TFTB returning to stores on February 17th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - rated for Switch in Taiwan

Comments

• Not gonna lie, there would be something funny about never learning. In a twisted sort of way, yes.

dojo32161 posted: »

We will never learn what any of this was ever about.

• Pain.

Not gonna lie, there would be something funny about never learning. In a twisted sort of way, yes.

• Am I tripping or is this a picture of TFTB with updated visuals? It looks really good maybe I'm overthinking it

• edited December 2020

Nevermind I was overthinking, just hadn't seen the game in a while I guess.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Am I tripping or is this a picture of TFTB with updated visuals? It looks really good maybe I'm overthinking it

• tfw all the replies to that Gearbox tweet are "you ruined Vaughn's character."

Gearbox really went and killed 2 Telltale characters, huh?

Am I tripping or is this a picture of TFTB with updated visuals? It looks really good maybe I'm overthinking it

• I'm the fastest man alive

• every time vtest is updated

Please... please I just want to know what vtest is already

I'm the fastest man alive

• edited January 2021

I'm starting to think we might have gotten the bad ending here,damn it.

Poogers555 posted: »

Dec. 11th, 2020

• Sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to your future lover.

I'm the fastest man alive

Sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to your future lover.

• MAN.

• not ok

• Hot damn, you didn't have to go at him that hard.

• edited January 2021

Be sure to tread softly around these parts. He will not hesitate.

Hopefully dojo will will not find any discrepancies or innuendos in this post.

• edited January 2021

Inb4 Dojo removes this meme due to being a bit too much for the forums political guidelines.
    Wham! Triple threat!

But yeah, goddamn Dojo, that one was a deeeeep cut.

not ok

• new vtest update 6 hours ago

not taking a pic existance is pain

• There better be something behind these updates, cause otherwise I think each vtest is probably just adding one new hair to make up Rhys' glorious stache.

new vtest update 6 hours ago not taking a pic existance is pain

• Been thinking about how Trouble by Cage The Elephant is in Borderlands 3’s credits but tucked away instead of just being the end credit song

• So something did come out of Telltale kinda randomly advertising Texas Hold Em but they did confirm in the comments that they are still looking to secure the rights to their old games. I know there was a bit of confusion after the last batch they gained back as it wasn't super clear if they were done or would keep trying.

So looks like they are still looking to get more Ips back, so thats good.

• edited January 2021

I hope they can get Minecraft just because of the financial security it could provide them. I also think Back to the Future and Game of Thrones would be good fits for LCG

Tfw the next rereleased games are Bone and Law and Order Legacies

So something did come out of Telltale kinda randomly advertising Texas Hold Em but they did confirm in the comments that they are still look

• Vtest update 6 hours ago

• I still find it funny that this game didn't go back on shelves with Borderlands 3's release, considering some of the characters in that game.

• Here we all worried about if Tales is actually being worked on by Gearbox and not Telltale when really we shouldnt be because we all know Gearbox doesnt actually care about Tales.

Ghetsis posted: »

I still find it funny that this game didn't go back on shelves with Borderlands 3's release, considering some of the characters in that game.

• why would gearbox care about tales if they don't even care about borderlands 3 LOL

have you guys seen the leaked directors cut content it's ass lmao. Obvious cash grab

Here we all worried about if Tales is actually being worked on by Gearbox and not Telltale when really we shouldnt be because we all know Gearbox doesnt actually care about Tales.

• eh, it's there for people who want it

Unless it's overpriced, but I wouldn't know

why would gearbox care about tales if they don't even care about borderlands 3 LOL have you guys seen the leaked directors cut content it's ass lmao. Obvious cash grab

• I'll wait until we see what it truly is but it was accidently leaked by Gearbox so this probably is all it is but the "Director's Cut" is basically just some side quests from Ava for a murder mystery and then just a place where you can read about cut content. How this translate to director's cut and not "Ava's Murder Mystery" is pretty crummy to do, as director's cut makes everyone think its you know, a directors cut where content that didnt make it into the base game is now added in, not the "Pay us 15 dollars to read about cut content" cut.

