The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited November 2021

also i liked gabe!! fight me!!!

ClemyCloo woke up today and chose violence lol

Seeing this ANF discourse pop up again is funny.
    [Obligatory "Guardians was and still is great" comment!!]

if the game gave me the option to throw kenny, carlos, nick and bonnie into an active volcano i absolutely would have. not a single character in s3 is anywhere near that despicable imo. also i liked gabe!! fight me!!!

• gabe is a good kid who is very boneheaded and hormonal and tries to do the right thing despite it not always working. as someone who was behaving very similarly on these forums when I was 14? idk, i kinda sympathize with the kid.

javier put it best, once you start getting boners the whole world goes dark. cant imagine that mindset in the literal end of the world lmaooo

AChicken posted: »

also i liked gabe!! fight me!!! ClemyCloo woke up today and chose violence lol Seeing this ANF discourse pop up again is funny. [Obligatory "Guardians was and still is great" comment!!]

• Soooo, to get off the topic of ANF (I've already said my piece on it, extensively I might add)...

I'm thinking of cutting the cord and getting rid of cable, just too expensive for me to maintain. Leaning towards getting the Disney Bundle, which includes Hulu Livestream TV and the streaming service, ESPN+ for all my sporting needs, and Disney+ as an added benefit. Maybe then I'll actually try and watch shows like TOH or Amphibia, since people can't seem to shut up about them stop praising them. As I've said earlier, haven't seen a single episode of Amphibia, but have tried to watch a few random episodes of TOH and just found it okay, so maybe actually siting down and watching it would help, I don't know.

• edited November 2021

I've never had cable in my life, so I can't relate to having/losing premium TV channels. (I do know the feeling of missing out on childhood nostalgia of things like Disney Channel and CN!)
    At the moment it seems like Streaming is becoming the new Cable, with how pricey it could become to keep track of the various content.

With more and more TV companies opening their own services, it splinters the IPs into so many different plans, all for widely different prices. I guess bundles help keep the price down, but I can't say I've seen many of those around these parts unfortunately...

Maybe then I'll actually try and watch shows like TOH or Amphibia

I might be joining you in discovering those shows, since my YouTube account has been doing nothing but recommending me funny clips from Amphibia, and at this point I think it's inevitable that I'll be watching the real thing...

Soooo, to get off the topic of ANF (I've already said my piece on it, extensively I might add)... I'm thinking of cutting the cord and ge

• my YouTube account has been doing nothing but recommending me funny clips from Amphibia

So funny thing is, while I haven’t watched any episodes of Amphibia, I was recommended, for whatever reason, a small clip from an episode. I clicked on it, just to watch it, actually laughed a bit, but ever since then, my feed has been NOTHING but Amphibia clips. Meanwhile, I can click on a million Metallica videos, baseball/hockey highlights, golf course reviews, political videos (not disclosing what they are to avoid controversy, but I do watch some YouTube shows and listen to podcasts discussing current affairs to stay informed) and barely get recommended anything else surrounding these subjects, but one solitary clip, and the algorithm thinks I’m in love with the show. I get clips, reviews, entire episodes, abridged series, character analyses, edits, the works. And I click “Not interested,” and guess what happens the next day, they’re back.

I've never had cable in my life, so I can't relate to having/losing premium TV channels. (I do know the feeling of missing out on childhood

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2021

Duuude, I thought I was the only one that happened to. Yeah, it's really frigging annoying right? I watched a Jimmy Neutron meme video once, and now my stupid feed occasionally shows (unironic) Jimmy Neutron clip compilations, shipping videos, etc, even though I do the same thing you did by filtering videos by clicking "Not Interested."

At least I can sleep easy knowing it's not just me who has to deal with that.

my YouTube account has been doing nothing but recommending me funny clips from Amphibia So funny thing is, while I haven’t watched a

• Yep, super annoying. At this point, I feel like I don’t even need to watch Amphibia because I know what happens from these clips. The huge downside is, because they’re in the middle of season 3, guess what I keep getting on my feed every Friday and Saturday? Spoilers from the recent episode.

Similar thing happened when I clicked on a single Drake & Josh clip, nothing but D&J videos. Now the upside is I love the show (though I’ll admit it’s a but weird considering the whole Drake Bell situation, but it was still a great show), but still, one video should not dictate my feed, especially when I try to watch other stuff.

Duuude, I thought I was the only one that happened to. Yeah, it's really frigging annoying right? I watched a Jimmy Neutron meme video once,

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2021

Personally, if I watch a video that deviates from my usual video watching pattern and I don't want to see similar stuff, I remove the video from my watch history quickly. YouTube sees a deviation, and it's like a mom who hears their kid thought that soccer player looked cool, "Oh wow, they're interested in soccer! Better call the local coach!"

my YouTube account has been doing nothing but recommending me funny clips from Amphibia So funny thing is, while I haven’t watched a

• I've been seeing a lot of Snotty Boy stuff since I watched a few meme videos like a week ago. I kind of enjoy it, but it is a tad annoying to have my feed flooded with it.

dojo32161 posted: »

Personally, if I watch a video that deviates from my usual video watching pattern and I don't want to see similar stuff, I remove the video

• Your opinions utterly perplex me but I hope you have a good day my good sir

if the game gave me the option to throw kenny, carlos, nick and bonnie into an active volcano i absolutely would have. not a single character in s3 is anywhere near that despicable imo. also i liked gabe!! fight me!!!

