The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• But was he a commercial fisherman catching mackerel and dolphin? (side note: is dolphin an acceptable plural of dolphin? Dolphins is used, but so is dolphin, isn't it? [side side note: dolphin is a funny looking word])

I was playing golf yesterday and I was paired up with this other gentleman. He had a mustache, wore a hat, said he recently purchased property down in Florida, and his name...Kenny.

• I don’t know.

I’ve always said dolphins.

Yes it is.

But was he a commercial fisherman catching mackerel and dolphin? (side note: is dolphin an acceptable plural of dolphin? Dolphins is used, but so is dolphin, isn't it? [side side note: dolphin is a funny looking word])

• edited July 2018

That's a great accomplishment! :)

I'm 19 and most of the people I hang out with are 30+ or married with kids! :grinning:

Johro posted: »

So far I've been accomplishing my goal of going out more and making new friends. Doesn't sound like a true "goal"? Wait til you're in your mid 30's, your friends are mostly all either married or moved away, and see how you feel.

• Finished OITNB a few hrs ago. Anyone else? Also, young carol is hot

• I used to do that when I was 10. B) I just wanted to play games and talk about TV shows online and it's true that you don't get harassed as much when you're a "guy".

Dex-Starr posted: »

What girl would do that? Only an old, lonely basement dweller would do such a thing. Or a horrendously unattractive girl.

• Going for a walk in the rain is a good one. :D

Acheive250 posted: »

Hey, I need some suggestions on something... What are some fun activities for a couple to do that isn't too hard on the wallet? Becaus

• Well, now that I know you're a girl.......... :D :D :D :D jk
    I've seen what being an open girl on the internet leads to, just look at randytaylor69

I used to do that when I was 10. I just wanted to play games and talk about TV shows online and it's true that you don't get harassed as much when you're a "guy".

• edited July 2018

Ughhh, I'm going to see Skyscraper even if I don't want to but my parents love Dwayne Johnson.

EDIT: And yep, just like I figured, it was nothing but a mediocre action film. Great cast, forgettable characters.

• You can use both, but I believe it sounds better to say Dolphins till it starts to sound weird to use for a large group. For me, the plural with the s starts to sound weird at 10 or more.

"There are 5 dolphins in the pool."
    "There are now 8 dolphins in the pool."
    "There are now 10, eh—dolphin in the pool."

But was he a commercial fisherman catching mackerel and dolphin? (side note: is dolphin an acceptable plural of dolphin? Dolphins is used, but so is dolphin, isn't it? [side side note: dolphin is a funny looking word])

• Guys, quick question. Is Nioh worth buying if I love the Souls games, especially Bloodborne?

• It’s ok a few things to note

1. Instead of an open world you just do semi linear missions in areas which isn’t bad but you revisit several areas and not all are that interesting

2. The combat is the best part and very fast paced like bloodborne

3. Imo the story and characters are just so boring and forgettable so if you’re expecting some super deep story, don’t bother.

So basically it’s gameplay is inline with bloodborne but the areas, story, and characters aren’t even half as good. Hope this helps.

AronDracula posted: »

Guys, quick question. Is Nioh worth buying if I love the Souls games, especially Bloodborne?

• I'm afraid because I might get bored of it very fast cause the concept doesn't look very interesting. Well I wasn't interested in Bloodborne as well before I bought it.

Umbassabro posted: »

It’s ok a few things to note * Instead of an open world you just do semi linear missions in areas which isn’t bad but you revisit sever

• https://www.facebook.com/OnlyinDuval/videos/2006110719420049/

If you wanna watch a man run with a gator for beer, do I have a surprise for you.

• Holy shit, GameTheory just launched the funniest use of Filthy Frank I've seen.

• I found a baby birb fam ?

• Judging by your profile picture, I would naturally assume you've played the dishonored series, right? What do you think about Delilah and her backstory? Do you think her actions were justified?

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I found a baby birb fam ?

• Adorable!

• Naaaw. You really are a bird person!

(Rick and Morty reference totally unintentional)

• I've played through the first and second games, some of the DLCs and I never finished DOTO.

Tbh I barely remember Delilah's backstory but without looking it up wasn't she basically cheated out of the throne by the empress and that is the main reason why she wanted to overthrow Emily? There's probably other details I'm forgetting but I often play Dishonored games with a "judge, jury and executioner" playstyle and I believe I killed her. As far as I recall her actions were understandable but inexcusable.

Judging by your profile picture, I would naturally assume you've played the dishonored series, right? What do you think about Delilah and her backstory? Do you think her actions were justified?

• edited July 2018

What a cute little bird. I hope you can raise it until it grows up. It's gonna need bugs.

• You know what's awesome...having dental surgery where they numb your mouth so much you start speaking like Daffy Duck.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2018

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/how-an-ex-cop-rigged-mcdonald’s-monopoly-game-and-stole-millions/ar-BBLbJzN?ocid=spartanntp

This is an incredible read. Fascinating, compelling, something that would be a great TV show or movie. I highly recommend reading this McDonald's scam story.

You know what's awesome...having dental surgery where they numb your mouth so much you start speaking like Daffy Duck.

