The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Getting into a fight with a four year old, who I’m 100% certain has some mental illness of some kind considering he sleeps with fucking knives, and having my skin clawed off of me by him is always tight...fuck yes...

• edited January 2019

The concept isn't necessarily original, but I'm interested in how this time-loop type of plot could be used in a TV format.
    "Russian Doll" Season 1

• Damnit! Remember that Dontnod game announced at E3? "Twin Mirror"?
    I was looking forward to knowing more... Now I don't know what I expected.

Poor voice acting, incessant voice acting, overexplaining, bad lip sync...
    I'm getting some major Alan Wake vibes... But like a poorly made rendition.

• Poor voice acting, incessant voice acting, overexplaining, bad lip sync...

Don’t know why you’re surprised, those all sound like staples of a Dontnod game (cough Life is Strange cough).

AChicken posted: »

Damnit! Remember that Dontnod game announced at E3? "Twin Mirror"? I was looking forward to knowing more... Now I don't know what I expecte

• edited January 2019

Oh, I know.

It's par for the course, unfortunately. Brought to you by your nearest high school drama club.

Oh, Dontnod...

"My old Mind Palace, haven't used this place in ages..." [Shows token abstract floating objects area]

Don't make me laugh.

[Completed puzzle. Shows flashback of previous night.] "I remember it vaguely..." [proceeds to describe in detail what we just saw in the flashback.]

?‍♂️?

Poor voice acting, incessant voice acting, overexplaining, bad lip sync... Don’t know why you’re surprised, those all sound like staples of a Dontnod game (cough Life is Strange cough).

• Based on what I saw, it follows my usual mindset for every Dontnod game: interesting premise, but faulty, and sometimes even hilarious, execution.

Oh, I know. It's par for the course, unfortunately. Brought to you by your nearest high school drama club. Oh, Dontnod... "My ol

• edited January 2019

every Dontnod game: interesting premise, but faulty, and sometimes even hilarious, execution.

gasp I was going to say that!

Remedy seems like their more competent older brother. I get excited and interested, and so far haven't been let down by their projects. Control looks to be cool.

Based on what I saw, it follows my usual mindset for every Dontnod game: interesting premise, but faulty, and sometimes even hilarious, execution.

• Well, in (hopefully) good game developments, Days Gone has promise.
    This is some horde gameplay. Terrifying.

I can envision things like the zombie hordes causing too much strain on PS4s, and generally underbaked or repetitive side content (or even the main story) being possible detractors at launch, but what Bend Studios are going for here looks enjoyable. (that is, if the horde-clearing missions don't become too repetitive).
    If they can iron out possible framerate issues so it plays as close to 30FPS as possible (with 300-500 zombies on screen), it should turn out well.

• Have you guys ever had a dog sit on an object you own, but they had a shot recently, and you go and pick that object up to sniff it? Just me? K cool.

• edited January 2019

Jesus, that main protagonist really needs to shut up. Whose idea was it to have him talk every ten seconds???

I don't understand how Dont Nod still suffers from poor acting and writing.

How on Earth did Telltale, a company that lost money on nearly all of their games damn near always get great voice actors to be in them and had talented writers (that were held back by terrible upper management), but Dont Nod a company that has clearly actually been making money, still can't find any decent voice actors aside from Ashley Burch and is given a ton of freedom with their games considering they're backed by Square Enix, but more often than not fall flat on their writing.

Damnit! Remember that Dontnod game announced at E3? "Twin Mirror"? I was looking forward to knowing more... Now I don't know what I expecte

• edited January 2019

Telltale
    lost money on nearly all of their games
    always get great voice actors to be in them and had talented writers
    held back by terrible upper management

Dont Nod
    clearly actually been making money
    no decent voice actors
    fall flat on their writing
    a ton of freedom

You may have answered your own question... albeit a simple version of the answer.

EDIT: Oops... I see you weren't really asking a question. You were just stating how it's unfair that one company made decent games yet failed and the other did some mediocre, at times terrible work yet succeeded.
    It may have just been the management at fault. (Also keep in mind that Telltale was self-published, so they had to do all the work of making, selling, marketing. DontNod has the mighty Square Enix on their side.)

lupinb0y posted: »

Jesus, that main protagonist really needs to shut up. Whose idea was it to have him talk every ten seconds??? I don't understand how Dont

• edited January 2019

I'm not really talking about fairness. I'm just going on about how confused I am about Dont Nod not seeming to have made any improvement despite their success. The voice acting, animation, writing and lip syncing should have at least seen SOME improvement but it looks like even four years later they've just doubled down on these problems. I know Telltale had their issues as well but like you said, Telltale weren't lucky enough to be backed by a AAA publisher and given pretty much unlimited freedom to make whatever they want. It just gives off this lack of competence.

