The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• ...Oh damn. I thought you were being serious for a second. ?

lupinb0y posted: »

Holy shit. When I saw the news that The Walking Dead: Final Season would only have four episodes my mom came into my room to bring me a plat

• tfw everything EA showed except for one indie game was dogshit and yet E3 keeps putting them front and center before every conference

• edited June 2018

So the EA conference just happened and...HOLY SHIT IT WAS BAD!! God my gf couldn't stop laughing! WOW EA wow! Anthem looked very very bad in Mass Effect Andromeda terms. Battlefield V looked even not like Not My Battlefield(p.s. #NotMyBattlefield)and like EA just made me very very very angry and depressed during that conference. It was very underwhelming and cringery very cringery.

Like anybody else feel the same way?

• The only creepypasta I know is Jeff the Killer, thanks to JohnWolfeYT.

It's also a semi-common copypasta :P

• No one cares about ur gf but OMG they literally proved that I am right about everything XD I told ppl in the past that they listen to people, they said no they don’t, and they’re giving us anakin, obi-wan, dooku and Grievous all in one update as well as a geonosis map, a large new game mode (likely galactic conquest) and a new space map. I’m so excited ?

strwar3 posted: »

So the EA conference just happened and...HOLY SHIT IT WAS BAD!! God my gf couldn't stop laughing! WOW EA wow! Anthem looked very very bad in

• thanks to JohnWolfeYT

But yeah a copypasta is simply a copy and pasted piece of text either because it's a meme or it's just from an earlier post that's still relevant.

RichWalk23 posted: »

The only creepypasta I know is Jeff the Killer, thanks to JohnWolfeYT.

• edited June 2018

Questions for all you Vinyl collectors out there:
    Are they really that hard to find? Does it depend on the product? Do some come back in stock?

Today, I went out to get one of those Funko Pop figures. Specifically, the Spider-Man PS4 one. The white logo is cool.
    The Collector's edition for the game is both super expensive (200$) and now out of stock, so I wanted some other cool collectible of the game.

Every EBGames near me is out of stock according to the website, only 2 of them are near enough where I don't have to cross the whole town. You can't order the figure online anymore either.
    So, I go to the closest one that says they don't have it in stock and the one that does. I look, I ask, neither one has it.
    :(

Extra note: The Telltale Guardians figures were in stock [Rocket/Lylla] (about 5 units at each store that I could see). Those were out in December, this new one was out in March. Why the sudden vanishing?

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

Yeah, I faced the same problem when i tried to by a Beerus vinyl figurine. Spiderman for PS4 is a highly anticipated game, so many fans have bought them until they became sold out. and its not only just gamers buying the figure either, collecter as well as comic and movie lovers are buying it too. so if there are many different groups all grabbing at one product, its going to be hard to find one that’s available. Try gamestop,toys r us,target, and wall-mart. If they dont have it, then you’re out of luck. Keep checking online to see if they restock

AChicken posted: »

Questions for all you Vinyl collectors out there: Are they really that hard to find? Does it depend on the product? Do some come back in st

• Aww yeaaah, finally some Battlefield 5 gameplay! Grand Operations looks awesome!

• Listen I am still not getting it! I mean the gameplay looks amazing,but God I don't why it looks very underwhelming

Aww yeaaah, finally some Battlefield 5 gameplay! Grand Operations looks awesome!

• edited June 2018

Fun fact: Last year's Devolver Digital 2017 E3 conference was just 15 minutes. I'm surprised. I thought it was at least double that. Funny how time flies when you're having fun.

Here's a cool little article on how it came to be.

EDIT: Awesome it's tomorrow (today at time of writing).

Devolver Digital’s press conference will stream on Twitch at 11 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 10

• A bunch of screenshots were leaked for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. You really tell that this and Origins were made at the same time considering how similar they look. I think it's like slightly better looking than Origins (at least the character models... I think). The inventory looks very different, there are a few gameplay changes (no shield), ship battles are back, eagle vision is back and clothing customisation is much better looking than Origins which is a plus.

It's supposedly a prequel to Origins so you're not even an assassin (maybe you play as a Templar? That'd be neat). Even if it looks similar to Origins that probably wouldn't be a bad thing considering how good Origins was in the first place.

• I’ve heard it was a sequel

A bunch of screenshots were leaked for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. You really tell that this and Origins were made at the same time consideri

• edited June 2018

The name Thaletas (a musician/poet in real life) in this screenshot suggests that the game takes place in 7th century BC. Origins takes place waaayyyyyy after that during 1st century BC.

Melton23 posted: »

I’ve heard it was a sequel

• Could just be another guy with the same name

The name Thaletas (a musician/poet in real life) in this screenshot suggests that the game takes place in 7th century BC. Origins takes place waaayyyyyy after that during 1st century BC.

• I mean, they've always had previously existing famous people in their games so I'm more on the side that it's a prequel. But yeah you're right, it could just be a guy with the same name, but they've done a pretty good job not doing that in any of the other games so I dunno ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Could just be another guy with the same name

• It’s Ancient Greece, I’m no history expert so we’re the important Greek events before or after ancient Egypt?

