The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Us when it does finally release.

Poogers555 posted: »

8 years Wolf 2 really gonna release Oct. 11th 2023, huh?

• Nearly 5 years after its announcement seems like a fairly realistic estimate. Would this make it the Telltale game with the longest development time?

Wolf 2 really gonna release Oct. 11th 2023, huh? That seems a bit optimistic, doesn't it?

• gasp
    I LOVE it!!

lupinb0y posted: »

I love it

• I think its a bit odd, most Telltale games were probably closer to 2 years. (First year was getting everything set up for episode and future and then the year following was releasing live.) I don't really think 2020 was a proper development year for Wolf 2 as based on who was working at the company at the time it seems the main focus was writing a script. It wasn't until half way through this year it seemed they started to focus on hiring people to work on in-engine design and programming and art assets. So still technically in development for 2 years so far, but it seems literally right now it is entering full gear. (Although I feel like we always say this lol)

Would be cool if we did some how get another teaser at The Game Awards as at this point I am sure they know the vast majority of the plot. However, it would probably be a similar short teaser and I dont think they want to do another teaser without any kind of time window, but it'd be cool. Either way it will have the longest Telltale Dev time, but I do wonder how equivalent it will be compared to the average 2 year cycle knowing Wolf 2's development simply isn't as fast. I'm just happy they are ditching the "Make it live" format, easily one of the biggest factors for declining quality in Telltale Games.

Nearly 5 years after its announcement seems like a fairly realistic estimate. Would this make it the Telltale game with the longest development time?

• Thank you.

Thanks for being comfortable enough to tell us this!

• Yeah I think it's likelier that they'll start marketing it next year. I'd be surprised if we got another teaser this year.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think its a bit odd, most Telltale games were probably closer to 2 years. (First year was getting everything set up for episode and future

• edited October 2021

proud of u <3

Just sorta putting it out here that I go by they/them pronouns now.

• Sony has opened a website for people in America to register and get the chance to purchase a PlayStation 5 for this coming Holiday season:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/register-to-buy/

• Sony has opened a website to register and get the chance to purchase a PlayStation 5 for this coming Holiday season:

for people in America

Me being an european:

Sony has opened a website for people in America to register and get the chance to purchase a PlayStation 5 for this coming Holiday season:

• Thank you!

proud of u

• Finally got the second dose of the vaccine. Now I am unstoppable. Well not really, but I probably won't die.

• Well in all likelihood, you wouldn’t have died before. Most estimates seem to put the Covid-19 mortality rate somewhere around 1-2% in most countries throughout the developed world, and it would be even less likely to die or have severe symptoms if you are young. Example, here in the US, of the 700,000 deaths from Covid (1.6% mortality rate), only 4,000 are from people ages 18-29, for 17 and younger, only about 500, and most of them are mainly due to people having other contributing health concerns or factors they had before Covid (asthma, obesity, weakened immune systems, heart conditions, etc.). That being said, I am also vaccinated and encourage others to do so, so congrats on now being invincible.

Finally got the second dose of the vaccine. Now I am unstoppable. Well not really, but I probably won't die.

• Uff, I almost wasted my money on Control Ultimate Edition for my PS4 pro. I heard that you need an actual PS5 copy in order to have the PS5 upgrade for the game. Luckily, I requested a refund before thinking about downloading the game and I got my money back. Shame on Remedy for not upgrading Control on PS5 for free to all PS4 owners.

• Luckily, I requested a refund before thinking about downloading the game

Ooh, good catch. That refund policy is awful, especially if it auto-downalods your game.

But wait, were you going to buy the ULTIMATE EDITION of Control for your PS4?
    If so, do it!! It DOES come with a free next-gen upgrade.

You must have seen an article relating to the base, non-ultimate version of the game. (The one that isn't bundled with the Season pass) That's the one they didn't upgrade, much to my chagrin.

AronDracula posted: »

Uff, I almost wasted my money on Control Ultimate Edition for my PS4 pro. I heard that you need an actual PS5 copy in order to have the PS5

• edited October 2021

But wait, were you going to buy the ULTIMATE EDITION of Control for your PS4?
    If so, do it!! It DOES come with a free next-gen upgrade.

Are you sure? I am getting confused because I did a small research on Ultimate Edition and from what I can recall, it doesn't feature PS5 upgrade for PS4 copy owners, either Standard or Ultimate. I am still not certain. If you have a website or a video that explains the Ultimate Edition for PS4 owners very clearly, send me a link.

EDIT: nvm, I am finally convinced and I'll rebuy the game.

AChicken posted: »

Luckily, I requested a refund before thinking about downloading the game Ooh, good catch. That refund policy is awful, especially if

• edited October 2021

I just checked and the PS Store has the PS4 version of the Ultimate Edition say at the bottom of the description page, if you buy the game on PS4 you'll get the PS5 version for free.

