The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I got this place to work for me for like a few seconds yesterday, but then it crapped out again

TheFurryOne posted: »

Enough of the fakeout deaths, forum.

• And here thought I was the only one left.

Melton23 posted: »

I got this place to work for me for like a few seconds yesterday, but then it crapped out again

• site pls

• Come on Telltale forums! Hurry up and decide if you want to live or die!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

How I feel about the forum right now.

• Holy crap, after three days it's back!

• edited May 2019

I finished A Plague Tale: Innocence and it is a fantastic game albeit a little bit shorter than I had hoped.

It's probably one of the best looking games I've played, the environments are beautiful and the character models are incredibly detailed. The gameplay is also pretty fun, despite how linear it is and the rat flood physics are pretty horrifying and I love how you can take advantage of them when facing human enemies. Some of the levels also allow you to go through them differently (lethal/non-lethal) which I like but I pretty much just went lethal whenever I could since it doesn't affect the story in any way. The story itself is pretty enjoyable and I grew pretty attached to the characters fairly quickly, especially the main characters Amicia and Hugo, who are very well written and voice acted. However, not every character gets a very satisfying story arc.

The antagonists aren't really well developed however and are pretty cartoonishly evil. You also won't be able to unlock every single upgrade which is a little annoying. Controls can get a little iffy sometimes too. I've also encountered a few bugs that had me restarting from checkpoints, and the end of the game can get annoyingly difficult despite the rest of the game being relatively easy. The story itself isn't the most amazing thing ever but the characters make up for it in my opinion. There's also a pretty good twist which I liked for gameplay reasons. I wish the game was a little longer (I got 9 hours out of it) as there's a part in the story where character motivations kinda flip flop suddenly.

Overall I had a really good time with it and hope that there's some additional story DLC (there's a character that disappears for a few chapters that I think could be cool to see) or a sequel with different characters considering the title of the game (A Plague Tale). I'd like to see the developers improve on this concept with the rat swarms and see what other horrifying ideas they can come up with.

• edited May 2019

STILL. NOT. BITTEN.
    Seriously, though, I don't know how much more of this I can take. They give us hints and clues that it's going down on a certain day. May 9th comes and goes with little fanfare, but then a few days later, BLAM! It's down! Lure us into a false sense of confidence, and then pull the rug out from under us. Only to re-reverse once again and let us all breathe a sigh of relief. But for how long this time? Even in death, Telltale continues to send us on an emotional roller-coaster. Well played, Telltale. Well played.

• Will these forums make up their goddamn mind if they want to live or die. Every time I can't get on it gives me heart palpitations. Seriously, stop doing this to me website.

• Hey.

Telltale Website.

Are you alive or are you dead?

• edited May 2019

Well I better make use of this small reunion while I have the chance...

Yo. Community.
    Need your input on what I should play next

No need of advice right now, I bought Little Nightmares. Hope it's fun and I get through it with sanity intact!

On a side note: the Epic Games Store (I know, I know) is currently offering Stories Untold as its free game for the next week (7 days - until May 23). It's a really cool and creepy text adventure horror game, bathed in an 80s atmosphere. I highly suggest you pick it up for free.
    If you don't want to deal with Epic and don't mind not getting the full game, you can download the first chapter for free on Steam as a demo!

• edited May 2019

Skybound are asking fans what your favourite character voice lines are from the Walking Dead games and they might include it in the character model viewer for the Definitive Edition.

The tweet includes what seems to be a concept of the character model viewer for the game.

• Cool.
    What does the third say?

lupinb0y posted: »

Skybound are asking fans what your favourite character voice lines are from the Walking Dead games and they might include it in the characte

• The third option? It says outfit.

DabigRG posted: »

Cool. What does the third say?

• Oh snap!

The third option? It says outfit.

• Robert Pattinson of Twilight was just confirmed as the next Batman. Someone fucking kill me.

• edited May 2019

I mean, aside from Twilight I've heard he's legitimately a good actor so I think he'll be able to pull off a younger Batman. He's even starring in Christopher Nolan's next movie.

Robert Pattinson of Twilight was just confirmed as the next Batman. Someone fucking kill me.

• "Hmm, pointy."

Skybound are asking fans what your favourite character voice lines are from the Walking Dead games and they might include it in the characte

• edited May 2019

• Awww yeah we still alive...

• So this forum is still alive, huh? I really don't know what to do with my life anymore. I have college stuff to accomplish and I don't have a lot of games to play, I recently replayed Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne and that's it. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is the only game that I really want to play right now but I'm too busy with my boring life.

• I can't stop thinking about A Plague Tale: Innocence. I wasn't expecting to like the game that much and it just makes me wish there was more of it. I've heard people say that it took them 13 hours to complete the game and I'm like "How the fuck did you get four extra hours out of this?", especially since I fucked a bunch at points and kept having to replay segments, I even explored levels as much as I could. This game is easily one of my favourite games this year and I hope its successful enough to warrant another game set in the universe. I can see this being a neat little anthology game series.

• Anyone who owns a PS4 and wants to spruce up their background: You can now purchase the previously pre-order exclusive TWD: Collection theme. https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP2026-CUSA09457_00-UTH0000000007379

It's pretty cool...

• So I'm flying to Australia, and my flight's been delayed, yada yada yada, but it's nice to see the forums alive...for now.

• Which part are you flying to?

So I'm flying to Australia, and my flight's been delayed, yada yada yada, but it's nice to see the forums alive...for now.

• Adelaide. I arrived a few hours ago.

Which part are you flying to?

• Nice. Have you been there before?

Adelaide. I arrived a few hours ago.

• I have not. I’m very excited to get to know it though.

Nice. Have you been there before?

• Nice. Head to Rundle Mall in the city if you're looking to do some shopping.

I have not. I’m very excited to get to know it though.

• Well, guess I’m a college graduate now. Yay.

• Diploma or a degree? Either way congratulations!

Well, guess I’m a college graduate now. Yay.

• Con-graduations! ;)
    What lupin said... Diploma? Degree? What field/program?

• What lupin and Achicken said. Degree or diploma?

• @lupinb0y @AChicken @captainivy1

I'm going to be entirely honest, I had no idea there was a difference between degree or diploma, I've always used those terms interchangeably.

I got a degree, it's a Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration with a minor in Sports Management, from The Catholic University of America in Washington DC.

• edited May 2019

I'm going to be honest, neither did I. It's very different in Sweden.

Anyways, congratulations.

@lupinb0y @AChicken @captainivy1 I'm going to be entirely honest, I had no idea there was a difference between degree or diploma, I've al

• Tried driving a car for the first time today. Apparently I did amazing for my first time but the level of doubt is unreal considering the number of times I nearly killed myself and other pedestrians ??

• So Star Vs. finally ended tonight. Can't see I thought of that ending.
    Kinda felt some of the stakes going in was a bit out of nowhere, though.

• It probably just slipped my mind, because I was really surprised to find out recently that Phil LaMarr (who, to me, famously played Hermes Conrad on Futurama), was the voice of Cassius in Tales from the Borderlands. Sweet.

• I joined this website in 2013 when I was 12. I pretty much grew up with The Walking Dead game. So what better quote to commemorate my terrible high school experience?

• edited May 2019

This really good Phoenix Wright x Hamilton edit popped up in my recommended today.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.