Telltale @ E3 2010

LindsayLindsay Telltale Alumni
edited September 2010 in General Chat
So I wrote out a long post about us being at E3 on my phone (slaved over the tiny keys) only to have my submit timeout and then erase any record of my work.

And so - I'm keeping it short and sweet!

Yes, we are at E3, woo! Yes, we haven't exactly been loose lipped about our new titles. Yes, we do have a hoverboard and no, you can't have it (muahhah!)

Since we're here, I thought it would be cool to get you guys some more information as it is released and provide an outlet for questions, either about the games, or not. Questions like, what kind of dinosaur would Dave Grossman be? Or, if you could travel in time, when would you travel to and what would you bring?

I'll also be twittering it up, I'll do some kind of trivia during the California lunchtime, likely the prize will be digital for easy remote distribution on my part.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Twittering on Telltale's Twitter page?
  • edited June 2010
    I really want that hover board. Is it the actual one, or a replica?
    Also, what was with the "earthquake at E3" Tweet?
  • edited June 2010
    All right. What kind of dinosaur would Dave Grossman be? If you could travel in time, when would you travel to and what would you bring? :P

Any chance we'll get to see trailers or concept art or something from the Back to the Future or Jurassic Park games? How about a new Puzzle Agent trailer?

Or maybe those are stupid questions that would be best answered by simply waiting and finding out...
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    Post more pictures and/or videos of your E3 stand please! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Any chance we'll get to see trailers or concept art or something from the Back to the Future or Jurassic Park games?

Doesn't look likely.
    Telltale will release more information on both game series at a later date. Neither game will be shown at E3 2010, according to a company rep.
  • edited June 2010
    Whose idea was it to obtain the Jurassic Park license? I bet i can guess!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    The hoverboard was built by our very own Denis Lennart for a halloween costume from a few years back. But it's SO AWESOME that we sent it down to E3.
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    The hoverboard was built by our very own Denis Lennart for a halloween costume from a few years back. But it's SO AWESOME that we sent it down to E3.

Well, tell him well Done! I couldn't tell the difference. Now, if only you could enslave him to make more for the store...
  • edited June 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    Well, tell him well Done! I couldn't tell the difference. Now, if only you could enslave him to make more for the store...

Then they woould have to pay licensing too Matel, since it's name is on the board.
  • edited June 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    Telltale will release more information on both game series at a later date. Neither game will be shown at E3 2010, according to a company rep.

So what are Telltale showing? Puzzle Agent?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    We don't actually have a booth. We have some meeting spaces for BizDev type stuff (and I assume some press appointments). As far as I know, we aren't showing anything that hasn't been announced.
  • edited June 2010
    Darn!
    I was hoping you had a booth featuring a Raptor on top of a DeLorian. Maybe next year? :)
  • edited June 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    Darn!
    I was hoping you had a booth featuring a Raptor on top of a DeLorian. Maybe next year? :)

No next year telltale will be announcing there new game, dr.dolittle.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No next year telltale will be announcing there new game, "Dr. Dolittle Gets Eaten by a Raptor".

Fix'd.

Here's a question, what sort of tone are you guys going for with Jurassic Park? Your games up 'til now have been family-friendly, a slightly twisted family maybe, so is JP going to stay in that mold or will you be going for a more M rated kind of game?
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    No next year telltale will be announcing there new game, "Dr. Dolittle Gets Eaten by a Raptor".

If they ever make another terrible sequal then please let this be it D:
  • edited June 2010
    Ah, so there is going to be some news after all. I thought the Universal announcement was pretty much it for this year. Which already is awesome by itself.

Some questions you probably can't answer:

1) Will Puzzle Agent really be released this month? If I remember correctly, you guys announced it with an 'expected' release date in June, so it might be later, I guess? It's just that this week is E3, next week Sam & Max 303, and that leaves only the week after that. I understand if it will take a little longer (a Grickle game deserves all the polish it can get!), but I'm just really excited for the game.

2) Will there be anything more on the Universal games? Maybe a bit of concept art, or just hints about the artstyle you are going to use? We haven't seen Telltale games that tried to portray realistic humans, except for the CSI games, but I think those models might have been outsourced.

3) Is there anything happening with that 516 Vision-thing?

4) Will the Jurassic Park-games follow the books, the movies, both or neither? Should we expect some familiar characters in the games? What does Dan Connors mean when he says that the games aren't going to be sequels?

