Press Release: AdHoc Wolf 2 brings back Lead Writer+multiple creative/game directors+Bay Area Sound

“ Bigby and Snow are returning to untangle more mysteries in the much-anticipated sequel to one of Telltale’s most beloved games, The Wolf Among Us. Award-winning voice actors Adam Harrington and Erin Yvette are back to breathe life into the main characters (Bigby and Snow). The lead writer, creative/game directors, and composer of the original game are back for another trip into the dark universe of Vertigo’s Fables graphic novels in The Wolf Among Us 2.”

http://bit.ly/BigbysBack

Comments

• I am overjoyed with this news, words can’t describe.

• What a time to be alive

• SO HAPPY! This is how you do it!

• edited December 2019

So here’s my question. Wolf 2 was originally announced a couple of years ago in that Summer update video. That supposedly had no involvement from Pierre and Nick (founders of AdHoc and original writer/director of S1). While not much might have been planned, I’m sure some story beats and aspects of the narrative were developed, maybe even some draft work. Now, with the new Telltale and Pierre + Nick’s involvement, how much did they change, incorporate, or remove from what the original Telltale made before the shut down?

• I rolled my eyes so far back in my head. Fuck this shit.

• edited December 2019

Were you crying over the news?

I am overjoyed with this news, words can’t describe.

• edited December 2019

I totally understand and all, but it is a new company, why are ex workers still complaining about the lay offs?

• edited December 2019

This is some of the best news there is but sadly so many people are so dumb they dont even realize how Adhoc are the people behind Season 1. This is literally the best case situation we could have asked for. It already has more people who worked creatively on Season 1 than what Season 2 would have been with old Telltale. This is the absolute best fucking outcome we wouldnt have even gotten back in 2017 when it was originally announced.

• edited December 2019

Despite the high I'm feeling on this announcement, this misinformation and overall TELLTALE BOYCOTT is reaaaallly grinding my gears tonight.
    Like, FUCK. This Telltale isn't that Telltale. This is a new one with new people, with a smaller studio, with (hopefully) people that won't get overworked, laid off, or exploited for to make money-machine games.

https://twitter.com/demanrisu/status/1205342921823621120 I rolled my eyes so far back in my head. Fuck this shit.

• Its really frustrating. I'm just muting each one I see on my feed :L

AChicken posted: »

Despite the high I'm feeling on this announcement, this misinformation and overall TELLTALE BOYCOTT is reaaaallly grinding my gears tonight.

• Also I just gotta say I love what Jarred did with this track. That mix of the original theme and also feels like its inspired by Stranger Things, it fits so damn well!

• Apparently it's not going to come out in 2020. RIP me.

• https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/12/telltale-confirms-it-will-make-the-wolf-among-us-2/

Amazing news, AdHoc will be in control of the narrative. And the engine is "Unreal".

• source it doesnt release in 2020? Pretty sure they havent given any type of launch window yet

booper posted: »

Apparently it's not going to come out in 2020. RIP me.

• edited December 2019

Also its going to be released in episodes but still but no type of release scheduled plan yet. My bet is that they are just going to go for a release all at once approach, so its still episodes, but you wont have to wait months in between.

Box Tv posted: »

https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/12/telltale-confirms-it-will-make-the-wolf-among-us-2/ Amazing news, AdHoc will be in control of the narrative. And the engine is "Unreal".

• Poogers555 posted: »

source it doesnt release in 2020? Pretty sure they havent given any type of launch window yet

• Other sources have said they only said they dont have a release date all, in fact most of them say this, I wouldnt worry about it homie.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2019/12/12/the-wolf-among-us-2-telltale-ceo-discusses-new-sequel/#11ce89ef47ad

• They talked directly with Telltale's new CEO:

Newman: There is no release date yet, but more broadly, are you thinking this is a 2020 game?

Ottilie: We aren’t announcing a release date just yet, but I can say it won’t be in 2020. We have rebooted development of Season 2 and intend to give it the time and care it deserves to bring the vision to fruition.

