The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Humble Bundle is aiming for my nostalgic heart with their latest Humongous Entertainment bundle.

An dangit I want to get it, mostly due to the fact that I have no idea where my Pajama Sam games of old went.

• I mean, if you want one of us to be the devil on your shoulder, it looks like even the one dollar bundle is a pretty good deal if you are feeling nostalgic.

AChicken posted: »

Humble Bundle is aiming for my nostalgic heart with their latest Humongous Entertainment bundle. An dangit I want to get it, mostly due to the fact that I have no idea where my Pajama Sam games of old went.

• Yeah, I honestly think that a sort of tutorial section similar to 2 or 0.2 where we play as Kairi and have Lea as our partner at the start could've worked well, along with another section later into the game, like maybe something involving a sparring match with Lea.

If even that!

Yeah... it's probably more likely she and Lea left the forest and called up Riku and Mickey on a gummi phone to go pick them up after Merlin completely forgot about them!

DabigRG posted: »

That first one is technically something I wondered about the game proper--why wasn't there a section or two where we actually play as Kairi

• Oh definitely.
    I think the main idea I fancied due to thinking about a number of things the game didn't do despite hitting on so many plot points, it might've been need if she was used at one intermission of the story to put in a fight with Vexen and Demyx, who were cooking their own little agenda that would be revealed as the game went on.

Yeah... it's probably more likely she and Lea left the forest and called up Riku and Mickey on a gummi phone to go pick them up after Merlin completely forgot about them!

:lol:

MichaelBP posted: »

Yeah, I honestly think that a sort of tutorial section similar to 2 or 0.2 where we play as Kairi and have Lea as our partner at the start c

• I just finished Leon's campaign in Resident Evil 2 Remake and started Claire's right away but there is one thing I fucking hate Capcom for:

Throwing Mr. X right in front of my face not one hour later in the game. Him being placed in the location where you encounter a licker for the first time as Leon is MUCH worse and scarier.

• Yeah, and Kairi and Lea fighting and defeating Vexen and Demyx could've worked well, I think, especially given Lea's history with Vexen. Plus it would've explained how they later returned to being completed humans again. Or at least Vexen did anyway, since we later see that his eyes are their original colour again, while Demyx just flat out disappeared from the story, which was pretty weird tbh. Really, these two getting so suddenly dropped from the story near the end and given how every other organization members got their boss fight and exit scene, while these 2 didn't felt very odd.

To give Merlin a break, at least I can say that he isn't the kind of wizard who sits in a chair and is always judging you, even though he's done pretty much nothing for the last 10 years except sit on his ass while everything goes to hell.

Oh definitely. I think the main idea I fancied due to thinking about a number of things the game didn't do despite hitting on so many plot

• Really? Since that is now a thing, I should probably change my sister's username then since it's pretty stupid.

The PSN name change service has finally arrived.

• edited April 2019

I got an tattoo today and if anyone can give me advice on when to take the plastic off, how to prevent smudging and keep it clean please me know

• edited April 2019

Yep.
    I meant that in the sense of the encounter involving a step in their plan, but addressing that,....

Plus it would've explained how they later returned to being completed humans again. Or at least Vexen did anyway, since we later see that his eyes are their original colour again, while Demyx just flat out disappeared from the story, which was pretty weird tbh.

Oh shoot, really? Didn't even think about that.
    They weren't in the ending either?

Dang.

Really, these two getting so suddenly dropped from the story near the end and given how every other organization members got their boss fight and exit scene, while these 2 didn't felt very odd.

I guess it's a factor of them not encountering any of the heroes besides Ansem and Zexion, along with the story kinda forgetting that plotline until the ending.
    But really, it's another example of how they were trying to wrap up so many plot threads, with varying levels of haste and focus.
    Or determinately none at all(Namine).

To give Merlin a break, at least I can say that he isn't the kind of wizard who sits in a chair and is always judging you, even though he's done pretty much nothing for the last 10 years except sit on his ass while everything goes to hell.

Ch'yeah. :lol:

Yeah, and Kairi and Lea fighting and defeating Vexen and Demyx could've worked well, I think, especially given Lea's history with Vexen. Plu

• edited April 2019

edit: whoops

• Oh shoot, really? Didn't even think about that.
    They weren't in the ending either?

Dang.

Only Vexen, he was there along with Zexion and Ansem when Namine woke up, and his eyes were no longer yellow like Xehanort's. On the other hand, Demyx remained missing. I guess we could assume he became human again and that he probably ended up wherever Marluxia, Larxene and Luxord did so I guess it's something that'll probably be solved in either DLC or the sequel.

I guess it's a factor of them not encountering any of the heroes besides Ansem and Zexion, along with the story kinda forgetting that plotline until the ending.
    But really, it's another example of how they were trying to wrap up so many plot threads, with varying levels of haste and focus.
    Or determinately none at all(Namine).

