The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• There have been various threads, both for movies in general that year, as well as threads for individual movies. Feel free to make your own or bump an older thread you find if you have something new to discuss.

Is there, like, a movie thread r sumthing for, discussing, like, movies an stuff? lol

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Those would be called a flat share or a house share and can be found in other parts of the UK apart form London but i think they are more common in large cities, the rent for them can sometimes work out cheaper depending on the area so people with a lower income or students will often use them.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Is anyone here from London? I was watching this youtuber who lives in a house with other people, renting out one of the rooms. I believe the

• but, like, that is sooo much pressure and responsibility n stuff for one person! that would be huge inconvenience for me. and I have a manicure at 4, soooo... ummmm priorities

lupinb0y posted: »

Be the change you want to see.

• UUUUUUGHHHHH now a mod is suggesting the same thing!!! well, if it would make me popular then i may consider... i dunno

There have been various threads, both for movies in general that year, as well as threads for individual movies. Feel free to make your own or bump an older thread you find if you have something new to discuss.

• edited July 2018

I know there is a TV show thread that was last active two months ago... I guess that's not really a place for MOVIES, but I bet @Achieve250 would be happy to oblige.

UUUUUUGHHHHH now a mod is suggesting the same thing!!! well, if it would make me popular then i may consider... i dunno

• Naaaaaaw, you know me so well. If it is a movie thread you want, then it's a movie thread you'll get.

(Also, you spelled my username wrong. My name has a typo, your spelling is too magnificent.)

I know there is a TV show thread that was last active two months ago... I guess that's not really a place for MOVIES, but I bet @Achieve250 would be happy to oblige.

• edited July 2018

oh, it's Ach-eiiii-ve. Got it :+1:

Acheive250 posted: »

Naaaaaaw, you know me so well. If it is a movie thread you want, then it's a movie thread you'll get. (Also, you spelled my username wrong. My name has a typo, your spelling is too magnificent.)

• edited July 2018

Only one eye, but yeah.

(TheotheronewasstabbedwithaglassshardfromthisgirlthatsnuckintomyhouseanddiscoveredmycollectionofseveredheadsandnowitsfuckedsoIjustwearaneyepatch)

oh, it's Ach-eiiii-ve. Got it

• yaaaaaay thank you! that is a huge relief! now oyu can all see what is soooo important that i want to talk abut!1!!1!! 1!!!

Naaaaaaw, you know me so well. If it is a movie thread you want, then it's a movie thread you'll get. (Also, you spelled my username wrong. My name has a typo, your spelling is too magnificent.)

• Finally got around to watching The Incredibles 2, and it's pretty damn good. Being an uncle really gives the film a different perspective than I did way back when the first film was released, and I kept seeing my nieces in Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack's character.

My only complaint is that the plot is basically a role-reversal of the first film, but it didn't dampen my experience with the second film. I'm hoping to see more of other superheroes as well if a third film is planned.

• I'm played 10 minutes of Half Life 2 and it's already better than the first game.

• edited July 2018

Impromptu Guardians time!
    I finally figured out the menu music of GOTG, and where it's from.
    The song "Livin' Thing" appears in the main menu of the game and at a few key points throughout the series. The game credits the performers as ELO, but the "Livin' Thing" featured in the game is just slightly different than the actual song you'd find upon a simple search.
    There are tiny differences in vocals and length of notes, and instruments used (the GOTG one uses more of a guitar in the front.)

I have deduced that this version is the "2012 Version". Yes, it's by ELO as said but Telltale did not indicate that it's a remastered version.

Listen to both tracks and try to figure it out yourself. I think I've got this one right, finally...

Livin Thing Original

Livin Thing 2012 Version

GOTG Menu music

This is something that's had me stumped for a while, but I finally got it! ...I think!
    (yeah this isn't the Guardians section but that one is dead and my post there won't get any attention so I figured I'd spread it to outsiders too)

• It sounds nice to me. My first thought would be she either gave up and went to sleep, or if her phone was so bad off she couldn't call, the texting might have finally given out, too. (If the battery died, she'd have no way to charge it back up with the power out.) Anyway, you could follow up now if you haven't already, with a "Hey, did your power get fixed?"

Kenny/Lee posted: »

So last night a friend of mine, a lady, came home from vacation, and the power was completely out in her place, she was having problems with

• Listening to all 3 at the same time (or at least a few seconds beyond) is...demonic.

Also, what about the version in the credits? Is it just the game version with the first few notes?

AChicken posted: »

Impromptu Guardians time! I finally figured out the menu music of GOTG, and where it's from. The song "Livin' Thing" appears in the main

• Name girls prettier than them.

• Come on! You can't tell me she doesn't pull it off!

  Perfection

Name girls prettier than them.