How do you have this much power, but end up making something that looks like it could be the new Quiet Man (also published by Square Enix funnily enough)?

EDIT
    Looked it up and Twin Mirrors is actually being published by Bandai Namco so it's possible they weren't given as high a budget unlike with Square Enix. But my point still stands.

Telltale lost money on nearly all of their games always get great voice actors to be in them and had talented writers held back by

• I just bought all TFTBL episodes. If TTG is closed, who tf is that money going to??

• Maybe Gearbox/2K Games since they own the Borderlands license.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I just bought all TFTBL episodes. If TTG is closed, who tf is that money going to??

• If you're reading these forums, then Telltale isn't really "closed" just yet. They just fired all their staff. Most of the money likely goes to the investors.

I just bought all TFTBL episodes. If TTG is closed, who tf is that money going to??

• I just finished TFTB and honestly, it’s TTGs best game.

• Agreed. Don't forget to share your thoughts in the TftB section. ;)

I just finished TFTB and honestly, it’s TTGs best game.

• edited January 2019

Found out how shitty my boss is today.

LONG ASS RANT!

So I helped him and another intern take in boxes of water the company ordered and put them into one of the studios. As I finished my job my boss and the other intern entered the room. The intern stayed and my boss looked around for a couple seconds then left. I then went to put in a box I missed and tossed out the empty ones. A few minutes later my boss enters the room and motions for me to follow him and he brings me to the room where interviews are usually held.

Then he gave me a 40 minute lecture because I can't read peoples minds and I didn't instantly do everything people think I should do. First offence, not instantly understanding what was going on when they started moving stuff around. Second offence, asking him things to confirm what I'm doing is right or not. Third offence, he didn't see me put away the one box and the empty boxes therefore I didn't do them.

Best part is when I instantly dispute him with you know... Logic. Like saying you need to tell me what's going on so that I understand what's happening, I've only been here a short amount of time (not even two weeks) I just want to make sure what I'm doing is right and that I already did exactly what he was complaining about he starts shitting his pants, stuttering and tries to pin something else on me.

Then this son of a bitch brings up some I did this morning which is ask whether or not I should be coming into work or not because my name's not on the schedule and he had previously told me that if my name's not on the schedule then I'm off. I asked him while I was on the way to work by the way. Then when I brought up what he said he meant only if my name's not on the schedule on a weekend. Then I said, that's why I called just to make sure and that I was already on the way to work in the first place. I say this three fucking times by the way.

Then he says that I did the exact same thing when I initially started working there and I'm like... "What?"

I didn't remember asking anything like that and was so confused. He proceeds to tell me it's okay if I don't remember, because he does. Especially when it comes to "bad things". And in my mind I'm murdering him five different ways.

He also gives me his famous "this company is like a football field and we are the players" speech which is apparently well known in the office. He also gave me this speech when he first interviewed me for the job.

Once the fucking interview is done I'm left wondering when the fuck I ever asked him about whether or not I should be coming in for work. Then it hit me. He fucking made that shit up.

When we talked a couple weeks ago I asked him if he had any work to give me because I didn't get to do anything on my first day. He somehow fucking misconstrued me asking for work into me asking if I needed to come to work.

I also found out that apparently no one in the building likes him which is hilarious.

Fuck you "boss". I hope the rest of your hair falls out you balding fuck.

I cannot wait to be done with this internship.

• edited January 2019

Best part is when I instantly dispute him with you know... Logic.

He was also disputing with logic, like how a chef who burnt his dish still technically cooked a meal. You didn't want logic though; you wanted understanding and respect. It seems like you're broke for any to give to him too.

(I don't mean to scold you by saying that though.)

He also gives me his famous "this company is like a football field and we are the players" speech which is apparently well known in the office.

Football players are color coded numbers on a shirt; the only parts of the person inside them that matter are the parts that win the game. You're casting anger and stress towards someone who dismisses them as unproductive without accepting accountability for it getting to that point, like pearls to swine.

I also found out that apparently no one in the building likes him which is hilarious.

He probably has taken that in, even if no one told him to his face. I don't know him but sometimes that encourages people to distance their priorities even farther from morale if they never understood empathy. It scares or perplexes them so they hardened themselves against it instead of learning how to manage those skills.

Fuck you "boss". I hope the rest of your hair falls out you balding fuck.

And the world gets a little bit angrier at everyone being angry; burning the entire world as water was just around the corner.

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time though

Found out how shitty my boss is today. LONG ASS RANT! So I helped him and another intern take in boxes of water the company ordered an

• Look it's not like I'm gonna stay mad at him forever, I just needed to blow off some steam. If I don't do that and just hold it all in I would explode.

