The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Not sure. It's probably just because it was a big, successful game last year, and they developed a lot of promotional content for it.

Whatever the case, I'm really liking it!

Is it just me, or is the Playstation YouTube channel uploading a lot of God of War stuff lately. Today, they just uploaded this: Is this all possibly leading to an upcoming announcement?

• I drew James from the Final Season.

• Why are gta random heist crews so bad at following simple instructions

• That's one of the reasons I gave up on GTA online once and for all. Random players can't play for shit.

Melton23 posted: »

Why are gta random heist crews so bad at following simple instructions

• edited April 2019

This weather is goooorgeoouuuus! ☀️??

As a side note, the new MacDonald’s straws are an abomination. They don’t even work properly, they feel funny, it was thought up by someone who was a little...dumb??? Like really? Fam wtf do u mean “save the environment” the cup lids are made out of plastic, ya silly Billy’s. This reminds me of that Jake Paul fight where Demi said Jake was wearing period blood without actually realising that he was also wearing red...

• I dream to one day have myself hidden in a secure locations and relentlessly take the piss out of one of the Queen’s guards so I can watch them get angry and they can’t do anything about it ? I honestly hate those guts with a burning passion

• Welp I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Walking Dead Definitive Edition Guardian Pack.

I guess I can just not eat for the next few days... or weeks.

• edited April 2019

Welp I guess I'm 23 years old now.

• Try erasing all of the data in your storage?

• I love Resident Evil 2 but I fucking hate those speedruns modes. They are all just the same. RE7 had much better extra content.

• Can you ask the PSN store for help? Obviously, Telltale support is no more.

• Telltale' closure just got a little more heartbreaking.

The Verge put out an article talking about Telltale's Stranger Things game as well as another unannounced Stranger Things game in collaboration with Telltale and Night School Studios which I recommend if you want the full story.

Stranger Things was going to be a brand new era for Telltale with plans to not even advertise that it was a Telltale game. They were hoping that "people wouldn’t know it was a Telltale game,” and that “It was supposed to look like something brand new, feel different… It was staying true to our roots while trying to push into a new place that would attract a wider fan base.”

The game was going to be like a "mini-open world," and was described as "The Witcher 3 meets Night in the Woods, with a hint of games like Oxenfree or Firewatch." The gameplay that was leaked featured proxy models of the characters (not the final models) and apparently the game looked like an "animated feature film."

Not only that but they was actually working on TWO Stranger Things games. One of them obviously being the game that was leaked, but they were also working on a mobile puzzle game in collaboration with Night School Studios that was going to be a prequel to their main game. However, Telltale's closure put the game in development limbo (it still hasn't been officially cancelled but it is no longer being worked on) and Night School almost had to lay off some of their own staff because of it.

• Why is Tumblr so fucking obsessed with making Clem, Violet, and Louis into a polyamorous relationship? Seriously, what is wrong with them? I know it's Tumblr and my expectations for it were already abysmally low, if there were any at all, but that shit's still wrong.

• edited April 2019

I've said it once, hell I've said it many times, and I will continue to say it until I'm blue in the face.

Fuck you Kevin Bruner!

Reading stuff like this just continues to break my heart, hearing the plans and what was to come from Telltale in the future.

In December of 2017, Telltale CEO Pete Hawley contacted Night School about interest in another project. (Hawley did not respond to requests for comment.) His goal, says a source familiar with the project, was to work with narrative-focused external studios to explore new types of design and storytelling. “He thought that the overall Telltale formula had begun to become a little bit stagnant,” the source says, “and he thought that there could be some low risk ways to experiment with new things.”

He wanted the company to put some more focus into publishing games, which honestly, sounds like a smart move as Telltale wasn't really bringing in the dough with their own games. But more importantly, as has been shown and discussed before, he wanted to experiment, try new things, destroy the old Telltale image and replace it with a new one.

If you ask me, here's what he and management should have done, you guys might not like it, but it might have helped the company's image...complete and total rebranding. I mean it, change the company name, a complete restructuring from top to bottom, hell, declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy even. Telltale's reputation was diminishing, investors were either pulling out (Lionsgate) or reluctant to put money into them (AMC), and that was what Telltale was relying on for years. The Telltale name had become, rather than an admired and respected brand, a tumor, and that's not good. It might be a huge risk, but it shows commitment to change, it shows that they recognized the errors of the past and are looking to bring about a new era for the company. Sure they'd have to prove themselves under this new format, but with what was in the pipeline, I think it might have been possible, and could have saved the company. The Telltale brand was no longer working, and I think choosing to stick with it when Hawley and management were trying to bring about change was a huge mistake on their part.

lupinb0y posted: »

Telltale' closure just got a little more heartbreaking. The Verge put out an article talking about Telltale's Stranger Things game as wel

• edited April 2019

A few months ago, Acheive posted a picture of his Mr. Robot Dvd collection. I had nothing to compare with it since I became a fan of the show through... other means on the internet.
    Unfortunately, even if @Acheive250 isn't here anymore :cry: -- just for posterity reasons let it be known that I am now the supreme owner of Mr. Robot and I outrank him in ownership... unless he now owns the book too idk

That's right! He may own just the discs, but I own them all plus the tie-in book! Ha ha HA!

