The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Heyo. o shit surprise hand reveal

Yup I found it. Called a few other close-ish stores, one had it, so I raced over there and picked one up. Looks cool.

AChicken posted: »

Questions for all you Vinyl collectors out there: Are they really that hard to find? Does it depend on the product? Do some come back in st

• I've decided for whatever reason to watch a random movie on Netflix. I chose Angelina Jolie's first Tomb Raider film, and while I knew it was going to be bad, man, I hate this movie 8 minutes in.

• Bit of a rant here. I'm putting it in spoiler even though it doesn't spoil anything, just for the spam.

I've tried but I can't commit myself to listening to classical music regularly. Its almost impossible not to like at least one song in the classical genre, be it if you heard it on TV, in a show or in movies, and the same goes for me. I recently downloaded an app which has a mood option where you can choose to play songs that fit into that category. I was interested in that selling point alone so I downloaded it. It ultimately disappointed me. Not only were most of the mood settings inaccurate, the song selections were very mainstream. This next thing applies in subjectivity of music. Listening to a song in the 'melancholy' mood for example would be frustrating, after the first few seconds the entire song turns into a overture spectacle. The loud and abrasive sounds conducted in these songs were present in all categories making it pointless, which reminds me of the doubt in my head that most classical music is the same loud chaos, getting boring after the first few minutes. The performances of the genre also puts me off feeling any emotion, as the musicians stay docile and emotionless while the whole thing feels too rehearsed to make me feel that the musicians are feeling the music truly, and not just playing a sheet of notes to an audience after studying at a academy for how many years. I know that the performers must not fail their notes by being emotional in order to play it properly, there needs to be a better balance I think of passionate playing and procedural. Streaming value is also an issue when most of the songs have some sort of binary code like 'BMV 1057' in the titles making it excessively long already with the mentioning of a quartet, venue and which note its played in as it is, making the effort a drag to find the song when most streaming services like Spotify don't have it in the first place.

• Saw Fallout 76 at E3. Wanted to vomit and the shove Todd Howard's face in it. This man is officially the worst person to ever make video games ever. How do you destroy an rpg beloved by millions just to sell out and make a buck?

• Remaking Arachnophobia?
    That's a whole cruise ship full of nope.
    That movie really bothered me as a kid.

• edited June 2018

... Destroy what? Unless he single handedly removed all the previous games from stores and replaced them with Fallout 76 I don't really see what the problem is. It's just a spin off game like ESO, it's not ruining anything. If it's not something you're interested in then don't play it. No harm no foul.

Clemenem posted: »

Saw Fallout 76 at E3. Wanted to vomit and the shove Todd Howard's face in it. This man is officially the worst person to ever make video games ever. How do you destroy an rpg beloved by millions just to sell out and make a buck?

• edited June 2018

Bethesda planned all along that Rage 2 and Doom 5 would come out at the same time. The game was rigged from the start.

• How dare you? That's it, I have had it. I hereby decree your banishment from this website. Forever.
    In all seriousness, I don't see what the problem is. It seems great to me. It would've been nice there was an offline mode.

Saw Fallout 76 at E3. Wanted to vomit and the shove Todd Howard's face in it. This man is officially the worst person to ever make video games ever. How do you destroy an rpg beloved by millions just to sell out and make a buck?

• The point is this completely ignores the premise of Fallout to begin with. A fun single player adventure rpg not a generic battle royale. In a lackluster era of games there are a thousand battle royales who do it a lot better than Bethesda will

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

How dare you? That's it, I have had it. I hereby decree your banishment from this website. Forever. In all seriousness, I don't see what the problem is. It seems great to me. It would've been nice there was an offline mode.

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

I only just found out there will be no NPCs in the game :D :'( Not to be a TOTAL drama queen, but...

The point is this completely ignores the premise of Fallout to begin with. A fun single player adventure rpg not a generic battle royale. In a lackluster era of games there are a thousand battle royales who do it a lot better than Bethesda will

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

There's actually a petition to add single player to FALLOUT 76. Not saying it'll change anything, but If you want, you can add to it.