There was a bit of a weird patch when that version released earlier this year. -- it was a free game on PS Plus, and for some reason they had 3 versions of the game to redeem: a PS4 version, a PS5 version, and a PS4/PS5 Bundle version.
    Some people who redeemed the PS4 version couldn't claim the other version and vice-versa. The only way to get both was to get the bundle version that listed both consoles.
    I think it was a licensing/technical issue with PS Plus, and I haven't found people having issues with the upgrade since then, after it left the PS+ line-up.

I don't see the bundle edition that lists both consoles anymore, so I assume they've fixed it, and it should grant you the ability to buy the other for free once you get it... as says the description of it

Hopefully it works out for you. You might not even know you're eligible for PS5 until you have the option to download it on the console itself. 🤷‍♂️
    Remedy and 505 Games (publisher) really messed this up.

But wait, were you going to buy the ULTIMATE EDITION of Control for your PS4? If so, do it!! It DOES come with a free next-gen upgrade.

• You know, I would very much appreciate it if the Devils DIDN'T give me a heart attack during the 3rd period. Only two games into the season, and both times they had commanding leads and almost blew it in the final period because of sloppy play and taking too many penalties.

That being said, my Devils are 2-0-0 to start the year and are looking really good otherwise. Tighten things up, and I think the team may finally have some light at the end of this very long rebuilding tunnel.

• edited October 2021

Yeah I probably wouldn't have died if I got Covid but there's always the chance that I could be one of the unlucky ones who would get a more debilitating reaction. I know a couple people that are young who are fit and healthy, including a child that got Covid and to them the act of breathing alone feels like agony.

Well in all likelihood, you wouldn’t have died before. Most estimates seem to put the Covid-19 mortality rate somewhere around 1-2% in most

• Mob Psycho Season 3 announced

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• God of War is coming to PC.

Nice.

• edited October 2021

Umm..I'm sorry but I am still NOT sold.

Nothing against Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg but they don't remind of Nathan Drake or Victor Sullivan from the games at all. I didn't even hear a single "goddamn" word from Sully. There are already hints that this would suck and one of them being the fact that this movie suggests that Nate and Sully meet for the first time in a bar and from what I can recall, they met when they both had the goal of stealing Francis Drake's ring from the columbian museum in Uncharted 3 and before they met, Sully was Kate Marlowe's fiance or just partner in business. This is supposed to be a prequel, right? If so, I'm soo worried.

• edited October 2021

I like that they're trying to do something original rather than just adapt a plot that's already been told, but I'm still not sold on this too.

Laughing and rolling my eyes at Walhberg Sully omg

Did not expect them to recreate game sequences though and I'm pleased with that plane cargo reference.

Edit: Lmao they introduce Chloe then 30 seconds later show her holding someone up at gunpoint "you have no idea who you partnered with do you?"
    You're spoiling the double-cross, Sony! What the hell

No Way Home's trailer 2 better not spoil the film

It looks like a fun movie, but not what I'd want out of an Uncharted film.
    The Nathan Fillion cut was better.

Umm..I'm sorry but I am still NOT sold. Nothing against Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg but they don't remind of Nathan Drake or Victor

• Lmao they introduce Chloe then 30 seconds later show her holding someone up at gunpoint "you have no idea who you partnered with do you?"

Ok, I am fucking lost right now. That supposed to be Chloe? What the hell is going on? I thought they said this would be a prequel to all the games. Nate never met Chloe until Uncharted 2. This is just fucking embarassing.

I like that they're trying to do something original rather than just adapt a plot that's already been told, but I'm still not sold on this t

• I think they're not expecting a sequel to be greenlit so they're cramming all the games into one.

Or this is some weird attempt at fan-service.
    Still, I'm glad most of this doesn't seem like an origin story. We don't need to know why Lara Croft uses a bow and arrow. We don't need to know why Mario stomps Goombas or whatever. Seems like they'll explain why Sully doesn't have a mustache yet, probably saving that for the post-credits scene.

Uuugh. At least the action-adventure tone is still there, and they didn't make it some melancholy, dark Uncharted story to be cool and edgy.

Lmao they introduce Chloe then 30 seconds later show her holding someone up at gunpoint "you have no idea who you partnered with do you?"

• Actually, nevermind. It's been confirmed that Drake actually met Chloe before the first game, according to a comic book and Amy Henning. The cutscene with both of them in a room talking about Harry and turkish museum gives it away due to the dialogue.

I think they're not expecting a sequel to be greenlit so they're cramming all the games into one. Or this is some weird attempt at fan-se

• edited October 2021

Ah, nice.

There's this behind the scenes promo video that just came out. A handful of new scenes are shown, and honestly the dynamic between Drake/Sully is looking promising... the casting ehhh not so much.

