The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I dont think they'd design it to do the things I mentioned, those were just jokes, that's a good way to have a companion be subject to a rather brutal beating by the angry gamer.

I think it'll be used to encourage positive behaviour, to help control gamer rage, and one aspect of it that I really like, is it being a friend to those who may not have other people to play with.

Imagining the companion be there for a child, or even an adult who may need them, it warms my heart, because video games are used as an escape from the world, I think it would be great to introduce something to accompany the person and allow them to have fun with, with that solely in mind, I do hope to see this become a reality soon, as it is needed.

It would be a pretty smart and expensive toy if it could do all of that. If it were able to screw with your console like that. In order to

• Its def interesting but sadly it was probably cut due to time and not due to game pace or anything.

I do think the most interesting thing is Cindy was going to appear at some point. Who knows when that idea happened or where it was gonna go but its interesting knowing they got that far and debating introducing her for a sequel tease.

DabigRG posted: »

@Poogers555 Forgot to say, interesting that they nearly finished a final hub for Season 1 that would've wrapped things up in a nicer bow.

• I’ve been playing on PC for 5 years and even I’m buying a Series X. It’s about time I start playing with all my friends.

Since the under 25 demographic is overwhelmingly obsessed with consoles, only like 4 or 5 people out of all my friends can actually play with me.

So I watched this Trailer from IGN, and I have to say... I'm speechless

• edited April 2020

Essentially. You don't record dialogue or establish prompts if you weren't gonna use it.

Cindy is weird to me in that they apparently did have a model for her according to the Tweedles' office and I heard she plays a major role in the comic. So her getting cut out by that much indicates a plot or focus change that made her extraneous.

Poogers555 posted: »

Its def interesting but sadly it was probably cut due to time and not due to game pace or anything. I do think the most interesting thing

• So I was just searching around trying to find something to watch while staying home over this virus crap. (Hopefully things will get better soon and some places will probably open soon)

I found this and I love it! Ricky Gervais makes me happy to laugh and love the Hollywood Celebritie bashing.

• oops I

did it again :(

• I have never felt so empty over one event, it is like I have done everything. I've watched pretty much every show I desire to watch, I have listened to music pretty much every second of my life this quarantine. I just wish for this quarantine to be over, people think this is an introvert's dream, but it is not. This virus fucking sucks, I can't wait for it all to be over.

• Just finished watching The Willoughbys on Netflix, which I posted the trailer for on here a few weeks ago.

It's great, I really enjoyed! I love the storybook visuals and stop motion looking animation, and the story and characters are funny and heartwarming. It has plenty of dark humour as well which added to the fun. If you're looking for a nice little animated movie and you have a time to kill I absolutely recommend it.

Netflix is really nailing it in the animation department and I absolutely love it.

• edited April 2020

I plan to watch it this weekend with the family, glad to hear it's great!

lupinb0y posted: »

Just finished watching The Willoughbys on Netflix, which I posted the trailer for on here a few weeks ago. It's great, I really enjoyed!

• I logged onto Animal Crossing to find some of my villagers throwing me a surprise birthday party. I can't believe how cute it was holy shit.

Pretty much me while it was happening.

• Yeah, being stuck indoors now feels like a nightmare. I walk so much now that I have to use band-aids on my toes to avoid blisters. I just don't get too close to people and keep my hands to myself. I went to visit a Lake. Walked along some backwoods roads close to town and found out the area was in a wildlife sanctuary. Even got to go to the cemetery to see my dead Aunt. It's just strange that only now I want to go out and see it all. Or maybe I'm just part of the problem. (lol I've seen the memes) If I get too antsy I might continue the trek to the next town over.

I have never felt so empty over one event, it is like I have done everything. I've watched pretty much every show I desire to watch, I have

• I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, then while watching Cinemasins sin it, I came across this fucking part (1:04).

