Where is my free ToMI Season DVD?!

Hi!
March 16. i ordered the free ToMi Season DVD. I got a confirmation, and order ID. The cost for shipping, was drawn from my VISA. However i haven´t seen a flimpse of the DVD. How Come? :confused: No information has been given about order out of stock. Was it shipped at all?? I want what i payed for.

Magnus
Norway

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Mr.Brush wrote: »
    Hi!
    March 16. i ordered the free ToMi Season DVD. I got a confirmation, and order ID. The cost for shipping, was drawn from my VISA. However i haven´t seen a flimpse of the DVD. How Come? :confused: No information has been given about order out of stock. Was it shipped at all?? I want what i payed for.

Magnus
    Norway

The DVD was a preorder. It will be shipped when the DVD really is available. You should also get another email once it finally ships.
  • edited April 2010
    I know it was a preorder, but i had hoped Telltale would finish it by now?

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/tomi-season-standard-dvdhttp://

Nothing is Yo-ho-ho about my order... Feels like a long time since season 1 was finished. How hard can it be to put the five episodes on a DVD? Does anybody have a date for the finished DVD?
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Hello Mr Brush and others

In addition to putting the final episodes on the DVD, there's additional new content for the disc (behind the scenes commentary and such).

DVDs should be coming your way in the very near future.

Thanks for your patience.

- Joel, Telltale
  • edited April 2010
    Great! Thanks!:)
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks for asking Mr. Brush. I was thinking the same thing today!
  • edited April 2010
    your disc is probably out there somewhere waiting to be printed and have Monkey Island content burned onto it.... does it know the epic awesomeness that it has in store for it? probably not... right now its just a blank disc sitting in a warehouse hoping it doesnt become an America Online disc that some kid will make into a CD fish craft in a kindergarten class
    adityafish.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    your disc is probably out there somewhere waiting to be printed and have Monkey Island content burned onto it.... does it know the epic awesomeness that it has in store for it? probably not... right now its just a blank disc sitting in a warehouse hoping it doesnt become an America Online disc that some kid will make into a CD fish craft in a kindergarten class

Now I'm going to buy an extra copy of TMI so that I can do that to it.
  • edited April 2010
    Don't do that to Tales!
  • edited April 2010
    Hi, It's April 2010 and I'm still waiting for my ToMI DVD; can I have an update on when it will be delivered?

thanks!
  • edited May 2010
    Me too! The waiting sucks
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    Me too! The waiting sucks
    It could be worse - you could be waiting for True Blood season three and get mocked by HBO with posters and video clips all stating "Waiting Sucks"... :D

np: Neotnas - Milan (Intelligent Toys 6.1: We)
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, but they said they would ship in late April. And Telltale aren't even explaining why, we're just being left in the dark.
  • edited May 2010
    They never said that. They said "Spring, probably late April." Note the word "probably". It's obvious that the discs haven't hit the warehouse yet, otherwise they'd still be shipping.

And it's still Spring. Er, Autumn over here, but you know what I mean.
  • edited May 2010
    And Telltale aren't even explaining why, we're just being left in the dark.

Telltale has provided regular status updates about the disc. Joel commented in this very thread about the extra content that's been prepared for it -- sounds like a valid explanation for the delay to me! :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Telltale has provided regular status updates about the disc. Joel commented in this very thread about the extra content that's been prepared for it -- sounds like a valid explanation for the delay to me! :rolleyes:

Then why did they leave the bonus content so late?!? Surely you'd have the disc done when you start advertising it on your site...

You buy it off Telltale for the free disc but you pay a shitload for shipping and then it takes forever to show up.
  • edited May 2010
    Then why did they leave the bonus content so late?!? Surely you'd have the disc done when you start advertising it on your site...
    Not really. They specifically said it was a preorder, meaning you can buy it before it's finished. Like with Sam & Max Season 3, you could buy that too before the first episode was released. It's pretty common.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Not really. They specifically said it was a preorder, meaning you can buy it before it's finished. Like with Sam & Max Season 3, you could buy that too before the first episode was released. It's pretty common.

Yeah, but it was delayed because of all the bonus stuff, not digital stuff but the maps and voodoo cards etc.

And it said April. I just feel a bit miffed. I thought it would be 3-4 weeks tops, including shipping. Not this.
  • edited May 2010
    1) They never said April
    2) As stated it was a pre-order
    3) It had to go through LA for approval. That takes time.
    4) After that it has to be assembled.
  • edited May 2010
    Got an email 07.05: The DVD copy of Tales of Monkey Island is on track to ship by the end of this month, along with the new Monkey Island merchandise and the Deluxe Edition! If you haven't picked it up yet, now's the time to buy.

Guess its shipping this week?

Only problem is that i´m moving from my student-apartment, and going home for the summer. Does anybody know where to change the address in the order? :rolleyes:
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Mr.Brush wrote: »
    Got an email 07.05: The DVD copy of Tales of Monkey Island is on track to ship by the end of this month, along with the new Monkey Island merchandise and the Deluxe Edition! If you haven't picked it up yet, now's the time to buy.

Guess its shipping this week?

Only problem is that i´m moving from my student-apartment, and going home for the summer. Does anybody know where to change the address in the order? :rolleyes:

The best way to do it: e-mail Telltale support at support@telltalegames.com.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks. :) Thought it might be another editing option.
  • edited June 2010
    you are lucky I have gotten nothing but I am guessing maybe b/c I added it later? dunno. but its getting closer!
  • AMGAMG
    edited June 2010
    I ordered "Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase" and "Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel" on March 12th and by now I'm afraid the next time I'll be talking about it, I'll also have to add the YEAR. :(
  • edited June 2010
    How many times do people have to repeat this?

IT WAS A PRE-ORDER!! IT'S ONLY STARTED SHIPPING ABOUT A WEEK AGO!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »

Does Telltale send an email when an order is shipped? I don't really care how long it takes to get my DVD, but I sometimes have "package reception" issues at my end that can be avoided if I have some advance notice.
  • edited June 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Does Telltale send an email when an order is shipped? I don't really care how long it takes to get my DVD, but I sometimes have "package reception" issues at my end that can be avoided if I have some advance notice.
    yes they do. Also the statur of your order changes. Check your status:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/mytelltale/purchases
  • edited June 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    yes they do. Also the statur of your order changes.
    Good to know, thanks.
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Yes, I know how to check status from my Telltale account page, but I don't want to have to check there every day for a shipment that might or might not happen soon. ;)
  • AMGAMG
    edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »

You are correct, of course. However, I pre-ordered (or ordered at the first possible date) every (Sam & Max) Season DVD so far and IIRC it never took more than a couple of weeks for them to actually ship it. I am aware of the fact, that it was nothing more than a guess, that it therefore would be a similar time frame again - still, in the future Telltale should maybe consider to open pre-ordering only, when they actually have a delivery date in sight. The world doesn't end because of it, but it's kinda extreme, when I consider that it would have taken 4 months for this package to reach me, if they would ship it right now (and they haven't). Seriously, that's really a huge chunk of time! Again, I don't plan on overly criticizing Telltale, but I would really wish, that they don't take pre-orders, 4 months before they can start shipping. I'm quite sure that everyone thought of ~4 weeks maybe (for the package to ship), when clicking the purchase button. So I'm not surprised that so many people are wondering now where their stuff is. Nor should anyone.
  • edited June 2010
    They were already getting bombarded with people asking how they get their free DVD, opening pre-orders just changed people from complaining about the DVD not being available to pre-order to complaining that their pre-order hadn't shipped yet. People will complain about anything and everything no matter what you do.
This discussion has been closed.