The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited March 2019

Sometimes, there's some video games that are great pieces of work. You're interested. You love them. You want to play them. Then when you do, you find out there's that one thing you just can't stand. It turns you off of it. It makes playing it a chore.
    But, watching is a good alternative. You get to experience the meat of the game without touching the hard stuff.

This is my current relationship with Persona 3. The franchise interests me. The characters seem fun. The style and content of each game seem worthwhile. I'm particularly interested in Persona 4, but due to a (current) lack of a PS Vita and a rejection of playing the "inferior" PS2 version via backwards compatibility, I had to resort to playing Persona 3. No matter, it seemed just as good. Or so I heard.
    (note: it's apparently hard to go back to previous entries the further into the series you are. Hence leaving P5 till later.)

The game is good, the characters are fun, the story is intriguing... But the dungeon-crawling is a big turn off for me. The fact that you have the enjoyable character interactions needed to be interrupted with this one big dungeon you need to progress through by various points throughout the game is annoying. On top of that, it's an RPG meaning you need to make sure you're properly leveled up to defeat the ever-increasing enemies and the Super-Boss at the end of every dungeon section. Time management is key, the dungeon is seemingly endless, and I've no patience for that repetitious droll. I also find myself constantly paranoid of how much to level-grind in the tower so as not to face instant death. It's just not my style.

So, I think I've officially decided to retire the game after I reach my next boss checkpoint and find a summary/quick run-through of the game online.

I've done it before, actually.

The Metal Gear Solid series. A year ago, I discovered MGS: Ground Zeroes. The precursor to the highly acclaimed (and on my interested-backlog) MGS: Phantom Pain. The gameplay was fantastic. I wanted more.
    But, I didn't want to be lost in the story. There were a lot of stuff I didn't know the significance of, and I'd heard the series was pretty interesting. So, on one fateful mega-sale I bought MGS 1-3, PW, and 5. Then, I started playing. Same thing happened. The world interested me, but the gameplay held me back. I only ever played 1/3rd to 1/2 of each game (MGS 3 was my favourite and the one I played the longest). Luckily, I found this interesting "Metal Gear Solid Movie" series on YouTube, giving 3-4 hour movies of each game stringing cutscenes and gameplay together. It proved to be really useful once I had passed the point of patience for each game. I had already bought MGSV along with the others, so it was sitting there, enticing me with the smooth gameplay I learned through GZ. The solution I had found was useful and well-produced. Maybe i can find something similar to that experience again.

AChicken posted: »

I didn't realize this was an argument I needed nor needed validation for until recently. "The Beauty of Watching Games" - NakeyJakey

• edited March 2019

A long time friend of mine's brother has been diagnosed with throat cancer. Their family's keeping it hush hush and I'll try to help as much, if there's even anything I can do to help and if they need it of course.

Man, fuck cancer.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Keith Flint from the band The Prodigy died today from a apparent suicide, i wan't a hugely into that style of music but i did like Firestarter.

• Best of wishes to your friend's brother. Hope he can beat it.

And yeah, fuck cancer.

lupinb0y posted: »

A long time friend of mine's brother has been diagnosed with throat cancer. Their family's keeping it hush hush and I'll try to help as much, if there's even anything I can do to help and if they need it of course. Man, fuck cancer.

• I worship the Eradicator and Hank Henshaw

• Just wow, EA managed to make a game that is more BROKEN than Fallout 76. Surprised? Probably not. Disappointed? Absolutely.

• This game looked good, but 'll never buy an EA game for as long as I live because of their greedy ways. That, and because my PS4 actually got bricked a couple weeks ago.

AronDracula posted: »

Just wow, EA managed to make a game that is more BROKEN than Fallout 76. Surprised? Probably not. Disappointed? Absolutely.

• That sucks. This game doesn't deserve forgiveness, it was in development for 6 years and this is how they will release it? Even Fallout 76, for a shitty bugged game, wasn't even so broken it would destroy your platform. Fuck EA, man.

Dex-Starr posted: »

This game looked good, but 'll never buy an EA game for as long as I live because of their greedy ways. That, and because my PS4 actually got bricked a couple weeks ago.

• edited March 2019

7 Years actually and yeah that sucks but i'm not really surprised,same thing happens when Bioware update Swtor (the star wars mmo) with more content there's a tons of bugs and shit.
    I've never seen something like this happen though,god damn.

But the good thing is,that this game has potential to improve a lot like Warframe did and like Swtor did,there's actual potential in there so wait and see.
    Fallout 76 never had that chance,it was an abomination a game fucked from the start.

Obviously a game like this should have never been released now,but it is what it is now we can only hope they improve it and fix all these problems.

