The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I forgot to remove the Steam mobile authenticator from my old phone (which I won't have access to for three months) and now I can't go onto Steam.

I cri evrytim.

• hi all im back and suprised to see the site still up and running which is awesome

• Has anybody heard anything about lcg gaming and any new games or anything?dosent hurt to ask lol cant wait till they do definitely buying whatever it is!

• No news yet. The working theory is that they'll announce their first project during the Game Awards.

Sd2424 posted: »

Has anybody heard anything about lcg gaming and any new games or anything?dosent hurt to ask lol cant wait till they do definitely buying whatever it is!

• edited November 2019

Two episodes of the Mandalorian are out and I really like the show so far. It has great effects, especially for a tv show, good acting and some really nice looking character and set designs. It very much has a movie sized budget, and it shows. I was afraid that the show would just be some "dark and gritty" action series that's only serious all the time but I'm glad that they don't forget that the world of Star Wars can be a really silly place. Each episode is half and hour long, so just above the average tv length.

I like "the Mandalorian", he's pretty quiet for the most part but it doesn't necessarily mean he's some silent badass that just kills things. He actually does have a personality, even if you don't see too much of it so far. He's surprisingly humble, something I'm glad they made him be. Story-wise it's a bit slow as it's still setting up some stuff for the future, so it's not super story heavy at the moment anyway. It's like a little adventure following some unnamed Mandalorian. Can't really say much else without getting into spoiler territory. It does introduce some things that, as far as I'm aware, hasn't been seen before in the Star Wars universe which is cool. There's also a ton of practical effects, which is great.

However, I just have to say... [SPOILER WARNING]

YO WHAT THE FUCK THAT BABY YODA THING IS SO CUTE!

Overall, I'm excited to see what they have in store next!

Apologies if this reads really weirdly, I'm kinda tired lol.

• Can you call steam support and get them to disable your authenticator?

lupinb0y posted: »

I forgot to remove the Steam mobile authenticator from my old phone (which I won't have access to for three months) and now I can't go onto Steam. I cri evrytim.

• Luckily I actually had lent a friend a spare key to my place before leaving, so they offered to get my old phone and help me deactivate it!

So problem solved :smiley:

Can you call steam support and get them to disable your authenticator?

• edited November 2019

We'll probably need canned applause and a cover by Carly Rae Jepsen at this rate.

hi all im back and suprised to see the site still up and running which is awesome

• Anyone seen the first half of Bojack's sixth season? I'm really excited to see how the story unfolds even if I'm a bit sad that it's the final season.

• Just finished rewatching 'The Last Jedi' since last time I watched it in theaters years ago....

Wtf did I just watched?

• i've rewatched it like 4 times already, i'm absolutely in love with it and if 6b sticks the landing then bojack will have nothing but good seasons for it's entire run

Anyone seen the first half of Bojack's sixth season? I'm really excited to see how the story unfolds even if I'm a bit sad that it's the final season.

• a great film that brings a lot of interesting things to the star wars lore and has a symbolic and emotional story about heroism, depression and guilt? and despite it's many flaws it in terms of pure filmmaking it's one of the most gorgeous star wars films and absolutely outclasses every other disney star wars movie?

Just finished rewatching 'The Last Jedi' since last time I watched it in theaters years ago.... Wtf did I just watched?

• I personally liked it tbh.

Just finished rewatching 'The Last Jedi' since last time I watched it in theaters years ago.... Wtf did I just watched?

• If they haven't they should've put DICK TWIST as a meme reference in Borderlands 3

• edited November 2019

That's ok.

I personally liked it tbh.

• edited November 2019

Not gonna comment on any particular point about The New Trilogy now beyond pointing to Nando's video about Rose.
    Also, anyone else have their profile pic not working?

• God, I've been waiting till the 18th to get the xbox all access and upgrade to the xbox one X but when I went to the amazon link it still says I still have to wait. What's up with this bullcrap?

• A cinematic masterpiece, which not only subverts expectations but also teaches important life lessons about letting go of past mistakes/decisions, dealing with said mistakes moving forward, identity and freedom? Underrated. I get it’s an opinion and all, but have you seen the people who are still making YouTube videos about the thing 2 years after? It’s almost like their brain cells have up and left them.

• edited November 2019

After 20 hours I've finished Jedi: Fallen Order. This is one of my favourite games of the year, it's just really fun to play.

The game takes heavy inspiration from a variety of different games including Dark Souls, Tomb Raider and Uncharted. The combat is surprisingly challenging at times and the movement in general just feels really good. The maps for the most part are massive with lots of hidden areas and loot scattered around, there are a good number of Tomb Raider styled puzzles throughout the game, a few mini bosses, unlockable shortcuts to make map traversal easier, and a good mix of open and linear levels.

