Bring Back Conrad In The Final Season

edited July 2018 in The Walking Dead

Only around 5% of people had Conrad live to episode 5 in A New Frontier. It's time Telltale rewards my loyal army of deal takers by including a Conrad cameo in The Final Season.

I had to make this banner in Pixlr sorry it looks terrible.

Telltale may forget about Joan and Clint. Telltale may forget about Kenny's hat. But Telltale must not forget about Conrad. Telltale, this is your chance to prove that our choices actually matter. Bring back Conrad in TFS for the people that had him live through all of A New Frontier. For years our choices from previous seasons have been forgotten, but TFS is clearly going for the nostalgia factor. So why not bring back Conrad?

Come on everyone, show your support!

Tagged:

Comments

• You said it yourself, only 5% of people had Conrad survive all the way through ANF. I doubt TellTale would want to allocate development time and money (gotta pay artists, modelers, programmers, voice actor, etc) to a reference that so few players will actually see, and considering most of the vocal people here on the forums would prefer pretend like ANF didn't exist, that's probably just gonna further deter them from adding him.

• edited July 2018

Hey, 5% or not, he still has the right to be optimistic without people crapping on his hopes. I guess I'm also in that 5% because on one of my several ANF plays, I decided to keep him after originally killing him during my 1st time playing it. With that said, do I care to see Conrad return? Eh, I'd prefer to see the Garcias, Lilly, & Christa but who knows exactly what they have in store? I wouldn't be against a cameo from ANY character from the previous season.

You're certainly right on the aspect that Telltale would have to allocate additional development time and money (artists, modelers, programmers, voice actor, etc) to reference him, but they have to do this anyways with several other characters we've yet to see, the cigar smoker has a crew we haven't seen yet. For all we know, the first 10 minutes that was missing from that trailer could include him for the flashback cameo, kinda like S2 immediately picked up from S1 before doing the timeskip.

Also, just because the most vocal of the unthinking majority on this forum want to pretend like ANF never existed and claim it wasn't canon when it is, it happened and it's going to get explained and mildly referenced in TFS whether they want it included or not. Just eye roll and keep playing along like the rest of us that enjoy TWD.

& the people here continuously groaning about ANF are just like the actual crowd of people who were oddly hoping the Whisperers arc would get skipped on the show. It's just illogical nonsense from people with nothing better to do than pretend to be the Yelp Critics of Entertainment Media, get over it, dude. I know this is wishful thinking but I hope Telltale explains Virginia falling due to a Whisperers invasion to give the finger to both crowds of haters. LOL

You said it yourself, only 5% of people had Conrad survive all the way through ANF. I doubt TellTale would want to allocate development time

• edited July 2018

cant wait for the secret ending where Conrad Rides in on a horse to save Clem and the other teens with wellington ending Kenny and Luke by his side. ((But in all seriousness it would be a cool cameo to reward the people who kept him alive considering him and David were the only interesting characters in ANF.))

• edited July 2018

Detroit Become Human did it, so why not Telltale? Small details are important.

You said it yourself, only 5% of people had Conrad survive all the way through ANF. I doubt TellTale would want to allocate development time

• Still haven't played it but I swear if you guys keep name dropping it on this forum I'm going to have to fill the time until 8/14 with it.

qualityrice posted: »

• That would be:

UrbanRodrik posted: »

cant wait for the secret ending where Conrad Rides in on a horse to save Clem and the other teens with wellington ending Kenny and Luke by h

• I've not played that game but I know a little about it and I'm gonna assume you're referring to events and characters in one story affecting or showing up in another story, and that makes sense because all of those stories are running concurrently and are meant to overlap, from what I know of it. They're all also contained within the same title, meaning it's less of a commitment to reuse characters for cameo scenes than it would be if it were a sequel title. TFS is an entirely different situation. You're not just adding a few lines of dialogue to a voice actor already on contract, you're having to bring an actor back, or recast him, which means you have to negotiate a contract just for a few lines. You also have to completely remake his model in the new engine; you can't just recycle it and modify it a bit. It's a lot more work to bring someone back for a cameo in a sequel than to add a small cameo scene in a game they're already a big part of.

