The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I feel ya fam, its always weird to have a beard/facial hair for a while and then shave it off, its like being 2 people when you look in the mirror.

After about 3 or so years of growing and maintaining a goatee and mustache, I decided to shave it all off. As much as I liked it, it doesn't

• After about 3 or so years of growing and maintaining a goatee and mustache, I decided to shave it all off.

Whoa no! Got to admit, the mustache and beard was an iconic look of yours (then again it was essentially the only look of yours that I've ever seen). It'll be really weird to see you without it, if ever your new trimmed face gets put on the internet anytime soon.
    I find goatees interesting in terms of facial hair. Can't quite put my finger on why they interest me or seem appealing, but they certainly add an interesting dimension and style to someone's face, imo.

But, yeah, I understand why you had to do it.

After about 3 or so years of growing and maintaining a goatee and mustache, I decided to shave it all off. As much as I liked it, it doesn't

• That's why I always shave Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2, I let him grow his beard for a while in my first playthrough but after a few in-game weeks, he didn't look right, he looked more like a hobo.

Poogers555 posted: »

I feel ya fam, its always weird to have a beard/facial hair for a while and then shave it off, its like being 2 people when you look in the mirror.

• edited February 2019

Look up showusyourarty on twitter. You will get some really interesting looking Arthur Morgans, most of them based around looking as grotesque as possible.

Example one:

AronDracula posted: »

That's why I always shave Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2, I let him grow his beard for a while in my first playthrough but after a few in-game weeks, he didn't look right, he looked more like a hobo.

• OMG, I don't like how he looks with

Tuberculosis

Look up showusyourarty on twitter. You will get some really interesting looking Arthur Morgans, most of them based around looking as grotesque as possible. Example one: (Spoiler)

• edited February 2019

I think I just found New Jersey's new official state song.

Overkill still kicking ass after all these years, I love it, even if my state is a complete and utter shithole (and our hockey team sucks).

• I just finished rewatching Into The Spider-Verse right now because I love that movie so much. It's the very first new movie that convinced me to give it a shot for the second time. Spider-Man has always been my favorite and his very first animated movie is just so watchable. It makes me not want Disney to take the license away from Sony.

• I want a plush of this Pikachu so I can squeeze it, so bad.

• Good thing I decided to refresh the page. I was just about to post this!

Also... that song. Shrek 2 flashback intensifies.

lupinb0y posted: »

I want a plush of this Pikachu so I can squeeze it, so bad.

• Pure. Terror.

OzzyUK posted: »

Did anyone here ever watch Hey Arnold? (Spoiler)

• The World War Z game looks like it'll be a decent amount of fun. The visuals are pretty nice and it really looks like a spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead, albeit without the memorable characters, and the zombie floods are legitimately impressive. But regardless whether or not the game is actually good I've gotta say that I really like the cover art for the game.

I know it's supposed to look like the movie poster but one minor change I would have like is if some of the arms and legs of the zombies overlapped over the 'Z', like they're trying to climb over it.

I think that would've been neat.

• RIP OVERKILL'S The Walking Dead

https://www.skybound.com/games/overkill-the-walking-dead-update/

"As of today, we have terminated our contract with Starbreeze Studios and will discontinue all efforts on OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD. Our creators and their stories are the core of Skybound, and since 2014 we have worked hard to expand the world of The Walking Dead into an exceptional Co-op Action FPS. We did our best to work with Starbreeze and resolve many issues that we saw with the game, but ultimately OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD did not meet our standards nor is it the quality that we were promised. We are exceedingly sorry to our fans and share their disappointment in the game. We remain dedicated to providing our fans with the most premium quality content we can offer, and will continue to look for alternative video game options for the IP."

Variety Reports:
    The game will no longer be released on consoles and Valve is finalizing its strategy for how to handle the sale of the PC version of the game on Steam.
    https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/the-walking-dead-creators-kill-overkills-the-walking-dead-game-1203150365/

• Damn. TWD has been getting a lot of shit in recent years.

MichaelBP posted: »

RIP OVERKILL'S The Walking Dead https://www.skybound.com/games/overkill-the-walking-dead-update/ "As of today, we have terminated o

• Woot woot pokémon direct
    Sword and Shield Babyyyy

• edited March 2019

Huh. The game actually looks decent.
    Originally, while the reveal trailer looked really interesting, I remember seeing some early gameplay that looked kinda stiff and janky. But here? This gameplay from E3 looks pretty... well... decent. Looks fun.

