The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited July 2018

Time sure flies by, can't believe it's already been 3 years since Satoru Iwata passed away :( I wish he was here to see the Switch's success.

This video does a very good job going through Iwata's life and his impact on the industry.

Thank you for everything, Mister. Iwata.

• same dude

lupinb0y posted: »

Me everytime I see Star Wars discussed on here.

• As an Irishman, I'm sorta happy England lost tonight in the world cup. Still, they played well, in fairness to the fellas.

• edited July 2018

Got a notification about a reply on Reddit, so I obviously clicked on it. The page didn't load, so I exited out and went back in. As it turns out there's no trace of a new reply though. Spooky.
    Eh, just something weird that I wanted to mention...

Edit 7/12: Wow I was tired last night. That was news worthy? Ehehehe [facepalm]

• To anyone here who plays Dead by Daylight, is anyone else having trouble joining matches?

• I could really go for some butterfly shrimp with fried crab sticks, fried rice, and french fries

• Am I the only one who is shaking my head on that stupid criticism on Cyberpunk 2077 for being a FPS game? What is wrong with people hating on First Person camera? Call of Duty isn't even the game that turned the FPS into a game trend.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited July 2018

The fact that the card itself is the queen of spades, yet the queen on the card is holding the 2 of diamonds is really cool. Kinda makes you think which card you're actually holding

This card is part of the Observers deck, which was limited edition, and is no longer available in his web store. You probably wouldn't want them anyway, seeing as how they were $600.

• What is wrong with people hating on First Person camera?

People hate it cause you can't go back to first person and third person camera. I don't care about it,but I just want a good game. Since it is from CD Project Red? It kinda had ppl mad? Because The Witcher series had third person view instead. So ppl are picking. I am not.

I can't wait to play Cyberpunk 2077.

AronDracula posted: »

Am I the only one who is shaking my head on that stupid criticism on Cyberpunk 2077 for being a FPS game? What is wrong with people hating on First Person camera? Call of Duty isn't even the game that turned the FPS into a game trend.

• It makes it more ridiculous with the fact that many people used first person more than third person in Fallout games.

strwar3 posted: »

What is wrong with people hating on First Person camera? People hate it cause you can't go back to first person and third person cam

• Yeah and the problem now with Fallout series? Is that the romances are interesting,but with no sex scenes or nudity. I kinda think that something new like Cyberpunk 2077 will push me to love a new franchise (new franchise to me).

AronDracula posted: »

It makes it more ridiculous with the fact that many people used first person more than third person in Fallout games.

• Nothing special about this one, it just stands out to me is all.

• The voice acting and dialogue in Kingdom Hearts 3 burns like a thousand suns.

• ♪Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me!♩

The voice acting and dialogue in Kingdom Hearts 3 burns like a thousand suns.

• edited July 2018

Lol fuck.

Just found out two of my friends broke up and from what I've gathered it wasn't exactly amicable. It happened like a month ago but they've managed to keep it quiet. The thing is, i'm closer to one of them than the other and I don't know if I should try and console the other or not (ask if they're alright and all that jazz). I don't know if that makes me sound overly privy or something.

• Play Simple and Clean in their company.

Lol fuck. Just found out two of my friends broke up and from what I've gathered it wasn't exactly amicable. It happened like a month ago

DabigRG posted: »

Play Simple and Clean in their company.

• edited July 2018

Oh shoot, because of the two posts beforehand, I thought this was the Kingdom Hearts thread--My bad!

• Yeah.....

• D'aww, that's cute!

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/XUmKYmR.gifv

• If they've been quiet for a month, you probably should, too. They'll drop hints if they want support.

Lol fuck. Just found out two of my friends broke up and from what I've gathered it wasn't exactly amicable. It happened like a month ago

• If only the puppies took over all the police departments. Then no one would have hated a cop.

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/XUmKYmR.gifv

• So, apparently the reason the AI in Aliens Colonial Marines was so shit was because of a single typo in the game's files. A single fucking letter...