The point is this completely ignores the premise of Fallout to begin with. A fun single player adventure rpg not a generic battle royale. In a lackluster era of games there are a thousand battle royales who do it a lot better than Bethesda will

• edited June 2018

Ayyy Sony had some good stuff right there! Lots of gameplay and some nice reveals (Remedy's new game looks really neat). Ghosts of Tsushima in particular is looking really good. The Resident Evil 2 looks good as well and it seems like it'll be third person instead of tank controls (thank God).

Can't wait to see Nintendo's conference tomorrow!

• But did Sony killed this year's E3? I think Xbox brought more to the table than Sony.

lupinb0y posted: »

Ayyy Sony had some good stuff right there! Lots of gameplay and some nice reveals (Remedy's new game looks really neat). Ghosts of Tsushima

• edited June 2018

Yeah I thought Microsoft had the better press conference this year just by a bit mostly because a bunch of the games they showed off are games I can actually play on PC :p

strwar3 posted: »

But did Sony killed this year's E3? I think Xbox brought more to the table than Sony.

• edited June 2018

because a bunch of the games they showed off are games I can actually play on PC :p

Well I'm glad Xbox won this year's E3! Xbox brought it ,baby! Sure Xbox and PC will share games together,but Xbox showed better presentation with games I am looking forward too. Cyberpunk 2077 was shown at Xbox conference than Sony conference (which is interesting they showed at Xbox).

Yeah I thought Microsoft had the better press conference this year just by a bit mostly because a bunch of the games they showed off are games I can actually play on PC

• edited June 2018

What are you talking about? You’re saying listening to what people want and actually giving them clearance on elder scrolls 6 being the worst person to make video games ever? Or the fact that he listened to people when they said back in fallout 4 that they wanted co op in the game so he made it multiplayer? You call morrowind bad? Oblivion and Skyrim bad too? All of which are complete masterpieces. You call creating a massive game for mobile devices AND making it free for all players being a bad game dev? Only because you don’t like online games? Jesus what have gamers come to? ? if you don’t want to buy it then fine but calling him a bad dev for making a single multiplayer game, well there’s no logic behind it.

Plus when you called it a battle royale, were you even listening to the stream? ?? how is it a battle royale ??? it’s a generic multiplayer game where you have a chance of running into other players, not something where you go looking for people to see who wins in the end. You’re also saying he’s worst than Sean Murray? The man who lied to everyone about everything? Sure. They’re trying something new, but people are still complaining cos they want the same game over and over.

• edited June 2018

"Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game."

The Resident Evil 2 remake is third person confirmed. This second trailer they released also confirms it. Great! Now I'll probably play it :P

• Oh yeah. It's going to be a true remake.

Incidentally, the original RE2 remake that Capcom stopped(yet still invited that team to their HQ), DAYMARE 1998, is coming out supposedly in Q3 this year.

"Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive a

• Sony's conference had a REALLY bumpy start but delivered the best they could in every way afterwards. I'm excited for every game shown, but not equally on all fronts. No there's one game I'm excited for the most. Xbox definitely won E3 unless Nintendo goes balls deep, but I don't really care about that.

I care about Capcom. Because this year Capcom won my fucking heart. I have been waiting for REmake2 for three years now. I've wanted a good DMC game for 5. I've wanted a new true to form Mega Man game since I was 10.

And now I'm getting all 3. Everything I ever wanted. Xbox can have E3. Capcom won to me.

• When I first joined this website, I was 12 years old and emo. I just got on summer break and am about to be a senior in high school - I just registered for my SAT.

I feel so old.

• edited June 2018

I saw one of those “Only military brats will understand” videos and something that popped into my head is me, as an Air Force brat, trying to explain where I’m from. I didn’t move very much (only twice) while my dad was active duty (he retired when I was 11) but I was thinking about it.

People: Where are you from?

Me: Well, I was born in Japan. But my parents grew up in Florida and I spent most of my life in Virginia. But my mom is originally from Connecticut and my dad’s family is from New Mexico and Alabama.

Me: So, basically, yes.

Still isn’t as bad as some people I know who lived in like 10 different countries by the age of 11.

• Also, my little sister is claiming to be an Air Force Brat.

Me: Dad literally retired before you were born. You have never lived on base in your life. He wasn’t deployed when you were born. You have never been on a base lockdown. You don’t know The LifeTM.

