The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited June 2018

If only Dreams was given more of a showcase at E3.
    This right here -- A Live Concert of Dreams' music and animation processes in action -- If Sony showed this at their conference, I'm sure they'd have garnered plenty more praise and attention.
    The little bits in between -- while cool -- seemed really swept under the rung with all the other stuff they were showing. (I'm sorry to all the performers but,) Instead of all the live music, they really should have shown this.

EDIT: Okay, now they probably used more than one PS4 (maybe?) to get all these different gigs one after another, but this is just INCREDIBLE!

• Omg I’ve just seen this reply, and yes I do remember us talking! I haven’t been that good as of recently (family member passing away) but I do miss these forums a lot now that I think about it!

Acheive250 posted: »

Hey, long time no talk (we used to talk, right?) How've you been?

• Pizza time

AChicken posted: »

I'm just watching Spider-Man 2. Haven't seen it in ages (and when I did, I'd rewatch that train scene over and over and over again).

• Ba dum ba dum
    Ba dum
    Ba dum ba dum ba dum
    Ba dum ba duuuuuuuum

• Pink Panther?

lupinb0y posted: »

Ba dum ba dum Ba dum Ba dum ba dum ba dum Ba dum ba duuuuuuuum

• What’s the whole point of discord?

• edited June 2018

Yup

Pink Panther?

• yay

lupinb0y posted: »

Yup

• haha someone bumped the old weaboo thread. That brought back memories.
    I miss some of those folks, like D10. Some... Not so much...Like the most UNselfconscious author I've ever known. Not to name names...

• Like the most UNselfconscious author I've ever known. Not to name names...

Well shit. Now you have my interest.

Johro posted: »

haha someone bumped the old weaboo thread. That brought back memories. I miss some of those folks, like D10. Some... Not so much...Like the most UNselfconscious author I've ever known. Not to name names...

• Maybe this cam break it down for you

Dex-Starr posted: »

What’s the whole point of discord?

• edited June 2018
  • Yeah, this Aunt May is the best Aunt May. Old and wise, but badass too

Yeah the another new Aunt May is just young and hot looking and not a badass but more like a joke. Which is very very very SAD!

I'm just watching Spider-Man 2. Haven't seen it in ages (and when I did, I'd rewatch that train scene over and over and over again).

• Speaking about Spiderman(who is cool and awesome)I couldn't even get behind a Mary Jane and Peter Parker romance relationship. I just couldn't enjoy it,sorry but when I see Mary Jane acting a little too annoying. It makes wonder why I am okay with a new romance like Felicia Hardy. Like look it from this point! She is Black Cat which is One,Two she is a fighter and does shit and Third,she develops a bit of a romance for Peter Parker in the comics and I kinda like it how she comes of has interesting,but already we are getting Mary Jane all over again. Like COME ON!!!!

• edited June 2018

• edited June 2018

Attention, Citizens of the EU!

Have any of you heard about ARTICLE 13??

Much like Net Neutrality, this could have large ramifications in controlling the wide web you see every day, and it won't be through the many ISPs this time.
    [insert evil theme song]

In all seriousness, this isn't good.
    The EU recently voted in favour of this new Copyright Law, and it's mostly to unify the copyright laws across all members of the Union and update them to new Internet standards (the previous EU-internet laws were founded in 2001).
    What it boils down to is that it would control and prevent what can be seen on the internet, and make you have to jump through copyright hoops and licences to get content approved, and mostly control what can and can't be shared. It'll be widespread censorship. So, totally not what the internet is all about (creative, easy, wide place for people to share ideas, content, code, etc.)
    basically, think of it as Youtube's Copyright ID system but for the whole internet.
    And considering this is the internet I'm talking about, and this is a games website, of course I'm going to focus on the lifeblood of the internet-dwellers: memes.

Yes, the EU is going to take away the memes of @Poogers555.

So, how do we stop this?
    Well, much like NN of last year, there are campaigns going on. --> saveyourinternet.eu <-- is a good place to get informed and start.
    The article has been approved by the European Parliament's Legal Affairs Committee, and now moves on to the Members of the European Parliament. The vote happens on July 5.

...Kinda just realized I'm talking about the EU, not the UN and I'm Canadian so I can't really help, now can I? Well, just trying to spread the good word of the Web. :blush:
  • After the repeal of Net Neutrality, I'm convinced that these fuckers are going to jump through any hoops necessary to make sure your say on the matter doesn't mean shit.

Still, good to say we at least tried I guess and who knows it might actually work this time.

