The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Man what is with your obsession with Alita and hate for Captain Marvel?

What makes you think I hate Captain Marvel?? That art just looks great to me

lupinb0y posted: »

Man what is with your obsession with Alita and hate for Captain Marvel? Why can't both of these things just coincide peacefully with one another without some strange feud?

• Don't play coy, for the past few posts you've made have literally been nothing but complaining about Marvel and posting memes about how much better Alita is than Captain Marvel.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Man what is with your obsession with Alita and hate for Captain Marvel? What makes you think I hate Captain Marvel?? That art just looks great to me

• Jesus Christ, some white trash assholes shot up two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. Dozens dead and many more injured.

Goddamn what is wrong with these people.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited March 2019

posting memes about how much better Alita is than Captain Marvel.

I literally did that once?

Why can't both of these things just coincide peacefully with one another without some strange feud?

Why can’t you and the others just accept Alita into your hearts by watching it?

Don't play coy, for the past few posts you've made have literally been nothing but complaining about Marvel and posting memes about how much better Alita is than Captain Marvel.

• Why can’t you and the others just accept Alita into your hearts by watching it?

Because our family recently got a big tv with booming speakers and we don't want to put that to waste by going to theaters to watch our movies. I'll have to wait till May to watch it. Hopefully by then you will have calmed down about this a bit.

posting memes about how much better Alita is than Captain Marvel. I literally did that once? Why can't both of these things ju

• @Dex-Starr

I literally did that once?

Ah, nope.

Twice,

Actually.

• Because our family recently got a big tv with booming speakers

It’s funny you say that actually, because my family just ordered the 65 in. NU7100 series 4K Samsung UHD Smart TV

our family recently got a big tv with booming speakers and we don't want to put that to waste by going to theaters to watch our movies

You might as well have just said “Fuck Alita”, but you probably knew the consequences that’d come with such disrespect

Hopefully by then you will have calmed down about this a bit.

Why can’t you and the others just accept Alita into your hearts by watching it? Because our family recently got a big tv with boomin

• And another time in the MCU thread. (No idea how to link comments though).

Like we get it, you like the damn movie. But is that seriously all you can talk about?

AChicken posted: »

@Dex-Starr I literally did that once? Ah, nope. Twice, Actually.

edited March 2019

Correct me again. I dare you???

@Dex-Starr I literally did that once? Ah, nope. Twice, Actually.

• Like we get it, you like the damn movie. But is that seriously all you can talk about?

I talk about Alita for ONE day and everyone loses their minds!?

And another time in the MCU thread. (No idea how to link comments though). Like we get it, you like the damn movie. But is that seriously all you can talk about?

• edited March 2019

Honestly, when it comes to terroristic acts, I'm not a very sensitive person. Maybe because it's common thing now (sadly) and I can't afford myself to weep over every tragic death. But today, when a country on the other side of the Earth experienced unimaginable cruelty, I genuinely felt broken. One Reddit user explained it better than I could've:

I usually scoff at notions that our present time is uniquely horrible, but this shooting seems like it could only have been a product of today. We've had nihilistic shooters (Columbine) and ideological shooters (Orlando), but this has got to be the first post-ironic shooting, taking elements of both.

The manifesto, the livestreaming, the harsh cynicism combined with vile humor - all the details of this act just straight out dumbfounded me. Later I've experienced pain and disbelief, even wanted to cry or throw up. I'm shaken to the core. Never before I felt so alarmed about the state of our world, our minds and our future. How did this happen? When did people start turning to hatred? What scares me the most is the inanity of this shooting. I can't see a deep political statement in there, it was a wholly erratic act to me. But nothing is more terrifying than chaos. I see so much chaos, I don't know how to prevent my own life from falling apart or being taken from me.

