The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited July 2019

Duuuuudes... How the frick did I miss the fact that Infinity Train is now on air? Sweet. Gotta track that first episode down.

It's confirmed to be a 10-episode series, creator compared it to Over the Garden Wall (which a lot of people say is probably best CN show ever. Still have yet to get a DVD to see that one.)

• Oh, that's what I'm thinking of.

AronDracula posted: »

It beat Titanic a while ago and now Avengers takes the crown from Avatar

• edited July 2019

Ooh, Remedy has finished making Control (or at least the base version of it). Bravo to them!

• And their next project must be Alan Wake 2 since they got the rights back from Microsoft.

AChicken posted: »

Ooh, Remedy has finished making Control (or at least the base version of it). Bravo to them! https://twitter.com/MikaelKasurinen/status/1154045609386471425

• Srsly tho, if this counts as controversial then everyone who disagrees probably needs to be banned 😂

Just a reminder, no politics please. Some of the rules have been lightened to various degrees after Telltale closed, but we're still not allowing politics/controversial discussions/etc. Thanks for your cooperation.

• I've been watching Season 3 of Attack on Titan throughout this week and, after going to the effort of tracking down a place where I could catch up with the rest of it, watched many of the recently aired episodes from what I understand.
    I think I just watched a great breaking point cause man.

(For extremely minimal, non-spoilerly context)

It's listed as episode 18 within the season.

• Hey I think this is the longest the site has went without shitting itself since the great scare all those weeks ago!

• Well it's about damn time.

• So crazy how they never aged. Except for Emma Stone, she looks different and pretty.

Well it's about damn time.

• Unpopular opinion but I really do not like reddit. I’ve only met less than a dozen decent people there who are actually cool, but the rest are either incredibly stupid to the point where you don’t know if you cans take them seriously or if they are joking or not, and the rest are just stuck up assholes who will r/whoosh you for trying to decipher whether they are one of the braincellless ones or not, all the while keeping their comment incredibly vague to the point where you still can’t tell if they’re covering up their stupidity or are actually serious. Is it just me? Or are we all in agreeable here? Am I going to the wrong parts of Reddit?

• Meh, I tried once but it looks overrated as shit.

Melton23 posted: »

Unpopular opinion but I really do not like reddit. I’ve only met less than a dozen decent people there who are actually cool, but the rest a

• You just have to go to the right places and be around the right people. It's very on and off at times. It's a place that you can love and hate at the same time. Or you could just be like me and not comment much, just browse around till I get bored. There are stupid people, but what do you expect?

Unpopular opinion but I really do not like reddit. I’ve only met less than a dozen decent people there who are actually cool, but the rest a

• Was just about to share that on here, I like the look of it, and it has definitely been a long time coming. October can't come sooner

Well it's about damn time.

• You just have to go to the right places and be around the right people.

Pretty much. I enjoy using Reddit and while I've mostly encountered nice people, you'll see a lot of stupid ass people as well that will make your brain numb.

Ghetsis posted: »

You just have to go to the right places and be around the right people. It's very on and off at times. It's a place that you can love and ha

• This is probably the worst remake of an iconic movie moment since the shower scene from Psycho (1998). Thanks a fucking lot, Disney.

• You know, when this place kept clockin out for long, I contemplated going there.

• They should've did this.

AronDracula posted: »

This is probably the worst remake of an iconic movie moment since the shower scene from Psycho (1998). Thanks a fucking lot, Disney.

• Yeah i only browse there and never comments it gets annoying really fast even if you're going to the right places,and i also don't like the up/downvote system i think it's flawed in several ways.

• If one of you is Telltale's website sysadmin, thank you. Today's System Administrator_ ppreciation Day

• I guess I just didn’t expect a guy who say I need to brush up on bad knowledge English words, despite the fact that they couldn’t get the word hypocrite right despite me sending multiple variants of the definition. Basically he supported spoiling people, and I naturally called him out on it, then he called me a hypocrite for not doing it in other threads, to which I replied with “that isn’t what a hypocrite is, a hypocrite would be me spoiling the game for other people, THEN calling you out for also spoiling the game”. Argument is still going on and it’s infuriating. Makes me miss visiting this place more often. No offence to you guys, but you’re all way smarter than the bulk of reddit.

Ghetsis posted: »

You just have to go to the right places and be around the right people. It's very on and off at times. It's a place that you can love and ha

• So while I'm presumably another three weeks from it, I've had an interesting question for a while: Is Jiren constantly using a form of Ultra Instinct or what?

• The URL changed again! It's now community.telltale.com instead of telltale.com/community.

• This is getting freaky.

lupinb0y posted: »

The URL changed again! It's now community.telltale.com instead of telltale.com/community.

• Yeah, what's up with that?
    Luckily, my phone and computer(eventually) had the URL autocorrect itself. But still, wth?

The URL changed again! It's now community.telltale.com instead of telltale.com/community.

• How odd indeed.

Pipas posted: »

This is getting freaky.

• Wasn't it /forum last time? Eh, I forget! It's been way too confusing thus far.

