LCG/Telltales first new game has been leaked... SPOILERS INSIDE. (UPDATE: DEC 2ND: 3rd Game found?)

edited December 2019 in General Chat

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/telltale-batman-shadows-edition#industry

Telltale Batman: Shadows Edition

Smh with the Australian Classification Board leaking all these Telltale Games. This happened before with Minecraft Season 2. Hopefully this thread isn’t a shitshow like that one. For now, it looks like LCG is trying to start streamlining a pipeline of income so that they can fund their “shortlist of games” which includes Wolf 2.

UPDATE: THERE IS MORE WHAT THE FUCK???

Wait... what the fuck is Batman: Noir????????

https://steamdb.info/app/498240/depots/

New DLC?
New season?
Codename for the remaster?
Renamed first season?
New build of season 1???

SteamDB is describing it as a “Unused DLC” meaning that it very well could just be a new build of the game being used by LCG.

UPDATE DECEMBER 2ND: ANOTHER BUILD OF BATMAN SEASON 2 HAS BEEN ADDED TO STEAMDB

Batman Noir: The Enemy Within

At this point I’m guessing each season is getting a remake or they’re removing all the Telltale branding and remarketing it as Batman: Noir.

Comments

• So they’re going to put Batman into one huge bundle, similar to what Skybound did with The Walking Dead recently. It’s not a bad idea, probably a quick way to generate revenue and get some publicity without spending a lot of money, and for a company that is trying to take care of its costs to avoid the pitfalls of the original Telltale, it could work.

• Are you fucking kidding me? THIS is what they're announcing?

• This might not be the only thing, and even if it is, like what me and the OP said, it’s probably just to start getting some more income for the company so that they can keep going.

booper posted: »

Are you fucking kidding me? THIS is what they're announcing?

• edited November 2019

I get the reasoning behind it but it's still disappointing. If this is just a bundle like I think it is, this could have been announced in a month or two. It's not worth the months of radio silence and secrecy, and it's barely what I'd consider a new project.

This might not be the only thing, and even if it is, like what me and the OP said, it’s probably just to start getting some more income for the company so that they can keep going.

• I'm only asking for an image man come on!

• Reading the new info, it's probably going to be the same game with a noir (black and white) filter. I really don't see it being an entirely new season or DLC.

• The DLC addition is most likely what they are using to run this collection.

Also for those worried this is what they will only announce at the Game Awards- probably not. Making your comeback and wasting an announcement slot at the VGA's with a collection of 2 games that are barely 3 years old is some serious smooth brain energy. Walking Dead Definitive Edition was a big ass failure, but it was cheap to make and on the heels of the devs who saved the game. But making your first impressions after buying the rights to games and the first thing you do is announce a collection like that when theres a lot of tarnish around your name brand? Not the best move, makes it look like youre just trying to make a cheap buck off a company you brought back for the reason everyone though you brought it back; to re-sell another companies games.

Wolf 2 is no where near a state where it can be leaked via classification ratings. I still think its highly likely they'll announce Wolf 2 at the VGA with This Batman collection as a nice "And hey while you wait for that you can download this now!" type of deal.

If this is what they actually do at the VGA's with no Wolf 2 then Im a bit worried about the future of this company if they honestly think that is a good idea to get public interested.

• It's not a bad business decision. Batman's probably the most marketable IP in Telltale's portfolio.

Maybe it will return a profit.

• whatwhatwhat

Ok, yeah, probably a re-release. Though I'd actually be okay with that IF a) Batman Season 1 has all of its performance issues killed and shot into the sun with a cannon AND b) it lets more people experience Batman Season 2 which is a major improvement in both performance and story on S1.
    Still hoping that they announce Wolf 2 like Poogers keeps saying, but personally, I've always thought that December would still be way too early to get enough ready for an announcement. Plus, I doubt we'd see a new Telltale game until late Summer 2020, at the earliest.

Also, I find it funny how Telltale's name still isn't being used even in the classification rights. It's just LCG and Athlon Games...

• Again, Poog, we're assuming they're even going to be there. I hope they are and I'm trying to believe, but we're assuming a lot out of nothing.

Poogers555 posted: »

The DLC addition is most likely what they are using to run this collection. Also for those worried this is what they will only announce a

• They own the telltale tool so its probably just a nice remaster. I wouldn't mind rebuying but I hope there's some worthwhile additions since uh season 1 and season 2 have been on sale for really dirt cheap lately.

