Any possible way to use a Telltale Tuesday coupon on Puzzle Agent?

Hello, I was just wondering if it was possible to use a free episode coupon won through Telltale Tuesdays on the new Puzzle Agent pilot. I already own every single Telltale episode made so it would really be the only thing I could possibly use the coupon on, just was wondering if this was possible. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Bump to this. I was wondering the same thing.:D
  • edited May 2010
    Unfortunately, the existing free episode coupons will not work on Nelson Tether's. Sorry.
  • Aargh. Will there ever be anything I can use my Sam & Max coupon on?
  • edited May 2010
    Have you already bought every single Telltale episode released? (TTTexas Holdem, Bone, Sam and Max, SBCG4AP, Wallace & Gromit, Tales of Monkey Island)

If you have... then yeah, the coupon might be wasted. Or you could give it to a friend? Or give it away on the forums for someone else to use...

(I now have bought all of Telltale's games - some with coupons - and thus any more free codes I get will have to be given away....)
  • edited May 2010
    I gave my spare coupon away. Did a little hat draw thing on a forum I frequent, and ended up with a rather happy person, and my good deed for the year out the way.
  • edited May 2010
    @Telltale:

Although it's nice that you give out coupons for single episodes when we buy season packs, you should really look into it that we can actually use them! At the moments I feel actually more cheated, since I cannot use the two coupons I have on anything here.

Allowing us to use the coupons for Puzzle Agent would in my opinion not be too much to ask for.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2010
    ToxicGreen wrote: »
    @Telltale:

Although it's nice that you give out coupons for single episodes when we buy season packs, you should really look into it that we can actually use them! At the moments I feel actually more cheated, since I cannot use the two coupons I have on anything here.

Allowing us to use the coupons for Puzzle Agent would in my opinion not be too much to ask for.

And in my opinion, in would not make much sense from a business standpoint.

I have two questions for you:

1) Do you really own every game that the coupon can be used for (Telltale Texas Hold'Em, the two Bone games, every episode of Strong Bad, Wallace & Gromit, Tales of Monkey Island and the first two seasons of Sam & Max)?

2) Do you know of any company who gives you a coupon for something free that has not been released yet (maybe for some new products that a company thinks you'll buy more of the same once you've tried it, but that's not really how video games work)?

Personally, I have only ever used one of the myriad coupons I've ever gotten from Telltale on myself (I bought Telltale Texas Hold'Em - the one single non-CSI Telltale game I did not own up to that point - with my Talk like a Pirate Day coupon) and bought most other Telltale games for my brother using free and discount coupons.

I'm not saying I would mind being able to use free coupons on future episodes, but I'm certainly not holding the fact that Telltale doesn't allow it against them. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    I have two questions for you:

1) Do you really own every game that the coupon can be used for (Telltale Texas Hold'Em, the two Bone games, every episode of Strong Bad, Wallace & Gromit, Tales of Monkey Island and the first two seasons of Sam & Max)?

2) Do you know of any company who gives you a coupon for something free that has not been released yet (maybe for some new products that a company thinks you'll buy more of the same once you've tried it, but that's not really how video games work)?

To answer your question:
    1) Yes, I own all of them (except for Strong Bad which I wouldn't want if I got money for it) either here on my Telltale account or my steam account.

2) Yes, lots of them actually. Starting from Amazon and most other online retailers, via Steam, Direct2Drive,... - all of them use universally usable coupons, when they give out some (either via some defined monetary value or e.g. a game out of some categories).

There are plenty of examples, since after all these Telltale coupons always were (pre-)order goodies - so to be honest it isn't really a gift, it's a calculated part of an offer to get you to buy a product. It's not a case of them being nice people, it's a simple matter of revenue calculations. And that is how business works.

Also to add to that, the Puzzle Agent game at the moment has roughly the value of a single episode, if you consider the $15 rebate for whole seasons which you can get with the coupon code, it's even worth slightly more. So all in all, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the Telltale guys/gals to allow at least coupons gotten from an order to qualify for the new game.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I get your point but I'm not sure I would compare Telltale (who has released about 30 games) with a company like Amazon (who with millions of items for sale and probably infinitely more customers than Telltale can probably afford to give out some free stuff).

Anyway, after reading your answer to my other question, I would say that this:
    At the moments I feel actually more cheated, since I cannot use the two coupons I have on anything here
    is wrong, as you do not own any Strong Bad game (and therefore you can use your coupons!).
    It's certainly not Telltale's fault that you don't (appear to) like Strong Bad! ;)

Finally, you do seem to get why Telltale is doing what they are doing, as I'm quite positive that you are right when you say:
    so to be honest it isn't really a gift, it's a calculated part of an offer to get you to buy a product. It's not a case of them being nice people, it's a simple matter of revenue calculations. And that is how business works.
    So, to re-quote you, "that is how business works". Sorry that it's not the way you'd like it to work...
    However, I'm pretty sure that you are wrong about one thing: I'd be very surprised if (at least the majority of) Telltale weren't nice people! :p
  • edited May 2010
    To answer your question:
    1) Yes, I own all of them (except for Strong Bad which I wouldn't want if I got money for it) either here on my Telltale account or my steam account.

Why the StrongBad-hate?
  • edited May 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Why the StrongBad-hate?

I got Episode 4 in a Steam special and was very, very disappointed. I neither liked the setting nor the characters. It just isn't for me, I guess (although I know that many people like it very much).
  • edited August 2010
    Ah man, I thought there was finally a game I could use my voucher on here!

Will I ever be able to use this voucher on any future TellTale releases? I was saving it for that... If not, I will just give it away I guess.
  • edited August 2010
    Anom2685 wrote: »
    Ah man, I thought there was finally a game I could use my voucher on here!

Will I ever be able to use this voucher on any future TellTale releases? I was saving it for that... If not, I will just give it away I guess.

Nope. And speaking of people to give it away to... *hint hint*
This discussion has been closed.