The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2019

"...wait, Asshole Dial? That doesn't sound right..."

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm gonna miss the forum whenever it closes down and a lot of the people on here, but man I won't miss the ones who just seem to have their asshole dial constantly cranked all the way up to max.

• Reminded me about this deep deep discussion I had in school once about enemas and now I’m trying to remember who I had it with.

I'm gonna miss the forum whenever it closes down and a lot of the people on here, but man I won't miss the ones who just seem to have their asshole dial constantly cranked all the way up to max.

• ...An enema...?

Melton23 posted: »

Reminded me about this deep deep discussion I had in school once about enemas and now I’m trying to remember who I had it with.

• Ass juice as I like to call it

DabigRG posted: »

...An enema...?

• Dammit, wtf?
    That's not what I meant!

Ass juice as I like to call it

• Oh ? yes....enemas. Just your average discussion right there... yeah.??

DabigRG posted: »

Dammit, wtf? That's not what I meant!

• edited April 2019

For anybody that has an Xbox One, be warned the Spam Bots are back sending random messages :(

• Welp. My PS4 just decided to commit suicide.
    Boot it up to play a bit of Watch Dogs 2, the ubisoft logo starts to play and then it turns completely off.

Welcome to Safe Mode. Need a USB with the latest software...
    Hooray for a corrupted Hard drive and lost data.

• Got one of those the other day on PS4. Used to enjoy getting them until I found that my parents read my iPad notifications while at school so I had to stop in fear of them logging into my PS4

Menofthe214 posted: »

For anybody that has an Xbox One, be warned the Spam Bots are back sending random messages

• Yeah I noticed that it's happening on PS4 as well. But how or why did you enjoy getting them? I'm frustrated cause I must of got 3 messages by now by 3 random people.

Got one of those the other day on PS4. Used to enjoy getting them until I found that my parents read my iPad notifications while at school so I had to stop in fear of them logging into my PS4

• Cos I’m extremely lonely and flirting with bots makes me feel better about myself :’)

Menofthe214 posted: »

Yeah I noticed that it's happening on PS4 as well. But how or why did you enjoy getting them? I'm frustrated cause I must of got 3 messages by now by 3 random people.

• In the end, I unfortunately had to reinstall the PS4 software.

I tried everything. Restarting it, Rebuilding the database, Unplugging it overnight and restarting it in the morning… Every time it tried to salvage the system software on boot up, it always got caught at 25% and would shift into safe mode.

So, I had to do it. Reinstall the system software like it wanted. And it works. I’m on the main menu, the store works, I’m logged in.
    Now I’ve just got the long task of reinstalling all my games and their save data from the cloud (thank god for that. I’ll only have about a day of progress missing from WD2 by this point... I just hope it doesn’t kill my hard drive again.)

AChicken posted: »

Welp. My PS4 just decided to commit suicide. Boot it up to play a bit of Watch Dogs 2, the ubisoft logo starts to play and then it turns co

• edited April 2019

Anyone else remember Chicken Little?

It doesn't have really great reviews but I remember liking it a lot when I watched it all those years ago, and if I rewatch it now I'll probably still enjoy it, it might have a few pop culture references that haven't aged terribly well though. It has some pretty great visuals with the sky tearing apart to reveal all the space ships, and the "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" scene was pretty funny. Plus I think it does do some of the emotional beats pretty well with Little's dad talking to his dead wife and the struggles of being a single dad.

All in all, what I'm trying to say is that I really like the song "One Little Slip" by Barenaked Ladies.

• I just played and finished Resident Evil 3 Nemesis and it was the very first classic RE game I've played since I only played the remake versions of the first 2 games. I had a blast and I can't wait to see how aggressive Nemesis is going to get in the remake for RE3.

• Cartoon Network released a new animated short (which I'm pretty sure are usually just backdoor pilots) called Mushroom and The Forest of The World. It's a fun and cute, I like Mushrooms character (reminds me a lot of Greg from Over the Garden Wall) and it's interesting to see Dante Bosco voice such a soft spoken character like Leaves compared to his previous works. I also like the visuals, the backgrounds in particular and how the animals and creatures are drawn, however if I had one complaint it's that the character designs are a bit too simple, they don't really stand out too much.

• Reviews are rarely accurate. There are so many great movies from my childhood that have shit reviews and they’re mostly from people who aren’t even into that specific genre or people who the movie wasn’t really intended for, little man and shark tale for example ?

Chicken little was a decent movie though. Prime insult when you’re looking for a comeback.

Anyone else remember Chicken Little? It doesn't have really great reviews but I remember liking it a lot when I watched it all those year

• The trailer for the movie of the year is out!

• This whole forum right now

• "This whole thing is pretty much done. We're more ghosts than people."

AronDracula posted: »

This whole forum right now

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

His human like teeth creep me out.

The trailer for the movie of the year is out!

• Well get used to it, this is your new God.

OzzyUK posted: »

His human like teeth creep me out.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Nooooooo

Well get used to it, this is your new God.

• edited April 2019

After a day and a half, I've got about 2/3rds of what my previous PS4 memory had installed.
    I kinda made the mistake yesterday of having Battlefield 1 and SWBF 2 use up two of the three download spots in the queue, and as they're 70 and 99 GB respectively, it would have taken way too long for them to finish installing and move on to the rest of the queue (plus, with 3 downloads happening at once, that meant even less data was being allocated to downloading the titles so it would probably take another day-and-a-half to get those 70 and 99 GBs downloaded.

Good thing is that I paused their downloads last night, and since then I have basically all the important games I regularly play back on the device. The last 1/3rd of the content I used to have I have decided not to reinstall at the moment because they were just backlog titles in case I ever wanted to get to them without installing them.
    There's also the various PS Plus Games I had installed on the device (and didn't actually play all of them) that I have yet to reinstall, but they can wait.