Poogers555 posted: »

Other sources have said they only said they dont have a release date all, in fact most of them say this, I wouldnt worry about it homie.

• That is amazing news indeed i can see why they delayed the game now.

Box Tv posted: »

https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/12/telltale-confirms-it-will-make-the-wolf-among-us-2/ Amazing news, AdHoc will be in control of the narrative. And the engine is "Unreal".

• Damn, Forbes was being annoying and not loading the full article.

Sucks its pretty far away but if any game deserves time and care its Wolf 2.

dojo32161 posted: »

They talked directly with Telltale's new CEO: Newman: There is no release date yet, but more broadly, are you thinking this is a 2020 gam

• I just found out.

Wow. It's happening. It's finally happening and I'm so happy!
    Adam Harrington and Erin Yvette are back! Jared Emerson Johnson is back! AdHoc is helping! I love the new logo, the teaser looks promising - I'm here for it!

• Nice to know that they're aiming to make their next game after Wolf 2 a new IP that wasn't previously done by Telltale. I wonder if it'll be a totally original game or just a game based on an existing property.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2019/12/12/the-wolf-among-us-2-telltale-ceo-discusses-new-sequel/#11ce89ef47ad

• edited December 2019

They changed everything. Wolf among us season 2 was going to only have 3 episodes total because of budget cuts. Now with the announcement of the original writers coming back.....I mean it's a fucking time to be alive <3

So here’s my question. Wolf 2 was originally announced a couple of years ago in that Summer update video. That supposedly had no involvement

• Let's just hope no surprising cancelation happens while the game is being cooked ha ha....ha

• These guys have already demonstrated they understand how to run a business way better than old Telltale ever did, not worried about that.

Feelin kinda bad for doubting them during the whole Batman leaks, got pretty worried they were gonna pull an old Telltale move for a while there

Let's just hope no surprising cancelation happens while the game is being cooked ha ha....ha

• Holy moly! While I wasn't that surprised by the reveal due to the leaks, I still didn't expect the involvement of AdHoc. You know, it's pretty funny that now this might even be a better version of the game than what would we get originally. :smiley:

• So wait, is Telltale just a publisher now and AdHoc will be developing their games, or is Telltale still a developer and AdHoc are just helping them out?

• Telltale went defunct years ago, LCG is publishing 'The Wolf Among Us: Season 2' on behalf of telltale. And, Adhoc is completely working on this game! So, It's safe to say, this game is in good hands!

So wait, is Telltale just a publisher now and AdHoc will be developing their games, or is Telltale still a developer and AdHoc are just helping them out?

• Good news either way!

Telltale went defunct years ago, LCG is publishing 'The Wolf Among Us: Season 2' on behalf of telltale. And, Adhoc is completely working on this game! So, It's safe to say, this game is in good hands!

• Yes it is.

Good news either way!

• Bigby is back after almost 5 years!! Congratulations everybody!! Gonna die from happiness!!

• Just noticed when Wolf 2 releases, Wolf 1 will be 8 years old.

8 years. Jesus.

• so wolf 2 was not dead but delayed until telltale found new owners wolf 2 is gonna be a good relaunch game and hopefully true to the telltale stlye

• Already sounding more promising than what we would have gotten if Telltale never shut down in all honesty. Adhoc was such a pipe dream of "What if they got to make Wolf 2..." and it actually happened.

donmike84 posted: »

so wolf 2 was not dead but delayed until telltale found new owners wolf 2 is gonna be a good relaunch game and hopefully true to the telltale stlye

• Is Melissa voicing Snow now? Cause that legit sounds like her in the teaser

• It's Erin Yvette again.

Is Melissa voicing Snow now? Cause that legit sounds like her in the teaser

• No, it's Erin Yvette for sure. Her and Adam Harrington are confirmed to reprise their roles.

• Holy shit

• No, but she'll more than likely do a voice or two like before.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.