The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Thank fuckin' God, something other than Spider-Man is good!

From what I've heard the story and characters are legitimately quite good and diverts away from what the movies have established despite how it may look.

AChicken posted: »

this is good this is also a bit surprising https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1452625294876151813

• This is certainly promising. None of the trailers, gameplay, or other promotional material really impressed me, thought this would bomb like Avengers. Good to see I might be wrong.

this is good this is also a bit surprising https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1452625294876151813

• Agreed.

I've warmed up a bit to the character designs and voice-acting with the various trailers that have come out since its announcement, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still weary about all this, but from review impressions this game is essentially the complete opposite structure of Marvel's Avengers, which is a very good thing.
    It's a very linear action-adventure title with great environments, fun dialogue and good gameplay to boot. I might actually pick this thing up -- on sale -- sometime in the future.

This is certainly promising. None of the trailers, gameplay, or other promotional material really impressed me, thought this would bomb like Avengers. Good to see I might be wrong.

• @AronDracula
    Just got RE2make tonight. It finished the initial download, and while waiting for it to finish installing, it let me play the opening sequence (up until you meet the police sergeant).
    It's been a long while since I've played RE7, but I am really impressed with the graphics for this title. I've seen clips before, but controlling it yourself and seeing the uncompressed image is a real sight to behold. The environments look photo-realistic, and while the characters mostly look digitally-scanned, they're very detailed and that's really impressive.

I can already tell I'm gonna be really scared of this game -- even without He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named appearing. Just walking around the main hall, or the flooded hallway... it's silent. Just your footsteps and some ambient noise through the walls, and that's terrifying!! It keeps me on edge that something is going to interrupt this calm and whatever it is, it's never going to be good.
    All in all, really nice opening. Excited (and also not) to get further into this.

• With Game 1 of the World Series tonight, it has now fully dawned on me, I have to rely on the Atlanta Braves to somehow beat the Houston Trashcans...I mean, Astros. If the Astros win, baseball is truly fucked, and it proves that there is no justice in this world. So please, Braves, win. And not just for yourselves, but all of the baseball world outside of Houston. We're all counting on you.

• Hollywood is so incapable of doing anything right these days.

Wrong actor for casting Leon S Kennedy. 😠

• Why even use a fucking meme song? This is just wrong in so many ways. Being better than Anderson's films barely means something.

Hollywood is so incapable of doing anything right these days. Wrong actor for casting Leon S Kennedy. 😠

• I honestly had to watch this again because I didn't remember ever seeing Leon. Turns out they kinda kept him off to the side of, like, two shots.

@AronDracula Why even use a fucking meme song?

I thought the same thing when I first saw this two weeks ago.

Hollywood is so incapable of doing anything right these days. Wrong actor for casting Leon S Kennedy. 😠

• Caught up to Amphibia recently, that was a really good cartoon, and season 3 is shaping up to be the best of the show yet.

Absolutely lost it at the Gravity Falls episode.

• I mean don't get me wrong , at least their going to the mansion I just hope they have Hunters in the movie plus I didn't see Wesker which raised an eyebrow?

AronDracula posted: »

Why even use a fucking meme song? This is just wrong in so many ways. Being better than Anderson's films barely means something.

• They also released an international trailer that's more tonally accurate to the games and it's quite a bit better. Don't know why they went ahead with What's Up by 4 Non Blondes for the main trailer lmao.

AronDracula posted: »

Why even use a fucking meme song? This is just wrong in so many ways. Being better than Anderson's films barely means something.

• edited October 2021

So I don’t know a hell of a lot about Amphibia, but this is what I do know.

One of the frog characters is voiced by Troy Baker, and there’s a human character named Sasha, and they are apparently allies and work together because of the circumstances that they were each thrown into. And I know it’s not the same thing and that’s it literal bestiality, but it’s fucking with the Rhysha portion of my brain and I don’t like it.

dojo32161 posted: »

Caught up to Amphibia recently, that was a really good cartoon, and season 3 is shaping up to be the best of the show yet. (Spoiler)

• If it makes you feel better, Grimes, the character Troy Baker plays is significantly older than Sasha, who's 13.

So I don’t know a hell of a lot about Amphibia, but this is what I do know. One of the frog characters is voiced by Troy Baker, and there

• Wait, Grimes is Troy Baker? Damn, unrecognizable. Anyway, as Lupin said, yeah, don't worry about any potential type of bestiality happening there, lmao.

