LCG Has Officially Gained The Rights For Tales of Monkey Island

edited June 2020 in General Chat

Here's hoping Tales From The Borderlands is next.

https://www.telltale.com/tales-of-monkey-island/
https://www.telltale.com/category/games/

@Nikolah Does this mean that the Monkey Island forum section can be reopened now?

Comments

• This is so great to hear! I wonder what else they can grab? Maybe Wallace & Gromit

• HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME

• Never played Tales From Monkey Island, but this is some good news. Perhaps we will see the return of other classic Telltale games.

• That's pretty cool, its good to see their first step of obtaining an old license to be successful. Hopefully they can nab back the rest of them!

• edited June 2020

Damn cool. Does this do anything about re-listing the game on storefronts?

Does this mean that the Monkey Island forum section can be reopened now?

Does anyone use this section anymore? (Before the closure, I mean)

• Ah. Was that good and/or do people like that one?

I remember the Grady Standard backup dancers evidently took choreography from it, so clearly Telltale loves it.

• It’s back up on Steam and GOG as of yesterday, not sure about consoles, but the Wii version is long gone since that systems store shut down in like 2015.

AChicken posted: »

Damn cool. Does this do anything about re-listing the game on storefronts? Does this mean that the Monkey Island forum section can be reopened now? Does anyone use this section anymore? (Before the closure, I mean)

• Monkey Island fans seem to all really like it

DabigRG posted: »

Ah. Was that good and/or do people like that one? I remember the Grady Standard backup dancers evidently took choreography from it, so clearly Telltale loves it.

• Glad they're showing some signs of being alive. The radio silence made me really nervous. I wish we had an update on Wolf's development and if it suffered a lot due to covid.

• Hi folks. It's been awhile since I was last on here. Can't believe Telltale is back. Although I have digital downloads in my Telltale Account for Tales, I'm going to purchase Steam edition. I hope it comes to the new consoles this year too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.