will start where they're also together. Between S2 and TFS, they're still sequential without ANF.

ANF is practically non-canon. I don’t think that’s entirely correct but I wish it was.

• Does that mean that we get a redo on the Kenny/Jane death's???

Season 1➡️ Season 2 ➡️(A New Frontier) The Final Season Nothing in ANF contributed to the progression of the series overall. If ANF neve

edited June 2018

Well It’s a possibility, yet least likely. The fall of Wellington and Kenny’s/Jane’s death in ANF were all flashbacks of Clementine’s that happened after S2, and didn’t really happen in ANF. They’re just events that took place before the start of ANF, as they didn’t recently happen in the game, although unlike Jane’s death, Kenny’s did happen a while before everything else in ANF. You can tell by looking at how AJ is the same during and after the flashback. In Jane’s flashback he was still a baby.

Their deaths in ANF are the only things you could say are actually canon, however only so because it was needed to explain why Clementine was alone, and even in ANF in the first place. IF there are NO references and implications made regarding the events and characters of ANF in TFS, and they give us a chance to redo our moments within the flashbacks as they are actually happening in TFS, that would prove that ANF wasn’t canon, although like i said, it’s least likely to happen. I only see something like that happening if Telltale does so for the fans that were mad about ANF, and to make up for the lack of episodes in the game, although mostly for the reason of fans being mad about ANF

Does that mean that we get a redo on the Kenny/Jane death's???

• I'm so glad for that trailer and last Season!
    Can't wait for episode 1!
    I will miss these waiting threads and Y'all, guys... :(

• Just because you didn't play it doesn't mean it's not canon. It IS canon, and that's just a fact...as much as people wish it isn't.

It is/isn't because while it was the next entry to the series after S2, it didn't pick up after S2. ANF was it's own game that didn't tie into the first and second Walking Dead games.

edited June 2018

Just because you didn't play it

Where did I say I haven't played ANF? I'm genuinely curious

It IS canon

Explain how it's canon then

Megaodg33 posted: »

Just because you didn't play it doesn't mean it's not canon. It IS canon, and that's just a fact...as much as people wish it isn't.

• Gameplay looks stunning I am super excited to get my hands on The Final Season. I would have loved to have seen more but I will be able to see for myself on August 14th :smile: Thank you Telltale :heart: I am looking forward to viewing the rest of the interviews that you guys will feature in :smile: Just curious but what can we expect from the other interviews? Character backstories? Information regarding Episode length? :smile:

• It looks neat, can't wait to play it to see how it goes. Bummer for the 4 episodes bit but I won't complain if they are an adequate length. And once again, they keep teasing us about Clem's survival, they sure do know how fans react that's for sure. The looks of it looks promising as for the story, let's see how it goes but I'm curious to see how they're going to handle a cast full of kids in a game where kids generally weren't handed well. Hopefully those episodes will be the "branchiest" episodes yet, even more than what they did for Batman but we'll see.

• I can't shrug off this impression: this series never had any sense of inter-season continuity. I feel as if there's barely anything gluing the four seasons of the series together—not themes, not the cast, not location. All seasons treat different circumstances that don't seem to me to have any relation in practically any way. The only thing they have in common is Clementine.

And I really don't think it's a good idea to start from scratch for the fourth time, when this is the final season. I didn't care about Richmond or any of last season's alive characters, but I would much rather keep them in the series than introduce a new setting. I think finales, conclusions and endings are meant to make you reflect upon what happened before; how do you achieve that when the protagonist's current situation has little to do with season three, season two and season one? I think Telltale cornered themselves, and I would like to be wrong.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.