TFTB returning to stores on February 17th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - rated for Switch in Taiwan

Comments

• edited November 2020

Gearbox... 2K... Bruner House...

goddamn goatee bearded prick Bruner

Poogers555 posted: »

You see an announcement "Tales from the Borderlands: Remaster! Available Now!" You click the youtube link. It is finally happening! The company logos appear... Gearbox... 2K... Bruner House...

• New vtest update:

Surely this has to be coming soon? They've been updating the Steam build A TON over past week.

• Maybe we should keep an eye open at the Game Awards

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

New vtest update: Surely this has to be coming soon? They've been updating the Steam build A TON over past week.

• Imagine...

dojo32161 posted: »

Maybe we should keep an eye open at the Game Awards

• Deadass bout to make another fucking summoning circle for the game awards again

• edited November 2020

Rhyiona episode announcement pls

Deadass bout to make another fucking summoning circle for the game awards again

• Feel free. I'll bring snacks.

Deadass bout to make another fucking summoning circle for the game awards again

• Honestly kinda hoping with how Telltale now has sorta formed a small partnership with Skunkape and Dan Connors and in general working with a lot more og staff, I’m kinda hoping that maybe all this Vtest stuff has been related to all that. I mean vtest builds are implying actual changes in the build, so someone is changing something within the actual game, and I don’t see how Gearbox would be doing this for so long on their own without Telltale/people who know how to use the Tool. Dan Connors and his people seem to have just been doing Sam and Max but are also pretty chummy with New Telltale it seems. So Gearbox if they wanted to use the tool would need to partner with Telltale or Skunkape realistically if they wanted a group of people who understood the tool. (That or they freelance people but by the time these updates started I can’t imagine anyone else who knew how to use the tool didn’t have a job at that point and that would be a good contract for them.) So I’m kind of hoping that maybe this Vtest thing may be similar with Dan Connors remastering Tales or something?

I don’t know this comment is kinda messy lmao- anyway game awards summoning circle will commence!

idk anymore

• Another one? Geez. This is so weird, hopefully something comes of it.

vtest builds are implying actual changes in the build

Well that's interesting. I guess we should be looking at the Game Awards this year then. That seems to be the only big place nowadays for surprise announcements... (unless Tales Remastered gets announced in January or something)

༼ つ ◕--◕ ༽つ GIVE TFTB ༼ つ ◕--◕ ༽つ

idk anymore

• I wouldn't count on it being Dan and the skunkape team. Their priorities seem set on making sure the Sam & Max remasters turn out smoothly. I couldn't see them being big enough to also tackle a tales remaster on the side. I do think something is being worked on, but its hard to tell. Hopefully we will finally know what the heck this is "soon".

Honestly kinda hoping with how Telltale now has sorta formed a small partnership with Skunkape and Dan Connors and in general working with a

• edited November 2020

Hopefully we will finally know what the heck this is "soon".

Gearbox PROUDLY presents...

...Tales from the Borderlands: The "Definitive" Edition

featuring bugs and upscaled 4k textures!

I wouldn't count on it being Dan and the skunkape team. Their priorities seem set on making sure the Sam & Max remasters turn out smooth

• I’d agree with that. I’m mostly just saying how it would be pretty crazy if they entered a similar partnership like AdHoc had with Telltale and the wishful thinking is that whatever is happening with Tales right now involves former staff.

And yeah I really want to know what this is by now. I think the first update was back in April now.

I wouldn't count on it being Dan and the skunkape team. Their priorities seem set on making sure the Sam & Max remasters turn out smooth

• I just want to know at this point

• They’re still doing stuff

• Why do I feel like this is gonna be the same case as it was with Batman: Shadows Edition? We'll be anticipating the announcement of TFTB's rerelease at the game awards, and then it'll turn out it's not being announced. But, then... Bam! At 3AM, we'll be blessed. Just a hunch, but damn.

• edited November 2020

I think Shadows Edition was a bit of a different case as I think they probably originally were planning to announce both at the Game Awards but decided to split the announcement so that Wolf 2 was more in the spotlight for that week. Why not just have it revealed at the Game Awards as well who knows (as if it played before Wolf 2 and then transitioned into it I feel it would have been good for both but who knows, could have easily been they could only afford one slot at the show.)

That said yes I am excited for randomly on January 11th the revealed of Tales from the Borderlands Remastered.