And of course the Pewdiepie aspect of this is absolutely sickening. We don't know if the shooter was subscribed to him or at least watched the videos. Judging by his overall attitude, he simply wanted to hype up as much as he could. They way he did it, by dragging an innocent into this mess, is heinous. And the worst thing is that he succeded - I made a grave mistake of going to Tumblr and witnessed impressive amounts of hate speech. Like, some people actually wrote "if you're a fan of pewdiepie than go choke and die bitch". How is it going to help anybody? Instead of focusing on important aspects of the tragedy, they're mixing a man's name with dirt. I can't even imagine how Pewdiepie must've felt when he woke up, went to the Internet and saw the world crushing down on him. Thank god, the #Pewdiepie hashtag on Twiter is now full of support, but the first hours were terrible. They gave me a strong urge to actually hug Felix.

People are lost and scared, it provokes mindless dehumanization coming from both sides. I feel like I've been dipped into shit today. I can't wash it away. Nobody can. Are we losing control over something we've created? Yes, we are. I just want everything to be over.

Sorry if this was long and dumb, I can't think straight. I've taken this too personally. Probably shouldn't have. Thanks for reading my rant, I really needed to vent a little. Nobody around me wants to talk about what happened, they think if New Zealand is far away then we've got nothing to do with the tragedy.

• I saw that like, 10 years ago? That is an amazing show, you're probably sold by now too. The opening is great

AronDracula posted: »

I started watching Spectacular Spider-Man and I just finished the first season today. I had such a blast binging it. Many people consider it

• Couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly, when it comes to terroristic acts, I'm not a very sensitive person. Maybe because it's common thing now (sadly) and I can't afford

• edited March 2019

I was going to write a comment in reply to Lupinb0y about my agreement on the matter and how I feel like I've been more emotionally affected and stunned by this one than I have been for other recent shooting tragedies (as unfortunate as that sounds.. Sorry).

However, I couldn't find a way to put into words my bafflement of this situation. What you just said basically summarises it. It's this odd mix of an extreme ideology and nihilism, coupled with a plethora of details on what the shooter did in preparation of and what occured afterwards (that there was a second shooting elsewhere and some car bombs were found as well), with the manifesto and freaking body-cam livestream and strange addition of internet memes and culture (what with the whole pewdiepie situation among other things).

It's frightening and surreal.

EDIT: Sorry mods for talking about it

Honestly, when it comes to terroristic acts, I'm not a very sensitive person. Maybe because it's common thing now (sadly) and I can't afford

• Well said, and the fact that they were spouting meme shit and live streaming it made this even worse. It was a joke to them, like they were just a bunch of guys having fun, not that they had shot and killed dozens of people.

• edited March 2019

Today, I learned terrible news. My little 2-year-old cousin got some kind of disease and he is full of red spots which is NOT good at all. So far, the doctors said he got a little bit better today but I have to wait until Monday to get the analysis. If it ends up bad, then I can't trust this fucking world anymore.

• Some red-spot diseases are better than others. Hopefully he'll recover and won't even remember it when he gets older.

AronDracula posted: »

Today, I learned terrible news. My little 2-year-old cousin got some kind of disease and he is full of red spots which is NOT good at all. S

• @lupinb0y

(No idea how to link comments though)

The date under a comment's user is a link to that specific comment.

• If this site manages to stay up by the time Alita comes out on DVD, at which point it’ll be free on online movie streaming sites, I dont wanna see ANY OF YOU say “aLitA wAs rEaLlY gOoD!”?????!!!!

GOOD DAY, SIR

• edited March 2019

So I'm safe to say it now until that happens?

“aLitA wAs rEaLlY gOoD!”?????!!!!

kidding kidding I joke I swear. I'll be sure to watch it legally and give it the support it needs. Looks to be overlooked atm

If this site manages to stay up by the time Alita comes out on DVD, at which point it’ll be free on online movie streaming sites, I dont wanna see ANY OF YOU say “aLitA wAs rEaLlY gOoD!”?????!!!! GOOD DAY, SIR

• ?

