The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• hey so mods feel free to delete this because of self advertising or what-evs if you want but i poured my heart and soul into this and i'd like to get it out there so i can get some constructive criticism and feedback.

i've been at work for a while on this video and during the production of it my life completely fuckin plummeted into the seventh circle of hell and on top of all that my editing software is hot garbage but i finally finished it yesterday and i'm kinda proud of it because this is the first video i've ever made i didn't automatically hate the second i uploaded it. it'd be nice if you checked it out, left some feedback, preferably some constructive criticism so i can improve, in the comments. i also made a twitter thread about my creative process behind the video and i left it in the comments section so if you're interested in that there you go.

• Self promotion for stuff like YouTube videos/etc (within reason) is fine for long time members, so you're good. :)

hey so mods feel free to delete this because of self advertising or what-evs if you want but i poured my heart and soul into this and i'd li

• thanks for the clarification my man <3

Self promotion for stuff like YouTube videos/etc (within reason) is fine for long time members, so you're good.

• OOF

Acheive250 posted: »

Comma!! Notice the comma! "Come on, let's go!" "Hey, Mark. You see that really big, weird stature?" "Hey, should I call, like, the monkies?" Commas are useful in making sure your meaning isn't lost during the text-to-voice translation.

• What do you guys think of this new Broly? Based on the trailer, I think he's learned self restraint to a degree. You can see how he waits for Goku to attack first, and gets ready by entering a fighting stance. Maybe he learns to control his Ki?

• i think as long as toriyama is working on the story and the first 3 broly films get retconned i'm gonna like it a lot. been a fan of dragon ball since i was 10 so i'll undoubtedly enjoy myself no matter what, but it'd be nice if this movie isn't "good for a dragon ball fan" and just stops at being a good film, maybe even great.

also simplistic bouncy goku with no advanced shading is best goku fight me.

Dex-Starr posted: »

What do you guys think of this new Broly? Based on the trailer, I think he's learned self restraint to a degree. You can see how he waits for Goku to attack first, and gets ready by entering a fighting stance. Maybe he learns to control his Ki?

• Some pics of his new design

• Broly's change is interesting. He's probably gotten stronger too. But for some reason, his appearance changed too. I guess the animators just decided to change his look.

What do you guys think of this new Broly? Based on the trailer, I think he's learned self restraint to a degree. You can see how he waits for Goku to attack first, and gets ready by entering a fighting stance. Maybe he learns to control his Ki?

• I like his new look more than his old one. He really looks like a warrior.

He's probably gotten stronger too

Only if he learned to control his ki, which me most likely did, otherwise the outcome of this movie will be no different from the old ones. He looks like he's gained self control, so maybe he learns to control his ki as well. If that's the case, he might have power that goes beyond blue.

Broly's change is interesting. He's probably gotten stronger too. But for some reason, his appearance changed too. I guess the animators just decided to change his look.

• edited July 2018
  • Well, it sounds louder than it did on my phone that one night.

But yeah, it barely sounds like a song with music half the time. The general "ch'dew ch'dew" sound could be softer, for one thing.

lupinb0y posted: »

Oof. Regardless of how Rise of the TMNT looks (I personally like the art style) and all its other complaints, this intro is insanely good lo

• "--Including the pizza!"

Can someone order pizza for me? If you do it, you'll receive a mystery box, one that could contain a multitude of prizes.

• "Earth has Goku" :lol:

So this is that new animation in action, huh? Can't help but notice that Goku looks like he doesn't belong in that background.
    Though his little warmup made me think he was about to do this

• At least it's better than any of the recent EA titles. No microtransactions and free DLC.

AChicken posted: »

Thank you Sean Murray. Finally. https://www.twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1019235424261361665

• I liked it! Not sure if that's a good thing or not. :)

hey so mods feel free to delete this because of self advertising or what-evs if you want but i poured my heart and soul into this and i'd li

• I finished Half Life 2 and all I have to say is that it's not just one of the best sequels but also one of the best games I've played. It's better than the original in every way, I thought Half Life 1 was kind of a mediocre FPS, maybe it was good for its time but it's not good anymore in this generation IMO.

I will get into the expansions as well but I'm wondering, why did they make it episodic? Why wasn't the original game (HL2) called Episode 1? Was it like a prologue?

• That was really good! It was well edited, nothing sounded scripted and it was pretty funny as well. However, my big gripe with your video is that at some points I just straight up cannot understand what you're saying because you mumble a bit at times (there are very few of these moments though). Best example of this would be at 4:05, just right after you say "so they opted for updated tracks".

Other than that, keep up the good work. :smiley:

• Yeah mumbling is definitely a common thing people are telling me I did with the video. I'll definitely make future efforts to improve that. Thanks!

That was really good! It was well edited, nothing sounded scripted and it was pretty funny as well. However, my big gripe with your video is

• Aw yeah! I knew you had a YouTube channel somewhere... I just forgot what it was called and in retrospect I probably should have just asked you damn it.
    Anyway, thanks for sharing it! (both because now I can finally sub to you for future stuff and because it was a really good video!)