• A problem?

Why is Tumblr so fucking obsessed with making Clem, Violet, and Louis into a polyamorous relationship? Seriously, what is wrong with them? I

• DON'T LOOK AT IT!! I chose not to use Tumblr for that very reason.

Why is Tumblr so fucking obsessed with making Clem, Violet, and Louis into a polyamorous relationship? Seriously, what is wrong with them? I

• Tumblr is a cesspool of shit and you should know this. I heard of many people saying there were many disturbing fanfics of Clem x somebody coming from that place, and even pictures. :s. I don't trust that place for a second. I hate that place more than Abel.

DabigRG posted: »

A problem?

• edited April 2019

Yeah i think a rebrand would have been a good idea if the company didn't go under. With the new engine, new gameplay, and whatnot it makes sense to do a little refurbishing, but I disagree with leaving behind the 'Telltale' name. It's too important of a name, even if it's been dragged through the mud a little. Change out the logo from Mickey Mouse to something else though.

I've said it once, hell I've said it many times, and I will continue to say it until I'm blue in the face. Fuck you Kevin Bruner! Read

• I understand the attachment to the name Telltale, but sometimes, in order to move into this new era, it calls for some sacrifices. I'm not trying to sound like Kylo "Let the past die, kill it if you have to" Ren, but a new name would signify an "out with the old, in with the new" mentality to not only the company, but it's investors and gamers as a whole.

When you go onto message boards or comments section of other websites, it was filled with constant shit throwing at Telltale, some of it legitimate. A logo change might and some minor stuff might get some of the message across, but I don't think it would have been enough. Even after Hawley took over, and with the increased quality shown in TEW and TFS, the company still got the same flack from others.

Trust me, I would have hated for them to change their name as well, but I'd rather have the company still around under a different name, than for them to be Telltale and no longer around.

Yeah i think a rebrand would have been a good idea if the company didn't go under. With the new engine, new gameplay, and whatnot it makes s

• I don't have a tumblr account(among other things) and most of the stuff I've visited there were of generally fanart and gifs.

Also, wasn't there, like, some massive purge last year?

Tumblr is a cesspool of shit and you should know this. I heard of many people saying there were many disturbing fanfics of Clem x somebody c

• Whats going on with the discord? I cant log in to this site with my phone anymore so im on the ps4 browser right now

• edited April 2019

another unannounced Stranger Things game in collaboration with Telltale and Night School Studios which I recommend if you want the full story.

Nothing can explain the amount of excitement and sudden depression I felt reading this bit. :heartbreak:

described as "The Witcher 3 meets Night in the Woods, with a hint of games like Oxenfree or Firewatch."

"plans to not even advertise that it was a Telltale game. They were hoping that "people wouldn’t know it was a Telltale game,” and that “It was supposed to look like something brand new, feel different…"

"Telltale had failed to pay Night School for its previous three milestones — a scary number for a team as small as theirs. According to one source, the first was contractually late, the second was not yet off-timeline, and the third was days away from submission. Despite the missed payments and lack of communication between studios, Night School didn’t initially believe it was in trouble."
    "And then, Telltale closed."

AAAHHHHHH WHY CRUEL WORLD
    WHYYY TELLTALE
    DAMMIT BRUNER WHAT DID YOU DO

EDIT: I will say that I wasn't super impressed or excited for the Stranger Things game when the footage leak came out -- since it showed Telltale using the established characters of ST, retreading things from Season 2 and ultimately working within the storytelling limitations of the show (that, and I did not find the hyper-stylised-yet-animated character designs to be appealing), but who knows, it could and probably would have been good-great. That was alpha footage.
    It's sad either way that it got canned... that, and the possibility of Telltale's TV-style interactives being playable on Netflix. Too bad we only got Minecraft... and just the first part.

Telltale' closure just got a little more heartbreaking. The Verge put out an article talking about Telltale's Stranger Things game as wel

• edited April 2019

The game sounded great something new,fresh and the company going away from that same old formula it just happened too late,way too late,they should've done that years ago.

From the small and brief leaks i saw on Youtube about the game it was interesting,a real shame that they couldn't make it.

• I wish I could know Bruner's home address so I can send him tons of letters and tell him how much of a dickhead he was to Telltale and its fans. The trashest game design employee since Andrew Wilson, Todd Howard and Randy Pitchford.

