The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Don't forget Float which is released Nov 12th.

AChicken posted: »

Those old Sparkshorts released earlier this year are coming to Disney+! (two new ones are being included as well at later dates. Wind releasing on Dec. 13, and Loop releasing on Jan 10th next year)

• Oh, I hadn't realised that wasn't out yet. I've only seen the first 3 released, and assumed I've been behind on the last one.

lupinb0y posted: »

Don't forget Float which is released Nov 12th.

• It's Halloween. Freaky-deaky anime game Corpse Party is on sale. I bought it.

Wish me luck.

• Put some bacon in the oven which I basted with a sauce made with maple syrup, chilli powder, chipotle powder and some whiskey, then seasoned half of the batch with pepper.

Might actually have been the best bacon I've ever had.

• edited November 2019

In my home country we had something that was pretty much a rip off of Twinkies, called Twiggies, and they tasted/taste really good. They're soft, fluffy and sweet but not too sweet.

While watching tv as a kid I eventually learned that America had something similar and I was pretty curious about them and how they tasted since a lot of Americans seemed to hype it up. It didn't help that years later Hostess filed for bankruptcy and I see a bunch of people on the internet acting like the world was ending. Of course as we know the company and their confectioneries were saved.

Then in 2015 I had moved to Australia to further my studies and one day I happened upon a big candy store that sold a lot of candy from around the world, and to my surprise they sold Twinkies. So in my excitement I got a pack and couldn't wait to try some. Finally after all these years I had acquired the legendary baked good.

I took out one of the cakes and freed it from its wrapper. Then I took a bite, and in my head all I could think was, "Wow, this is really gross." It was way too sweet and had this really weird artificial taste to it, it also left this waxy feeling on tongue. I forced myself to finish the thing and later gave the rest of the box away.

About a year later I had moved to another state in Australia and in an asian grocery store I found that they sold individual Twinkies. I bought one to share with a friend as I was thinking that maybe I had gotten a bad batch or something. Opened it up, split it with my friend and yeap. Still terrible.

• I bought The Forest in Halloween sale. I'm actually pretty surprised that I'm having so much fun with that game. The concept sounded kind of boring and I thought it was just Minecraft but more realistic but boy was I wrong. It looks great for an indie game made in Unity, coming from a student at a Game Design and Development university.

My only problem is those long-ass loading screens.

• When follow up an Attack on Titan meme on Reddit that includes a link to another sub in the comments

• RIP Twelve Forever.

DabigRG posted: »

When follow up an Attack on Titan meme on Reddit that includes a link to another sub in the comments

• YES!

God, I love that logo...

AronDracula posted: »

This...does put a smile on my face. https://twitter.com/SpiderVerse/status/1190373194374377472

• So I just had a flat earther call me retarded for saying shadows can’t be 3D...yep, you know I’ve run out of things to do and say now...having pre-school discussions with grown men who still don’t understand basic science.

• Im kinda convinced most people who are flat Earther's just do it because they just want to do something to make themselves more "interesting" or just "feel better about themselves" by trying and acting like thinking the Earth is flat somehow makes them better than everyone who doesnt. But sadly thats probably me thinking more on the bright side, they probably actually do believe the Earth is flat even when its not a subjective matter and can be proven to be not flat by yourself with pretty basic knowledge.

Melton23 posted: »

So I just had a flat earther call me retarded for saying shadows can’t be 3D...yep, you know I’ve run out of things to do and say now...having pre-school discussions with grown men who still don’t understand basic science.

• edited November 2019

The more I think about Terminator Dark Fate, the more I hate it because it did the same mistake with Alien 3. I really want to watch this garbage only to make a rant about it.

EDIT: it's actually official now. Tim Miller, who directed Terminator Dark Fate, is a fucking shithead who didn't give two shits about the first films and has no idea how to write a good Terminator story.

• Tim Miller
    has no idea how to write a good Terminator story.

Hold on, I heard James Cameron was involved, didn't he?

The more I think about Terminator Dark Fate, the more I hate it because it did the same mistake with Alien 3. I really want to watch this ga

• He was but I heard that he was barely involved in production and Tim Miller is likely the one brought the idea of making this controversial decision.

Tim Miller has no idea how to write a good Terminator story. Hold on, I heard James Cameron was involved, didn't he?

