The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I drew Clem and AJ

• So I decided to do a quick Exhibition Match on Wisp Circuit with Team Sonic just to get a real idea of what I'm getting into. No sooner than the starting line does it sink it that I had no clue; the other racers engines would spark every second and on a whim I found that RT is the gas rather than A as the race kicked off.

I'm off to a great start.

• I downloaded an app that simulates different sounds for sleeping and I set it to raining with a little bit of thunder in the background, but all it did was make feel anxious waiting for a big boom of thunder like back home. I turned it off but I still felt anxious about it so I just switched back to using a radio to help me sleep.

• Sitting at my computer, unable to sleep tonight because I found out that I've been accepted into the 3-year Theatre program of a college I signed up for.

I've already been admitted into and accepted a different College's Film/TV offer, but this one is the one I really wanted... plus that now makes this two acceptances in the same year -- both for programs I auditioned for -- which is completely unprecedented for me in the past 3 years. Ooooh I feel like I'm walking on the moon!

• Congratulations! Would you be able to switch over to the offer you originally wanted?

AChicken posted: »

Sitting at my computer, unable to sleep tonight because I found out that I've been accepted into the 3-year Theatre program of a college I s

• I really hope Skybound or some other publisher decides to pick up the Telltales other IP's and put them back on Steam, GOC, etc. It's just depressing seeing news like "All remaining Telltale Games titles are being de-listed" from all these different stores.

• edited May 2019

That would be a yes.

To be honest, I'm still not totally sure if I want to switch, since apparently both programs are pretty different -- meaning one covers film and the other covers stage acting. But, well, I'll ask around and see what each offers specifically.
    Who am I kidding? I'm probably going to switch to this new one anyway since it's what I want and what I've got exp. in... I'll learn about media acting at some point in it.

Good thing: I haven't paid any deposits yet so that's cool.

It's just depressing seeing news like "All remaining Telltale Games titles are being de-listed" from all these different stores.

Damn, that's still happening? I thought a lot of them were taken off of steam when TTG originally closed, but then they were put back on somehow. Yikes that's sad.

lupinb0y posted: »

Congratulations! Would you be able to switch over to the offer you originally wanted?

• Who am I kidding? I'm probably going to switch to this new one anyway since it's what I want and what I've got exp. in... I'll learn about media acting at some point in it.

Nice. Once you're a big shot actor don't forget us little people!

Damn, that's still happening? I thought a lot of them were taken off of steam when TTG originally closed, but then they were put back on somehow. Yikes that's sad.

Yep. The games are now being delisted from GOG and the only Telltale games left on Steam are the Batman games, Guardians, and Texas Hold 'Em.

That would be a yes. To be honest, I'm still not totally sure if I want to switch, since apparently both programs are pretty different --

• That's awesome, congrats man.

Sitting at my computer, unable to sleep tonight because I found out that I've been accepted into the 3-year Theatre program of a college I s

• Omg, this is just another proof that Terminator can never be improved after the second film

The trailer has me worried, I'm happy for Linda Hamilton and Arnold to reprise their roles but the new characters look soo bland and the CGI doesn't look promising. I was rooting for it before because James Cameron accepted to work on this franchise again but it looks like it's going to be same as Alien Covenant.

• edited May 2019

Looks like I got my wish (kinda). 2K are working to get Tales from the Borderlands back on sale "as soon as possible".

Hopefully Skybound pick up Wolf Among Us and gets that back on storefronts, along with Microsoft and Minecraft: Storymode. The only one I don't see getting picked up would be Game of Thrones sadly since HBO doesn't seem particularly committed when it comes to their video games.

• I don't see Skybound picking up TWAU to be honest, mainly because it's made by a separate company (Vertigo, which is a subsidiary of DC). It would have to be up to either Vertigo or DC to try and get TWAU back up on storefronts.

Looks like I got my wish (kinda). 2K are working to get Tales from the Borderlands back on sale "as soon as possible". Hopefully Skybound

• I don't have a lot of games to play so I decided to watch a TV show. And I chose Breaking Bad to binge. I've seen the pilot episode like 2 years ago but couldn't keep watching because I had too much to do in my free time but I rewatched it and now I just finished Episode 2 which convinced me to keep watching this show, it looks awesome.

• edited May 2019

Breaking News: The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie has been delayed to February of next year.

• edited May 2019

Most of their mobile games are still on the (Android) store. Batman, Guardians, Batman 2, Tales, and Wolf.
    Apparently, this company called 'Howyaknow, LLC' has taken over publishing rights of TWD: S1, S2 and Michonne. ANF and TFS are nowhere to be found.