Attention, Citizens of the EU! Have any of you heard about ARTICLE 13?? Much like Net Neutrality, this could have large ramifications

• On a lighter and way more unrelated note than what I just posted, the more I see of Tetris Effect, the more I want this premium stack-athon. (To be fair, that E3 teaser totally hooked me from the start) Sure, I've played the free games of old, on my Nokia phone, iPod Touch and the like, but this is a whole other beast.
    My favourite touch has to be the gorgeous Menu screen and the syncing of music and notes to the Tetris board.

[not-so-good player] Tetris Effect b-roll

[GODLY player] A Tetris expert plays Tetris Effect for the first time

• Damn, that is mesmerising.

On a lighter and way more unrelated note than what I just posted, the more I see of Tetris Effect, the more I want this premium stack-athon.

• edited June 2018

[Insert 'Goosebumps' theme song]

• EU =Republic like Star Wars They mistreated The Separatists Alliance Systems(Europeans who meme for Love,Justice and Freedom). I feel bad for the Europeans,but the EU sucks anyway!

Attention, Citizens of the EU! Have any of you heard about ARTICLE 13?? Much like Net Neutrality, this could have large ramifications

• Calling all mods! Curious to know which users have the most posts, created most threads and have the most comments.

• Our mod tools don't give us access to that level of hard data, but we could spitball guesses if you would want that. :p

Clemenem posted: »

Calling all mods! Curious to know which users have the most posts, created most threads and have the most comments.

• Are you comparing real life to Star Wars?

strwar3 posted: »

EU =Republic like Star Wars They mistreated The Separatists Alliance Systems(Europeans who meme for Love,Justice and Freedom). I feel bad for the Europeans,but the EU sucks anyway!

• A little bit

Are you comparing real life to Star Wars?

• Of course. Do your very best

Our mod tools don't give us access to that level of hard data, but we could spitball guesses if you would want that.

• To create disharmony.

Dex-Starr posted: »

What’s the whole point of discord?

• edited June 2018

Anyone recent up to coolsome levels yet?

Edit: Oh. Probably if we include the new Games Forum.

Our mod tools don't give us access to that level of hard data, but we could spitball guesses if you would want that.

• Nevermind. People are WAY above that now. I guess starting a thread a day and posting 20 more comments is more common these days.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2018

It was especially common around the Walking Dead Season 2 era of the forums, both because of the high volume of activity and because of the threaded comments. (Mainly in the Walking Dead section though; the Telltale Talk section was squared off away at the bottom because of the previous forum layout.)

Nevermind. People are WAY above that now. I guess starting a thread a day and posting 20 more comments is more common these days.

• edited June 2018

Spent my day off taking care of my car and home. Boy, being an adult is fun.

P.S. I can tell you whom has the fewest created threads. Hint: They have feline ears, a tail, and no thumbs. :D

Funfact: Practicing the Japanese "R"(it sounds similar to "D") with "deredere" just sounds like you're doing a shitty JAWS theme impression to others.

• edited June 2018

I did it! I finally bought a Switch and I got Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 along with it! :)

• I watched Train to Busan last night. It's a Korean zombie horror movie, and boy was it one freaky zombie movie.

Zombies were fast and spastic, there were a large number of them in the film, and there were always "attacks" going on across the country, so it was never a sure sign where the last safe place would be.

The movie's mostly about people stuck on a train with zombies who really love to jump at your neck.
    I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. It was good, tense, and your typical "action zombie horde" movie, only faults were some inconsistencies in the Zombies' actions in one scene vs. another, a few moments of out-of-place-looking CGI, and how some characters were pretty dumb in the beginning of the movie. No one ever thought to close a door behind them for a long while.

I'd highly suggest you watch it though. It was a fun, albeit scary and tense watch.

• Damn this looks awesome

• I loved this movie. The zombies really freaked me out and I felt so bad for the characters by the end.

some inconsistencies in the Zombies' actions in one scene vs. another

What were the inconsistencies?

I watched Train to Busan last night. It's a Korean zombie horror movie, and boy was it one freaky zombie movie. Zombies were fast and spa

• How is everyone doing? I'm back.

• Welcome back. Studies go well?

AronDracula posted: »

How is everyone doing? I'm back.

• I finished all of them. Now I'm waiting for the results. There is one that was really hard for me and I'm praying to get at least a mark that lets me pass.

Welcome back. Studies go well?

• Also, right before I returned, I just bought God of War and I'm starting to play it now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.