I honestly only realized that Vexen and Demyx never even interacted with the rest of the heroes after beating the game. That was another missed opportunity.
    And that sounds about right. They were really trying to wrap up as much as they could in the last hours of the story, which is probably why it feels so plot heavy compared to the early and middle sections of the game, and a number of things could've been handled better. Stuff like the Lingering Will showing up and almost immediately vanishing afterwards, Xion's return not having much of an explanation, etc.
    Yeah, poor Namine. She gets so little focus and screen time and the only time she even talks is in a optional scene between her and Sora in the final world.

Yep. I meant that in the sense of the encounter involving a step in their plan, but addressing that,.... Plus it would've explained h

• edited April 2019

As much as I'm afraid of the risks involved with the latest PSN ID change (data loss, save loss, license/purchase loss), I've decided to change my ID anyways, as I'd rather snag one while the iron's hot. --Though I've yet to come across anyone on the internet who has encountered a problem as serious as mentioned, so it should all go smoothly. Hopefully.

Goodbye Teen-ey, hello A-ChickenChicken

• My aunt who I haven't seen or spoken to in 10 years or so recently came up with some financial troubles and what seems to be dementia (she's in her early 50's). So my mom will be helping her with getting food every so often and her kids will be paying for an apartment. It's sad obviously and I'd rather nothing like this happen to family to anyone really but I don't really have much love for the woman after she cut us off from her life for dumb reasons that weren't even our fault. I do hope that my mom and her reconcile with each other, but until then I feel like when I get back home in a few months it's going to be really awkward if I see her.

• Anyone remember those diary of a wimpy kid do it yourself books? I was just thinking about the time where I wrote that I saw my friend buck ass naked and my teacher saw that I wrote it. Hehehe 8 year old me, what an unlucky scoundrel.

• I finally managed to finish Resident Evil 2 Remake. I played the Leon A - Claire B campaign and already started the vice-versa but I think it's enough for me to share my thoughts.

It's a MASTERPIECE. It's like a mix between the first Resident Evil Remake, RE4 and RE7 which are my top 3 RE games. I never played the original trilogy but heard some of their stories on youtube. REmake 2 is already the best game I've played this year, until I get a chance to play Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. It wasn't just a remake, it was like a new major installment of the franchise and it's easily the scariest game I've played since Alien Isolation. This is the game that managed to make me crap my pants the most and it's because of Mr. X.

Mr. X already became one of the worst nightmare fuels in gaming, along with Xenomorph from Alien Isolation. It isn't just because of his appearance (Love how he is dressed in black), his footsteps were fucking terrifying to listen to, they gave me chills every fucking time and he is following you ABSOLUTELY everywhere in the police station. Definitely worse than Jack Baker from RE7.

The only problem I have with this game is the continuity errors, especially in scenario B.

Most of the puzzles and bosses were placed in the same locations where you played as whoever you chose to play as first. And Annette Birkin dies by either saving her daughter or stopping Ada from getting the sample. What's the real story?

Overall, I love it to death. I think it's my favorite RE game. I'm one of those people who wasn't a huge fan of RE4. Here is my ranking of the RE games I've played:

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. Resident Evil Remake
    3. Resident Evil 7
    4. Resident Evil 4
    5. Resident Evil Revelations 2
    6. Resident Evil 0
    7. Resident Evil Code Veronica
  • Can anyone else too see their pulse working in the neck, cleary visible in the mirror. Its kinda freaking me out. Tell me is this normal from your personal experience.

• Not sure if that’s normal ? on an unrelated note, one of my friend’s brain just fucken pulses whenever he’s chewing food. Related? Unrelated. Idk.

Bruno113 posted: »

Can anyone else too see their pulse working in the neck, cleary visible in the mirror. Its kinda freaking me out. Tell me is this normal from your personal experience.

• edited April 2019

This game could not make it any more obvious that it's inspired by Bioshock. The main character visits a man made city (that's a giant cruise ship) in the middle of the ocean and something horrible has clearly gone wrong. It's even using the Century Gothic font. Not knocking it off for that but I just find it funny how unsubtle it is about it.

It looks pretty decent though, but the voice acting sounds a bit rough in my opinion.

• edited April 2019

Disney is pulling out all the stops for its streaming service.

In the first year, it will have:

• Low monthly price of 7$ USD.
    • Every Disney Animation and Pixar motion picture to date will be on the service.
    • All 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be exclusive to the service.
    • First two Star Wars trilogies alongside Rogue and TFA on launch. (and there's a few shows related to it, too)
    • This, alongside a bunch of Disney Channel shows and movies, and original content from the Mouse House itself, Pixar, Marvel Studios and National Geographic

ahhh just come to canada please

• edited April 2019

That feeling you get when finally finished all your written assignments for your courses, and all that's left is some solo monologue and group scene presentations next week... I love it.

Finally...…

• Pretty much confirms I'll be getting it as soon as it's available in Australia :P

Disney is pulling out all the stops for its streaming service. In the first year, it will have: * Low monthly price of 7$ USD. * Ev

• I bet y'all heard of the first black hole photo in history. Amazing. I nearly cried when I saw it. And then I nearly cried because Stephen Hawking couldn't live one more year to see it :(

• edited April 2019

Eh, maybe.

