The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Not trying to take up most of the page, so I'll add spoiler tags to my Alita bullshit

A need

• edited March 2019

If you haven't, maybe try practising in front of friends/family? It could help you get used to speaking in front of a group of people.

Oh yeah, I make sure to do that. It helps for sure.

Not exactly sure what I could do to improve it or get more relaxed in the audition. They're always really stressful, moreso than when I'm actually performing a piece on stage or presenting to friends/family/teachers, etc. My legs start shaking like you wouldn't believe. This one, especially so.
    This is the first year I've tried out for Film/TV programs, since I've decided that that's the direction I believe I want to go...
    I don't know if it's how the audition is set up, but these Media auditions just make me shiver even more. Perhaps it's because you're being recorded on camera in what I can only assume is a shoulder-width close up, therefore you have a limited area to move. In theatre, there are no such restraints, so it's probably easier for my body to shake off stress and get relaxed by having more of an opportunity to move around.

I had a Media audition last week, but that went pretty well. I had both pieces they provided me in my head and didn't mess either up. I know I didn't make it in, unfortunately, as they didn't give me a 'consideration callback'. However, I was satisfied with it. Nothing I could really do about that.
    Just makes this loss even more disheartening since it's something I know I can at least survive. Anyway, I've got to get it out of my head. Focus on tomorrow.

EDIT: Just for context - I'm in a College 'Preparatory Theatre' program, so it helps you learn the basics of professional theatre, the business, other branches of the craft such as writing/set designing, things like that. It's also meant as a precursor to their 3-year full theatre program, which is what I've got to perform for in April.
    These auditions aren't necessarily new to me, as for the last 2 years I've taken up auditions to various schools, though I only got into a 'Theatre Studies' program 1 year ago, though that proved too theoretical and analytical for what I was looking for (practical education), so this year I switched into a school's Prep Theatre program after being recommended to apply for It in their full Theatre audition earlier last year.

lupinb0y posted: »

I assume this is for university? Damn, that sucks. Good luck with the next two auditions though! I know that feel of having to present so

• Sorry to hear that dude, but good luck at the next two.

AChicken posted: »

School admissions audition. Had to present 2 monologues, which I have practiced for the past 2 weeks (one of which I'm currently studying

• She can whoop anyone's ass

• You'll be happy to know today's thing went well.
    For some reason despite being for a program of "Acting for Cameras" there was no camera present in the room and I was free to waltz about and present the monologue the way I know it, with full actions and everything.

Didn't mess it up, went fairly well.

School admissions audition. Had to present 2 monologues, which I have practiced for the past 2 weeks (one of which I'm currently studying

• Absolutely mortified. I just got kicked out of my flat earth discord server ??

• edited March 2019

It helps when the movie is being review bombed.

Dex-Starr posted: »

• edited March 2019

Yay. Finally finished watching this ten freaking hour long story compilation.

Not that I needed to finish P3 to play P4, but I felt a sense of responsibility to do so considering I bought it as an equally well-regarded substitute to the game I couldn't yet get. In the end, I wanted to experience the story, but I couldn't bear to play it.

And such a cool final battle track.
    "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed..."

• I just thought of something, it's been nearly 6 months since Telltale announced the mass layoff and were shutting down. 6 fucking months have passed, it feels like it was a few weeks ago. That's depressing as shit if I'm being honest.

• edited March 2019

Troy Baker returns as the voice of Batman and the Joker in the new animated movie 'Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.'

He sounds a lot more gruff compared to the Batman Telltale games. Very similar to Kevin Conroy in my opinion.

• edited March 2019

'Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.'

Judging by the thumbnail, that rivalry doesn't last for long...

And uh, huh. Looks interesting. It's got a slick synth soundtrack in that first half, so they've got my attention.

Troy Baker returns as the voice of Batman and the Joker in the new animated movie 'Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.' He sounds a lot more gruff compared to the Batman Telltale games. Very similar to Kevin Conroy in my opinion.

• Also, a new trailer for the live action Aladdin is out. It's looking quite a bit better than the teaser trailer led us to believe. Will Smith might be a pretty good genie. Not the best, obviously, but good.

• I honestly don't mind Will Smith as Genie but why couldn't make the Genie look like a fictional character and not like its actor, like how MCU did with Thanos? Robin Williams will always be the Genie, nothing will ever top his iconic voice acting, God bless his soul.

I think the main problem with this movie in my opinion is the casting role for Jafar. I don't know anything about the actor, but he doesn't do a great job to make Jafar sound like someone I should fear. The way he says "Bring me the lamp" is underwhelming, he doesn't even try to look scary. Disney is ruining our childhood.