As for Watch Dogs 2, I have not reinstalled that game and I won't be touching it with a 10-foot pole right now since I'm afraid it'll crash my device again.
    I can't find anything online of the same thing happening to other WD2 users, so maybe it was a random software bug, but I'm still afraid to touch it right now...

• Pls no. He was a good boah ?

bruzdaa posted: »

"This whole thing is pretty much done. We're more ghosts than people."

• edited April 2019

Pros:

• Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey.

Cons:

• This Movie Is Nightmare Fuel Incarnate.
    • HELP me I'm scared Please

• How come fans are better at making models for a live-action Sonic than Holywood?

The only good thing about this movie so far is Jim Carrey's magic comedy. Other than that, everything is a cringe. Not to mention this is from the producer of Fast and Furious.

• edited May 2019

1:23 me when I saw those fooken teeth
    WeLp FeLlErS i GuEsS wE kNoW wHiCh RuLe 34 I wOn’T bE lOoKiNg At. ?‍♂️

• I decided to bring back TWDG Rewrite thread and made a TWAU counterpart as well.
    Feel free to use them to share any ideas or have fun.

• edited May 2019

Good news, the director of the movie announced that they're going to change Sonic's model.

I just hope there's enough time to fix it by November, and that they fix it up well.

• edited May 2019

Fucks sake, I was genuinely excited to watch this movie and come out with nightmares. People just have to ruin everything ? feel sorry for the poor bastard who probably went out of the job there though ?

Good news, the director of the movie announced that they're going to change Sonic's model. https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832 I just hope there's enough time to fix it by November, and that they fix it up well.

• Oh my goodness, people have been saying this too.
    Ah well, I guess if some stuff ended up being true, guess this should be as well.

Good news, the director of the movie announced that they're going to change Sonic's model. https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832 I just hope there's enough time to fix it by November, and that they fix it up well.

• edited May 2019

I'm so fucking bored. I beat Resident Evil 2 so many times and already earned all the trophies. You know what I decided to do? Install Resident Evil 6 on my PS4. Yes, I want to do something different other than enjoying myself. Experience and laugh at games for how bad they are just like how @MetallicaRules did with Life is Strange.

• I doubt there is time for that. Unless...

Tinfoil hat time: What if they were already making the movie with the normal looking Sonic and released the trailer with the ugly Sonic to get more publicity? ?

• There’ll be time. There’ll definitely be time.

Pipas posted: »

I doubt there is time for that. Unless... Tinfoil hat time: What if they were already making the movie with the normal looking Sonic and released the trailer with the ugly Sonic to get more publicity? ?

• edited May 2019

17 years ago today ??????-??? was released in theaters, changing the world of cinema by redefining the modern superhero genre, and paving the way for the MCU that we all know and love. I want to dedicate a tribute for this trilogy because these films will always hold a special place in my heart, and I like to thank Sam Raimi for perfectly capturing the essence of Spider-Man.

• edited May 2019

Just in case anyone didn't know, the actor who played Chewbacca from Star Wars, Peter Mayhew, passed away at age 74. May the force be with him.

• Damn, man, that sucks. And he was almost at a milestone too.

AronDracula posted: »

Just in case anyone didn't know, the actor who played Chewbacca from Star Wars, Peter Mayhew, passed away at age 74. May the force be with him.

• edited May 2019

So, the Daytime Emmys are today. I didn't know they gave out awards before the show but....

Netflix's Hilda already won Outstanding Main Title for an Animated Program a few days ago... awesome.

EDIT: Whoops! I'm getting all confused... So there's a Daytime and a Primetime Emmy awards. This one's the daytime. The smaller, newer one.

• Welp, I just finished playing Resident Evil 6. I used to give this game a lot of shit 2 years ago for how insulting it was to the franchise but after playing it myself, I feel like I was just overacting. I'm not saying this game is actually great but I wouldn't call it one of the worst games ever made either. My problem with this game isn't the ditch of survival horror contest and turning into an action flick. It's just the fact that the story isn't taking itself seriously, the gunplay is just pretty unbalanced and unpolished, the camera is just out of place and the controls are terrible. I did actually have enjoyment, at least in Leon's campaign but after that, everything is just shit.

Leon's campaign is the closest thing to being something for RE fans because it has zombies but it's still not perfect. I hated Helena Harper, she never wanted to tell Leon the truth and thought she would trust Simmons to give her sister back by helping him kill the president. I will never understand why Leon and Hunnigan gave her a second chance, I would fire her if I were in their shoes.

Chris' campaign was the worst, I fucking hated it. It was basically just a mix between Call of Duty and Gears of War. No RE elements at all. Capcom treated Chris like shit by making him the worst hero for the BSAA, not managing to save his own teammates. Piers looked like a character that should have been one of the best but I couldn't give 2 shits about him, he is just there to babysit Chris from causing more trouble to his own team.

Jake's campaign felt okay. The best part about it is the Ustanak thing who has the same role as Nemesis and Mr. X, stalking the protagonist until the end of the campaign. I really liked Sherry's character, I loved her callbacks from Resident Evil 2, I think she is the only familiar character who had the best development out of all the characters from previous games.

Ada's campaign is the only one that featured puzzles but all of them felt pretty easy but all it did was play as Ada in locations where I have already been as someone else, it just didn't feel special.

Overall, I think this game is ok at the best in general but it's definitely the worst game in RE, nonetheless. I dunno if I'll ever play it again. I'm not interested in earning all of its trophies. RE5 is by far the last game of the main saga that I should check on, sometime.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.