• Basically, I bet Youtube keeps recommending us these meme videos because of how short they are. Usually under a minute. The algorithm must pick up on "popular video, watched the entire way through, comedy, new interest" and pushes tons of other content related to it to get you further into the rabbit hole. I've seen the same thing with meme compilations, snotty boy templates, and quick cartoon gags recently. I can't escape it (and it's my own fault for actually watching some of them too) :tongue:

• i did have a pretty good day, thank you! i hope you've been having a good week so far!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Your opinions utterly perplex me but I hope you have a good day my good sir

• Was hanging out with a couple friends, one guy and one girl. As we were walking down a street we had to squeeze through a crowd. Me and the guy were ahead by a few feet and we were separated with the girl for a grand total of ten seconds. We reunite and she's in distress, telling us a dude groped her.

Fuck is wrong with people.

• Gee-zus that's pretty creppy. Who the hell does that

lupinb0y posted: »

Was hanging out with a couple friends, one guy and one girl. As we were walking down a street we had to squeeze through a crowd. Me and the

• Way too many, unfortunately. Girls always have to be on guard for that.

Gee-zus that's pretty creppy. Who the hell does that

• Yo when do you think Wolf 2 will release lol I'm guessing 2023. Hopefully game doesn't bomb and they sort out their production schedule so that games can release every 2 years or whatever.

Poogers555 posted: »

Been thinkin bout how Tales ending 6 fucking years ago and is about to turn 7 what the FUCK idk why but lately looking back at Tellta

• edited November 2021

I think 2023 is probably the earliest but I don't think 2024 would shock me at all. (Probably not like late 2024 but possibly like late spring.) Highly doubt 2022, but I do think we will get an update next year. I just hope it turns out well, I don't think it will bomb but I do hope they really push hard for reigniting interest so it can be considered a big success.

So yes, Trailer 2 at Game Awards 2021 fact totally gonna happen

Ghetsis posted: »

Yo when do you think Wolf 2 will release lol I'm guessing 2023. Hopefully game doesn't bomb and they sort out their production schedule so that games can release every 2 years or whatever.

• also totally legit wolf 2 leak when can we please go 3 for 3????

Ghetsis posted: »

Yo when do you think Wolf 2 will release lol I'm guessing 2023. Hopefully game doesn't bomb and they sort out their production schedule so that games can release every 2 years or whatever.

• Ok, the Netflix Avatar wins me over a little bit. I like Daniel Dae Kim. He was awesome in Lost but I'm not sure if it's perfect. Correct me if I'm wrong but If I can recall, Fire Nation is based off of Japan and Daniel is Korean. Nonetheless, I think it's a pretty decent choice. He is amazing.

• People like that are weak, which is why there’s so many of them. Only real men have decency

Gee-zus that's pretty creppy. Who the hell does that

• I live and things are getting better, so it’s been a good week. Always will be bad weeks out of your control but as long as you push through them you make them as good as they can be.

this has been your fortune cookie wisdom of the day

i did have a pretty good day, thank you! i hope you've been having a good week so far!

• "Daniel Dae Kim is Fire Lord Ozai" the fire nation did NOTHING wrong bro on god ozai is a beautiful angel tbh??

AronDracula posted: »

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1456011079616708609 Ok, the Netflix Avatar wins me over a little bit. I like Daniel Dae Kim. H

• The Fire Nation lookin' kinda :flushed:

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1456011079616708609 Ok, the Netflix Avatar wins me over a little bit. I like Daniel Dae Kim. H

• Fun fact, this is not his first foray into Avatar, he had voice roles in both the original series (General Fong, the Earth Kingdom general who tried to force Aang into the Avatar State), and in The Legend of Korra (Hiroshi Sato, Asami’s father).

• edited November 2021

I watched the first episode of Arcane, the League of Legends animated series. This might legitimately be the best 2.5D animation I've ever seen and it also has some really impressive facial animation. Not to mention every frame of this show is absolutely gorgeous to look at. The writing so far is pretty good too. I'm interested to see how everything develops.

• Working late. Hungry.

• Happy Birthday.

What's on the dinner menu for the birthday boy. Might I recommend a nice delicious chicken.

\🥳/

• Happy Birthday!

\🥳/

• Happy Birthday

\🥳/

• Happy birthday! Hope you have a splendid day my friend!

\🥳/

• edited November 2021

Thanks @MetallicaRules @AronDracula @lupinb0y @dylanwoods777 and @Pipas
    No chicken dinner for me tonight haha, you devilish people...