So I'm safe to say it now until that happens? “aLitA wAs rEaLlY gOoD!”?????!!!! (Spoiler)

• Word of advice, if you ever need to fly into New Jersey or New York, please do not ever use Newark Liberty International Airport. Me and my family have flown out of Newark whenever we need to fly (out of convenience since it's about 30-40 minutes from where we live), but flying back is always one of the worst experiences ever. The landing is always horrible and will have your stomach leaping into your throat and leave you borderline nauseous, that is if you haven'y already thrown up. Seriously, don't.

• Don't worry, I'll buy it fair and square. :wink:

If this site manages to stay up by the time Alita comes out on DVD, at which point it’ll be free on online movie streaming sites, I dont wanna see ANY OF YOU say “aLitA wAs rEaLlY gOoD!”?????!!!! GOOD DAY, SIR

• Had to buy Fallout 4 again

• Did ya discover an Alita mod? (actually genuinely curious about this)

Had to buy Fallout 4 again

• edited March 2019

Dammit Ubisoft, where's the next Splinter Cell?! It's been almost six years and in the time between Blacklist and now you've put out fourFar Cry games and six mainline Assassins Creed games!

I just wanna see mah boy Sam Fisher again!

• it’s still downloading, but I made connections with people in the Alita cult and there’s this one guy who made some Alita mods.

Did ya discover an Alita mod? (actually genuinely curious about this)

• Just encountered some extremely intelligent people whose statements about today’s society could never be any truer.

• I just finished watching Spectacular Spider-Man Season 2 and that's where the whole show stopped, sadly. The first half of the season 2 was great but in the second half, things got very confusing. There were a lot of continuity errors and I couldn't understand everything that's been going on through the story. Also, Season 2 had such a terrible finale, given that it wasn't supposed to end like that. Stupid Sony sold it to Disney to just end up cancelled and give us that retarded cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man which for some fucking reason, lasted way more than the last Spider-Man cartoon.

Overall, I did have a blast with the series. Great story, great character development, good action etc. But I dunno which Spider-Man show I liked better: either this or The Animated Series from 90's. I'm still upset that we are not going to have a great Spider-Man cartoon in a long time. I heard that the recent show is garbage as well.

• ...about society, you say?

Just encountered some extremely intelligent people whose statements about today’s society could never be any truer.

• I uhhh...im not...i’m not sure what this is.

...about society, you say?

• Dex-Starr posted: »

I uhhh...im not...i’m not sure what this is.

• I’m late but it’s still St. Patrick’s Day in some time zones so, happy St. Patrick’s Day!

• Why is every mod I encounter such a bitch???

• Ya gotta keep the spoilers where spoilers should stay, then.

Why is every mod I encounter such a bitch???

• There was hardly anyone there who didn’t see the movie though. And even so, everyone who hadn’t seen the movie had read the manga, otherwise they wouldn’t even be there in the first place, and there aren’t significant changes in the movie when compared to the manga and OVA. so to say all that, despite everyone knowing how the story plays out, was just really stupid.

Ya gotta keep the spoilers where spoilers should stay, then.

• edited March 2019

Thank fucking God!! My little cousin escaped the disease from his body and lived through. It could have been a nightmare for me since I lost a lot in this decade. My grandfathers, my great-grandmother and my oldest uncle.

edited March 2019
  • The trailer for Toys Story 4 is out! With Tom Hanks and Tim Allens comments on their emotional final recording session it looks like I'll be crying again!

Also those puppets are pretty terrifying.

• Oh yeah, looks really good. (and I was originally skeptical of how good it'd be since the series really didn't need a sequel but if this is the super-emotional ending Hanks and Allen have mentioned it is... I'll be okay with it.)

They seem to be revealing a bit too much of the various conflicts here, and I don't know how I feel about another "You're an X toy so you should stay in this Y place" problem or another evil mastermind Lotso character...
    But apart from that I'm pretty excited.
    They're getting existential with the idea of what constitues a sentient toy and I'm on board for that.

...They were seriously tugging at my heart strings with that Toy Story 3 clip. Ouuuch. Not again, please! :cry:

The trailer for Toys Story 4 is out! With Tom Hanks and Tim Allens comments on their emotional final recording session it looks like I'll be crying again! Also those puppets are pretty terrifying.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.