• edited July 2019

You know how the All Series page of the Telltale website shows a list of all their released and upcoming series?

Well, The Wolf Among Us Season 2 is still there... 'Coming 2019'. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

on a totally unrelated note: That old Cartoon Network pilot of 'Twelve Forever' had been adapted into a full series, and is releasing on Netflix tomorrow. Yup. That is all.

• rip

You know how the All Series page of the Telltale website shows a list of all their released and upcoming series? Well, The Wolf Among Us

• Saw the pilot all those years ago and I'm really happy that it got a full series order. Shame it wasn't greenlit by Cartoon Network though, but Netflix hasn't done me wrong so far in the animation department.

You know how the All Series page of the Telltale website shows a list of all their released and upcoming series? Well, The Wolf Among Us

• I watched the Kill Bill movies and I had so much fun watching them. I think it's my very first Quentin Tarantino movie that I've watched. The main reason for this is because I'm playing Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. Those movies taught me how to make a female heroine so relatable. The Bride is a MUCH better written character than Rey from Star Wars sequels because she is not forced and she's been through a lot of shit. Is there a single reason not to get inspiration from those movies? They are fucking awesome.

• edited July 2019

A bit of personal news that I have been wanting to share, my sister recently had a baby boy, he was premature and she had to get a C-Section as he wasn't growing. She was roughly 28 weeks into the pregnancy. It's a miracle she had a child, as she was informed by doctors around a year ago that due to multiple health issues she had, it was unlikely she were to ever have a child.

Since then, he has been doing good, I haven't met him yet, but I am looking forward to it.

• I remember watching that short a year or two ago. Not sure I wanna watch the show, though.
    What happened to the dude with glasses?

• If you haven’t already, I’d recommend a show called The Dragon Prince, another animated show on Netflix. It was co-created by Justin Richmond (co-director of Uncharted 3) and Aaron Ehasz (head writer of Avatar: The Last Airbender).

Saw the pilot all those years ago and I'm really happy that it got a full series order. Shame it wasn't greenlit by Cartoon Network though, but Netflix hasn't done me wrong so far in the animation department.

• Telltale probably uses Vanilla Forums, as a forum software for this website. I think it might be easier to change to a sub-domain instead of changing directories completely with Vanilla.

Wasn't it /forum last time? Eh, I forget! It's been way too confusing thus far.

• Calm down fellas, it's only late July. We still have roughly five months!

iFoRias posted: »

rip

• Always wanted to check it out. I've heard good things about it but the animation has always put me off. I remember seeing a clip a while back that had an absurdly low frame rate to the point it looked like a slideshow.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend a show called The Dragon Prince, another animated show on Netflix. It was co-created by Justin Richmond (co-director of Uncharted 3) and Aaron Ehasz (head writer of Avatar: The Last Airbender).

• It's not uncommon for characters to be completely different (or cut out entirely) from the pilot, but from the looks of the trailer Todd is pretty much Shane from the pilot.

DabigRG posted: »

I remember watching that short a year or two ago. Not sure I wanna watch the show, though. What happened to the dude with glasses?

• edited July 2019

That was a lot of people's complaints in regards to the show, and I'll give them that. It is a bit off putting at times, but there's other times when you don't seem to notice it, and the fight scenes are really well done. The low frame rate only applies to the first season though, the second season got rid of it entirely and it looks really good. I'd show you an example, but it'd be hard to do without spoiling some stuff that happens in the show, but I assure you that it does improve, and even in regards to the first season, you get used to it.

The story is really interesting, the writing is of excellent quality, the humor (while a bit hit and miss in the first season, but still mostly hit) is great, the characters are likable and complex, I'd think you'd really enjoy it, especially if you watched and loved Avatar. What I really like is that they have the entire series planned out, they're planning on 7 books, but what's really interesting is how they're breaking them up. It's all a part of one giant story, but the first three seasons are one arc, the next two are another arc (it will keep the title The Dragon Prince, but has a yet unrevealed subtitle to it), and the final 2 are a third and final arc.

The only complaints I have with the show are the frame rate (again, resolved after S1), the seasons are too short (9 episodes each, and looks to stay that way for the upcoming seasons as well), some of the world building is coming through panels or interviews by the creators, rather than the show (which is sad because the lore is fantastic), and honestly, it can feel like it borrows a little too much from Avatar (similar aspects regarding to lore, character arcs or tropes, etc.). I still highly recommend though.

Always wanted to check it out. I've heard good things about it but the animation has always put me off. I remember seeing a clip a while back that had an absurdly low frame rate to the point it looked like a slideshow.

• So I watched Alita: Battle Angel. I know nothing about the anime and it's my very first anime live action film I've seen. Not a perfect film but fun to watch overall.

• That's nice that they "fixed" the framerate for the second season. Kinda makes you wonder why they decided to go for the low fps style in the first place.

I'll check it out, thanks!

That was a lot of people's complaints in regards to the show, and I'll give them that. It is a bit off putting at times, but there's other t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.