Unfortunately, the Telltale Publishing titles are gone. Well, title. Looked for their Mr. Robot Exfiltration game, and there's nothing.
    Hopefully Night School Studios can salvage that since it's been on my mind to buy recently.

I really hope Skybound or some other publisher decides to pick up the Telltales other IP's and put them back on Steam, GOC, etc. It's just d

• I'm supposed to be doing my assignments which are due by the end of the week but I'm too enthralled by Sonic, Tails, Shadow and Eggman answering questions on Twitter.

• Now if after this delay sonic is fixed correctly everyone will appreciate the movie more, still having doubts if this was scripted or not, but I'll support them nonetheless because there fucking listening to feedback which is rare these days.

Breaking News: The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie has been delayed to February of next year. https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1131937685700980736

• Have my college finals in 2 days, plays days gone instead of Studying

• This is my 9000th comment.

Nothing that interesting, just wanted to brag.

Like, comment and subscribe for more useless facts!

• edited May 2019

For those who don't know, Skybound released some comparison screenshots of the Definitive Edition with the Graphic Black enhancement alongside the previous games and the fan reception so far is pretty mixed. Keep in mind they're not done with the visuals and they've talked about touching up some of the character models (specifically Lee) with them saying it's not exactly the same as the Final Seasons model, "but it does not look like Season 1 either."

Okay so here's my humble opinion regarding the changes so far.

Season 1

I actually think this one looks really good, the yellow gives off a nice evening look in my opinion. It's also not as weirdly de-saturated as the other screenshots. I mean, it still is but it's not as bad.
    https://i.imgur.com/snTdiFy.jpg

This one's way too yellow, especially compared to the original lighting which had two different lighting set ups (blue in the foreground and green in the back).
    https://i.imgur.com/GvNKfBY.jpg

Season 2

I think season 2 so far has had the most positive change for me. They look like they're ripped straight out of a comic. Especially this one which really looks like a 2D image.
    https://i.imgur.com/l51oSeg.jpg

Okay maybe this one's a bit too blue.
    https://i.imgur.com/thtESDW.jpg

A New Frontier

Season 3 probably has the nicest blacks to them, making them look very much like a comic (especially with all that detail) and Javi no longer looks like he's lathered in oil anymore which is nice. But the colours are way too washed out. I think it would also be better if the outlines were thicker like S1, S2 and S4.
    https://i.imgur.com/d7a6DTv.jpg

This one's way too washed out. The environments have a really nice black to them but it really needs to have more colour.
    https://i.imgur.com/xHUtAeZ.jpg

My Thoughts Overall

I think the blacks, shadows and outlines have seen a really nice improvement. They give the games a "ripped from the pages" look which I really like (I get it if you don't, I just really like that aesthetic), however there needs to be a lot more colour. That is the main criticism amongst the fanbase so far when it comes to these screenshots so hopefully they take it to heart and turn up the saturation or something.

To those calling the team lazy for not redoing every single game into Final Seasons graphics. Did you seriously think they would be able to entirely remake three whole games in under a year with the limited resources they have? Plus, like what has been said already, they're still not done yet and are taking feedback regarding the visuals so slow your roll. If you want your criticisms to be heard, tell them while you have the chance so they can further improve the visuals but don't be too overzealous about it.

• Go see it with your dates!

@lupinb0y I'm supposed to be doing my assignments which are due by the end of the week but I'm too enthralled by Sonic, Tails, Shadow and Eggman answering questions on Twitter.

Wait, what?

Breaking News: The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie has been delayed to February of next year. https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1131937685700980736

• edited May 2019

Wow, yeah they look pretty good and decent, imo. Overall, I really like the added black lining and Cel-Shaded look.
    Clementine's house in Season 1 has a lot more detail and I love how you can see the wood exterior. I don't like how dirty the black graphic makes it look though. The pharmacy shot in Season 1 is definitely too yellow and bright, as well.
    Season 2 is a great improvement, and the original is even the season with my favourite look and comic-UI This just ups the black and really makes it look like it's a comic. However, the filters have been really beefed up, something that is really unneeded.
    Season 3 looks great, and I both like and hate how a lot of the colours are washed-out and inked-up, because it certainly makes it look more in line with the black-and-white comics, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the game having colour. (maybe they should just make ANF completely black and white. That'll fix it and it'll be thematically/plot appropriate!)