As for how it went, pretty nice, once I got out of a stressful school day

My dad surprised me with a Pebble watch for my birthday.
    It's an old smart watch company that closed in 2016 ( :joy: not exactly reassuring -- but they got bought by Fitbit and were immediately killed, because competition).

It's got some basic smart features like showing phone notifications, connecting to music players on a phone, calendars, watch alarms, and unique watch-faces.
    Most of it is still supported thankfully through third-party open-source software, since any connection to Pebble is now down.

Basically I can do this with my watch.
    (ew I just saw the picture is way too big on desktop)

(Don't think I'll use it that much. Image quality is weird, black and white, and small for this thing. Neat someone uploaded a unique watch-face for it though.)

Also got a flannel shirt, since I don't have any of those.
    Plus a box of brownie mix powder, to make brownies, since I'm moving out on my own (again) in December, to a townhouse with another classmate closer to school.
    Also got a copy of Kirby Star Allies for my Switch. Mom's weirded out by my "kids game" choice straight out of my childhood, but is at least happy it's not dark or violent like any other title I play.

• edited November 2021

omw to wish chicken a belated birthday

Thanks @MetallicaRules @AronDracula @lupinb0y @dylanwoods777 and @Pipas No chicken dinner for me tonight haha, you devilish people... A

• Me and the squad going to wish @AChicken a late happy birthday

• edited November 2021

I so need to do a replay of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series, but that Clementine Comic has actually disheartened me in returning to the Series.

I'm assuming you aren't kidding when you say The Walking Dead: The Final Season is better than The Walking Dead: Season One, which is an opinion I hold too, for me it encapsulated everything that was beloved about The Walking Dead, hard choices, great story, emotional moments and Clementine. I could go on but I'd be here all day.

I'm curious as to why you believe it's better than The Walking Dead: Season One, I think it is, but I'd like to hear your reasoning for that.

Also, glad you liked The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, it isn't my favourite in the Series but I still enjoyed it nonetheless, for me personally it doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the Series, but in my eyes, I think the Series had at that point set such a high bar to get over, and The Walking Dead: The Final Season absolutely cleared that bar with no issues.

finished my walking dead replay. everything but season 2 ranged from okay to flawless. michonne was way better than i expected, i was bawlin

• I'm curious as to why you believe it's better than The Walking Dead: Season One, I think it is, but I'd like to hear your reasoning for that.

for me i think its a mixture between s4 having a far stronger art direction and s4 also telling a far better story imo. to me each season has a theme to it.

season one's theme is sacrifice.
    season two's is paranoia.
    michonne's is guilt/trauma.
    a new frontier's is family.
    season 4 however, is a coming of age story about humanity persevering.

so much of the series, both the game and the comic book, are dedicated to showing how far human kind has fallen and how they're all inherently prone to bloodshed, yet season 4 challenges this narrative idea with kindness. instead of resenting AJ for stealing her youth and making it harder to survive, clementine treats AJ as if he were her own son. she loves him like a mother would, adores him, even. and when he does something morally wrong, she doesnt get angry at him or shame him, she teaches him to be better.

you can see this in AJ as well, he's constantly questioning whether or not he's doing the right thing, and he loves clem so deeply that when faced with her mortality, he immediately drops that tough exterior to show he's just a scared, hardened little boy who just wants to do the right thing. these characters bounce off each other perfectly and manage to soften the world around them.

the antagonists are also another great example, the delta isn't a group of people trying to survive by doing bad things, the delta is a ruthless, fascist military group who sold their souls and conquers rather than survives. they are exactly what lee's group, carver's group, the cabin group and even javi's group could have turned into had they continued down their path. but the ericson kids traded that life for freedom and happiness, and still manage to survive.

even in the downtime, other seasons spent its downtime pitting members of the group against one another, but 4 spends that downtime working together and having parties and eating dinner and having philosophical debates because these characters adore each other and it helps us love them.

this is not to knock other seasons ofc but god damn season 4 is just so strong and so wholesome in the writing department despite its subject matter. idk i could go on and on but i guess i just love it because its hopeful. we all need more hope.

I so need to do a replay of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series, but that Clementine Comic has actually disheartened me in returning to th

• Heeeey, being fashionably late to report a birthday is my thing!

...that's the spirit! :p

Thanks @Poogers555 and thanks @Cocoa2736

• The GTA 3 remaster lookin' pretty lit.

• Finally, after years of searching, endless research, and scouring the darkest depths, I have found it. The greatest YouTube video ever made.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Me and the squad going to wish @AChicken a late happy birthday

• edited November 2021

To other parts of the world, today is Armistice Day or Remembrance Day. Recognizing the unofficial end of World War I with the signing of the armistice by the Germans on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

But to us here in the States, we acknowledge November 11th as Veterans Day. I don’t know if there are any former service members here, or if some of you have had family members, friends, or loved ones serve. But to all veterans, to the courageous men and women who have served in the Armed Forces, thank you for your sacrifice and service.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.