So I don’t know a hell of a lot about Amphibia, but this is what I do know. One of the frog characters is voiced by Troy Baker, and there

• Looks way more accurate just wish so one else played as Leon and Albert Wesker is apost to wear his shades.

lupinb0y posted: »

They also released an international trailer that's more tonally accurate to the games and it's quite a bit better. Don't know why they went ahead with What's Up by 4 Non Blondes for the main trailer lmao.

• Anyone interested in comedy anime, check out Way of the Househusband on Netflix. I'm finding this thing hilarious, especially for the dub. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before.

• Mature comedy anime with a great dub cast -- there's some heavy swearing at times which is surprising but used to good effect. The main actor (Jonah Scott) sounds like a mix of Matthew Mercer and Troy Baker.
    • It's about an ex-Yakuza mob boss who retires and becomes a Househusband instead (opposite of Housewife -- stay-at-home-man).
    • The many jokes thrown around in the series so far are about his dedication to house chores and getting through normal life -- but with the meticulous drive of a mob boss. He treats his Roomba vacuum as an inept underling. He calls transactions at the grocery store, "deals". He also usually carries innocuous things in a mysterious-looking silver briefcase. Very little humour is used to emasculate him, it's all about how it relates to his twisted vocabulary and intense mannerisms, and it's fun to follow along.
    • The animation is lacking -- it's like a motion comic, there's not much movement, everything's presented in short panels. (It was a Producer's decision, to mimic the manga's panels.) But I think some of this just makes the audio work shine even more, and the team focuses on what each scene really needs.
    • Short episodes broken into 4-5 chapters, lots of different mini-stories for each.

I'm only just over halfway through the season, but it's ridiculously fun.

• edited October 2021

Trailer for Lightyear is out and hot damn does it look absolutely gorgeous. Loving the visuals of it. It's absolutely wild how far Pixar has come since the original Toy Story. I hope that it's played entirely as a straight sci-fi action movie with no connection to Toys Story like they did with the old Star Command tv show. If they bring back the blue lady then this is an automatic 10 out of 10.

Also this had better have a literal pizza planet.

• Wow that's good-looking. Can't say I'm a fan of the detailed-looking green space suit, it looks goofy. But otherwise it seems like a wild movie product. Gritty Buzz Lightyear backstory thing.

While it's too early to tell, and I'm probably hearing things, that one "And" spoken by Chris Evans didn't really sound like his usual voice. Could it be he's trying to put on some sort of Tim Allen impression?

Trailer for Lightyear is out and hot damn does it look absolutely gorgeous. Loving the visuals of it. It's absolutely wild how far Pixar has

• edited October 2021

Looks like we have some preview pages of Clementine: Book One. And yeah, the art and Tillie’s writing have NOT improved at all since Clementine Lives.

Preview pages can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/qh0gks/evil_clem_and_amos_in_clementine_book_one_previews/

First page details Amos giving Clem Tangerine the prosthetic leg we see her with on the cover, nothing else really happens but that.

Second page is Tangerine, Amos, and a few others escaping from some walkers in a horse drawn carriage (Amos I believe was confirmed to be Amish, hence the hat and carriage I guess).

The third looks to be after the previous page, with Amos being idiotically happy and naive (I’m going to hate this character already, I can tell), but for some reason Tangerine insisting that he stay with her, even though she says she’s not interested in being a bodyguard anymore. Just…wow, okay then, guess AJ meant fucking nothing to you at all you FUCKING CUNT!

The fourth and final is Tangerine having a nightmare, involving Lee abandoning her in a herd of walkers and about to be devoured. So destroying Clem’s character and her relationship with AJ wasn’t enough, now we get to see how Tillie will handle her relationship with Lee. Oh fucking joy.

So yeah, this is absolutely horrendous.

• Is "Being Shocked" supposed to be an option here? I'm not disappointed, I'm just mad.

Looks like we have some preview pages of Clementine: Book One. And yeah, the art and Tillie’s writing have NOT improved at all since Clement

• According to some fans, Clementine's canonical birthday is October 28th.

On October 28th, 1981, the greatest band on the face of the earth, Metallica, is also born.

So, what I'm learning is that October 28th is the greatest day in the world.

• edited October 2021

Ah didn't know Metallica was born on the same day as me. Interesting. Guess I should start listening to them.

According to some fans, Clementine's canonical birthday is October 28th.

Makes me feel much better (if it's true).

According to some fans, Clementine's canonical birthday is October 28th. On October 28th, 1981, the greatest band on the face of the earth, Metallica, is also born. So, what I'm learning is that October 28th is the greatest day in the world.

• So that means Lee Everett died in November 3rd 2003.

According to some fans, Clementine's canonical birthday is October 28th. On October 28th, 1981, the greatest band on the face of the earth, Metallica, is also born. So, what I'm learning is that October 28th is the greatest day in the world.