That sucks. This game doesn't deserve forgiveness, it was in development for 6 years and this is how they will release it? Even Fallout 76, for a shitty bugged game, wasn't even so broken it would destroy your platform. Fuck EA, man.

• edited March 2019

Cyborg Superman is like the laziest character and yet apparently the most crazy awesome character.

I worship the Eradicator and Hank Henshaw

• The Eradicator is the most badass one out of all 4 supermen imo. His Visor and “S” shield look pretty cool.
    “There is only one superman” [shoots hand lasers]

DabigRG posted: »

Cyborg Superman is like the laziest character and yet apparently the most crazy awesome character.

• edited March 2019

I started watching The Office (US) recently and wow, some of the things Micheal does can make this show absolutely agonising to watch.

It's pretty good so far.

EDIT*
    Holy fuck season 3 episode 1 is absolutely painful to watch.

• edited March 2019

Oh yeah, it's a tour de force in awkward comedy.

Not sure when you started or how fast you're watching, but considering you made it to Season 3, I think you'll find that you can get pretty invested in the show's continuity and relationships. Oh, it's so good. (I'm all the way up in Season 7 right now, so don't you pass me! :tongue:)

Ever seen the Office UK? That one's got even more awkward crude humour with Ricky Gervais at the wheel. Though may not be needed to watch by this point since the US adapts many characters and even jokes from the original show.

I started watching The Office (US) recently and wow, some of the things Micheal does can make this show absolutely agonising to watch. It's pretty good so far. EDIT* Holy fuck season 3 episode 1 is absolutely painful to watch.

• edited March 2019

This is old news, but Keith Flint's death is so upsetting. Although I can't call myself a devoted fan of Prodigy, I went through my electronic music phase in early teenage years and Prodigy certainly had influence. I'm proud to say that I saw this legendary band performing live in my city three years ago. It was one of the most exciting concerts in my life.

RIP Keith, you were a revolutionary.

(not my video but i remember this moment very clearly. when keith told everybody to get down and then thousands of people jumped up with the beat - pure magic)

• Shoot. I wiped my login information off of Microsoft edge and now It won't let me sign in again.

Well google chrome, you're my last hope.

• I bought Witcher 3 again, it was on sale on PSN. I'm going to give it a second chance since I got bored from what I've been playing for 2 months, like Dark Souls Remastered and Red Dead Redemption 2.

• edited March 2019

Don't forget to play the DLC's once you're done with the main quest.

First Heart of Stone then Blood and Wine.

I bought Witcher 3 again, it was on sale on PSN. I'm going to give it a second chance since I got bored from what I've been playing for 2 months, like Dark Souls Remastered and Red Dead Redemption 2.

• I just tried Edge (using it now), and I was able to sign in without any strangeness. I was wondering if I needed to play with certificates like with Firefox, but Edge is still accepting the old ones. Maybe you typed the wrong password?

Shoot. I wiped my login information off of Microsoft edge and now It won't let me sign in again. Well google chrome, you're my last hope.

• No, there is definitely something wrong. I even tried my login information from two different accounts I made on here a while back. None of it worked. Always saying "Looks like something went awry. Please try again in a minute." I tried to get past it on three different browsers, still nothing.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I just tried Edge (using it now), and I was able to sign in without any strangeness. I was wondering if I needed to play with certificates like with Firefox, but Edge is still accepting the old ones. Maybe you typed the wrong password?

• I started watching it sometime in January after finishing Parks and Rec but stopped around the start of season 2 for a bit because I wasn't really feeling it. But I started it again a couple days ago and have been liking it a lot more so far. I really like the characters (aside from Angela) and Micheal can be pretty hilarious but holy shit so much of the stuff he does hurts my soul.

I probably won't try out the UK version cause I've heard that's far more painful to watch and that the characters don't really develop beyond being really mean.

Oh yeah, it's a tour de force in awkward comedy. Not sure when you started or how fast you're watching, but considering you made it to Se

• Micheal can be pretty hilarious but holy shit so much of the stuff he does hurts my soul

Wow… that's a pretty accurate statement.

[UK is] far more painful to watch and the characters don't really develop beyond being really mean.

Yeah, that's true. I just enjoyed watching it because the main crux of the show -- Martin Freeman's character -- is still pretty likeable (or likeable enough), and I guess the show being more mean and off the rails is part of the novelty of its British comedy to me.

As for Parks and Rec, I've never seen it but that's another comedy show people mention when talking about greats like The Office. Should get around to finding it one day. I mean, it's got Chris Pratt in it so I've been interested for a while...