Story-wise I don't think it does anything super new and the main character, Cal Kesto, while not terribly written is kind of bland. However I do feel that about halfway through the game it really starts to pick up, both in terms of story and character development. I really started getting invested in Cal story. I even hooted and hollered a couple times out of excitement. Obviously it would've been better if that happened earlier on instead of halfway through the game. I enjoyed Cere and Greeze, the companions following you on your journey, and BD-1 who is pretty dang adorable. The voice acting all around is excellent and the villains are as over the top as they should be.

I highly recommend the game if you're a Star Wars fan, but if you think spending all that money for a 20 hour game isn't worth it I'd say wait for a sale or get EA Access for $15, play it and just cancel the subscription once you're finished.

Overall, this game really makes you feel like a Star War.

• anyone here played yakuza 3 remastered? probably one of the best games ever

• I don't see why people act like 'The Last Jedi' is a existential crisis of a film, I see how some could hate the film's aspects but not how people treat the actors.

• You literally acted like that not even 2 weeks ago in this very thread.

Now if I can say my piece. For the last 2 months I have been watching through all canon star wars movies and shows in chronological order (not for the first time, mind y'all) in preparation for episode 9. Currently about to wrap up Star wars Rebels. And I gotta say, TLJ just does not feel like Star Wars for major parts of the movie. For every episode I have seen so far of the Prequels, of Clone Wars, of Rebels and even of Solo reminds me why I love Star Wars, and what Star Wars is. And personally, for me, Rian Johnson just didn't understand what Star Wars, especially Skywalker Star Wars is. The Force Awakens felt like Star Wars to me. Rogue One felt like Star Wars to me. Even Solo felt mostly like Star Wars for me. TLJ just didn't. Not when I first saw it, and not ever since. And I saw it on premiere here in Sweden which usually releases Star Wars 2 days earlier than the US and many other places, and I felt like this the first time I saw it before the hate started flowing.

I like TLJ as a movie. I do not like TLJ as a Star Wars movie. Not because Rey can do way too much, not because Leia skywalked, not because Canto Blight was a useless location which the movie spent way too long in (which it did), not because Rose prevented the heroic sacrifice of the movie and delivered potenitally the dumbest line in the whole series, counting the Prequels. I can honestly forgive all those mistakes if it just felt like Star Wars.

I can ramble on the disrespect from Rian Johnson against Luke, Snoke, Admiral Ackbar, C-3PO, R2 etc. But I'd rather not.

I've been a Star Wars fan since before I could walk and talk. I've breathed Star Wars for so many years now that I 'd like to think that I know what Star Wars is, and to me, TLJ just wasn't. I'm open for debate though :blush:

That being said I am excited for TROS and what it brings to the table. I'm going in with an open mind hoping for a great conclusion to a great saga. If the Mandalorian is any indication, TROS will be great. I truly hope that is the case.

I don't see why people act like 'The Last Jedi' is a existential crisis of a film, I see how some could hate the film's aspects but not how people treat the actors.

• Lmao. So my old university (which I graduated from last year) sent me an email asking why I didn't submit an assignment for 'Introduction to Nutrition' and asked if I'm having any trouble with the current trimester. Even when I was in the university I was studying journalism, media and film so I've never done a subject anything close to nutrition.

I apologised for not submitting the assignment because I'm not in the uni anymore and asked for an extension.

• edited November 2019

How long did it take you to rewatch everything if I might ask?

I've been planning to rewatch the movies in preparation for ROTS, but I have no plans to do the same for the tv shows, because that's a whole lotta episodes (nearly 200 episodes if I'm right).

captainivy1 posted: »

You literally acted like that not even 2 weeks ago in this very thread. Now if I can say my piece. For the last 2 months I have been watc

• You literally acted like that not even 2 weeks ago in this very thread

I'm not trying to get into an argument, yet I really disagree with everything feeling like star wars. Do bad one liners sound like a star wars thing to you, NO! it's a movie about space communists fighting damn space nazis, not Feminist CEO Calls people 'Mansplainer' just because she gets a ass ton of hate.

You literally acted like that not even 2 weeks ago in this very thread. Now if I can say my piece. For the last 2 months I have been watc

• see this is what I've been talking about, these are all incredibly valid reasons to dislike the film, presented in a clear cut, civil, well presented manor. this is all I want the discourse surrounding the last jedi to be, is thoughtful debate on it's quality and place in the universe. really wish that it wasn't so often devolving into "I wanna kill rian johnson!" "let's shout racial slurs at the actors and bully them off social media!" "this movie is essjaydubbaewe propaganda!", just talking about the god damn movie in an understandable fashion.

• edited November 2019

I wish I spent two months watching these past few films. Instead I was just watching cystal meth manufacturing with some drama.

• edited November 2019

Do bad one liners sound like a star wars thing to you

... Yes. Have you seen Star Wars? The prequel trilogy is almost entirely comprised of bad one liners.

not Feminist CEO Calls people 'Mansplainer' just because she gets a ass ton of hate.