• edited April 2020

I remember watching this movie when I was 13 years old my mom rented it from a Blockbuster store and got candy and popcorn as well but it’s sequel I (highly don’t recommend it) A plot of the story was stupid and it just ruins pretty much everything the first movie even stand for it to begin with .

AronDracula posted: »

I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, then while watching Cinemasins sin it, I came across this fucking part (1:04).

• Yeah, I don't remember anything about this movie, except Robin Williams and Rami Malek (This dude never aged though)

But I got so triggered when I just heard the word "Umbrella Corporation" in this video, from the movie nonetheless. Cause recently I've been playing all the latest Resident Evil games.

I remember watching this movie when I was 13 years old my mom rented it from a Blockbuster store and got candy and popcorn as well but it’s

• I’m guessing he was one of the very first Umbrella employees to ever get fired.😆

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, I don't remember anything about this movie, except Robin Williams and Rami Malek (This dude never aged though) But I got so trigger

• edited April 2020

So Nintendo may not yet be finished with Amiibo, according to the tweet below, they've recently filed a patent for the Amiibo:

Nintendo filed a new amiibo related patent https://t.co/tDE1to0ywY

SHE AIN'T DEAD YET, BOYS! pic.twitter.com/XZXq9Y8Yo1

— amiibo Alerts (@amiiboAlerts) April 23, 2020
  • I've been a console player all my life, I have wanted to get into PC, preferably build my own, but it doesn't click with me, my uneducated mind is thinking of the constant maintenance and replacing of parts, it may not be as big of a deal as I may think, but because I'm not too knowledgeable in it, I may or not be jumping to an unrealistic conclusion.

Four or five people is still a bit of a crowd, obviously the more the better, but I've around the same on console, and when I do play online, it is usually a good laugh

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I’ve been playing on PC for 5 years and even I’m buying a Series X. It’s about time I start playing with all my friends. Since the under

• Damn I'm really surprised and even impressed at DomtheBomb. Not only is he making money just by giving out news at the games he played but also got noticed by Telltale, Skybound, Life is Strange, and even Melissa Hutchison. I hate to say this but I'm actually kinda jealous of him too.

• @MetallicaRules

Us USA Netflix people are getting 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' on may the 1st. I was thinking about you when I saw the news, figured I would let you know. :)

• edited April 2020

I...I don't know what to say, other than...

It's actually going to be available May 15th, but still, amazing news.

@MetallicaRules Us USA Netflix people are getting 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' on may the 1st. I was thinking about you when I saw the news, figured I would let you know.

• edited April 2020

What what what WHAT

Deku, enjoy this damn show!
    Also, I'm so happy for you Metallica! Definitely great news, since you were lamenting its absence a week ago (partly my fault since I got the idea of the film in your head).

(I've heard rumors that HBO managed to license some of Nickelodeon's catalogue for their HBO Max streaming service. Luckily that's not the case.)

For anyone on the fence or uninitiated about Avatar, take it from me, a guy watching its final season: This is an essential, iconic cartoon series, that I seemed to have jumped in on 15 years late. It's worth it if you're at all a fan of animated shows.

@MetallicaRules Us USA Netflix people are getting 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' on may the 1st. I was thinking about you when I saw the news, figured I would let you know.

• I know theres a pretty good amount of people who dont like Dom and his content, but I do respect what he has gained with his channel and the following its given him within these communities.

That said, I'm really not a fan of how much it seems he doesnt actually care about what content he is making or who he is making it for. It comes off as very obviously chasing money. Almost all his videos he always mentions some youtube statistics like how many views a video got, how many likes, what to do for him to grow more, how many viewers he has who arnt subbed, "too many of my viewers arnt sub you better sub I know the percent of you who watch but dont sub I swear if you don't subscribe!!!!" It just really doesnt feel like he does it because he has a genuine enjoyment of doing it.