• hey does anybody here watch rwby. I need help with something and I need a rwby fans knowledge

• are you ever going to criticize a director without personally insulting them because they made a decision you didn't like or are you just gonna keep referring to people as "shithead" until cinemasins and doug walker warp the meaning of criticism so much that people will think that's actual criticism

The more I think about Terminator Dark Fate, the more I hate it because it did the same mistake with Alien 3. I really want to watch this ga

• I don't usually blame the directors for bad movies but it's confirmed that Tim Miller doesn't care about the Terminator fanbase and only cared about making a movie for himself. This interview explains it all.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/terminator-dark-fate-director-explains-john-connor-twist-1251466

are you ever going to criticize a director without personally insulting them because they made a decision you didn't like or are you just go

• you can always blame a director for a movie turning out bad, half the time it is their fault and there was no studio meddling. but you can express that without sour words.

as for tim miller, sure, maybe he should have put more effort into being faithful to the series proper (even if that series is 80% dogshit), but making a movie for the fans is ALWAYS a bad idea. you're not even making a movie at that point, you're making useless fan service and trying to satisfy people who are just gonna shit on you anyway. i will always prefer a director making a vision he can be happy with to a director making a soulless factory movie for fanboys who can't look at anything critically and objectively and can only see with their nostalgia goggles on.

I don't usually blame the directors for bad movies but it's confirmed that Tim Miller doesn't care about the Terminator fanbase and only car

• Only seen the first season. Sorry

hey does anybody here watch rwby. I need help with something and I need a rwby fans knowledge

• So you think people have no right to criticize M. Night Shyamalan for disrespecting the source material of Avatar Last Airbender with his movie because he was happy about his work?

Terminator Dark Fate pulled an Alien 3 concept and just shitted on the first 2 films. Not only that, it's basically just another "Cyborg sent back to kill and a protector to save the chosen one" story. Didn't we already see that like 4 times? There are even some aspects that disrespects the mythology of the first films. This movie didn't do jack shit, Halloween (2018) did it much better compared to this cash-grab.

you can always blame a director for a movie turning out bad, half the time it is their fault and there was no studio meddling. but you can e

• So you think people have no right to criticize M. Night Shyamalan for disrespecting the source material of Avatar Last Airbender with his movie because he was happy about his work?

I never said anything like that. The literal first sentence of my comment was "You can always blame a director for a movie turning out bad", I think you should criticize constructively however, and not insult somebody personally for a work they've created unless said creation is harmful to people. I just said the process of making a movie for the fans and nothing else is one that is pointless. It is a useless movie with no real creative vision behind it. You should ideally make a movie for yourself and do your best in making that kind of movie to please the fans. If you fail at that, yeah you should be criticized, but not called a "fucking shithead" and harassed for making a decision that people didn't enjoy.

Terminator Dark Fate pulled an Alien 3 concept and just shitted on the first 2 films.

Listen man, I get you didn't like Alien 3, but the frequency you bring it up at is exhausting. You'd think that since you despise it so much you'd try to distance yourself from it, but much like The Last Jedi you bring it up constantly. I think you'd be happier if you'd just focus on things that make you happy.

Not only that, it's basically just another "Cyborg sent back to kill and a protector to save the chosen one" story. Didn't we already see that like 4 times?

dude that is EVERY terminator movie. you can't blame the son for the sins of the fathers.

This movie didn't do jack shit, Halloween (2018) did it much better compared to this cash-grab.

I have said nothing to the contrary. I also believe it is a bad movie. I also believe in director's deserving creative freedom however which appears to be where we differ.

So you think people have no right to criticize M. Night Shyamalan for disrespecting the source material of Avatar Last Airbender with his mo

• edited November 2019

Season 3 @MetallicaRules

• Yep, just saw, was about to post it myself. They have 7 seasons planned for this show, this is Season 3, and this looks like a huge grand finale. This trailer was so good, I just have no idea how they’re going to be able to do all of this in 9 episodes.

Season 3 @MetallicaRules

• edited November 2019

dude that is EVERY terminator movie. you can't blame the son for the sins of the fathers.

Guess you forgot about Terminator Salvation. A remake of that movie would have been much better.

If you fail at that, yeah you should be criticized, but not called a "fucking shithead" and harassed for making a decision that people didn't enjoy.

I didn't have a problem with Tim Miller until he mentioned his reasons for what he did.

So you think people have no right to criticize M. Night Shyamalan for disrespecting the source material of Avatar Last Airbender with his mo

• terminator salvation is good from a concept point of view but from a storytelling and filmmaking standpoint it's just as generic as any other apocalypse movie. it has nothing substantial to offer other than concepts alone, and while it seems different from 1-3 and genisys, I can assure you it's similarities are anything but subtle.

dude that is EVERY terminator movie. you can't blame the son for the sins of the fathers. Guess you forgot about Terminator Salvatio

• I've watched all the volumes so far.

hey does anybody here watch rwby. I need help with something and I need a rwby fans knowledge

• Okay, the Bloody Harvest for Borderlands 3 event was fun at first, but now, the ghosts are annoying as hell. I'm trying to do side missions and the campaign again, and fighting off ghosts are distracting me. Why isn't there a way to turn it off?