• it's aight i guess. much like lords of the fallen and the surge you definitely feel how heavy the souls influence is, which is a bad thing since it tries too hard to be the genuine article that it just doesn't feel right to play sometimes. nioh is probably the best out of those 3 games by far as it's pretty wacky and fun but serious and challenging as well. personally i'd say go for hollow knight and salt & sanctuary instead. those games take inspiration from the souls games while also being their own thing entirely, and they are fantastic games. i've been playing salt & sanctuary a lot lately.

AronDracula posted: »

Guys, quick question. Is Nioh worth buying if I love the Souls games, especially Bloodborne?

• That sounds painful.

You know what's awesome...having dental surgery where they numb your mouth so much you start speaking like Daffy Duck.

• Well because of the numbing agent, it's not. Without it, yes it is extremely painful as they are drilling a hole and implanting a post into your mouth, and in a few months, after it heals, will put a crown on top of it. The surgery was about 10 hours ago and I still can't feel my lip where the numbing agent was. Probably won't be back to normal until tomorrow. I love the guy who does it, but he goes crazy with the numbing agent sometimes.

DabigRG posted: »

That sounds painful.

• I understand the feeling. Hope it wears off quickly and you recover soon....

• I was put to sleep when I had a molar removed.

• My boyfriend convinced me to watch Coco with him this morning (I had wanted to watch A Cure for Wellness instead since I prefer horror/thriller movies), and I'm glad I gave it a chance. It was a really cute and heartwarming movie. :)

• Can anyone recommend some good TV Series' or Movies to watch? I love to watch comedy/ action shows so if you guys have any suggestions please feel free to share them with me :smile:

• edited July 2018

Ouugh, sounds really weird.

I had a few teeth removed a few weeks ago due to overcrowding. They put me under for the surgery, and apparently, I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic as they administered it through the IV drip. (I don't have any allergies, so that was a surprise to them) As I drifted off to dreamland, I felt this warm feeling spread through my right arm and leg, it felt good so I thought that was perfectly normal. It wasn't, and my skin actually started to swell.
    Not entirely sure how they fixed it, but I had no idea it ever happened to me when I woke up later.

Hope you feel better soon, my jaw was numb for most of the day too, and I could barely feel the gauze I was supposed to bite down on for most of the day. It was weird.

Well because of the numbing agent, it's not. Without it, yes it is extremely painful as they are drilling a hole and implanting a post into

• edited July 2018

I would just like to make a Rest in Peace post for Telltale's most beloved characters
    Ramsay "The Charmer" Bolton

https://orig00.deviantart.net/902c/f/2016/210/a/5/ramsay_by_ertacaltinoz-dabtu1z.jpg

His enthusiasm and playful nature always made things interesting for anyone lucky enough to cross his path

William "Billy Boy" Carver

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/6/6b/NGB_Carver's_Body.png/revision/latest?cb=20140829185012

Always made sure his people were safe and secure even at the cost of his own face

The Unnamed Stranger

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/8/81/NTL_Stranger_Choked.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/720?cb=20140330084239

Abducted Clementine with good intentions and gave his life to protect her

The Crooked Man

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VYD5rkMhs5E/maxresdefault.jpg

A man of small means but a powerful intellect. Fabletown shall unfortunately never see his like again

Winston

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/b/b0/ATR_Winston_Killed.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/720?cb=20131217215550

Jesus, Are you fucking kidding me?!

• Just saw Mission Impossible - Fallout. Amazing! First 15 minutes had a thing that made me audibly laugh for like 30 seconds. The stunts! Man, seeing Tom Cruise break his ankle was worth it! And Henry Cavill's mustache - fantastic. He was great too, Justice League wouldn't have be fixed if he shaved it.

Highly recommend it. I think it'll go down as one of the best action movies of this decade.

• That doesn't sound good, glad to hear you're alright. Also, you'll be happy to know I'm about halfway through with my Episode 2 of ANF review, and all of the necessary recordings I need are done, so videos should be uploaded on a much quicker basis.

AChicken posted: »

Ouugh, sounds really weird. I had a few teeth removed a few weeks ago due to overcrowding. They put me under for the surgery, and apparen

• Hands down the best video game cutscene of all time

• Alrighty!

That doesn't sound good, glad to hear you're alright. Also, you'll be happy to know I'm about halfway through with my Episode 2 of ANF review, and all of the necessary recordings I need are done, so videos should be uploaded on a much quicker basis.

• Ugh, I frickin' hate this peace of shit summer, fucking 36°C/96°F outside in Berlin right now... I sweat like a damn pig...

• au contraire, my friend.

Hands down the best video game cutscene of all time

• hell yea dude, coco is genuinely my favorite pixar movie in years. super glad your boyfriend got you to check it out.

My boyfriend convinced me to watch Coco with him this morning (I had wanted to watch A Cure for Wellness instead since I prefer horror/thriller movies), and I'm glad I gave it a chance. It was a really cute and heartwarming movie.

• We must always respect the dead, no matter how vile they were in life...

Clemenem posted: »

I would just like to make a Rest in Peace post for Telltale's most beloved characters Ramsay "The Charmer" Bolton https://orig00.deviant

• No, what I means is I've had a numb mouth/lips before and legit sounding/talking like Daffy seems like it'd irritate the lips.

Well because of the numbing agent, it's not. Without it, yes it is extremely painful as they are drilling a hole and implanting a post into

Sign in to comment in this discussion.