Plus I've heard other things that continue to pin him as a shitty person (making a co-worker cry, actively delaying work while at the same time giving a long lecture about delaying work) rather than just him being plain unlikable.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Best part is when I instantly dispute him with you know... Logic. He was also disputing with logic, like how a chef who burnt his di

• Welp. Pre-ordered Resident Evil 2.

Can't wait to poop my pants!

• edited January 2019

In the storied history of Major League Baseball, which has seen players like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ken Griffey Jr., and countless others, no one has ever been unanimously voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY...until today. A very huge congratulations to one of the greatest players to ever take the mound, and to one of the most humble and gracious people to ever play baseball, Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees. I can't think of a player more deserving of this achievement. Tonight, I listen to Enter Sandman in your honor, congratulations Mo.

• edited January 2019

No, I never took you as an angry or bad person from how you write on this forum. Anger's infectious; by letting his anger impact you, you extend the damage he does to the people around him. It's a fire meant to destroy so you can rebuild, and it has to be controlled so it doesn't catch onto something or someone you don't want it to. Blowing off steam is good when you don't know how to channel it but sometimes you can't reach a place to vent before you explode, and it won't teach you how to be more skilled in handling it in the future. Anger is meant to motivate you into improving the world, but it can easily blind you and make you arrogantly disregard the consequences under the guise that you're doing the right thing, as your boss is doing.

Yes he probably isn't concerned with being an upright guy, but that doesn't make him malevolent. He's immature and from the football analogy might be desperate to relive some glory days. His bitterness isn't worth catching. Hope that he might learn the error of his ways (since murder won't and shouldn't happen) and don't let him being irresponsible or wild with fire entice you to be too. You're better than that.

Look it's not like I'm gonna stay mad at him forever, I just needed to blow off some steam. If I don't do that and just hold it all in I wou

• I hate myself

• Oh my god for the past 20 minutes I thought I lost you guys!

• Yeah that happens sometimes. Every now and then when I'm on a page or writing a comment, I get that message. Usually I just have to refresh the page and everything is fine.

Oh my god for the past 20 minutes I thought I lost you guys! (Spoiler)

• I haven't gotten that page in months.

Usually, it's just a server communication error message when writing a comment (that's particularly egregious on mobile because it covers the entire screen, and more.) though that just requires a quick refresh.

Yeah that happens sometimes. Every now and then when I'm on a page or writing a comment, I get that message. Usually I just have to refresh the page and everything is fine.

• Yes, a million times yes. This is easily the best TWD season since S1, and depending on how this season ends, I will have no qualms in saying that it's better than S1.

• edited January 2019

It's worth it,better than A New Frontier,maybe better than Season 2 depending on how you liked season 2.

But yeah it's not as good as Season 1,that's just..No.

It's enjoyable and pretty good i guess,so go for it,i kinda lost interest after episode 3 but i'm in the minority so maybe it'll be different for you.

• edited January 2019

Guess what boss fight I reached so far in Dark Souls Remastered? One clue: I'm in Anor Londo.

NEVERMIND!!! Because I just beat that boss in the second try and most people think it's the hardest boss in the game.

• goddamn it, where did I put those penis enlargement pills Today's been a pretty good day for me.

• This movie looks really interesting, and no, I'm not just saying that because James Hetfield of Metallica is in it.

• Been playing Resident Evil 2 and I've been having fun with it. This game has got some big spooks.

• I really feel like I should buy it right now but I'm still waiting for sale.

Been playing Resident Evil 2 and I've been having fun with it. This game has got some big spooks.

• I listen to people on YouTube speaking French because I wish I could speak French ?

• Hands

• I don't understand why people think Bligthtown is the worst place to navigate in Dark Souls 1. Tomb of the Giants is the one that screwed me up big time. I died more than 5 times because of the terrible guide through the darkness and you can't hold your Skull Lantern on your pocket and have just your signature weapons on your hands, I had to use my fucking shield to defend myself from those fucking skeleton monsters, IN THE DARK, especially those fucking wolfman type of those.

• Mr. X just popped up for me in RE2 and now I'm shitting my pants. I cannot believe how much more tension this trench coat fedora wearing motherfucker added to the game.

• edited January 2019

I really hope that Tarsier Studios makes another Little Nightmares game or at the very least another horror game like it. I really enjoyed the world they created and the terrifying creatures that live in it. I'd love to see what other horrible monstrosities they can come up with.

Considering how much attention it got and other media tie-ins it's getting, a four issue comic series that's halfway done and a television series being produced by the Russo Brothers, it'd be a shame if there wasn't a sequel/spin off.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.