The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited April 2019

my boi Chris Avellone worked on this so this is probably gonna be good.

I was also glad to see Respawn resisting the dark side and not put any microtransactions into the game.

AronDracula posted: »

This could be the my last chance on this franchise but this is EA after all, so I should stay skeptical.

• edited April 2019

So Kevin Bruner has been doing interviews about Telltale again. This guy really needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Why on Earth are you defending forcing your employees to work 80 hour weeks???

https://www.pcgamer.com/telltale-co-founder-crunch-was-necessary-to-keep-studio-afloat/?utm_content=bufferd8457&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

• edited April 2019

oh my god kevin whyyyyy

"For other studios, it happens all the time in games where, 'Our release date is this fall' and then the studio will announce that fall, 'Oh you know what, the game wasn’t ready, we pushed it out until next spring.' And that really wasn’t something that Telltale could do," he said. "We didn’t have the budgets to delay production that long; we didn’t have the cushion."

Yeah, and who's fault was that??!!

• It’s amazing that this guy keeps giving me more reasons to despise him. You can’t defend forcing your employees to work 80 hour weeks and then not properly compensate them, that’s not how this shit works Bruner. If you have 80+ hour works weeks, then that’s a failure of management, that’s on you numb-nuts. We can complain all we want about Hawley not giving severance, but the reason Telltale is now gone is because of this man, Kevin Bruner. I hope he never works in the industry again after what he did and what he’s said.

lupinb0y posted: »

So Kevin Bruner has been doing interviews about Telltale again. This guy really needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Why on Earth are yo

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If anyone is interested Molly Maloney gave her feedback to this article.

So Kevin Bruner has been doing interviews about Telltale again. This guy really needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Why on Earth are yo

• Yeah that's how I saw it too. Like people always blame GoT sucking from management but the same stuff happened with Tales and that turned out great. Good developers can make good games. Doesn't mean that the exploitation was the reason why they made good stuff. They're not so directly interwoven as people make them out to be, but in 2016/2017 I'm sure everyone can admit that shit was wild. So many bad/mediocre games coming out at the same time.

OzzyUK posted: »

If anyone is interested Molly Maloney gave her feedback to this article. https://twitter.com/llyann/status/1117572318786539520 https://twitter.com/llyann/status/1117572319822487553

• me after watching the director's cut version of apocalypse now on the big screen in our local cinema, while being the only viewer alone at night, which caused me to get consumed by my own transcending spiritual revelations

• So the Notre Dame cathedral is on fire, I’ve heard ??

• Thank You, from God of War

• I've had my phone for about five years now and its really starting to show its age. I've been thinking about getting a new phone but all these new fangled phones cost over a thousand bucks now. Remember when phones were affordable? :/

• Thank god the fire was put down. This is so freaking said. I've seen the cathedral eight years ago, I guess it'll never be the same :( What bugs me the most is the cause of this fire. People's stupidity is unbelievable.

Melton23 posted: »

So the Notre Dame cathedral is on fire, I’ve heard ??

• You can still upgrade a phone without paying a thousand dollars. (The thousand dollar ones are just the ones getting all the advertising.) Especially if you have an older operating system, just getting a similar phone that would update it could be worthwhile. Have a look at what's out there if you ignore the high-end stuff, and you might find a decent replacement.

I've had my phone for about five years now and its really starting to show its age. I've been thinking about getting a new phone but all these new fangled phones cost over a thousand bucks now. Remember when phones were affordable?

• Some official information on the PS5:

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

Mark Cerny is once again the Lead System Architect.
    8 core AMD 7nm Zen 2 based on third generation Ryzen.
    Ray-tracing support with custom AMD Navi GPU.
    Custom AMD unit for 3D Audio, also aided by ray-tracing, a big upgrade.
    Extremely fast high-end custom SSD storage faster than any solution currently available for PC:
    Spider-Man load times on PS4 Pro: 15 seconds → 0.8 seconds on next-gen PlayStation. Huge practical game changer opening up for new design opportunities.
    Technically supports 8K but Cerny demoed Spider-Man load speed improvements on a 4K screen.
    New Virtual Reality platform strongly hinted at but also supports current PSVR (meaning millions of VR users 'day one').
    Death Stranding might be a cross-gen title (speculation in article based on Cerny reply).
    Physical Media.
    Backwards Compatible with at least PS4.
    Four years in development so far.