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/all-this-time-aliens-colonial-marines-stupid-ai-may-have-been-caused-by-a-single-typo/?__twitter_impression=true

Here's an explanation from the modder who has made it his mission to overhaul aspects of the game:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul/news/the-biggest-bug-in-the-game-is-just-one-letter-long

A new update will be coming soon with this change included, however after getting reports back from several players on how much this effects the game, I just had to post it now

Inside your games config file (My Document\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\PecanEngine.ini) is the following line of code :

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather

Im sure you'll notice the spelling mistake

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTether

If you fix it to look like the above and then play the game, the difference is pretty crazy!

Why is this line important? There are two reasons :
    1) AttachXenoToTeather doesn't do anything. Its basically empty or stripped
    2) AttachPawnToTether does ALOT. It controls tactical position adjustment, patrolling and target zoning

When a Xeno is spawned, it is attached to a zone tether. This zone tells the Xeno what area is its fighting space and where different exits are. In Combat, a Xeno will be forced to switch to a new tether (such as one behind you) so as to flank, or disperse so they aren't so grouped up etc. (disclaimer this is inferred opinion, I cant see the actual code only bits)

Whenever the game tried to do this, nothing happened. Now it does!

A single fucking 'a'... I can't even...

• edited July 2018

I got a question,well a movie question? Do you think their should be better respected Witch movies about Witches and their Wiccan Mythology along with Creator Grandma Hecate(birth mother of the Witches and Witchcraft and Necromancy).

I think most often I want see more movies that show that side of them instead the typical paranoia movies about Witches,sorry it's true. Btw? I am not talking about Harry Potter or Fanastic Beasts and Where to find them. I am talking about more representation of them in a more interesting approach and to bring up the inquistion and the witch hunts they went through.thoughts?

• edited July 2018

Ubisoft has been really cracking down super hard on the toxic R6: Siege players. Good.

I was sick of hearing people saying and typing racist ass shit everytime I went on a game.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited July 2018

Is anyone here from London? I was watching this youtuber who lives in a house with other people, renting out one of the rooms. I believe they share other parts of the house with the others such as the bathrooms,kitchen(s), living room, dining room etc. Does anyone know what that's called exactly? What parts of London would you find those in, and what kind of people usually live in them?
    cough cough @Plan_R @dylanwoods777

• edited July 2018

It's either a hostel or a dorm. Not from the the UK so I wouldn't know where to find one.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Is anyone here from London? I was watching this youtuber who lives in a house with other people, renting out one of the rooms. I believe the

• edited July 2018

Nvm, delete this comment.

• edited July 2018

So last night a friend of mine, a lady, came home from vacation, and the power was completely out in her place, she was having problems with her phone so she couldn't call, only text.

So she says she's crying, because it's her birthday, she's been on a plane for 22hrs, it's hot, she's thirsty, and hungry. While we can't talk we still text until 5 in the morning.

One of the stray cats in her neighborhood comes by while she waits for a repair man. I am unable to go see her because my truck isn't working and I have no money for Uber, but if I had I'd be there in a second, which I explain to her.

Specifically, one of my roommates parked his truck literally right behind mine after parking this trailer beside it, and it completely blocked me from being able to get in or get out. I had no idea where he kept his keys so I could move his truck so I can get my own truck out of there, but then again you don't move something of somebody without their permission, that isn't respectful.

She then texts me and says that even the stray cat has left her. Her and I, aside from being friends I've also been intimate with each other for 7 months, and I do deeply care about her. And I feel so bad that she had to go through that on her birthday. And even worse that I couldn't be there in person to comfort her.

So when she told me even the cat left her I texted back: "I'm still here. I wish I could be there in person."

She didn't respond for a while, so I asked her if she was crying, and then said: "You know I'm here for you, right?"
    She still hasn't responded.

Now I don't know how most people would take that last line, but when I said that to her I really did mean it, and I wanted to make sure that she knew I meant it. I do deeply care for her very much, and I would be there for her in any capacity.

If I'd had been able to get to her, I'd have been there in the blink of an eye!