• I watched this movie, Get Out and surprisingly, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

• She was in Alice: Madness Returns

Come on! You can't tell me she doesn't pull it off!   Perfection

• I mean, I won't deny that they're pretty, but I wonder what they look like without makeup...

Name girls prettier than them.

• edited July 2018

The credits LT is the same as the one in the main menu.
    Telltale only licensed the 2012 version out. (Which is no problem with me, since I think I prefer that version more! It's got more soul to it, I think... It's softer.)

Listening to all 3 at the same time (or at least a few seconds beyond) is...demonic. Also, what about the version in the credits? Is it just the game version with the first few notes?

• The thing about Half-Life... is when it came out.
    Yes, everything about it is a mediocre FPS. But it introduced half of the mechanics which are now standard and considered mediocre.

HL2 took it to 11 and is still one of the best FPS ever made.

AronDracula posted: »

I'm played 10 minutes of Half Life 2 and it's already better than the first game.

• edited July 2018

HAHAHAHA FUUUUUUUUUCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Just got a time change on one of my classes. It's now gonna start at 8AM. Which means I'll have to leave my apartment by 6AM because it takes me about two hours to get to campus from where I'm staying. Which means I'll be waking up at 4AM because I need time to fully wake up, wash up, get changed and make breakfast.

I also have a lecture on Wednesday 9AM then a FOUR HOUR GAP before the next class. I would skip it but the lecture isn't being recorded because of copyright reasons.

On the bright side after contacting some people I managed to get my marks re-reviewed on the class I failed on and managed to pass it by just three marks. So no having to retake that class for me.

• Uhh, hey Psycho... You, like, feelin' sane? You've been, like, acting off lately... Should I, like, y'know, kinda like, call the police, or like, the monkies or... Something?

yaaaaaay thank you! that is a huge relief! now oyu can all see what is soooo important that i want to talk abut!1!!1!! 1!!!

• Hey what's new guys :* :* :*

• There's no pic of the Amandla without makeup

I mean, I won't deny that they're pretty, but I wonder what they look like without makeup...

• Ah yes, the Duchess.
    Gotta love how she went from sneezing her head off to giving you the pepper grinder as a weapon in exchange for peppering random pig snouts.

She was in Alice: Madness Returns

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited July 2018

If anyone has Dead by Daylight for PS4, and has an All Hallows' Eve Lunchbox they can spare, please contact me asap, as I need it badly. It's rare, and I've only come across it twice this month. I tried letting other survivors who had it die first so I could take it, but the first person who had it disconnected from the lobby. The second time I actually got my hands on it after letting someone die, but I got camped and died, so I didn't get to keep it.

• Has anyone played Manhunt 2? I've been playing it recently and am curious to know peoples thoughts

• I forgot how weird that game was

DabigRG posted: »

Ah yes, the Duchess. Gotta love how she went from sneezing her head off to giving you the pepper grinder as a weapon in exchange for peppering random pig snouts.

• It's Alice in Wonderland. Comes with the territory.
    And even then, there's some degree of correlation and plot going on anyway.

I forgot how weird that game was

• edited July 2018

Oof. Regardless of how Rise of the TMNT looks (I personally like the art style) and all its other complaints, this intro is insanely good looking. Just really incredibly well animated. But that song needs more kick and excitement if that makes any sense.

• edited July 2018

You're asking if a psycho is feeling sane...?

Yes, I think you should like the monkies; you don't want to get on their bad side. I've been there before...

Uhh, hey Psycho... You, like, feelin' sane? You've been, like, acting off lately... Should I, like, y'know, kinda like, call the police, or like, the monkies or... Something?

• Nathan Fillion is really good in this. Shame we'll probably never get to see something like this on the big screen.

• Who's a better character Connor from D:BH or Cole Phelps from LA Noire. Been up all night thinking about this

• That kept you up all night...?

Clemenem posted: »

Who's a better character Connor from D:BH or Cole Phelps from LA Noire. Been up all night thinking about this

• Comma!! Notice the comma!

"Come on, let's go!"
    "Hey, Mark. You see that really big, weird stature?"
    "Hey, should I call, like, the monkies?"

Commas are useful in making sure your meaning isn't lost during the text-to-voice translation.

You're asking if a psycho is feeling sane...? Yes, I think you should like the monkies; you don't want to get on their bad side. I've been there before...

• Hey, don't judge me m8. I don't ask what gets you off

That kept you up all night...?

• Connor, of course. While the voice actor who played Cole did a better performance, Connor is insanely badass in many ways.

Who's a better character Connor from D:BH or Cole Phelps from LA Noire. Been up all night thinking about this

• Hmm...

Versus

Connor wins this one for me.

• Can someone order pizza for me? If you do it, you'll receive a mystery box, one that could contain a multitude of prizes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.