• All of the source code to the original Infocom games are now online in their original ZIL at https://github.com/historicalsource?tab=repositories ! Never thought I'd see that happen! Maybe in 25 years we'll have the source code to all of the Telltale games, too.

• edited April 2019

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/16/sony-first-playstation-5-details/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLnJvLw&guce_referrer_cs=iAyKLl1UCGVGrtfr2JxZ8Q

This is such AMAZING news for PS4 owners. PS5 will feature backwards compatibility for PS4 games and it will not be download-only. This is the best news for me, I had too much fun with my PS4 and I really don't want to ditch it any soon. This will also make us wait for the new exclusives for the next console.

They tested Spider-Man PS4 on PS5 prototype and it took 0.8 seconds for the game to load when using the fast travel system while on PS4 Pro, it took only 15 seconds.

• Very happy about the backwards compatibility. Have been using a PS4 for the past 3 or so years, good to know I'll be able to play those same games on the PS5.

This may seem like a dumb question, like really dumb but I honestly know nothing about this type of stuff and the hardware and shit, but could it be possible that PS3 games could also extend to the PS5? Because there's a ton of games I would really want to play that I can't because the PS4 doesn't offer backwards compatibility. The original God of War games, the first Red Dead Redemption, the Mass Effect series, etc.

MichaelBP posted: »

Some official information on the PS5: https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1118124767934959617 https://twitter.com/LisaSu/status/111

• I want to say that it might be possible, seeing as RPCS3 exists, even if it's not that great yet, it's more of a question of whether or not Sony will bother to create a decent PS3 emulator for it, especially after how underwhelming the PS classic was and how the PS2 emulation on PS4 also kinda sucks. At least it would certainly add quite a lot of value to it if the PS5 could run PS3 games at least as well as the Xbox One X can run Xbox 360 games.

Very happy about the backwards compatibility. Have been using a PS4 for the past 3 or so years, good to know I'll be able to play those same

• Ain’t that the truth?

Thank god the fire was put down. This is so freaking said. I've seen the cathedral eight years ago, I guess it'll never be the same What bugs me the most is the cause of this fire. People's stupidity is unbelievable.

• Who knows? From what I've heard, PS4 used a different architecture compared to PS3 which couldn't run any of its games and PS5 will use the same architecture but with more advance and only PS2 games could have been found on PSN like Bully, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Jak and Daxter games, GTA 3D trilogy, Red Dead Revolver etc. Most of them run the same as they did in PS2.

Very happy about the backwards compatibility. Have been using a PS4 for the past 3 or so years, good to know I'll be able to play those same

• What happened?

Thank god the fire was put down. This is so freaking said. I've seen the cathedral eight years ago, I guess it'll never be the same What bugs me the most is the cause of this fire. People's stupidity is unbelievable.

• Yesterday the Notre Dame cathedral caught fire due to unknown circumstances, probably something to do with faulty construction seeing as I know it was having some kind of work done to it, not sure what though.

DabigRG posted: »

What happened?

• Unknown circumstances. Got it.

Melton23 posted: »

Yesterday the Notre Dame cathedral caught fire due to unknown circumstances, probably something to do with faulty construction seeing as I know it was having some kind of work done to it, not sure what though.

• edited April 2019

The new stuff for Smash Ultimate looks pretty cool.
    There's Joker, the accurate recreation of Persona 5's visual style, the bonus tracks and visual style from the other games for the Mementos stage... that's more fanservice than I thought they'd put in. Persona fans must be really pleased. (And this has got to mean that P5 is coming to Switch... right? That'd be a big thing.)