Also, a new trailer for the live action Aladdin is out. It's looking quite a bit better than the teaser trailer led us to believe. Will Smith might be a pretty good genie. Not the best, obviously, but good.

• Saw Alita for the 2nd time yesterday. Was 2x as good as the first time??

• These scenes are worth more than any diamond

• That's it. I added you to my Top 10 Anime Drunks.

Saw Alita for the 2nd time yesterday. Was 2x as good as the first time??

• No one....is greater than the game

AronDracula posted: »

That's it. I added you to my Top 10 Anime Drunks.

• ???

That's it. I added you to my Top 10 Anime Drunks.

• Disney is ruining our childhood.

Lol why are people surprised about this ? Disney is fucking greedy they ruin everything,Star wars is a pretty good example of that.

I honestly don't mind Will Smith as Genie but why couldn't make the Genie look like a fictional character and not like its actor, like how M

• She just joined the server and said that. When are you lousy people gonna wake up and smell the chocolate-covered oranges?!?!?

• Looks like in addition to some Borderlands 3 news, Gearbox will be unveiling a new game at PAX East on March 28th. As I'll still be recovering from TFS finale, I'm really hoping that what they reveal will be good.

• Get ready for Borderlands 4! That's right to make up for the long wait for 3 they've gone ahead and made 4 at the same time!

Looks like in addition to some Borderlands 3 news, Gearbox will be unveiling a new game at PAX East on March 28th. As I'll still be recovering from TFS finale, I'm really hoping that what they reveal will be good.

• Praying to see some form of TFTB's continuity shown. Just give me a crashed Helios... That's all I need.

Looks like in addition to some Borderlands 3 news, Gearbox will be unveiling a new game at PAX East on March 28th. As I'll still be recovering from TFS finale, I'm really hoping that what they reveal will be good.

• MCU fans in a nutshell

• Never before have I been so offended by something I 100 percent agree with.

MCU fans in a nutshell

• I cannot wait for the repairs to my apartment to finish just so I can fucking cook again.

• I'm excited for Aliens: Colonial Marines sequel, I'm sure they learned their lessons from the first game but the first game was still a masterpiece.

• edited March 2019

New trailer for Avengers Endgame. Way better than the first one and it's not very spoilerish.

• Exactly a month after TFS ends :­I

New trailer for Avengers Endgame. Way better than the first one and it's not very spoilerish.

• Looks neat! Now that more heroes will be involved, I look forward to seeing how the Russos have everyone play off each other.

• @AChicken look at this!!?

Never before have I been so offended by something I 100 percent agree with.

• I started watching Spectacular Spider-Man and I just finished the first season today. I had such a blast binging it. Many people consider it to be the best Spider-Man cartoon but I was skeptical about it when I first saw it through youtube. Maybe it was because I was not a fan of the character models and the art style and I grew up with The Animated Series from the 90's but man was it sooo much better than the shitshow that was Ultimate Spider-Man, I hated that fucking show so much, Disney completely ruined the Spider-Man cartoon universe.

I loved Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse which gave me the main reason to watch it.

• If anyone is interested, Grid 2 is free on Humble Bundle now for a limited time.

• edited March 2019

I don't get it.

@AronDracula New trailer for Avengers Endgame. Way better than the first one and it's not very spoilerish.

Hawkeye's haircut, wtf

@Zombiekiller3121 Exactly a month after TFS ends :­I

Ah, something to actually look forward to!

MCU fans in a nutshell

• MCU fans will hype up anything made by Marvel studios. Despite being the same exact dog in both pictures, only the bottom one gets attention because of the label underneath it.

DabigRG posted: »

I don't get it. @AronDracula New trailer for Avengers Endgame. Way better than the first one and it's not very spoilerish. Haw

• A modern day mona lisa.

• I don't know about that dog analogy, man...
    Name a movie that's similar to a recent Marvel movie, but was overshadowed because it didn't have the MCU seal of approval.

apart from Alita
    (which by the way I'm sure is good.)

MCU fans will hype up anything made by Marvel studios. Despite being the same exact dog in both pictures, only the bottom one gets attention because of the label underneath it.

• Sony’s original Spider-Man movies(except 3?) and MCU’s Spider-Man. You dont know how many baseless arguments people gave to explain why the old isn’t better than the new.

I don't know about that dog analogy, man... Name a movie that's similar to a recent Marvel movie, but was overshadowed because it didn't have the MCU seal of approval. apart from Alita (which by the way I'm sure is good.)

• edited March 2019

Man what is with your obsession with Alita and hate for Captain Marvel? Why can't both of these things just coincide peacefully with one another without some strange feud?

A modern day mona lisa.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.