Actually, nevermind. It's been confirmed that Drake actually met Chloe before the first game, according to a comic book and Amy Henning. The

• I remember this trending years ago, and I will forever question…WHY DID THEY NOT MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF THIS!

From the first second, Nathan Fillion was absolutely perfect, he fucking nailed Nathan Drake in both appearance and behavior. It was right there, you literally could not script it any better, and Sony took what was gift wrapped for them and threw it away.

I like that they're trying to do something original rather than just adapt a plot that's already been told, but I'm still not sold on this t

• Okay, let me see if I got this right.

They’re using the plot of Uncharted 4, using scenes and sequences from Uncharted 3, using a character introduced in Uncharted 2 (yes technically Chloe and Nathan knew each other before, but point still stands), and has no tie into the original Uncharted, to tell a canon prequel that contradicts how Nathan and Sully met in the flashback of Uncharted 3 and Nathan and Sam’s backstory in Uncharted 4.

Did someone just read a Wikipedia page and make a movie out of it. This feels a lot like the Borderlands movie, which makes sense considering that both share a key producer.

Umm..I'm sorry but I am still NOT sold. Nothing against Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg but they don't remind of Nathan Drake or Victor

• Official gameplay trailer for GTA Trilogy

While it's not the most "enhanced" remaster for very old games (Looks more like a graphic mod), it still has a lot of effort put into it, unlike GTA 5 "Enhanced and Expanded". I shouldn't get my hopes up very fast though. I am waiting for reviews because this is still the typical Rockstar of the recent years

• New State of Play next week. Third party titles will be shown.

• So I have recently watched Venom 2 in theaters. I actually liked it better than the first one but it still has some of the same problems. I didn't expect it to be a very faithful adaptation of the symbiote storyline so I wasn't disappointed. But I am really surprised about the post credits scene.

I thought Sony said they would just make their own Spider-Man universe but I guess they listened to fans who demaded that Venom wouldn't work without Spider-Man. How is Venom gonna have a placement in No Way Home, which is said to be the final Spider-Man film in the MCU though? I am afraid that having all three iconic Spider-man villains in one movie could turn out pretty bad and it would just be Spider-Man 3 all over again. If Avi Arad is still the one who forced Venom into the MCU, then man. Please someone fire that guy. He ruins ABSOLUTELY everything!!!

• Another franchise lost to Fortnite, Aron... >:)

My condolences...

• Oh, just fucking great. You should also add Leon and Claire. I fucking dare you, Fortnite!!!

Another franchise lost to Fortnite, Aron... My condolences...

• I would not be surprised if they were added this time next year, or during some RE anniversary. Leon is at least the most popular RE character, yeah?

Speaking of, I'm nearly done Jedi Fallen Order. I see Resident Evil 2 Remake is on sale for around 20 bucks.
    It is spooky season. I think I'll get into that after this.

Oh, just fucking great. You should also add Leon and Claire. I fucking dare you, Fortnite!!!

• Speaking of, I'm nearly done Jedi Fallen Order. I see Resident Evil 2 Remake is on sale for around 20 bucks.

You do that. It's totally worth it. You might find it even scarier than RE7 due a certain character and I won't tell you who.

I would not be surprised if they were added this time next year, or during some RE anniversary. Leon is at least the most popular RE charact

• Oxenfree 2 was previewed by the press recently, and the game is sounding like a really fun, mysterious time. It seems Night School has really cranked up the sci-fi/supernatural elements that started to bleed into the end of the original Oxenfree.

Cool write-up by Nintendo Life

Of course, all of that is quite similar to Oxenfree, which is probably welcome news to those who enjoyed the first game — but what’s new? you might ask.

Well, there are fresh mechanics, first of all, which are largely centred around the Walkie-Talkie that Riley has. You’ll occasionally receive cold calls on the device, which are sometimes from inhabitants of Camena, and sometimes from mystery callers, and Riley can choose whether or not to answer at all. Sometimes these calls can guide her, or give her quests; other times they’ll just creep you out. In the preview, Riley gets a call from someone who says "you know who this is," despite Riley seemingly having no idea... and then cryptically, they say they'll "give you space to figure it out". Intriguing!

Speaking of creepy, there’s plenty of the kind of creepy goings-on that made Oxenfree so darn compelling: weird anomalies can show you flash-forwards or premonitions of horrifying futures, where bodies float face-down in the lake, and rifts into parallel dimensions can whisk you to long-forgotten times where it might turn out that Riley can influence the future by messing with the past.

In the preview we saw Riley and Jacob get stuck in a collapsed mine, and with no way through they are forced to find and step through a time portal back to 1899, when the mine shaft elevator was working... only to find out that they might have been the cause of the mine collapse in the first place. Now that's the kind of confusing time paradox stuff we signed up for!

pictures

Sign in to comment in this discussion.