EDIT: "the accurate recreation of Persona 5's visual style". Oops. Didn't mean 4, obv.

• edited April 2019

When you say anything.

Other people:

• I know Politics aren’t allowed to be discussed, but the rule is no controversial discussions, and I’m only looking for information so technically I’m not breaking any rules when I ask who is this Bill Weld? Is he good? Will he make a good president? I’m not even American so idk y I care but it’s the country I give the most shits about considering I plan on moving there in a few years ?

• edited April 2019

Me looking at the new Walking Dead definitive edition.

I am so tempted to get it, but converting it from american fun bucks (USD) to didgeridollars (AUD) makes it a lot more expensive for me.

• Hm? What?...

glances at the walking dead section

WHAT THE

Me looking at the new Walking Dead definitive edition. I am so tempted to get it, but converting it from american fun bucks (USD) to didgeridollars (AUD) makes it a lot more expensive for me.

• I’m happy cos it’s $57 cheaper for me ?

Me looking at the new Walking Dead definitive edition. I am so tempted to get it, but converting it from american fun bucks (USD) to didgeridollars (AUD) makes it a lot more expensive for me.

• You know what Telltale game I would have loved to get an artbook for? Minecraft: Storymode.

No I'm not joking. The concept art that they showed off in the past were absolutely GORGEOUS. I'd have loved to have gotten a book filled with this art.

• So my dad just accepted a job down in Georgia, so we'll be moving down from the "beautiful" state of New Jersey to there over the summer after I graduate from college. Oh, and guess where the job is...Savannah. I'll be on the lookout for Molly and Lee's corpse while I'm there.

• That sounds real cool, I love the southern and western states (mostly because of the heat and atmosphere) though I do like some of the eastern states too. One of these days I plan on moving to California, Georgia, Florida, Hawaii or New Hampshire

So my dad just accepted a job down in Georgia, so we'll be moving down from the "beautiful" state of New Jersey to there over the summer aft

• So, I'm done school.
    Done all my written papers.
    Done all my final projects.

I'll miss my friends. I and a lot of them are auditioning for the 3-year theatre program soon, so hopefully we've got a shot at making it in together.

Apart from that, well, it'll be a weird upcoming week.

• I posted this in TWD section already, but I'll go ahead and say it here too:

@Louche wants to be here and has a lot to say on TFS, but of course the sign in thing is keeping him from doing so.
    I told him of the workaround someone mentioned a week or so ago, so wish him luck!

• I finished the Hardcore difficulty in Resident Evil 2 Remake. TBH, I'm kind of disappointed with that mode. Other than getting double damage, enemies and bosses being a little bit tougher and Mr. X being faster, it was all just the same.

Resident Evil 7 Madhouse mode was MUCH better because it had enemy replacements and some puzzle pieces were placed somewhere else than their official locations.

• Feel pretty bad for him.

I posted this in TWD section already, but I'll go ahead and say it here too: @Louche wants to be here and has a lot to say on TFS, but of

• Just watched birdbox, interesting movie, reminded me a little bit of the first season of twd for some reason.

• Congratulations.

AChicken posted: »

So, I'm done school. Done all my written papers. Done all my final projects. I'll miss my friends. I and a lot of them are auditioning

• The workaround is in the first reply in this thread, if that's convenient:
    https://telltale.com/community/discussion/123579/for-how-much-long-will-this-website-be-able-to-survive

I posted this in TWD section already, but I'll go ahead and say it here too: @Louche wants to be here and has a lot to say on TFS, but of

• Thanks! I'll send this to him now.

WarpSpeed posted: »

The workaround is in the first reply in this thread, if that's convenient: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/123579/for-how-much-long-will-this-website-be-able-to-survive

• Is it just me, or is the Playstation YouTube channel uploading a lot of God of War stuff lately. Today, they just uploaded this:

Is this all possibly leading to an upcoming announcement?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.