• Classification this close to the game awards kinda implies it will be there. The people running Telltale do have connections to Game Awards people so they can easily be there if they want to.

Again, Poog, we're assuming they're even going to be there. I hope they are and I'm trying to believe, but we're assuming a lot out of nothing.

• Its not that bad of an idea as it probably doesnt cost them much money at all but its worth noting a new Arkham Batman game is happening very soon so... 2 Batman games, one is brand new and the other is just a collection of older more niche games, its pretty obvious what will happen to the former.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

It's not a bad business decision. Batman's probably the most marketable IP in Telltale's portfolio. Maybe it will return a profit.

• If Wolf 2 is announced at VGA Im expecting it to be as simple as the Telltale Batman S1 and GOTG trailers. Just very very very basic with really nothing else other than "The game is being made."

AChicken posted: »

whatwhatwhat Ok, yeah, probably a re-release. Though I'd actually be okay with that IF a) Batman Season 1 has all of its performance issu

• “noir” = black and white filter. Now that’s a wild assumption to make.

Anyway, as a response to the main thread: if it is a remaster and/or DLC, it’s not a bad idea. If they properly advertise it it could do a lot better than Skybound’s TWD Definitive Edition because a) not as many people bought Batman compared to The Walking Dead, so they won’t be buying the same game again, and b) DC is gaining steam again with recent movies in the DCEU, as well as the Matt Reeves / Robert Pattinson Batman film coming up, compared to quickly decreasing relevance of The Walking Dead franchise.

Reading the new info, it's probably going to be the same game with a noir (black and white) filter. I really don't see it being an entirely new season or DLC.

• I've said it before, Telltale just has to make a Star Wars title. Everything Star Wars makes a shitload of money. The game would be centered around good and evil choices and whatever you choose will determine by the end of the game if your character becomes a Jedi or a Sith. A bunch of well choreographed quick-time events like batman, a good story and that game WILL make millions.

• edited November 2019

Everyone said the same thing about GOT when that was big. Guess how that turned out?

Buying up expensive IPs they couldn't afford is what dug their grave the first time. Besides, the market is oversaturated with Star Wars. You can't get away from it these days and people are getting sick of it. For something like that to sell it has to be very unique and put itself above the competition in some way beyond being a CYOA game

I've said it before, Telltale just has to make a Star Wars title. Everything Star Wars makes a shitload of money. The game would be centered

• I'm basing this off the Batman Noir books DC put out years ago and the "noir" editions of trades they reissue every so often. Whenever "noir" is used as a subtitle for anything DC releases it's usually a story done in black and white, i.e Watchmen Noir, The Killing Joke Noir, etc

hemfbg posted: »

“noir” = black and white filter. Now that’s a wild assumption to make. Anyway, as a response to the main thread: if it is a remaster an

• Its a bit confusing to be honest. I highly doubt its DLC as it would be atleast one new episode and I doubt they could have made that by now seeing how it was classified and rated, meaning its somewhat close to release.

But I cant think of what they can even "add" to justify a repurchase other than something like a filter. I guess time will tell but it just seems strange that their first thing is a bundle of 2 somewhat recent games.

And although you are correct about Batman in the spotlight, theres a problem that a new Arkham game is going to be officially announced pretty soon and highly likely to be released next year. Something tells me that if they dont release this bundle before the new Arkham game is announced, it will just be left in the dirt and sell horribly.

hemfbg posted: »

“noir” = black and white filter. Now that’s a wild assumption to make. Anyway, as a response to the main thread: if it is a remaster an

• Honestly it depends on marketing. GOT and GOTG should have sold like crazy but they didnt, Hell GOTG came out right around GOTG Vol 2 and it sold like complete ass. Telltale really needs to just make their marketing not trash like Old Telltale was.

I've said it before, Telltale just has to make a Star Wars title. Everything Star Wars makes a shitload of money. The game would be centered

• Ah, I didn’t know that! Interesting.

I still doubt that it is just a black and white filter though. I don’t see the point of it, especially considering how colourful and vibrant The Enemy Within was. To remove the colour from it would feel like a waste.

I'm basing this off the Batman Noir books DC put out years ago and the "noir" editions of trades they reissue every so often. Whenever "noir

• edited November 2019

I think in the case of GOTG it could be brand fatigue. IMO, Telltale games work best when they're based off IPs that don't get a lot of love or that not a lot of people know about. It's part of the reason why TWD worked: it came out very very early into the show's lifespan and struck while that iron was hot. It's why more people recognize Fables through TWAU than the source material. Even Strong Bad is fondly looked back on.