I mean, they've always had previously existing famous people in their games so I'm more on the side that it's a prequel. But yeah you're rig

• edited June 2018

I think the were important Greek stuff happening before, during and after ancient Egypt. No idea since I'm just looking everything up :P

Looked into it a bit more and you and I may be half right/wrong. You being right that it's probably just a guy with the same name, but me being right that it's a prequel. Considering you're playing a Spartan and a majority of the screenshots show the main character fighting against the Athenian's , it's probably set during/before the Peloponnesian War (a war between the Athens and the Sparta) which is in the 5th century. The mention of the Delian's (Athenian Delian League) also further proves it.

It’s Ancient Greece, I’m no history expert so we’re the important Greek events before or after ancient Egypt?

• Obligatory "check this out it's cool" post

My kind of meter.

The Chicken-o-meter

Made by Ahoy, a Youtube channel featuring someone with too much time on their hands and a lot to say about video games' history.

• edited June 2018

E3:
    The time of year when you find out which gamer buddies of yours are secretly entitled scum.

Youtube channels get a pass because that's their job(or what they're trying to make their job). While, I can say: "I don't like what I see from Days Gone and I don't care about it", they have to talk about it. If they share my opinion, then they're just going to sound horrible and piss people off. That's how it is.

Random dude on the internet. You don't get that pass.

• i expected xbox's conference to be boring and awful and it ended up being my favorite E3 conference ever.

sweet.

• i expected xbox's conference to be boring and awful and it ended up being my favorite E3 conference ever.

You think they won E3? I think they did.

i expected xbox's conference to be boring and awful and it ended up being my favorite E3 conference ever. sweet.

• Nah, not yet. We still got a few more conferences left and I know a few games that if announced or shown would probably overun my love for Xbox's conference. But they did a pretty damn good job and for the first time in a bit have a real shot at it. I'll just have to see what Bethesda, Sony and Nintendo pull first.

strwar3 posted: »

i expected xbox's conference to be boring and awful and it ended up being my favorite E3 conference ever. You think they won E3? I think they did.

• I watched a little of the xbox conference live at the IGN channel and I couldn’t stop laughing at the salty comment section

• Has Sony done their E3 conference yet?

• Bethesda's conference was fucking nutso. Almost as good as Xbox's. Definitely a lot to chew on.

• edited June 2018

YES A NEW ELDER SCROOOLLLLLLSSS!!!!!!

Also that Prey DLC looks sick, but I'm disappointed that it's a rogue-like mode instead of a story DLC like what they do with Dishonored.

• Not to mention the concept of that DLC has already been done by better games (see Alien: Isolation, Resident Evil 7, etc)

YES A NEW ELDER SCROOOLLLLLLSSS!!!!!! Also that Prey DLC looks sick, but I'm disappointed that it's a rogue-like mode instead of a story DLC like what they do with Dishonored.

• Not yet. That's tomorrow night at 6:00pm PST / 9:00pm EST / Whatever you Aussies call your time.

Acheive250 posted: »

Has Sony done their E3 conference yet?

• I got drunk today. It was weird and nice at first. Like, all my worries just went away and there was nothing but bliss and feeling unbalanced. After waking up from a long nap, I forgot most of what happened. I now have a headache and feel sad. My advice to everyone, don't get drunk.

• Ms Chalice is adorable.

That's all I wanted to say.

• The Walking Dead forum on finding as many reasons as possible to hate on the Final Season.

• What if getting drunk worked the opposite way; you get the hangover at first and then the happiness comes later? (or whatever TF it is people get drunk for)

Do you think more or less people would get drunk?

I got drunk today. It was weird and nice at first. Like, all my worries just went away and there was nothing but bliss and feeling unbalance

• Hmm, maybe less because people who normally get drunk want to right away. Like an instant gratification thing. Having to go through a hangover first, which can last like a day or two, would be a more miserable experience that isn't worth the few hours of joy.

What if getting drunk worked the opposite way; you get the hangover at first and then the happiness comes later? (or whatever TF it is people get drunk for) Do you think more or less people would get drunk?

• i can't believe it. the insane bastards actually pulled it off. that was a worse conference than EA. ladies and gentlemen we have an E3 first here.

• Who was it?

i can't believe it. the insane bastards actually pulled it off. that was a worse conference than EA. ladies and gentlemen we have an E3 first here.

• square fucking enix

Who was it?

• They were all bad apart from the Bethesda one, which, like always, never disappoints

square fucking enix

• i mean, microsoft's was really, REALLY good. like yeah you can be like "oh but there's no exclusives ugh" but like that doesn't detract from the fact that they literally structured it flawlessly and executed it better from a sheer presentation standpoint, and announced the hypest shit they could.

also last year bethesda's conference was horrendous whatchu talkin bout willis

They were all bad apart from the Bethesda one, which, like always, never disappoints

• edited June 2018

Oh, yeah, forgot about the microsoft penis one, also I forgot about Bethesda last year. Every year before that though wus gud.

i mean, microsoft's was really, REALLY good. like yeah you can be like "oh but there's no exclusives ugh" but like that doesn't detract from

Sign in to comment in this discussion.