Yes, it was a fun one! I don't really know the resident evil series too much (apart from 7), but you explained your opinion of it really well!
    I will agree with Lupinb0y above that you do mumble your words a bit when talking fast, but I think part of that can be chalked up to the microphone quality, and nothing really to do with yourself.

I look forward to more!...
    Whenever that may be.

• Actually, on second thought, I think you should call the Monkey People...

Acheive250 posted: »

Comma!! Notice the comma! "Come on, let's go!" "Hey, Mark. You see that really big, weird stature?" "Hey, should I call, like, the monkies?" Commas are useful in making sure your meaning isn't lost during the text-to-voice translation.

• Whenever that may be.

well the gap between actual full on videos (not including memes or updates) between this one and the last one was August 30th 2017 to July 17th 2018.

so yeah about a year if we're keeping tradition.

jokes aside i do plan to get a video out by august so i can immediately spend the next few weeks working on a halloween video because i sure do love me some good ol hallows eve specials. next one is gonna be a lot less jokey and more "i love the thing i'm talking about so i'm gonna be emotionally invested in the video", but i still intend to work just as hard.

AChicken posted: »

Aw yeah! I knew you had a YouTube channel somewhere... I just forgot what it was called and in retrospect I probably should have just asked

• Yeah, monky people help.

But for me or you?

Actually, on second thought, I think you should call the Monkey People...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited July 2018

I'm wondering, why did they make it episodic? Why wasn't the original game (HL2) called Episode 1? Was it like a prologue?

The original reason they made it episodic was so they could release the sequels faster (or so they claimed), i seem to remember the sequel was originally going to be called "aftermath" but they decided to spit it into episodes which actually took longer.

I can't post too much because of spoilers but i'm sure you will really want episode 3/half life 3 after finishing both episodes 1&2.

AronDracula posted: »

I finished Half Life 2 and all I have to say is that it's not just one of the best sequels but also one of the best games I've played. It's

• Well, bad news is that I already know how it ends because I wasn't expecting myself to play Half Life that soon. But I don't know the rest of the game though.

OzzyUK posted: »

I'm wondering, why did they make it episodic? Why wasn't the original game (HL2) called Episode 1? Was it like a prologue? The origi

• Here it is. The cutest fucking thing I've seen in a while. My heart hurts.

• omggggg~ <3

Here it is. The cutest fucking thing I've seen in a while. My heart hurts.

• I wonder what everybody's YouTube channels they like? Me? I like Sargon Of Akkad, Phillip Deflanco,Mundanematt, RedLetterMedia,Gaming channels too like IGN, Perviously Recorded(RedLetterMedia's gaming review and gameplay channel),Internet Today,and I think they are some more I want to share. But I have to go to my birthday breakfast and Dinner with my gf. See ya!

• They had me won over when they said that Aaron Ehasz was working on it, Justin Richmond (Uncharted 3) is an added bonus. Ehasz is best known for his work on Avatar: The Last Airbender, serving as head writer across all 3 seasons of the show, writing some of it's most famous and acclaimed episodes. While credit is given often to the show's creators, a lot of Avatar's success is attributed to his contributions. I am definitely looking forward to this.

• Me after seeing the newest Walking Dead: Final Season teaser.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited July 2018

She got hard-scoped.

Me after seeing the newest Walking Dead: Final Season teaser.

• Why does it look like she got shot in the head?

She got hard-scoped.

• Are you asking me "Why, does it look like she got shot in the head?" because you want to know if that's what I think, or are you just asking "Why does it look like she got shot in the head?" in general. I'm at a loss.

AronDracula posted: »

Why does it look like she got shot in the head?

• I just finished Half Life 2 Episode 1. It was surprisingly short. Is Episode 2 going to have the same length?

• In general

Are you asking me "Why, does it look like she got shot in the head?" because you want to know if that's what I think, or are you just asking "Why does it look like she got shot in the head?" in general. I'm at a loss.

• For anyone who played Shadows of Evil in BLACK OPS III, doesn't Floyd(boxer) remind you of the new brawler guy in BLACK OPS IIII?

• Cue foreshadowing! I can feel it! Oh shit!!

She got hard-scoped.

• Lol at the people getting super mad about Ubisoft banning people being racist on R6: Siege. Even saw a comment saying "cursing and using slurs is part of being a gamer".

I guess I'm not a gamer then.

• Better than no-scoped

That bullet may not have killed her, but the dankness would

She got hard-scoped.

• ♪Dora, Dora, Dora--the Explora♩

Here it is. The cutest fucking thing I've seen in a while. My heart hurts.

• "cursing and using slurs is part of being a gamer"

:joy:

Lol at the people getting super mad about Ubisoft banning people being racist on R6: Siege. Even saw a comment saying "cursing and using slurs is part of being a gamer". I guess I'm not a gamer then.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.