I like what I see thus far. If I don't in the future, then I can always jump back into the original game, seperate from all the art improvements.

Any news on Michonne getting the graphic style?

For those who don't know, Skybound released some comparison screenshots of the Definitive Edition with the Graphic Black enhancement alongsi

• To me, some screenshots look really good and I find to be an improvement (the junkyard in ANF, Lee outside Clem's house in S1), and some look like they need some extra work done to them (Lee in the drugstore, Javi in Prescott bar).

For those who don't know, Skybound released some comparison screenshots of the Definitive Edition with the Graphic Black enhancement alongsi

• I don't like how dirty it the black graphic makes it look though.

I kind of like it, but the graphic black does go a bit overboard at times. Most particularly in the shelves of the pharmacy where it's near pitch black and you're supposed to be able to find an energy bar there, and Clem in the bathroom where despite there clearly being light shining through the window, that part of the bathroom is super dark.

Any news on Michonne getting the graphic style?

Only the main line games are getting remastered as far as I know, which is a shame because I think there a bunch of moments that would look great with the graphic black treatment. Most particularly the hallucination and flashback scenes.

Wow, yeah they look pretty good and decent, imo. Overall, I really like the added black lining and Cel-Shaded look. Clementine's house in

• I remember they said it included Michonne..? I remember 'all 22 episodes'. It might not be remastered, and that might not be a bad thing.

I don't like how dirty it the black graphic makes it look though. I kind of like it, but the graphic black does go a bit overboard a

• Just checked Skybounds website, Michonne is also being remastered.

Ghetsis posted: »

I remember they said it included Michonne..? I remember 'all 22 episodes'. It might not be remastered, and that might not be a bad thing.

• 22?

I remember they said it included Michonne..? I remember 'all 22 episodes'. It might not be remastered, and that might not be a bad thing.

• edited May 2019

Yyyyup. What Lupin said.

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series contains all 4 Seasons and The Walking Dead: Michonne, which includes over 50 hours of gameplay across 23 unique episodes. With graphical enhancements, behind the scenes bonus features and faithful recreations of classic menus, this is the definitive way to experience Clementine’s journey and find out how her story ends.

EDIT: I just realised, that last part intrigues me. 'faithful recreations of classic menus'. So they're essentially building certain aspects of the games from the ground up. Cool...

• well 23, if you include 400 days

DabigRG posted: »

22?

• edited May 2019

Death Stranding release date and some story points revealed.

• Is that the Male Pregnancy Game?

AronDracula posted: »

Death Stranding release date and some story points revealed.

• So I'm watching Into the Spiderverse for the first time

Do they explain why the Green Goblin is a giant gargoyle?

• In reply to your spoiler, No. He just is.
    It's some stylistic choice, probably based off of the Ultimate comics (where he's this Hulk-like goblin beast).

So I'm watching Into the Spiderverse for the first time (Spoiler)

• Ah.
    The explanation for the movie itself was very indirectly implied by plot.
    Thanks anyway, though.

In reply to your spoiler, No. He just is. It's some stylistic choice, probably based off of the Ultimate comics (where he's this Hulk-like goblin beast).

• No, it's a Kojima game. Hideo loves making his games confusing until we play them ourselves.

Is that the Male Pregnancy Game?

• Just finished Into the Spiderverse. It's about as good as people have been saying.

@AronDracula No, it's a Kojima game. Hideo loves making his games confusing until we play them ourselves.

...Ah.
    Anyway, I skimmed through it and the answer is yes.

• edited May 2019

Went to go see John Wick with teh homies today. (No movie details here, just a funny story as to what happened before, during and after). So we bought the VIP tickets so we got seats up in the lounge with all of the free snacks and beverages, so one of my friends decides they should go and take advantage so he ordered 7 whiskeys, 4 vodkas, and 1 of something else I can’t rlly remember. As you can imagine, he was piiiiised, so much so that before the movie started we had to ask them to stop serving him, 10 mins into the movie he left to get some more (they didn’t allow it) so he went into the restroom to be sick, which then lead to another one of the homies carrying him out to a taxi and sending him home. We plan on hosting an intervention for him during the Sunday BBQ cos he needs to get his alcoholism under control ??

• Welp it's the final day of my first semester of my Master's degree and I've got to go in two hours earlier to quickly edit together a 30 second video.

• Good luck.

(and it's only the end of the first semester? In May? Did you start in winter, or...)

Welp it's the final day of my first semester of my Master's degree and I've got to go in two hours earlier to quickly edit together a 30 second video.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.