I'll wait to see if there is more to it but seeing how it was leaked by Gearbox accidently revealing what was going to be in the director's cut page too early, it doesn't really seem like it.

Ghetsis posted: »

eh, it's there for people who want it Unless it's overpriced, but I wouldn't know

• So this seemed to have gone under peoples radar, but TFTBL was rated by PEGI for PS5 and XBSX Dec 18th 2020.

Def promising, but Tales was also awkwardly rated again along with Telltale's GOT back in 2019 and nothing happened. Also it seems 2K is publishing if this is accurate. (But there is a chance New Telltale is involved with the project. Probably cutting it slim now, but seeing how Telltale technically doesn't publish themselves anymore, if we are lucky 2K is simply publishing for them.)

• edited January 2021

It's near impossible for New Telltale not to be involved. They own the complete rights to the Telltale Tool. If TFTB was reformatted for Series X and PS5 then yeah they definitely had some emails exchanged at the minimum.

So this seemed to have gone under peoples radar, but TFTBL was rated by PEGI for PS5 and XBSX Dec 18th 2020. Def promising, but Tales

• edited January 2021

Also worth noting it's (incorrect) release date is the same as Borderlands 3 on PS5 and Series X

So this seemed to have gone under peoples radar, but TFTBL was rated by PEGI for PS5 and XBSX Dec 18th 2020. Def promising, but Tales

• Wasnt BL3 released with the PS5 and XBSX upgrades at launch?

Also worth noting it's (incorrect) release date is the same as Borderlands 3 on PS5 and Series X

• So to add on to this, I think this isn't a mistake. Here is the original TFTBL rating by pegi from 2014

The description is different which would be very unlikely if its a mistake. Looks like the game has been truly rated again.

• Tales from the Borderlands Re-Relase trailer starts playing.

No Telltale Games or AdHoc Studio logos

• edited January 2021

Yeah, that'd be bad.

It'd be worse if it was somehow a next-gen exclusive title. (cries in PS4)
    Honestly... I don't think Telltale is quite yet at the spot where their games won't run on current-gen, or a re-release of one of their old titles either.

Tales from the Borderlands Re-Relase trailer starts playing. No Telltale Games or AdHoc Studio logos

• Damn, is it finally happening? Aw yiss, it's been so long.

You know, it'd be nice if they fixed some of the bugs as well, like Zer0's voice for example. Can't believe Telltale never got around to it even though they acknowledged it in the AMA. 😅

• Seeing how it seems higher ups just wanted Tales to wrap up already while the leads pushed against them, I got a feeling something happened trying to finalize Zer0's voice and they were stuck having to release it on Oct 20th and were hoping they'd get the greenlight to fix it after, but higher ups said no.

Pipas posted: »

Damn, is it finally happening? Aw yiss, it's been so long. You know, it'd be nice if they fixed some of the bugs as well, like Zer0's voice for example. Can't believe Telltale never got around to it even though they acknowledged it in the AMA. 😅

• So I dont play Fortnite but they keep having Troy Baker do these reality log things as promos and a lot of it is Rhys energy writing. Apparently its written by Eric Stipe, thus someone who actually wrote for Rhys. So now Im just thinking about alternate universe BL3 where Rhys is Troy Baker and being written by someone who wrote for Tales.

What could have been.

• I like how this thread slowly morphed into a general thread for TFTB desperation.

• edited January 2021

So I dont play Fortnite but they keep having Troy Baker do these reality log things as promos and a lot of it is Rhys energy writing. Appare

• hypothetically let's say everything was ok

I like how this thread slowly morphed into a general thread for TFTB desperation.

• I looked it up on youtube and it's just like Rhys talking to Yvette

Also the second trailer makes me think of Rhys gathering and giving descriptions of all the vault hunters

AChicken posted: »

Some of the tweets in question, for anyone wondering: they really do have big Rhys/Troy Baker energy. https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/st

Sign in to comment in this discussion.