I started watching it sometime in January after finishing Parks and Rec but stopped around the start of season 2 for a bit because I wasn't

• Yayyy. It has arrived.

PS Vita 2000 model, charger cord, 8GB memory card (Persona 4 was part of a different purchase).

Quality of it seems pretty decent. Minor scratches on the back touchpad, a few in the corner of the front screen and some dust in the bottom left-right strap holders, but apart from that, it works just fine. 180$ well spent, IMO.

• Dang, talk about hanging on by a shoe string.

Shoot. I wiped my login information off of Microsoft edge and now It won't let me sign in again. Well google chrome, you're my last hope.

• Hahahha.... And I was also stupid and logged off on my desktop PC so now I can only access this site on two of my devices that are still logged in... hehe

DabigRG posted: »

Dang, talk about hanging on by a shoe string.

• I highly recommend Parks and Rec. It's much less mean spirited (but it starts out a bit rough) and it was created by Micheal Schur who worked on The Office, then went on to create this, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Good Place.

Micheal can be pretty hilarious but holy shit so much of the stuff he does hurts my soul Wow… that's a pretty accurate statement.

• When she breaks through the pillars, slams Kratos and then screams at him as the screen pulsates is just.....…..wow. Also, the sound effect for her gaze makes it even cooler. One of my fav boss battles

• One other thing, just in case. You have to visit the home page at https://telltale.com directly before logging on, or it doesn't work. That is, if you've bookmarked/favorited some deep page in the site and try to log in from there, it fails.

No, there is definitely something wrong. I even tried my login information from two different accounts I made on here a while back. None of

• So, if I've bookmarked links in this site, and I've used incognito to access this site from the link you suggested, the login won't work? But I've bookmarked some pretty important posts from these forums. :­(

One other thing, just in case. You have to visit the home page at https://telltale.com directly before logging on, or it doesn't work. That is, if you've bookmarked/favorited some deep page in the site and try to log in from there, it fails.

• Gonna go see Alita: Battle Thot tomorrow

• You can still bookmark the posts, but you can't log in directly from those pages. However, you can click the big "telltale" in the upper left corner, which takes you to https://telltale.com. and click "my account" from that page (not any other page), then you can log in, and go back to bookmark you really wanted.

So, if I've bookmarked links in this site, and I've used incognito to access this site from the link you suggested, the login won't work? But I've bookmarked some pretty important posts from these forums. :­(

• I somehow can't log in my account on my computer
    and i even tried what you said but it didn't work
    Rippo

You can still bookmark the posts, but you can't log in directly from those pages. However, you can click the big "telltale" in the upper le

• edited March 2019

Here I go... Watching the full story compilation of Persona 3. [I'm sorry, P3, but I just can't bear to play you anymore.]

Good thing I was ~2:30:00 into the story already. Should help speed up viewings of this...

• Try microsoft edge or safari

iFoRias posted: »

I somehow can't log in my account on my computer and i even tried what you said but it didn't work Rippo

• Man I don't know about ya'll but if Pokemon were real that shit would be terrifying. Like, a good percentage of Pokemon just straight up steal peoples souls, kidnap children, eat people, WERE people and whatnot.

... But I gotta get that Pikachu tho, that little guy is cute as fuck.

• edited March 2019

I tried to log in on Opera and Firefox already
    sorry i'm not gonna install a new internet browser for a dead forum i guess i'll just use my phone now.

Try microsoft edge or safari

• With Firefox, and maybe Opera too, you can get logins to work if you override the security exception on a couple of links.

https://api.telltale.com
    https://cdn.telltalegames.com

Click on each of these links, pick Advanced options when prompted, and tell it you want to use and permanently store each of the certificates. What your browser shows when you actually get to these links is not important, just loading the certificates. Once you've done that, go to https://telltale.com, click "my account", and it should let you log in.

iFoRias posted: »

I tried to log in on Opera and Firefox already sorry i'm not gonna install a new internet browser for a dead forum i guess i'll just use my phone now.

• Yeah, seriously.

Man I don't know about ya'll but if Pokemon were real that shit would be terrifying. Like, a good percentage of Pokemon just straight up ste

• It actually worked i'm impressed thanks.

With Firefox, and maybe Opera too, you can get logins to work if you override the security exception on a couple of links. https://api.te

• Despite wanting to see this movie asap, I decided i’ll wait until tomorrow to go see Alita so I can bring my sister along. I can get $100 dollars from my bank if I make 10 purchases within 60 days. So close yet so far!

• ordered these yesterday

I wanna get these too but im not sure. Only way I’d get them for sure is if I buy a new skateboard

Sign in to comment in this discussion.