But because of how that last line can be perceived, did it possibly come off as me just being there out of a sense of obligation?

Or did it just sound completely phony, and I was trying to just save face?

( I'm asking because frankly none of that occurred to me, how those words could have been perceived, until after I had sent them. In the moment, all I was doing was trying to be a comfort to her, and wanting her to know that I care about her and that I was going to be there for her in any way that I could.)

• I finished the original Half Life. It was good but it was just a simple First Person Shooter with an okay story. The gameplay is fun but it kinda gets old. I'm refunding the game because I have no interest in replaying it, but I will get into Half Life 2, sooner or later.

• I am from Ireland but how did you know I was from around that region? :smile: Anyways I am not really sure what it is exactly called. But I know that those types of people are close and they have been friends for quite a while. I am sorry that my explanation isn’t really good

Is anyone here from London? I was watching this youtuber who lives in a house with other people, renting out one of the rooms. I believe the

• edited July 2018

Starting to feel that I don't like games anymore....idk if I want to embrace it or not...getting excited for games to come out only to play it 1 hour then dropping it for weeks....I swear I'm not 50 ?

• Communicating purely through text can cause some troubles since much of the inflection is left to the imagination. Even texts sent with only good intentions can be easily misconstrued as a veiled insult.

It's hard to guess what she thinks of your text when we don't really know much of what she's like personally. Does she seem like the type that isolates herself when under enough stress? Some people don't like to talk with others when they're depressed because they don't want to drag anyone else's mood down with them.

I wouldn't put my bet on her taking offence from your text given your relationship with her. Unless she's trying to look for something that could be taken as disingenuous in it I'm sure she knows that you truly care. If you're still worried that she did take it that way, you can always take the first chance you get to either call or go see her in person to try to clear the air and console her. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for you to reconcile with her If she did feel slighted by the perceived tone of your text.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

So last night a friend of mine, a lady, came home from vacation, and the power was completely out in her place, she was having problems with

• how did you know I was from around that region?

You used the word “junket” in a thread once and I searched it up and saw that it stems from those areas

I am from Ireland but how did you know I was from around that region? Anyways I am not really sure what it is exactly called. But I know th

• Honestly I can't remember saying junket :lol: I think that is the first time I heard of it. I may have typed a comment wrong and it turned out like that but that is fairly odd......

how did you know I was from around that region? You used the word “junket” in a thread once and I searched it up and saw that it stems from those areas

• edited July 2018

Well actually I do know something about her, in some ways quite a bit, or at least I think I do. Let me explain!

She has a tendency to be very sarcastic, sometimes downright rude, in other words bitchy, something she almost seems to take pride in. And she is very tough and independent.

But I think honestly that that's all a front, she's is someone who has been hurt a lot in life, and therefore very emotionally guarded, and is a very lonely person, with serious self-esteem, and trust issues.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Communicating purely through text can cause some troubles since much of the inflection is left to the imagination. Even texts sent with only

• Oh I didn't mean you didn't know just that we didn't know her enough to guess why she was ignoring your texts. Based on that description, I want to say she's just embarrassed that she broke down like that and didn't want you to continue seeing her like that.

She doesn't want to give off the impression that she's weak, so I'd say it's best to let her believe she can soldier through it until she asks for your help.You don't want to present yourself as an emotional crutch because that would insult her. That doesn't mean you shouldn't show support (and it doesn't mean treating her as tough means being rude to her), but she needs to let down her walls herself when she feels comfortable doing so. It might mean letting her bottle things up for a time but eventually she'll want to find some outlet for her emotions, and that will most likely be you considering how close you two are.

Of course, you know her better than me, so use your best judgement when trying to console her. Trying to support someone in an unstable state is almost like saving someone from drowning, you have to use good judgement

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Well actually I do know something about her, in some ways quite a bit, or at least I think I do. Let me explain! She has a tendency to be

• Is there, like, a movie thread r sumthing for, discussing, like, movies an stuff? lol

• Be the change you want to see.

Is there, like, a movie thread r sumthing for, discussing, like, movies an stuff? lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.