Why do I feel like this is gonna be the same case as it was with Batman: Shadows Edition? We'll be anticipating the announcement of TFTB's r

• I just bought a physical copy of Tales to replay it. Still a great game 🙂

• new vtest update 14 hours ago: don’t care enough to screenshot nothing new

• edited November 2020

don’t care enough to screenshot nothing new

new vtest update 14 hours ago: don’t care enough to screenshot nothing new

• December 10th, 2020

• edited December 2020

minecraft story mode season 3 here i come

December 10th, 2020

• wtf why would you not send screenshots for something substantial ugh

new vtest update 14 hours ago: don’t care enough to screenshot nothing new

• It's just a bunch of random numbers lmao

; ( I want news too man

wtf why would you not send screenshots for something substantial ugh

• edited December 2020

new vtest update

wtf are they changing? I'm expecting a visual upgrade like Sam and Max got at this point. I'm sure they're optimizing it with better animations and textures.

This has to be more than turning on the choice servers again or changing licensed music and copyrights in credits.

• An extra Rhyiona episode ain't no easy undertaking, I'm tellin' ya.

new vtest update wtf are they changing? I'm expecting a visual upgrade like Sam and Max got at this point. I'm sure they're optimizing it

• This man spitting straight facts.

You love to see it.

BigBadPaul posted: »

An extra Rhyiona episode ain't no easy undertaking, I'm tellin' ya.

• That is it, I am starting a NumbersMatter movement.

I kid. In all seriousness, I think we might be hearing something soon.

It's just a bunch of random numbers lmao ; ( I want news too man

• Okay, another updated happened but I'm gonna need someone to do some digging because this is potentially extremely good news.

If I recall correctly, TFTBL does not support Brazilian Portuguese correctly. There is an actual issue specifically for it that can be found here at 2K support:

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/218352628-Tales-From-The-Borderlands-Known-Issues

Now, the real question here is if anyone can go back and see if TFTBL ever had listed to support Brazilian as a base language for the game. Sadly this is a bit harder to check as the store page simply just list English like a lot of older Telltale games simply say. If someone is able to see if the addition to Brazilian to the base language is new that would mean TFTBL is being worked on.

However, I am also not super familiar with how Steam store set ups work, and this may actually mean it is being updated so that whenever they update the Steam page (for re-release) instead of simply saying it supports English, it would list all the languages in the pic, like most modern Telltale games do.

If that is the case means whatever is happening with TFTBL is probably going to be announced soon as they may be prepping for a store page update.

End of conspiracy theory.

• YO IT'S GOTTA BE COMING

Okay, another updated happened but I'm gonna need someone to do some digging because this is potentially extremely good news. If I re

• Well, tried checking and learned that my save files for TFTB are just gone, so RIP me

Okay, another updated happened but I'm gonna need someone to do some digging because this is potentially extremely good news. If I re

• Could- could it be...?
    This is actually happening?

• I don't really think you can check by simply booting up the game as the language changes based on what your computer says your language is. We can only check by finding some sort of archive showing all supported languages in an official place. (Im pretty sure if someone wants to sign in Steam Database you can track down the last time baselanguages was changed if someone wants to go on that deep dive)

And also same here, my saves were lost as well. Pretty sure Steam cloud stops working for delisted games.

dojo32161 posted: »

Well, tried checking and learned that my save files for TFTB are just gone, so RIP me

• Also not super related, it seems New Telltale has gotten the rights for good ol Telltale's Texas Hold'Em but for whatever reason requested Steam stop selling it. Huh.

• Good. Poker Night was better.

Also not super related, it seems New Telltale has gotten the rights for good ol Telltale's Texas Hold'Em but for whatever reason requested Steam stop selling it. Huh.

• I guess we will see at the Games awards with a possibility of Tales from the borderlands rereleased or a S2 and a another and hopefully The Wolf Among Us S2 trailer and released date. I hope that happens. I need more Wolf Among Us!

• Dec. 11th, 2020

• you get a random update for TFTB
    no change notes
    you turn the game on
    first thing you see

"Tales from the Borderlands 2 coming 2021"

• edited December 2020

Makes complete sense. It wouldn’t move ANY copies. Even Puzzle Agent is probably only making Telltale $10 a day. A .99 cent 2005 game that sucks isn’t making any money.

I always assumed the rights to Texas Hold ‘em were acquired by LCG in September 2019 but they didn’t do anything with them. The distribution rights to that game probably costed around $1000.

Also not super related, it seems New Telltale has gotten the rights for good ol Telltale's Texas Hold'Em but for whatever reason requested Steam stop selling it. Huh.

• Well apparently it cost something and they didn’t get it which is weird as I really assumed Poker Night and Texas was just part of the Telltale brand but doesn’t seem like. Really weird they bothered buying it back just to make it so you can’t buy it when you already couldn’t buy it.

Also it seems Telltale is simply going by Telltale now and not Telltale Games which was another pretty recent change.

Makes complete sense. It wouldn’t move ANY copies. Even Puzzle Agent is probably only making Telltale $10 a day. A .99 cent 2005 game that s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.