• might catch flak for saying it, but this fucks so hard. fortnite is so cool and im so glad kids have something this cool and this accessible. when i was growing up the only free games were like cartoon network flash games and that jumpstart mmo.

fortnite is like a whole ass mechanically sound and super fun shooter where you can play as a smash brothers esque variety of pop culture characters. not to mention it inherently opens to door for new audiences to discover new stuff they like.

its totally fair to dislike the game or not be interested but man, literally the only reason to genuinely hate this game and the kiddos who enjoy it are if you're some irony poisoned, terminally online edgelord who still thinks leafy is funny.

Another franchise lost to Fortnite, Aron... My condolences...

• Also those models they have look really good. Except that Guile one. I don't know how they messed that one up.

might catch flak for saying it, but this fucks so hard. fortnite is so cool and im so glad kids have something this cool and this accessible

• guile definitely aint pretty but most of the other models are great!!

Also those models they have look really good. Except that Guile one. I don't know how they messed that one up.

• edited October 2021

Honestly as someone who does play Fortnite I can't lie, I think this stuff is pretty cool too.

The outfits even have alt styles based on RE3make and RE8, for Jill and Chris respectively.

The character models are all quality stuff. Even when things based on real-life get added, they do a good job on that. John Wick looks like Keanu Reeves. A recent Walking Dead set of Darryl, Michonne, and Rick look like their TV counterparts.

I will say that some of the corporate crossover aspect and other systems like the constant limited-time rewards that breed FOMO are things that I do think are off-putting in Fortnite.
    Seems like everyone on the planet wants to advertise in the game.
    Other Battle-Pass systems in other games seem to be doing it better too, with many incorporating the option to buy legacy passes whenever.

But in some aspects, it's cool to see what companies are willing to pay to get their characters in this title. Kratos, Master Chief, and Tom Hardy's Venom can all be in the same room lol.

might catch flak for saying it, but this fucks so hard. fortnite is so cool and im so glad kids have something this cool and this accessible

• I've decided that if the Lightyear movie is gonna be any good, it needs to win me over with a tense space-adventure sequence like the opening to Toy Story 2.

Man, I loved that scene so much as a kid.
    The movie might actually be good if they go for a similar vibe when it comes to Zurg (if he even appears).

• A new Marvel game led by Amy Hennig of Uncharted fame, yes please.

• edited October 2021

This is NOT the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer. This is for a fan-film called Lotus, out next year.

Looks pretty interesting for a Spidey film. Some nice costumes and somber tone. The director says it'll be more character-driven, with a little bit of CGI action on the side.
    Fans say this apparently is adapting "The Boy Who Collects Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man: Blue" comic runs if that means anything to someone.

• God, this better be good. I don't think she has made a game since Uncharted 3. Fucking EA

A new Marvel game led by Amy Hennig of Uncharted fame, yes please. https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1454116063432437766

• edited October 2021

I don't want to rock the legal boat, but... how legal is it for Telltale to keep using Legacy Profile Pictures on the site?

Like, right now, you can still change your profile picture to MCSM, Borderlands, Walking Dead, Back to the Future, etc. I feel like TTG hosting those is... illegal in some way? They don't own it, and it's active, useable features of the site that you can change anytime, not just hosting legacy closed discussion threads.

• Well, my phone would disappear if they took down the Sam & Max profile pictures, and I would be sad.

I don't want to rock the legal boat, but... how legal is it for Telltale to keep using Legacy Profile Pictures on the site? Like, right n

• It would be beyond tragic if such a thing were to occur.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Well, my phone would disappear if they took down the Sam & Max profile pictures, and I would be sad.

• stretches
    What'd I miss?

• Johro!!

You uh, missed... everything.

Johro posted: »

stretches What'd I miss?

• edited October 2021

Doesn't look like I missed much on "Telltale"s part. Re-released two games and fiddled with the contrast knob.

Are people still here? Are they waiting for a reason to post?

• My instinct was to laugh my ass off upon seeing an Amish boy bout to RP The Oregon Trail between Clementine with a hoe-leg and Lee carrying her like a football in an issue of Family Circus.

Wtf 😂

Looks like we have some preview pages of Clementine: Book One. And yeah, the art and Tillie’s writing have NOT improved at all since Clement

• Honestly I can’t even get mad. It’s almost funny how bad this fan fiction looks lmao

• Are people still here? Are they waiting for a reason to post?

I...I don't have a good answer to this question.

Johro posted: »

Doesn't look like I missed much on "Telltale"s part. Re-released two games and fiddled with the contrast knob. Are people still here? Are they waiting for a reason to post?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.