Also, terrifying. When they make it into the Mall atrium, there's the huge crowd of zombies, even some doing a marathon outside, and then there's pyramids of them forming..... whoa. Yeah, looks like a 3rd-person Left4Dead.
    Days Gone is gonna be an interesting massive horde-shooter: Singleplayer style. World War Z looks like a massive horde-shooter: Multiplayer style (or still solo for those without friends like me :joy:)

Even the story here sounds interesting, as it'll adapt the book rather than the movie, spanning many locations and characters. (As the book was like an anthology book with stories of characters all over the world?)

The World War Z game looks like it'll be a decent amount of fun. The visuals are pretty nice and it really looks like a spiritual successor

• edited February 2019

When The Division and Left 4 Dead have a child.

I like how the zombies climb the walls and shit,who knows this might end up being good.
    It's probably just gonna be another generic zombie game though.

AChicken posted: »

Huh. The game actually looks decent. Originally, while the reveal trailer looked really interesting, I remember seeing some early gameplay

• Something happen?

MichaelBP posted: »

RIP OVERKILL'S The Walking Dead https://www.skybound.com/games/overkill-the-walking-dead-update/ "As of today, we have terminated o

• The game was received very poorly by both critics and fans after Skybound spent 4 years trying to work with Starbreeze and Starbreeze being in a very rough shape right now certainly did not help.

"We did our best to work with Starbreeze and resolve many issues that we saw with the game, but ultimately OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD did not meet our standards nor is it the quality that we were promised. We are exceedingly sorry to our fans and share their disappointment in the game"

This video should also help:

DabigRG posted: »

Something happen?

• edited February 2019

I finished Far Cry: New Dawn in about 12-13 hours and overall I had a good time with it. It's much smaller in terms of, well everything compared to Far Cry 5 and I kinda appreciate it for that. My map isn't horribly cluttered with side quests I need to do and I actually really liked the 'RPG' elements they added into the game, though I wish they pushed that aspect more. I actually kinda hope they put some of these elements into the next game. I particularly enjoyed the ability to retake outposts you already conquered for more loot. The game also looks fantastic especially with all the crazy colours and flowers, and despite taking place in the same place as Far Cry 5, Ubisoft did a good job of differentiating the two.

Weapon customisation is gone which is a bummer because I would have liked to see what kind of wicked guns I could've made with all the bootleg tech especially with me just having played Metro: Exodus which does exactly that. I was also expecting more insane weapons like the Saw Launcher but that's the only crazy weapon they have. The twin villains needed more screen time but I enjoyed what I got from them and their voice acting is really good. Joseph Seed is also really good in this, probably the best performance in the whole game. Story is really basic, nothing much else to say about that. Also the soundtrack isn't very good, which is disappointing since the soundtrack from 5 was so good with all the country gospel music. It's just filled with terrible rap music that's used by the antagonists (there's this one with a really racist sounding asian accented one which actively pisses me off). There are some older songs which I liked that kinda evoke a kind of Fallout vibe that the good guys use though.

If you're a fan of the series I'd recommend you get it, especially if you've played Far Cry 5 considering this is a direct sequel to that.

• Words cannot describe how much I NEED this game.

iFoRias posted: »

YES https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1101069253590032385

• Without giving much away in case SGB decides to cover it, how are the new villains overall?

I finished Far Cry: New Dawn in about 12-13 hours and overall I had a good time with it. It's much smaller in terms of, well everything comp

• I actually like them but they do not have as much screen time as they should have but I guess that's because the game isn't all that long. Their voice acting is great though and I like their designs. Mickey is the brains and Lou is the brawn, but they don't really go too far beyond that aside from one of three flashback sequences featuring them but there isn't much else aside from audio tapes you can find in outposts which have some entertaining dialogue. Mickey is the most developed of the twins as she is shown to have a bit of remorse but it happens way too late and doesn't go far enough to really matter.

DabigRG posted: »

Without giving much away in case SGB decides to cover it, how are the new villains overall?