And I could easily be wrong about that, but Im not a fan of his tactic of almost shaming people to give support. And as someone who also does multiple kinds of video production I can understand wanting to have the needs for whats needed so you can have this as a job full time, but the way he does it doesnt sit right with me. It comes off as fake and almost obvious the interest is in money, not so much content creating. Almost every video theres always some weird catch about supporting thats more than just "If you liked this, like and subscribe" theres always some sort of statistic brought up and because that statistic isnt right you better start supporting better!"

I feel he should stop doing that if he wants to actually gain support. Im sure I'm not the only one who can see through how obvious it is. Truth is he probably does genuinely loves playing most of these games, but I'm unsure if he actually enjoys making the content/ cares about content quality. If I had to give him any advice I'd tell him to stop with the support shaming and just starting making what he wants to make. He already has about 250k subs, thats a great stepping stone. Make what you truly want when you want to make it. Some of your audience will fall off but others will hop on. Just never chase numbers.

Anyway thats my DomTheBomb speech no one asked for.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Damn I'm really surprised and even impressed at DomtheBomb. Not only is he making money just by giving out news at the games he played but a

• I can't wait, either. I've never watched the show, but I am definitely going to give it a try when it gets on Netflix!

I...I don't know what to say, other than... It's actually going to be available May 15th, but still, amazing news.

• That said, I'm really not a fan of how much it seems he doesnt actually care about what content he is making or who he is making it for. It comes off as very obviously chasing money. Almost all his videos he always mentions some youtube statistics like how many views a video got, how many likes, what to do for him to grow more, how many viewers he has who arnt subbed, "too many of my viewers arnt sub you better sub I know the percent of you who watch but dont sub I swear if you don't subscribe!!!!" It just really doesnt feel like he does it because he has a genuine enjoyment of doing it.

It is pretty annoying if you watch his streams you would find he tries to promote his channel alot which I'm against. He pretty much says the usual generic youtuber thing often "make sure to leave a like and don't forget to subscribe". Sometimes he will even ask for more likes on his stream then the amount of people watching it.

And I could easily be wrong about that, but Im not a fan of his tactic of almost shaming people to give support. And as someone who also does multiple kinds of video production I can understand wanting to have the needs for whats needed so you can have this as a job full time, but the way he does it doesnt sit right with me. It comes off as fake and almost obvious the interest is in money, not so much content creating. Almost every video theres always some weird catch about supporting thats more than just "If you liked this, like and subscribe" theres always some sort of statistic brought up and because that statistic isnt right you better start supporting better!"

I agree he could do it better. But I know he tries to get as much views as possible. I know he did skip school just so that he could play a new game that comes out on day one to get the most viewers as possible which I think is pretty bad.

I am glad though that Dom took over when Gameover Ent dropped out, though I think Gameover Ent was better.

I know theres a pretty good amount of people who dont like Dom and his content, but I do respect what he has gained with his channel and the

• someone tell me which is better because I cant decide thanks again for coming to my ted talk

• I think that probably sums it up pretty well. I think he is just way too obsessed with numbers. Really gotta focus on just making what he wants and when he wants to do it.

And I've seen some of his stream clips, that sadly seems to be him at his worst when it comes to asking for support. I wish him good luck though, hope he figures out to not chase after money it will only make him miserable.

Menofthe214 posted: »

That said, I'm really not a fan of how much it seems he doesnt actually care about what content he is making or who he is making it for. It

• This video really shows his true colors. He lashes out on his fans and gets mad at them for not donating.

I know theres a pretty good amount of people who dont like Dom and his content, but I do respect what he has gained with his channel and the

• edited April 2020

Lol this just appeared on the Playstation subreddit.

https://www.thegamepost.com/2020/04/23/telltale-games-new-batman-season/

Basically, the article boils down to: "Telltale changed their Facebook Cover Banner to that of Batman and Joker. SEASON 3 CONFIRMED???"