If they continue to make games based off DC properties, a Watchmen game that takes place before the comic ala TWAU would be great. I could also see something like Hellboy working out well for them.

Honestly it depends on marketing. GOT and GOTG should have sold like crazy but they didnt, Hell GOTG came out right around GOTG Vol 2 and it sold like complete ass. Telltale really needs to just make their marketing not trash like Old Telltale was.

• I guess we’ll see. The only things I can think of that they could add would be cosmetic stuff such as improved environment design and different character models (like in The Witcher 3 where you can change Yennefer, Triss and Ciri’s default models in the settings). But I don’t know how viable that is, considering how expensive it would be compared to how much the player would actually gain from it.

Its a bit confusing to be honest. I highly doubt its DLC as it would be atleast one new episode and I doubt they could have made that by now

• Which reality will we receive fellas?

• edited December 2019

Huh, that's... unexpected. I mean cool, I guess bundling both Batman games isn't such a bad idea, but I don't know how they're going to convince people to buy it since right now you can get both Batman seasons for 4 bucks each. I guess we'll find out pretty soon what exactly this edition includes.

Anyway, if this really was the only thing they were planning to announce this year, then that would be a big lol.

• It wasn't advertised

Everyone said the same thing about GOT when that was big. Guess how that turned out? Buying up expensive IPs they couldn't afford is what

• Agreed

Honestly it depends on marketing. GOT and GOTG should have sold like crazy but they didnt, Hell GOTG came out right around GOTG Vol 2 and it sold like complete ass. Telltale really needs to just make their marketing not trash like Old Telltale was.

• That is if they don't buy the Knack licence.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

It's not a bad business decision. Batman's probably the most marketable IP in Telltale's portfolio. Maybe it will return a profit.

• Knack 2 baby. Mastahpiece

That is if they don't buy the Knack licence.

• Tales from the Knackerverse.

That is if they don't buy the Knack licence.

• You can get both seasons of Batman for $4 each. This bundle is probably going to sell for $40. Idk man.. if this is the case, I'm guessing it'll sell just as well or slightly better than TWD Defintive Series. Umm.. yeah gyuys I know I said I'd support new Telltale because of how much I appreciate it, but.. umm, yeah sorry I'm going to save my money for Wolf 2.

• Yeah I really don’t get their logic here. I can’t think of what they can add to justify purchasing it when like you said you can both games dirt cheap these days. Honestly it’s probably going to be some kind of filter.

It’ll probably make them some money because it’s so cheap but I doubt it’ll sell well. Just seems like a terrible way to bring back the company. Hopefully they have more to say than this.

Ghetsis posted: »

You can get both seasons of Batman for $4 each. This bundle is probably going to sell for $40. Idk man.. if this is the case, I'm guessing i

• edited December 2019

That and it's like... why Batman? I loved The Enemy Within, but both seasons sold like old milk and iirc were considered Telltale's biggest flops. I guess I wouldn't mind a new season somewhere down the road, but it doesn't make any sense why they'd start with that when they have Wolf 2, a game whose cancellation was VERY well publicized that people are demanding they bring back every day. It was even a question brought up in that fireside chat thing they did in September.

I'm cool with them using a Batman bundle to get some steady income flowing to help them with Wolf 2 (even though it doesn't make sense because you can get both seasons on sale for less than $10 rn) but if this is seriously all they're going to announce after making us wait all this time, they're fucked in the head.

If they need money so bad, just make a Kickstarter for Wolf 2. That bitch would get funded in a week.

Yeah I really don’t get their logic here. I can’t think of what they can add to justify purchasing it when like you said you can both games

• Doesn't EA have the exclusive rights for Star Wars games?

• Yeah, i'm just fantasizing ovet here

dojo32161 posted: »

Doesn't EA have the exclusive rights for Star Wars games?

• If they need money so bad, just make a Kickstarter for Wolf 2. That bitch would get funded in a week.

Very true

That and it's like... why Batman? I loved The Enemy Within, but both seasons sold like old milk and iirc were considered Telltale's biggest

• Batman Noir.
    Noir means black, and Batman does wear a black suit. Batman Black sounds stupid, so they call it Batman Noir.

• Call it Star Wars: Story Mode

Spoilerino

• uhhhhh- gamers?

• Is it truly happening? 👀

uhhhhh- gamers?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.