Pre-Ordered but Can't Access BTTF Insider Forums

edited December 2010 in Site Support
I pre-ordered BTTF yesterday, more than 24 hours ago, but the Insider Forums link has not appeared for me.

Anyone having the same problem or know what I can do to solve it?

I posted this on the BTTF forum before I realized I should have put it here.

Thanks!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2010
    MJLahey wrote: »

Alright, I removed the other thread.
  • edited October 2010
    I pre-ordered BTTF yesterday, more than 24 hours ago, but the Insider Forums link has not appeared for me.

Anyone having the same problem or know what I can do to solve it?

Thanks!

It can take 24 hours after the purchase has completed before you can access the preorder forum. Can you access it now?
  • edited October 2010
    No I still can't see it Amy. I read from someone's post that it should be listed under the New Universal Games section, and it's not there for me :(

It's been more than 48 hours now so I assume something is glitched up.
  • edited October 2010
    I have the same problem - can't see the forum.

Note: I didn't realise that i needed to get a username in order to use the forum, so only created my username AFTER i pre-ordered. Just wondered if this was why i can't see the forum.

Oh sorry should also say that my order was confirmed at 23:10 (GMT) on 26th
  • edited October 2010
    Thats exactly what I did as well Three Headed Monkey. I had an account with Telltale but didn't create my forum username until AFTER I purchased the pre-order.

Could be the issue?
  • edited October 2010
    Thats exactly what I did as well Three Headed Monkey. I had an account with Telltale but didn't create my forum username until AFTER I purchased the pre-order.

Could be the issue?

I just came across this thread - and created my Username just now. And I pre-ordered 5 days ago. Can't see the insider forums. It's probably the issue like you think.
  • edited October 2010
    That's what i thought the issue was, which is why I mentioned it - still can't see the pre-order forum.

Can someone from TTG comment on this?

BTW - i pre-ordered Tales of Monkey Island too (ages ago now) and interestingly I CAN see the "Private Pirates Club" forum.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Can someone from TTG comment on this?

Probably after the weekend.
  • edited November 2010
    Have you tried logging out of your account and logging back in?
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know about the others having this problem, but i Hadn't tried this.

I have now - still no joy ;(

Edit:
    Interestingly, i can see the S&M devils playhouse forum, albeit it is marked as private and i can't access it (but since i didn't pre-order that game, i'm not suprised). The strange thing is that i can't even see the BTTF pre-order forum at all, not even with a big "PRIVATE" message on it.

I'm going to log out, clear down all TTG cookies and clear my cache to just in case - will report back shortly.
  • edited November 2010
    Ok, so i've cleared down my cache, logins etc and still no joy.

For info - i'm using Firefox 3.6.12 and have the "Click&Clean" add-on which is what i've used to clear everything.
  • edited November 2010
    I also just tried logging out and back in, no go.

I think someone from support needs to look at our actual accounts and see whats going on. I don't think this is going to fix itself by waiting or logging out. :p
  • edited November 2010
    This might be obvious, but no joy on logging out and in :p
  • edited November 2010
    Alan - can you let us know if you or someone else in the TTG team are looking into this problem please.

Thanks
  • edited November 2010
    It's being looked into. If you're still having problems, post in this thread and we'll check your case specifically.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Alan - thanks for getting back to us.
    Just wanted to let you know that I can now see the Back to the Future: the Game Insider Forum

;)

Don't know what you've done - but it worked! (for me at least)
  • edited November 2010
    I can see it too. Thanks guys. Telltale rocks!
  • edited November 2010
    I can see it now too. Hurrah!

Thanks
  • edited November 2010
    I cannot see the insider forums. :(
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I just tried to access the link and I received the following error:

"FaMzNeSS, you do not have permission to access this page."

I pre-ordered BTTF so I should have access, but I didn't register for a username for the forums until today, so I am not sure if that's the problem.

Thanks!

-FaMz
  • edited November 2010
    I also do not have access to the insider forums, although I pre-ordered 26 october already.
    Today i registered the forum username.
    Telltale, please help?
  • edited November 2010
    Everyone that's posted in this thread should now have access. Go ahead and check. :)

Let me know if you don't though.
  • edited November 2010
    That did it! Thank you kindly sir!
  • edited November 2010
    I have the same problem as everyone else. I placed my order on October 30th. Thanks in advance!
  • edited November 2010
    cmaghintay wrote: »
    I have the same problem as everyone else. I placed my order on October 30th. Thanks in advance!

You're all set.
  • edited November 2010
    Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I too can't access the insider forums. I'd appreciate any help you can provide. :)
  • edited November 2010
    paulmccain wrote: »
    Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I too can't access the insider forums. I'd appreciate any help you can provide. :)

Try it now, you should be good to go.
  • edited November 2010
    I am having the problem too.
  • edited November 2010
    Same here , can't accesse the insider forum . Thanks in advance for any help :)
  • edited November 2010
    Check now guys, you should be all set.
  • edited November 2010
    Here is also one without the access to the insider forum. I pre-ordered the game about a week ago, but still no go...
  • edited November 2010
    TheGrunt wrote: »
    Here is also one without the access to the insider forum. I pre-ordered the game about a week ago, but still no go...

You're all set!
  • edited November 2010
    I'm having the same forum access problem as everyone else. I pre-ordered about a week ago.
  • edited November 2010
    Steelneko wrote: »
    I'm having the same forum access problem as everyone else. I pre-ordered about a week ago.

I added you.
  • edited November 2010
    Pre-ordered the day it was announced to pre-order it and still no sign of the Inside Forums...

Can anyone specifically check out what is wrong? Thank you. :).
  • edited November 2010
    Doc Brown wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the day it was announced to pre-order it and still no sign of the Inside Forums...

Can anyone specifically check out what is wrong? Thank you. :).

You're all set Doc Brown!
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks ;).
  • edited November 2010
    Just bought it, can't access. I really want to take advantage of the poster deal that the Blog mentioned, which ends tonight.
  • edited November 2010
    I also can't access the pre-order forums. It's been about two weeks since I pre-ordered. I also e-mailed support a few times and posted a blog comment with no response.
  • edited November 2010
    Karpo wrote: »
    I also can't access the pre-order forums. It's been about two weeks since I pre-ordered. I also e-mailed support a few times and posted a blog comment with no response.

You're all set.
This discussion has been closed.