• edited November 2019

fighting off ghosts are distracting me. Why isn't there a way to turn it off?

Dang, that's too bad. Is there really not a feature in there to turn it off, or play offline? (especially since this is some online-synced timed event?)

Dying Light has a "turn community bounties/events off" option, and that can be quite helpful when things change drastically like with the recent -- and brief -- Left4Dead crossover event.
    Speaking of, it was quite cool. It had the game mimic the mobs of running zombies in L4D by constantly spawning Virals to run after you, and you'd always need to be on your toes for one to find you. It was fun and useful to complete the "kill 100/200+" bounty challenges to get the event weapons, but man, it really made you not want to make detours in the open-world. You could barely stop to unlock a crate before one runs up to you.

Okay, the Bloody Harvest for Borderlands 3 event was fun at first, but now, the ghosts are annoying as hell. I'm trying to do side missions and the campaign again, and fighting off ghosts are distracting me. Why isn't there a way to turn it off?

• Temple Run 4: Zombie Horde Parkour Edition.

fighting off ghosts are distracting me. Why isn't there a way to turn it off? Dang, that's too bad. Is there really not a feature in

• So 2 months left and we still didnt get any updates on what's going on with TT, till when?

• Its gonna be Game Awards, they want to make their big reveal to the public during a highly live streamed event and then have some time to talk on stage for a minute or two.

That said I wish they'd fix up the forums but thats probably not gonna happen until right before announcement so, next time this place gets all weird reveal is intimate.

So 2 months left and we still didnt get any updates on what's going on with TT, till when?

• If anything, we should be getting some word from them soon. I'm thinking that, Telltale will reveal something during the game awards. But, that's just speculation! If they've got the rights to TWAU, they're bound to do something with it. We've got to remember that, this is a corporate company. They want to surprise us, whether its a TV ad, A trailer uploaded to youtube, a live reveal, A twitter reveal, the concept goes on...
    So, to summarize my answer:
    Yes, we should be getting some information from them soon. (By soon, I mean 2 or 3 months)

So 2 months left and we still didnt get any updates on what's going on with TT, till when?

The dude literally said: "You can always blame a director for a movie turning out bad"

Terminator Dark Fate pulled an Alien 3 concept and just shitted on the first 2 films.

Then that's your opinion, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Not only that, it's basically just another "Cyborg sent back to kill and a protector to save the chosen one" story. Didn't we already see that like 4 times?

Correct, but thats EVERY DAMN terminator movie!

This movie didn't do jack shit, Halloween (2018) did it much better compared to this cash-grab.

Then go watch halloween (2018), you'd be much happier if that's your opinion.

• Ahhhh, back to my usual profile pic. I love you Sasha, and I’m glad Rhysha is (supposedly) canon, but you got nothing on Clementine wearing a Metallica shirt.

• edited November 2019

Ahhhh, back to my usual profile pic.

Ah, yes. The classic ERROR.jpg "MetallicaRules" (MetallicaRules) profile picture.

jk i know what you're talking about.

Ahhhh, back to my usual profile pic. I love you Sasha, and I’m glad Rhysha is (supposedly) canon, but you got nothing on Clementine wearing a Metallica shirt.

• Then that's your opinion, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

I can not watch it but I can also criticize James Cameron for not doing anything to save his franchise that raised his career in the first place. He totally lost all my respect for him after what he did because I loved the first Terminator films and Aliens. Also, he despised some of the major aspects of Alien 3, yet he did the same thing to his own story. This is something I cannot ignore.

Correct, but thats EVERY DAMN terminator movie!

Salvation too? Cause I don't see it

Then go watch halloween (2018), you'd be much happier if that's your opinion.

That means nothing to me. I didn't love Halloween 2018, the movie was ok at the best but what I meant is that it did much better at reviving its specific franchise than Dark Fate which was nothing but a goddamn traitor.

• Huh, looks normal on my end. Stupid Gravatar.

Ahhhh, back to my usual profile pic. Ah, yes. The classic ERROR.jpg "MetallicaRules" (MetallicaRules) profile picture. jk i know what you're talking about.

• Chef's kiss

It's beautiful!

Ahhhh, back to my usual profile pic. Ah, yes. The classic ERROR.jpg "MetallicaRules" (MetallicaRules) profile picture. jk i know what you're talking about.

• Looks fine to me as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Huh, looks normal on my end. Stupid Gravatar.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.