When?

You literally acted like that not even 2 weeks ago in this very thread I'm not trying to get into an argument, yet I really disagree

• Well I started around September 9th or so, and I have watched pretty much every day since (I'd say all in all I have missed maybe 7-8 days). For Clone Wars I watched 1 arc a day, meaning 3-4 episodes a day, amd for rebels it has mostly been 4 episodes a day, 3 sometimes.

I reckon that I'll be done around December 10th. And unless my math skills fails me that would be 3 months. Then I'll see TROS on December 18th.

Yeah. Clone Wars and Rebels is about 200 episodes. Adding in Resistance and Forces of Destiny (2-min episodes though) it would be closer to 230 I think.

How long did it take you to rewatch everything if I might ask? I've been planning to rewatch the movies in preparation for ROTS, but I ha

• ... Yes. Have you seen Star Wars? The prequel trilogy is almost entirely comprised of bad one liners.

don't forget the entire original trilogy has some of the most famous cheesy one-liners in cinematic history.

Do bad one liners sound like a star wars thing to you ... Yes. Have you seen Star Wars? The prequel trilogy is almost entirely compr

• Oh what would a scruffy looking Nerf herder like you know anything about cheesy one-liners :triumph:

... Yes. Have you seen Star Wars? The prequel trilogy is almost entirely comprised of bad one liners. don't forget the entire original trilogy has some of the most famous cheesy one-liners in cinematic history.

• edited November 2019

Just came back from watching Frozen 2. I very much enjoyed it, however I don't think it quite hits the highs from the original which I also very much enjoyed. It has a much more ambitious plot that I don't think it quite nails. There's a story there that's really interesting, but it just isn't told as well as it could have been. The movie itself is extremely nice to look at. You can see all the efforts they put into the water in Moana put to the work in this movie along with an abundance of improvement to other elements. The songs are great, they're very well written for the most part and just overall sound really good but lack the memorability of the songs from the first movie. Into the Unknown is a fantastic song and probably my favourite of the bunch. There's also a number with Kristoff that spoofs early 2000's boybands which I was quite partial to.

Idina Menzel absolutely kills it in this movie. Disney struck literal and metaphorical gold when they cast her in the original and this only further proves her talent. Before the movies release, Into the Unknown was touted as the Let it Go killer, however while I personally like it more, I don't it will take the crown due to its more "complicated" lyrics and more grandiose but less catchier tone, if that makes any sense. Kristen Bell also gives a great performance as Anna who manages to inject a lot of emotion into the character. Her singing is just as full of energy and emotion, though her vocals aren't put to the test like Idina Menzel, making her not stand out as much.

Overall, while I don't think it quite hits the strides of the original due to its more ambitious plot, Idina Menzel and Kristen Bells performances as Elsa and Anna alone make this something you should probably check out if you were at all a fan of the original or just like musicals in general.

• Cool-looking but DAMN IT NO SIGNS OF TFTB

@Poogers555

• I've got a quick question; if I made a 'The Mandalorian' discussion thread, would you guys read/discuss it?

• Looks very cool, kinda wish they revealed Tim would be a big part of it seeing how everyone already knows, would have made the trailer a bit more interesting.

Also Im kinda glad it comes out in like a month, I thought it may have been next week. Ill have a lot more time to play in December. But that said. please increase the bank space so I can actually go back and play I have no inventory gearbox please

@Poogers555

• I still think a TFTB DLC is probably going to happen. They do have a set up in the base game.

Also this is more of a theory seeing how an original leak way before got literally everything correct in a very specific way except Gortys and Fiona appear, it may be possible it was pushed to become DLC. (pretty sure at one point they were probably thinking of having Gortys take the role of Balex but changed it all around.)

AChicken posted: »

Cool-looking but DAMN IT NO SIGNS OF TFTB

• edited November 2019

Helios Fallen is in the trailer for a few seconds, there are multiple shots of it.

Edit - around 37 seconds in, also this was supposed to be a reply to @AChicken, no clue what happened with the formatting

AChicken posted: »

Cool-looking but DAMN IT NO SIGNS OF TFTB

• Fiona and Gortys were in separate leaks (Gortys leak had MUCH more legitimacy. Everything but Gortys came true) I think Sasha and Gortys are locked for DLC.

Also, I don't think Balex and Gortys switched roles, Ice-T's cameo and Balex had been worked on and rumored for years.

Poogers555 posted: »

I still think a TFTB DLC is probably going to happen. They do have a set up in the base game. Also this is more of a theory seeing how an

• When has it been rumored for years Ice T was going to be in Borderlands 3? Rumors only seem to have started in March when he just straight up said that "theres rumors Im in Borderlands 3."

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Fiona and Gortys were in separate leaks (Gortys leak had MUCH more legitimacy. Everything but Gortys came true) I think Sasha and Gortys are

Sign in to comment in this discussion.