Many of the top thread comments though don't look too promising.
    From confusion that they're apparently not dead, to talk of the previous two games flopping, to disappointment that they're wasting their money on licensing IPs again, to their engine needing to change.
    Sigh... I really hope Telltale steps up their game (both figuratively and literally) for TWAU 2. At least that one is the most fan-favourite and anticipated of their series, so it will most likely not fail. TTG just needs to prove that they can make a choice-based game with way more ambition and "choices mattering" than the Old Guard. (sorry, old Telltale crew. Batman S2 proved you could do it! But, too little, too late.)
    The two new owners have quickly gained some of my trust, with how they believe the new company should operate (way better than the last time), so that's good.

• wolf 2 is high risk high reward: if it flops, then LCG TTG is gone for good. If it thrives, we get a new IP and more.

In other news, Batman Shadows Edition FINALLY released for Switch on April 2nd, around 3 months after other releases, hope LCG gets some more income from that.

AChicken posted: »

Lol this just appeared on the Playstation subreddit. https://www.thegamepost.com/2020/04/23/telltale-games-new-batman-season/ Basicall

• Say what you will about Fortnite, but...
    Last night, Fortnite held its second virtual concert, this time brought to you by rapper Travis Scott. (Last year, there was a concert held by DJ Marshmello.)

Anyways, this 10-minute concert -- Astronomical -- is an amazing technical feat that Epic Games pulled off and is proof (if we ever needed any) that what just happened can only be fully experienced through the medium of Video Games. I can't really explain what this concert is, other than it constantly shifts and drops the player into new areas and scenery, playing with the environment and various lighting effects. You'll get thrown in the air, can jump really high, shot into space, and more.
    I've never heard of Mr. Scott, and I can't say I'm a fan of his music, but this concert event itself really impressed me.
    Basically, it starts with a virtual stage set up, then shatters the expectation of the stage being used by making the entire Battle Royale island itself the stage. Complete with a 50-foot-tall Travis Scott dancing and singing around the place, getting weirder and more psychedelic by the minute. Oh, and there's a huge Amusement Park Planet looming on the horizon. This happens simultaneously across the globe on thousands of servers.

Still with me? No? Just watch this for yourself.

Dare I say it, download Fortnite just to experience this event for yourself. It's the most impressive piece of work the animators and designers at Epic have pulled off. There are about 4 other showings in this "virtual tour".

• I doubt they are teasing anything, they first changed the profile pic to Joker because of the EGS sale, then they sale ended so they just put it back to how it was while keeping Joker as the profile pic.

I've said this before, Wolf 2 will be a huge hit if they stop being linear. They need to make it very very very obvious how different your story will be based on your choices. Truth is, Youtube 100% had a massive part of killing Telltale. Its hand in hand. Before Telltale games has enough differences and reason to want to play for yourself, but their later games got so linear and the overall quality kept dropping that a ton of people just figured "Why am I spending 25 bucks to play something that I can get 90% of the same experience on Youtube? They should really focus on having the game be non-linear and make that a big focus with their marketing, make it abundantly clear "choices actually matter this time."

Personally I'd recommend a more "web" design for Wolf 2, a design old Telltale couldnt do because they were episodically releasing episodes. I feel a better design would be it starts the same for every player and ends the same, but that middle part branches all over the place, and you get scenes and discover new evidence in much different orders than other players, but by the time you finish, you will still have caught the bad guy, just how you did it actually being different.

An example using season 1 of how this could potentially work. Imagine a narrative where some players find out Crane has been sleeping with prostitutes made to look like Snow at the end of episode 2 like always. Now, lets say some players dont find this out until mid-way through episode 3 and Crane has a more determinant role. What if this was determined by who you took in for questioning. If you took in the Woodsman, Dee and Dum are able to clean up Crane's mess and they found the photos before Bigby can, but in the process instead we find evidence pointing towards the Tweedles involvement and we figure out they are going to Lily's funeral to further cover everything up. The episode would now end with Bigby rushing off there instead of that reveal of Crane. That narrative would need some twisting for this alt episode 3 as now the focus would be mostly on finding the Tweedles until say at the Tweedles Office you find the evidence of Crane's involvement which would then bring it back to finding Crane. Obviously its a complex thing to do and a lot more work is needed than this example Im proposing to make sure it flows together nicely as this is a basic example, but its not so linear and binary like old Telltale was.