• For your viewing pleasure: the first 9 minutes of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

• That's cool and all but I still think E3 this year is going to suck because of Sony cancelling their conference.

iFoRias posted: »

YES https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1101069253590032385

• edited March 2019

Ubisoft is doing some code giveaways on their YouTube community tab today since they reached a subscriber milestone recently. New batch of codes for Xbox->PS4->PC every hour, in that order.
    Managed to snag a code for their For Honor expansion just because I happened to know of it a few minutes before 11:00. Figured I'd prep myself to refresh and type, and I got lucky on it.

And I just recently started playing thanks to it being a PS Plus game! So... cool. Free PS Plus game, and I now have the expansion to go with it, for free.
    EDIT: (And I think I now "own" the game since the codes were listed as the "Marching Fire Edition", not 'Expansion'.)

• I dread the day any of my devices decides to log out of the Telltale forums. Seems I may be afflicted with the Login bug on other browsers of mine. I use Microsoft Edge on here (yeah, yeah not that popular) and it always manages to keep me logged in. But, in trying to log in using Google Chrome right now.. it doesn't seem to work. No matter what combination or iteration of the password I remember using for this site, it doesn't seem to work. I can't even get the site to send me a password reset email. It's like the button doesn't work.

Speaking of, @Psychokinesis' profile/presence is one that I'll miss. We talked a bit on Discord a month ago, and she mentioned that she's been experiencing the login issues. That's too bad. I just suggest to keep trying.
    (I did a big data reset of my PC-laptop last month, and while it did log me out, I managed to get back in here... Odd.

• I also have had the login issues, but only on Google Chrome and Firefox. When you try on Safari, Edge, or even Internet Explorer, it works fine.

I dread the day any of my devices decides to log out of the Telltale forums. Seems I may be afflicted with the Login bug on other browsers o

• To fix the login problems on Firefox at least (maybe Chrome, too), you need to specifically load two certificates that are still signed by Symantec. You can do this by visiting the following two links, and override the security exception, telling it to permanently store the exception:

https://api.telltale.com
    https://cdn.telltalegames.com

I log in and log out of this site in Firefox every day, and it only works because I've loaded those two certificates.

I dread the day any of my devices decides to log out of the Telltale forums. Seems I may be afflicted with the Login bug on other browsers o

• edited March 2019

Still haven't played Broken Toys yet. Even though I've got lots of work this weekend to give in for this upcoming week/next weekend if all goes well in my planning and execution of it I should be able to play it this weekend. I've just been putting it off due to other priorities and wanting a nice, 2-hour free block to be able to play the whole thing in one uninterrupted sitting.

So... I'm what? Just over a month and a half behind? At least it's not 3 full ones, like with Episode 2.
    Hopefully at this rate I'll only be a few weeks behind playing it when the finale comes out! /sarcasm hopefully.
    I will try to get the Walking Dead's series finale done ASAP on its release, hopefully on the same day. It's the end of an era, and I for sure don't want to miss conversations about that!

• And with that, I might have to start watching some anime.

@dojo32161 @MetallicaRules

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 is coming to Netflix on March 8.
    Time to brush up on Rock references, then.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Bit unfortunate it's just the first season, but hey, all hail our lord Robert E.O. Speedwagon.

And with that, I might have to start watching some anime. @dojo32161 @MetallicaRules Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 is coming to Netflix on March 8. Time to brush up on Rock references, then.

• Heh. Oookay. Quite a dapper hat-man.

I'm really interested in finally finding out the context of "Ha ha you thought I was _____, but it was really me: DIO!!"

dojo32161 posted: »

Bit unfortunate it's just the first season, but hey, all hail our lord Robert E.O. Speedwagon.

• So I was going to make a 2319 joke but then I realised the timing will be wrong for all the Americans on here.

• My favorite scene from Young Justice S2

• When you go grocery shopping and still can’t find anything to eat? Like, wtf did I just buy??

• edited March 2019

I didn't realize this was an argument I needed nor needed validation for until recently.

"The Beauty of Watching Games" - NakeyJakey

"...There's a lot of games that I love to death. Games where I know all the stats. Games where I know all the lore and secrets. Games where I've stayed up into the wee hours of the night, reading and writing some weeb-ass fanfiction about it. But god dammit, I don't want to play them."

Sign in to comment in this discussion.