New Tweet From AdHoc: Purple Ribbon

edited January 2020 in General Chat

Maybe a soft confirmation on the “Nerissa was Faith” theory?

Comments

• edited January 2020

This is interesting. I wonder what this actually means. I mean it could mean nothing about the story but it really seems like some kind of tease. I wonder if they are actually going to make a real direct sequel. Im honestly really suprised if they do. One of the things I always was confused about Wolf 2 not happening for so long was unlike other Telltale series, Wolf 2 could easily work as a "soft-reboot" each season with it being a new mystery and would actually work in this approach instead of what they kept doing with Walking Dead soft re-booting.

Either way, very interesting tweet and Im excited to know what the story is, "truly direct" sequel or not. (Honestly I do hope there is a lot of direct sequel type of "feel" to the game while also telling something new.)

Also interesting how that paper has the crooked man logo under all the pics separately.

Edit: You know actually that billboard with all the pictures was never really explained why it was there and who took the pictures. I mean I figure Crooked Man is involved somehow but thinking about it it is a bit odd its there, maybe it specifically ties into season 2 like Bigby is looking at these photos post investigation.

Asso I hope Telltale does more stuff like this. They should really invest in doing ARGs with fans and the community to keep buzz as well as it fitting the whole mystery style of the game, would like to see them do stuff like that closer to launch.

Also one more edit: Someone in the tweet said collectors edition and honestly I could see that happening. If anything I think this may be what it is hinting which also means damn I just wrote a long ass thing for nothing.

Anyway end of essay.

• edited January 2020

I'm guessing it probably means nothing. They confirmed where the cards are from a few hours ago.

Poogers555 posted: »

This is interesting. I wonder what this actually means. I mean it could mean nothing about the story but it really seems like some kind of t

• edited January 2020

I actually was just about to come here and post this damn

Is a bit weird they posted this though. Would be pretty cool if they just made more of those special staff editions and did a collectors thing but overall it may not be that likely. I hope Wolf 2 at least as a collectors edition, would be the only collectors edition Id ever buy.

booper posted: »

https://twitter.com/theAdHocStudio/status/1212810328762793985 I'm guessing it probably means nothing. They confirmed where the cards are from a few hours ago.

• edited January 2020

I have a feeling they just might, or at the very least may do a bundle with season 1 + season 2 with some kind of gimmick like Batman got. The first season never got a re-release in any form so something like an HD remake or a color filter like the Shadow Edition seems like a logical choice. Absolute best case scenario would be a collectors edition with swag like an art book and a figure.

I actually was just about to come here and post this damn Is a bit weird they posted this though. Would be pretty cool if they just made

• I just love how TWAU still holds up better than Batman today. Better framerate, more pleasing to the eye, less glitches.

booper posted: »

I have a feeling they just might, or at the very least may do a bundle with season 1 + season 2 with some kind of gimmick like Batman got. T

• Yeah if they want to re-release Wolf it probably makes sense to make it a collectors edition type of thing as Wolf doesnt really need any visual improvements. One of the best held up Telltale games graphically as it really nails a unique style. The only real tech limit for it after recently replaying it is that a lot of animations arnt that smooth.

Ghetsis posted: »

I just love how TWAU still holds up better than Batman today. Better framerate, more pleasing to the eye, less glitches.

• edited January 2020

Honestly as crazy as it is to say, I think the Telltale Game that holds up best visually wouldn’t be Wolf, but rather a tie between Batman Season 2 and Minecraft. Batman Season 2 was the only Telltale Game that really felt “polished” looking and Minecraft was a really good fit for the tool because of how simple the animations were and how there was next to no clipping.

Some things in Wolf, like the REALLY BAD clipping with cigarettes, knives, etc really hold it back form being #1 regardless of how good the Noir lighting was.

Yeah if they want to re-release Wolf it probably makes sense to make it a collectors edition type of thing as Wolf doesnt really need any vi

• In terms of a re-release though it would probably make more sense to do some kind of merch bundle as like we both said, the animation glitches is the part of the game that makes it feel not as polished, but visually its at a point where it doesnt really make sense to alter it with a filter or anything like that, and re-selling a game with the pro being "Dee's shotgun no longer shakes around in episode 3" isnt really a selling point. If they ever do a re-release/remaster I wouldnt mind having those animation bugs fixed with it but if it ever happens it will probably just be a collectors edition with the base game.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Honestly as crazy as it is to say, I think the Telltale Game that holds up best visually wouldn’t be Wolf, but rather a tie between Batman S

• I don't know man on my normal ps4 it wasn't 60 frames while TWAU was. But still, I agree, Bman S2 and MCSM S2 are both fantastic and arguably better than wolf.

Honestly as crazy as it is to say, I think the Telltale Game that holds up best visually wouldn’t be Wolf, but rather a tie between Batman S

• Is this related to S2 or just stuff they had around from S1?

• It's something the cast from the first game got as a gift.

Is this related to S2 or just stuff they had around from S1?

• Some things in Wolf, like the REALLY BAD clipping with cigarettes, knives, etc really hold it back from being #1.

Don't forget all the clipping with bigby's mullet!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.