5) What's your favourite dinosaur? (Stegosaurus is the right answer. Triceratops is also acceptable, just because Dr. Grant is so awesome.)
  • edited June 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    2) Will there be anything more on the Universal games? Maybe a bit of concept art, or just hints about the artstyle you are going to use? We haven't seen Telltale games that tried to portray realistic humans, except for the CSI games, but I think those models might have been outsourced.

Hey, Jake said that they tried to make the trailer to make it seem like 'cartoony adventure' so... yeah. That's what they're selling it as.
  • edited June 2010
    If you get the chance, can you guys tell us what you think of Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Just send some intern or some other disposable employee over to the Capcom booth to get the answer.
  • edited June 2010
    Hey, Jake said that they tried to make the trailer to make it seem like 'cartoony adventure' so... yeah. That's what they're selling it as.

Can you tell me where he said that? I can't seem to find it anywhere...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Did I use the phrase "cartooney adventure?" If so don't let that guide your assumptions. The main point of that post was "Strong Bad isn't a tonal match at all for what that trailer is trying to convey, so it was left out," because people were asking at the time "Do you guys hate Strong Bad now???" which is crazy, since we love Strong Bad. It just was apparently deemed not thematically a fit.
  • edited June 2010
    Will you guys get me one of those nifty Guybrush Voodoo dolls from the Lucasarts guys thanks in advance.... and ..... I love you.
  • edited June 2010
    TBH I dont see the point In announcing that your going to be making a game without 'Anything' to show for it, as the BTTF and JP forum sections have shown Its just a bunch of random speculation and self hype-mongering, even a concept drawing would be nice, or a free t-shirt that says ' I wanted a concept drawing from telltale and all I got was this lousy t-shirt' :)
  • edited June 2010
    As said in the press release, various news sites were already spreading the news so TTG just thought they'd confirm it.
  • edited June 2010
    As said in the press release, various news sites were already spreading the news so TTG just thought they'd confirm it.

You'd think 'WE' should be the first to know via blogs or something on 'This' website, instead of 'various news sites'
  • edited June 2010
    It's not unusual for companies to tell the press what they're working on before the customers; it's called insider information.
  • edited June 2010
    LOL you're still TTG favorite person... even if they talk to the press first... don't worry.
  • LindsayLindsay Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    So we aren't releasing much when it comes to universal properties. I can say that they will be episodic. JP will be much more adult than some of our other titles. I can't say if it will be rated m, but it will definitely be more hardcore.

When we do release concept art , you peeps will totally be in the loop! Right now were just pretty tight lipped to everyone. Sorry we don't have more to share on that. Ill see what I can do about that shirt ;)

As for puzzle agent, it will be launching on pc and mac in june, iPad, iPod and wii dates tbd. I think its awesome, the art is super snazzy and the story and characters are really memorable. Ill try and get some video if I can figure out how to post it through my phone.
  • edited June 2010
    Booth pictures?
  • edited June 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Booth pictures?

Look at the posts by Will on the first page. They don't have a booth.
  • edited June 2010
    Ahh okay, thanks!
  • edited June 2010
    Are you guys still having a give-away contest on twitter? I just saw another trivia question pop up.
  • edited June 2010
    Woot a Jurassic Park question!
  • edited June 2010
    so whats the answer to the trivia?
  • edited June 2010
    I've seen two questions, answered both and though "seriously, it can't be that easy". Is there a trick or something?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I've seen two questions, answered both and though "seriously, it can't be that easy". Is there a trick or something?

It depends on how well you know Jurassic Park, and assuming it's the first movie they're talking about.
  • edited June 2010
    I think the winner is whoever responds first. I just thought they were doing a one-time contest; I didn't realize it was for all of E3 or whatever.
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder if I won, wich I probably didn't.
  • edited June 2010
    Aaah, if it's a time thing I lost, I answered hours later in both cases. Plus I don't know Jurassic Park at all so I probably gave the wrong answer for that question if you need to really know it.
  • edited June 2010
    I know the answer but I don't know how to reply to them on Twitter. I barely ever use it. -.-
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Will you guys get me one of those nifty Guybrush Voodoo dolls from the Lucasarts guys thanks in advance.... and ..... I love you.

if he gets one, i want one to please :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.