• edited July 2018

What I meant was that the developers of Detroit put in HUGE efforts for small details and choices that matter, even though not even 1% of the players saw it, things like that show that the developers care. Yes, it would take effort to bring back Conrad, but you can either go through all that effort and really satisfy many players (even 1% would be a LOT of players) or you can say "That would require a lot of work" and just don't do it, the devs of Detroit decided that it would be worth the extra effort. Just saying that "Eh only 5% of players has that character alive" shows that you don't really care about making the product as good as it can be, just because you don't want to put in extra effort. I hope Telltale can show that they aren't like this, finally.

There was a choice in Detroit I made which had an impact a looong time afterwards and it was a pain to get there, but when I finally got that scene with the character that I managed to save, I was like "Wow, that is truly amazing" which is why details are important.

I've not played that game but I know a little about it and I'm gonna assume you're referring to events and characters in one story affecting

• I agree that it would be a very nice bonus for those players that kept Conrad alive. If I seem like I'm arguing against it, I'm not. What I am saying is I don't think they'll do it because of the extra work involved in bringing him back like that, considering so relatively few would even see him. I have a feeling that's why the Kenny/Jane flashback scenes were so shittily done, because comparatively few people would see either of them so no sense spending a lot of time on them. Per the wiki, which may or may not be completely accurate (idk where else to get the numbers from), 47.1% of players ended up with just Clem and AJ at the end of season 2, 21.4% ended up with AJ and Kenny, and 31.5% ended up with Jane and AJ. Nearly half of all players wouldn't get either flashback scene so they probably didn't feel like spending any more resources on either of them than they absolutely had to. I feel like they'd treat Conrad the same and being that so few would even be eligible to get a Conrad cameo, they just wouldn't bother with it at all.

What I meant was that the developers of Detroit put in HUGE efforts for small details and choices that matter, even though not even 1% of th

• edited July 2018

the new engine

Not picking sides here but people keep saying it's a new engine. It's not a new engine. It's still the Telltale Tool.

I've not played that game but I know a little about it and I'm gonna assume you're referring to events and characters in one story affecting

• Which like the engine that Bethesda uses, has been updated and modified over the years. It may have the same name but it's basically an entirely different thing.

the new engine Not picking sides here but people keep saying it's a new engine. It's not a new engine. It's still the Telltale Tool.

• Yo Caroline, do us a solid and pass this on to the team
    Next beer on me

• If telltale truly wanted to make "choices matter" they could have small details and even characters such as Conrad make a determinant appearance in S4, but is telltale....

• Gonna go ahead and finally give a comment on this inkling.

Honestly, there's not much reason for Conrad specifically/alone to come back compared to other characters, within Richmond or without. It may or may not hinder that his dynamic with Clementeen just kinda...stopped being a thing, lessening the impact of having him come back from her/the player's perspective.

On another note, Joan and maybe Clint are among the characters that would've made sense with the "Journey to Find AJ" premise, but have no place in TFS that's been set.

• edited July 2018

Hell no, that would be such a waste of resources and screentime. There are so many other characters I would rather see return that are way more relevant than Conrad, who less than 5% of players actually had survive the season. Not to mention he lives in New Richmond now so it would make no sense to find him traipsing around in the woods.

• yeah like kenny from wellington ending , clem better talk to aj about kenny and give his hat cause kenny delivered and named him.

• edited July 2018

To be fair, the devs of Detroit did that all in one game, not even though only 1% of people saw it. They had no idea how many people would see it, and had to account for any possibility. They didn't do anything extra after the game. All the choices that matter in QDs games only matter in the game, because they don't do sequels. They do everything in one go, and never have to worry about bringing back this or that to account for decisions made in the previous game, it's not a really good comparison.

As for Conrad, if we have to see a character from ANF, then I hope it's him. I'm in the 95%, I wouldn't have to be reminded of the game in this case.

What I meant was that the developers of Detroit put in HUGE efforts for small details and choices that matter, even though not even 1% of th

• Honestly, if they brought Conrad back and not Javi, I'd be pretty pissed about it.

• Yeah I don't think they will do it either. Hell, they don't even want to bring back the Garcias so why Conrad?

I agree that it would be a very nice bonus for those players that kept Conrad alive. If I seem like I'm arguing against it, I'm not. What I

• As much as I love Conrad, I don't think he has much of a reason to be in Clem's story. If he were to make an appearance I could only see it if Javi were to have a cameo but that already seems to be unlikely (unfortunately)

• Yes, bring him back and have an option to let him die in each episode as well. That'd be great.

• Conrad was probably one of the only characters I actually liked in A New Frontier so bringing him back if only for a 2 minute cameo would be pretty damn cool

Sign in to comment in this discussion.