Deleted TWAU Footage - possible prototype trailer?!?

Yeah, soooo, this is a thing I guess.

Comments

• Is this um...an out-of-season April Fool's joke?

• I.. guess it could be possible? This video was released on November 6, 2013 (after the release of Episode 1), and I've never heard "Tumbleweed" associated with Telltale.

So, it's either a fan-made thing using models just for fun, or some sort of outsourced animation test for Telltale?
    @Poogers555, thoughts?

• I see Georgie's original model and Cinderella are being used here.

• No, its not.

AronDracula posted: »

Is this um...an out-of-season April Fool's joke?

• I honestly think this is fan made, or made for fun.

not a meme.

• Not fanmade or for fun as far as I know. :P

I honestly think this is fan made, or made for fun.

• Its most likely a demo real from an animator at Telltale who goes by Tumbleweed and then edited it in this way. If I had to guess a lot of this is probably from when Wolf Among Us wasnt in the style of The Walking Dead. A lot of people seem to forget Fables was in development first.

AChicken posted: »

I.. guess it could be possible? This video was released on November 6, 2013 (after the release of Episode 1), and I've never heard "Tumblewe

• To me, it looks like it could've been a prototype trailer before Harrington called for drastic changes toward the script of the game

Poogers555 posted: »

Its most likely a demo real from an animator at Telltale who goes by Tumbleweed and then edited it in this way. If I had to guess a lot of t

• Did Harrington call for drastic changes toward the script of the game?

To me, it looks like it could've been a prototype trailer before Harrington called for drastic changes toward the script of the game

• Yes, there were reportedly several drafts for the story and he didn't like them, he wanted them to fit in with the canon of the Fables series.

EDIT: WILLINGHAM, I MEANT WILLINGHAM!

Ghetsis posted: »

Did Harrington call for drastic changes toward the script of the game?

• You’re thinking of Bill Willingham, not Adam Harrington. (Voice of Bigby)

To me, it looks like it could've been a prototype trailer before Harrington called for drastic changes toward the script of the game

• meza stoopid hed. Its willingham, not harrington.

• Some parts, Cinderella and that is used in this Demo Reel too.

• So this has basically confirmed that these were the animation studios who worked on the telltale games? Or at least, some of them.

captainivy1 posted: »

Some parts, Cinderella and that is used in this Demo Reel too.

• No it's just the animators (Armando Lluch) demo reel. These are just some of the animation work he's done for Telltale and Visceral.

So this has basically confirmed that these were the animation studios who worked on the telltale games? Or at least, some of them.

• Ah, seems that we've both debunked one theory, and confirmed one.

lupinb0y posted: »

No it's just the animators (Armando Lluch) demo reel. These are just some of the animation work he's done for Telltale and Visceral.

• edited January 2020

Im assuming a lot of this Cinderella stuff was before they decided to change Wolf up after Walking Dead released. I read somewhere Wolf was originally not that serious. This Cindy stuff looks like its straight out of Batman. I doubt this was the type of content they swapped out for Wolf 1 during that long wait between eps 1 and 2 as tonally Cindy doing back flips off sky scrappers doesnt fit at all, so Im assuming this is animation is from like 2011 early 2012 build of the game.

captainivy1 posted: »

Some parts, Cinderella and that is used in this Demo Reel too.

• Since they have a finished model of her that's still in the game's files, I'm assuming she managed to make it pretty far into development and was one of the last things to be cut. They seemed to really, really want to use her. I wonder where this puts her chances of showing up in the sequel.

Poogers555 posted: »

Im assuming a lot of this Cinderella stuff was before they decided to change Wolf up after Walking Dead released. I read somewhere Wolf was

• This Cindy stuff looks like its straight out of Batman.

So is that scaffolding and pink-jumpsuit (rough animation model) supposed to be used for TWAU? Wow, because that looks -- as you say -- Batman levels of advanced action. And this is supposed to be Cinderella?! I need some backstory on that. That's amazing (if tonally jarring for a detective noir story) they considered putting such a character inside.

• I wish I could find where I saw this but apparently it wasnt originally that serious of a game as it was before Walking Dead, but then they got Walking Dead and started working on that, the game blew up, so they made Wolf more serious and having Cindy be like this would kill the tone of the game. It seems back when this game was just called Fables it was much more later Fables inspired than early Fables.

I do wonder what they were planning to do with Cindy. As said she does have a model in game, but its street clothes, not a jump suit. If Cindy is added hopefully there isnt anything like this as I dont feel it meshes well with what Wolf 1's themes and tone were.

This Cindy stuff looks like its straight out of Batman. So is that scaffolding and pink-jumpsuit (rough animation model) supposed to

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited January 2020

Cinderella is a secret agent in the comics specializing in interrogation, spying and assassination. Her shoe store, The Glass Slipper, which you can actually secretly find and look at in episode 1, is just a cover for her spy work.

This Cindy stuff looks like its straight out of Batman. So is that scaffolding and pink-jumpsuit (rough animation model) supposed to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.