• edited April 2019

So hey there's truly no way to say this and i don't think that anyone cares at this point but with what's been going on lately all the arguments i've had i'm just..well i'm just done actually.
    It's not really the arguments they're fun for the most part but i realized i have no reasons to be here anymore,i'm on plenty of other forums and i just come here when i have some free time and it's just..not fun anymore,the whole thing is dead the meme thread is dead,and it's not like there's anything else to be hyped about either,i also miss a lot of old users who used to came here.

So yeah i wrote a "thing" a while back tagging and thanking everyone that you can find here https://telltale.com/community/discussion/123559/the-communitys-goodbye-letters#latest
    I'll just say it again thank you guys for all the memories here good and bad and i think it's best for me to go and i'd advise you guys to do the same,to just move on because Telltale is definitely not coming back and there probably won't be another company like them.

I guess the people who wanted me gone must be really happy right now ! :sweat_smile:
    Just kidding,no but really i hope some of you guys don't think i'm a real asshole just because of a few bad arguments and some of my opinions i'm a nice person overall i promise !
    Just ask people on discord what they think of me and- ah shit i'm even worse over there bad example..

Ah..Yeah well,if you know me and talk to me on discord then i guess i'll see you around and if you don't then yeah that's it

• edited April 2019

I have come back from watching Avengers: Endgame. I loved it.

It is very different from Infinity War and is nothing like what I thought it'd be, but it is everything that fans love in an MCU movie all rolled up into one. However I suspect that certain elements will be a little divisive with the fans (particularly the ending). Other than that, keep an open mind, don't come in with an entire fanfiction book in your head thinking that this is how it should be and just watch the movie.

This may sound like some nerdy ass shit but this is an end of an era. I was twelve and still in primary school when the first Iron-Man came out and now I'm 23 and in university doing my masters. This movie and the MCU as a whole mean a lot to me. Do I think they'll ever top some of the amazing stuff that's happened in these movies? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is the next phase is going to be something for a whole new generation to grow up with, and I'm so excited for them.

• I don't know about the Discord, but you can sign in on this site from your phone if you visit these two links:

https://api.telltale.com/
    https://cdn.telltalegames.com/

Each one gives you a certificate warning. Click Advanced and say to go to the link anyway. Store the exception permanently if it gives you the choice. Then go to https://telltale.com and sign in from there. That should work.

Whats going on with the discord? I cant log in to this site with my phone anymore so im on the ps4 browser right now

• Oh come on man, don't do that! :worried:

iFoRias posted: »

So hey there's truly no way to say this and i don't think that anyone cares at this point but with what's been going on lately all the argum

• Perhaps Telltale could do small layoffs and then combine with Night School to make their project but now also on Consoles and with a bigger budget.

I understand the attachment to the name Telltale, but sometimes, in order to move into this new era, it calls for some sacrifices. I'm not t

• edited April 2019

What are you doooiiiing? Come baaaaaack!?

iFoRias posted: »

So hey there's truly no way to say this and i don't think that anyone cares at this point but with what's been going on lately all the argum

• Watched Endgame again because I am insane and... yep. Still good :)

• No spoilers here but I’m going to do a tag anyway so I’m not going to be suggestive of anything

Going to go watch it in 2 hours. Only heard 1 relatively big spoiler so far but it wasn’t much of a spoiler considering I saw it coming because of bts reasons and the way the trailers were made...hopefully I’ll still enjoy it, I didn’t expect to enjoy rdr2 despite having the ending spoiled and came out pleasantly surprised.

Watched Endgame again because I am insane and... yep. Still good

• Oh shoot, it IS out!

Watched Endgame again because I am insane and... yep. Still good

• Welp, I just earned every single trophy from Resident Evil 2.

• edited April 2019

I see what you guys mean now. People over on reddit are kind of...dozy.

• example?

Melton23 posted: »

I see what you guys mean now. People over on reddit are kind of...dozy.

• I had a meme I was meaning to share for a while, and I used a quote I found on a club penguin meme as a little reference and some dude came around to try and call me out on reposting a 2 year old meme I had no idea was even on there in the first place and said I stole the quote from a Roblox meme thread with like no followers for some reason. Also in twd section someone said that S2 Clem was 12, S3 Clem was 14 and S4 Clem was 17 and a lot of people actually agreed with it. You probably saw that one.

Ghetsis posted: »

example?

• God damn i hate spiders. Today i murdered 2 of them cold bloodedly, if any big sized spider comes near me i will fucking annihilate it, if you dress as a spider i will murder you. I like jumping spiders tho, they cute.

• I'm gonna miss the forum whenever it closes down and a lot of the people on here, but man I won't miss the ones who just seem to have their asshole dial constantly cranked all the way up to max.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.