I honestly only realized that Vexen and Demyx never even interacted with the rest of the heroes after beating the game. That was another missed opportunity.

Yeah, it's so weird too, but they introduce Vexen in the pirate world conversing with Luxord about why he's supposedly back with them again. Which made me think he was gonna have an encounter with Sora or Riku later and do more to add to Xehanort's plan.

And that sounds about right. They were really trying to wrap up as much as they could in the last hours of the story, which is probably why it feels so plot heavy compared to the early and middle sections of the game, and a number of things could've been handled better.

Pretty much.

Stuff like the Lingering Will showing up and almost immediately vanishing afterwards,

Xion's return not having much of an explanation, etc.

There is foreshadowing to all three of her existences throughout the main cutscenes, to be fair.
    It's just not really complete buildup, as I wanna say there's a fair gap between the last time we hear of it from Saix & Lea and her just...being alongside the former for their fight with Kairi and the latter.
    There needed to be a scene where Vexen(if it's before he defects anyway) or better Xemnas(as the Nobody of Terranort) is putting on the finishing touches. It could've even gone right after San Fransokyo, appropriately enough, since it's all about putting in negative emotions into a vessel and pretty late in the game anyway(and even the last world I did).

Yeah, poor Namine. She gets so little focus and screen time and the only time she even talks is in a optional scene between her and Sora in the final world.

Yeah, what the fuck was up with that?
    I actually watched that scene(it's in the weird water-soul dimension) several days ago and I don't understand why it's optional, much less how to get it--there's plot and character relevant stuff in there for her and Kairi!

Oh shoot, really? Didn't even think about that. They weren't in the ending either? Dang. Only Vexen, he was there along wi

• Started to get back into the sims 2 on account of my going into adulthood crisis. Reeallly feeling like starting a baby farm, but the babies will be locked out of the house and I’ll make sure they’ll be fed the bare minimum so they aren’t taken from me, and the weather is always set to snow.

• Me at the end of the new Star Wars trailer.

• Still the best song out of all of Sims 2

Melton23 posted: »

Started to get back into the sims 2 on account of my going into adulthood crisis. Reeallly feeling like starting a baby farm, but the babies

• I have no idea how people can still get hype for a Star Wars movie After TFA and TLJ..

lupinb0y posted: »

Me at the end of the new Star Wars trailer.

• The pets theme is one of my favourites because it was on of my first games on the PS2 (before getting it on PC)

Still the best song out of all of Sims 2

• Because regardless of your opinion on the quality of the movies many other people love the franchise as a whole and will still be excited for more content?

iFoRias posted: »

I have no idea how people can still get hype for a Star Wars movie After TFA and TLJ..

• edited April 2019

I got a cracker that's folded.

• The Force Awakens was alright.
    The Last Jedi, on the other hand...

iFoRias posted: »

I have no idea how people can still get hype for a Star Wars movie After TFA and TLJ..

• Legend has it that only true artists and analysts can understand the last jedi

The Force Awakens was alright. The Last Jedi, on the other hand...

• Must be the former, because analysts seem like the main people who'd find serious issues with it.

Legend has it that only true artists and analysts can understand the last jedi

• Movies aren’t made to be analysed, there made to be enjoyed, with the extra hidden details being an extra blessing, it’s why it’s called the entertainment industry, ain’t no fun in trying to ruin a movie for yourself. That’s why a vast vast majority of people enjoyed the last Jedi and the haters are more vocal. If you watch the event, that happened yesterday, virtually everyone in the entire room cheered when they mentioned Rian Johnson, especially Kelly Marie Tran, and even Kathleen Kennedy. That’s more people in one room than I’ve ever seen haters on the entire internet. Just because their voices are louder doesn’t mean they’re in the majority, and just because they look too deeply into things doesn’t mean they know a damn thing what they’re talking about. I acknowledge the flaws with the last Jedi, I didn’t much like the ending and hoped they held it until 9, but unlike few, I want to enjoy the movie, so I try to look for silver linings in most of the flaws only to better the experience for myself.

Must be the former, because analysts seem like the main people who'd find serious issues with it.

• You're not a true analyst unless you make videos three times longer than a movie nitpicking everything you see frame by frame :triumph:

Legend has it that only true artists and analysts can understand the last jedi

• Awww fuck, you’re right ? time to go commit ceiling fan ?

lupinb0y posted: »

You're not a true analyst unless you make videos three times longer than a movie nitpicking everything you see frame by frame

• I'd rather get chased by Mr. X than watch The Last Jedi B)

Awww fuck, you’re right ? time to go commit ceiling fan ?

• This is the last straw ??

AronDracula posted: »

I'd rather get chased by Mr. X than watch The Last Jedi

• This could be the my last chance on this franchise but this is EA after all, so I should stay skeptical.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.