I saw one of those “Only military brats will understand” videos and something that popped into my head is me, as an Air Force brat, trying t

• I have been to three weddings. All three couples are now divorced.

Maybe, I'm the problem.

• How about, I remember when you joined at age 12, and in the same time you've undergone a tremendous transformation, I've pretty much been the same this whole time. That's what being old is really like. ;)

When I first joined this website, I was 12 years old and emo. I just got on summer break and am about to be a senior in high school - I just registered for my SAT. I feel so old.

• edited June 2018

Wait, Daymare. Is that a remake of RE1.5?

EDIT: Never mind. I just read up on it. I understand now.

Johro posted: »

Oh yeah. It's going to be a true remake. Incidentally, the original RE2 remake that Capcom stopped(yet still invited that team to their HQ), DAYMARE 1998, is coming out supposedly in Q3 this year.

• My God, I’m getting old! That would explain my constant pain in my joints! ?

WarpSpeed posted: »

How about, I remember when you joined at age 12, and in the same time you've undergone a tremendous transformation, I've pretty much been the same this whole time. That's what being old is really like.

• Alright, well now I know not to invite you to my wedding.

I have been to three weddings. All three couples are now divorced. Maybe, I'm the problem.

• I wouldn't. I didn't even think about it until this morning, when a friend announced their engagement.

Alright, well now I know not to invite you to my wedding.

• At the reception, find a couple of the shady people and start putting money down on if/when the couple gets divorced. They don’t, then you aren’t the problem. If they do, you could be making some money.

I wouldn't. I didn't even think about it until this morning, when a friend announced their engagement.

• as funny as it sounds...

I still feel bad about telling a friend that her relationship wouldn't work out. She took it jokingly, but they got married 3 years later...and divorced 5 years after that. :/

there are times where being right, doesn't feel "right".

At the reception, find a couple of the shady people and start putting money down on if/when the couple gets divorced. They don’t, then you aren’t the problem. If they do, you could be making some money.

• I’m gonna be flying a plane in a few weeks

• oh no not you /s

Melton23 posted: »

I’m gonna be flying a plane in a few weeks

• How many weddings haven't you been to?

I have been to three weddings. All three couples are now divorced. Maybe, I'm the problem.

• edited June 2018

If I had registered to this forum when I was 12, I wouldn't want to return... Mainly because I was even more obnoxious, unfriendly, weird, stupid, awkward and anti-social than I am now...

And if I got my math right (and I hate math), you're a couple of years younger than me... SO DON'T YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING OLD!! Just kidding. :D

Some days I feel like a child, and others I feel elderly...

EDIT: This wasn't meant to be an attack on you... just in case it seemed that way. I was stating how I was as a child. I have no idea what you were like when you were 12.

My God, I’m getting old! That would explain my constant pain in my joints! ?

• Oh, I know someone who's old but still acts like they're seven. Likewise, I know someone else that is of a similar age and has changed so much in only a few years time. Being able to change has nothing to do with age.

And... if you don't mind me asking... how old are you, @WarpSpeed?

How about, I remember when you joined at age 12, and in the same time you've undergone a tremendous transformation, I've pretty much been the same this whole time. That's what being old is really like.

• Thank you for bringing it up.
    So, four of my other friends have had weddings during our relationship. Weddings that either I wasn't invited to(It's expensive, so I understand keeping them tight) or were so far away that I couldn't make it.

All four of those couples are still married.

How many weddings haven't you been to?

• And... if you don't mind me asking... how old are you

I never come out and say it, only give hints. Here's today's hint. The anniversary of the first manned moon landing is coming up in a little over a month. I saw it live. Or so I'm told.

Oh, I know someone who's old but still acts like they're seven. Likewise, I know someone else that is of a similar age and has changed so mu

• edited June 2018

Well it's been 49 years since Apollo 11 and you saw it live but were too young to remember. That would put you somewhere in your early 50's. I'm guessing 53-54? :P

And... if you don't mind me asking... how old are you I never come out and say it, only give hints. Here's today's hint. The anniv

• Me every time I go into a Star Wars thread.

• So...Incredibles 2 was disappointing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.