Old Telltale could never do this because they released episodically. They cant have players find something major out like Crane's involvement at the end of one episode, but for others they dont find out, because when the episode ends, everyone just googles other choices and endings and then bingo, now everyone knows Crane is crooked. If it all releases at once like it seems it will, that problem goes away as everyone just plays the next episode. And Telltale needs non-linear stories more like this to grab interest, where major plot strings actually change and happen at different times than everyone else. It gives way more weight to the player interaction even though at the end of the day, it will still lead to the same conclusion.

AChicken posted: »

Lol this just appeared on the Playstation subreddit. https://www.thegamepost.com/2020/04/23/telltale-games-new-batman-season/ Basicall

• I made something in blender today.

• This might just be the best thing to come out of the DOOM Eternal/Animal Crossing crossover meme.

• edited April 2020

Ok, this is the one. Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we've found our winner.
    I don't think this can be topped.

This might just be the best thing to come out of the DOOM Eternal/Animal Crossing crossover meme.

• edited April 2020

PlayStation and Guerrilla Games are planning a trilogy of Horizon Zero Dawn games, with Horizon Zero Dawn 2 set to release on the PlayStation 5.

Multiple sources have told VGC that Sony Interactive Entertainment has greenlit ambitious plans for the post-apocalyptic open-world franchise, which debuted in 2017 with the ten million-selling Zero Dawn.

Amsterdam-based Guerrilla had always desired to deliver a series of Horizon games – and a multi-part script was written – but the plan was only officially agreed after the original game’s strong debut on PlayStation 4.

The next instalment, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, started development soon after the first game’s successful release, sources said. Initially, the game was planned for PlayStation 4. However, it’s thought that development has now entirely shifted focus to Sony’s next-generation console.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is said to be ‘gigantic’ in scope with a larger game world and more freedom to explore it than in its predecessor. People with knowledge of the game also indicated the inclusion of a co-op feature, although it’s not clear if this is delivered via the main story or a separate mode.

At one point Guerilla was planning to release a standalone co-op game preview, with progress carrying over to the later, full version of Zero Dawn 2, one person involved told VGC. However, it’s not clear if these plans are still in place.

A co-op feature was initially planned for the first game but was ultimately scrapped so the development team could focus on other areas of the title. Zero Dawn concept art that leaked online in 2014 – verified by VGC – even shows initial plans to have multiple players battle the game’s huge mechanical beasts.

Guerrilla’s work on a sequel has recently been suggested by a series of job advertisements, which mention an open-world game featuring quests and creatures.

PlayStation has even made possible reference to how the PS5’s innovative controller could impact gameplay in Horizon. System architect Mark Cerny and CEO Jim Ryan have said the DualSense’s adaptive triggers will help players feel the tension of their actions, “like when drawing a bow to shoot an arrow”.

A PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn and a Horizon comic book series set after the events of the first game will be released this summer, possibly linking into the sequel.

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/horizon-zero-dawn-2/

• There is a full version? I must find it. Maybe make it my new ringtone.

This might just be the best thing to come out of the DOOM Eternal/Animal Crossing crossover meme.

• Correction. Ringtone made.

• I’m assuming you found it based on your next comment, but here’s the full version of the song.

There is a full version? I must find it. Maybe make it my new ringtone.

• I would have been more than happy with just a Horizon Zero Dawn 2, to hear they're already planning for it to be a trilogy is even better.

This is the first I’m hearing of a Zero Dawn comic, I’ll have to check it out.

PlayStation and Guerrilla Games are planning a trilogy of Horizon Zero Dawn games, with Horizon Zero Dawn 2 set to release on the PlayStatio

Sign in to comment in this discussion.